• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

A little question for lvl 50 carpenters.
Is it possible to HQ spruce logs using normal logs?

Just got CRP to 50 and Im about to start on getting the cross class skills

Tash

Starting to be a bit annoyed about their boss fights..Most are just reaction tests and depend way too much on someones latency as well.
There are a lot of fun and challenging mechanics they could introduce but so far they seem super uncreative and boring with boss fight approaches..

And yeah, that is coming from some bad Titan HM burn-out..

Ultrabum

Starting to be a bit annoyed about their boss fights..Most are just reaction tests and depend way too much on someones latency as well.
There are a lot of fun and challenging mechanics they could introduce but so far they seem super uncreative and boring with boss fight approaches..

And yeah, that is coming from some bad Titan HM burn-out..

The bosses get more mechanics in coil.

I was on a Jp server from launch and transfered to NA 2 weeks ago.

The lag, especially on Titan HM, is a huge factor. On the NA server (I live in Chicago) I can just wait for the plume animation on the ground and walk out. On the old Jp server I had to watch cast bar / memorize the pattern just to have a chance of avoiding them.

somebody on reddit is boosting that players from eu that beat coil5 were all using battleping

does it really help?

just asking because from me aoe lag is still a huge issue, especially during CM & Titan

aceface

I was thinking of running a wired connection across the room to my PS3 to improve lag issues, anyone get better performance after doing this?

Ferr986

somebody on reddit is boosting that players from eu that beat coil5 were all using battleping

does it really help?

just asking because from me aoe lag is still a huge issue, especially during CM & Titan

I use Leatrix and although I still have lag, it helps a little (it helped especially on HM Titan).

Tried to install this on my work laptop. When I log in and hit play it insta crashes. Any idea why? I'd like to see if I can get to the config and put it to lowest settings to see if it can run it. I don't want to go 2 weeks with no XIV :(

I was thinking of running a wired connection across the room to my PS3 to improve lag issues, anyone get better performance after doing this?

i will guarantee you will get better performance. i once tried playing this game on wireless and it was crap, like almost every other game.

does it really help?

I don't know about BattlePing, but I tested both PingZapper and DirectIP and they work wonders.
In my case, it's not about latency, but packet loss. The route to SE's servers is shitty.

Tash

The bosses get more mechanics in coil.

I was on a Jp server from launch and transfered to NA 2 weeks ago.

The lag, especially on Titan HM, is a huge factor. On the NA server (I live in Chicago) I can just wait for the plume animation on the ground and walk out. On the old Jp server I had to watch cast bar / memorize the pattern just to have a chance of avoiding them.

Yeah, I am considering trying VPN - Euro servers are in Canada iirc?

Mupod

I found marauder and gladiator to be pretty much equally boring (outside of dungeons) from 1-30. I do plan to level a warrior at some point though, just in case the flavor of the month shifts.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This is basically the first MMO I completed as far as story goes, but yeah I feel utterly lost and disconnected from "endgame GAF", which is basically most of you at this point. I have no idea how to meld materia for my relic quest, and the gear requirement for WP and AK is keeping me away. So basically, I am logging-in just to not waste my GAF FC spot/help people doing the story pretty much. But I do feel like I am just a big burden at this point.

However I am not blaming anyone for this haha. This is my first real MMO afterall. I am just facing that wall for the first time, and yeah...I don't think I can get over it haha. Still it's a great learning experience for the future

Ken

This is basically the first MMO I completed as far as story goes, but yeah I feel utterly lost and disconnected from "endgame GAF", which is basically most of you at this point. I have no idea how to meld materia for my relic quest, and the gear requirement for WP and AK is keeping me away. So basically, I am logging-in just to not waste my GAF FC spot/help people doing the story pretty much. But I do feel like I am just a big burden at this point.

However I am not blaming anyone for this haha. This is my first real MMO afterall. I am just facing that wall for the first time, and yeah...I don't think I can get over it haha. Still it's a great learning experience for the future

have you tried asking in the fc chat

I have no idea how to meld materia for my relic quest
You don't need to. Just buy the required materias and ask someone in the FC for help. They're awesome. I plan on melding stuff for free too after I hit 50.

and the gear requirement for WP and AK is keeping me away.
There are no gear requirements, you are supposed to do WP in your regular gear to start up your endgame. Don't be intimidated by the speedrunners and don't listen to the elitists.

But I do feel like I am just a big burden at this point.
Don't. The endgame is about getting better and better each time you upgrade your gear or learn a new strategy. I played with all kinds of gaffers, some geared to the teeth, and some fresh 50s, and had fun with all of them. They won't judge you based on your gear, quite the contrary.

If you need a boost, just call me and I'll help you gear up. I'm Takato Pakato ;)

Einbroch

Banned

WP doesn't require any gear, and AK doesn't either, really, as long as people are smart.

Ifrit can also be done without any gear, and is a great source for some easy tomes and a chance of a great weapon.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
have you tried asking in the fc chat

Yeah but nobody answered my question haha (Is it ok to leave the GAF FC until I get better/endgame. I don't want to leave permanently haha.) I'm not sure I'm cut out for MMO endgame stuff. And I do feel like I am taking somebody else's spot at this point.

Ken

Yeah but nobody answered my question haha (Is it ok to leave the GAF FC until I get better/endgame. I don't want to leave permanently haha.) I'm not sure I'm cut out for MMO endgame stuff. And I do feel like I am taking somebody else's spot at this point.

there's like a whole page of people who haven't signed on for 20+ days so you're on the bottom of the list of people taking up other people's spots

i think you're being weirdly hard on yourself. pretty sure the gaf fc is casual anyways

I'm not on Ultros, but on Sarg the FC is happy to help new players to the end game. Just ask if anyone is up for helping a first timer in WP or AK. I'm sure someone will be around to help, and if not, don't be afraid to do a DF run for either. WP is especially meant for people who have full AF. Take the drops you get in WP to gear up for AK. Get up to the primal battles in the relic quest and start going through Ifrit and Garuda.

Basically, don't be afraid of starting on WP and AK even if you aren't well-geared yet. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Alucrid

Banned

Don't sweat it. There's 512 slots in the FC, plenty of room for everyone.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Well last thing I want to be called is Debbie downer, lol. Also true story, but trying to quit the FC froze the game. I suppose I'll have to ask if I can rejoin later haha

PS. Alright I'm out. Hopefully I get better. But I don't think so. Then again nobody answered me in the FC chat lol. I just want to leave until I am endgame like the rest of GAF, so I don't slow the FC down

PowerTaxi

Banned
0ghGl2g.jpg

Only took 7 attempts but I got my robe

Well last thing I want to be called is Debbie downer, lol. Also true story, but trying to quit the FC froze the game. I suppose I'll have to ask if I can rejoin later haha

PS. Alright I'm out. Hopefully I get better. But I don't think so. Then again nobody answered me in the FC chat lol. I just want to leave until I am endgame like the rest of GAF, so I don't slow the FC down

Huh? Quite a few people answered you in FC chat, you responded back infact... or did I imagine that o.o

Anyways, you seem pretty relentless in your pursuit to leave the FC over this, despite being told other wise that you wouldn't be wasting a spot in FC chat and in this thread. Doesn't look like any of that mattered in the end though, as long as you're happy where ever you are is what's best. Good luck in your journeys!

KeRaSh

Leveled my Botanist from 16 to 23 today and made some nice pocket money between Leves.
I'm really enjoying the class, even though it feels weird that the only purpose of it is to make me money or provide myself with materials for my Carpenter, which I put on hiatus because it got too expensive around Lv 20. Might continue when my Botanist is Lv 50 and able to sustain my crafting excursion.
Another reason why I stopped leveling Carpentry was because my Dragoon was already around Lv 40 and there was no way I could catch up with it. Since endgame weapons are drops or quest rewards, there's no point in leveling Carpentry.
Not sure if I should start another craft but most gear is dropped or exchanged for tomes anyways so I don't really need any crafting class to support my gameplay...
Feels really weird. I hope crafted gear becomes relevant again with new content updates.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Huh? Quite a few people answered you in FC chat, you responded back infact... or did I imagine that o.o

I mean if it was ok to rejoin later, once I was endgame haha. Nobody answered for that haha. I didn't want to leave at all. FFXIV is literally the only MMO I've ever played seriously but yeah, I just feel like a huge burden and I don't want that. I understand it completely. Most people who are running endgame want endgame folks. It's nothing elitist or personnal. Trust me, I understand 100%. Again I don't want to be gone forever. Just until I am endgame (I can meld materias, and run WP/AK). But I just don't think I'll get there.

Edit. There isn't much point in me playing the game if I can't rejoin GAF once I can run endgame. So I'd like confirmation on that. I'll never allow myself to be dead weight though. Ever. I do respect how GAF is gentle with crappy folks haha. You truly feel welcome even when you know that deep down, you are garbage! Lovely bunch. Best gaming forum? Best gaming forum. Gentlemen/ladies, all of you.

Teknoman

I mean if it was ok to rejoin later, once I was endgame haha. Nobody answered for that haha. I didn't want to leave at all. FFXIV is literally the only MMO I've ever played seriously but yeah, I just feel like a huge burden and I don't want that. I understand it completely. Most people who are running endgame want endgame folks. It's nothing elitist or personnal. Trust me, I understand 100%. Again I don't want to be gone forever. Just until I am endgame (I can meld materias, and run WP/AK). But I just don't think I'll get there.

Edit. There isn't much point in me playing the game if I can't rejoin GAF once I can run endgame. So I'd like confirmation on that. I'll never allow myself to be dead weight though. Ever. I do respect how GAF is gentle with crappy folks haha. You truly feel welcome even when you know that deep down, you are garbage! Lovely bunch. Best gaming forum? Best gaming forum. Gentlemen/ladies, all of you.

Im taking me sweet time and I dont think i'm a burden on the FC. Besides, there are still people that arent there in the FC (asking for some of the mid level dungeons all the time). And i've never had a shortage of people glad to help with dungeons or even give me some tips. Dont feel like you're just taking up space.

Lain

I don't understand you man/woman. Letting the FC down? Being endgame ready? What are you talking about?
People join a Guild (in this game, a Free Company) to play together, to equip themselves together, to level together, to help each other out, to have like-minded people to chat with and have fun with.

To get endgame ready, you party up with other people in the FC to tackle content to get loot/tokens to better your character. That's how everyone usually does it. No one was handed good gear as they hit 50, they had to band together and get it together. It's also easier in doing it with a FC, since you have people that at this point can outgear content/know it really well, giving a nice boost in actually getting stuff done.

It makes no sense to me that you'd leave the FC to get better equipment to be endgame ready to join back the FC later, because, really, what's the point in doing that?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Im taking me sweet time and I dont think i'm a burden on the FC. Besides, there are still people that arent there in the FC (asking for some of the mid level dungeons all the time). And i've never had a shortage of people glad to help with dungeons or even give me some tips. Dont feel like you're just taking up space.

If you ever need DPS for story stuff keep me in mind (info in the GAF Spreadsheet). I love helping people out. Some of my best FFXIV experiences come from helping people out (I think we ran Brayflox together!)

Ken

do you have fc chat hidden or something lol

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
do you have fc chat hidden or something lol
Sorry if I was dense or something, haha. My question was never if I was going to leave or not. I did have some Steam chats with a GAF FC member beforehand (and he was right!). Anyway, I was never ready for endgame stuff. Once I got the materias for my Relic quest, I was...well, stuck haha.

No problem on my end! I just hope I can rejoin in the future. But if I can't well, that's my fault and I understand that. No biggie. That was always the question for me. If it was possible to rejoin later. If not, well...Eh. My fault!

aceface

Sorry if I was dense or something, haha. My question was never if I was going to leave or not. I did have some Steam chats with a GAF FC member beforehand (and he was right!). Anyway, I was never ready for endgame stuff. Once I got the materias for my Relic quest, I was...well, stuck haha.

No problem on my end! I just hope I can rejoin in the future. But if I can't well, that's my fault and I understand that. No biggie. That was always the question for me. If it was possible to rejoin later. If not, well...Eh. My fault!

C'mon man, just go into FC chat and say "can someone meld materia for my relic?" It's as simple as that. Leolin is also stumbling her way through endgame content and the FC folks have been pretty damn patient. She'd be more than happy to run dungeons with you.

I'm not sure why you said you're not ready for end game stuffs. If you completed the story, you're ready for endgame. I was exactly at the same point as your few days ago but now I start farming WP for DL gear and AK. Here what you need to do

- If you already have material and materia for your relic quest, ask our awesome FC for help or shout at Mor Dhona. There are plenty of people who're willing to help you meld materia.

- Start running WP, either with FC or Duty Finder. AF gear and GC weapon is more than enough to run WP.

- Purchase your first DL gear.

You can add me (Devil Gunlady in the game) and we can run WP together.

Ken

i dont think a lot of peopole in the gaf fc are "endgame ready." a bunch are still just slowly enjoying the ride from 1-50 (except dirty drg feep; he's just slow)

also xelios is almost always on and i know he's always up for melding people's relic materia

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
C'mon man, just go into FC chat and say "can someone meld materia for my relic?" It's as simple as that. Leolin is also stumbling her way through endgame content and the FC folks have been pretty damn patient. She'd be more than happy to run dungeons with you.

Leolin is a great gal. Ran Garuda story with me! Again I hope I didn't cut myself off from GAF. It was not my intention. If anyone every need anything in the story, they can contact me at anytime. I did quit so FC chat is out for the time being (hopefully)

Leolin if you read this, and need help for anything feel free to holla. I'll be there for you! Same goes for anybody else! Love to help (as Monk DPS)! I will keep an eye on this thread too, until a GAF officer tells me I am outta luck and gone forever lol!

Again I had a chat with a FC member on Steam, and I am just not ready for endgame (asked them if I could talk about this even!). And I do mean, not ready at all.

WolvenOne

So, when does Coil reset for the week?

I'd like to start turn 1 tonight, but, I'll probably have more options if I wait till everyone has to start from turn one again.

Also, watched a coil video today, but unfortunately it wasn't very helpful. I mean, it gave me some idea what to expect, but, it tried to address strategy for the entire party, and that's a lot to take in at once.

So I probably have to find a learners group, that's willing to wipe a couple times for the sake of getting people trained up.

Also, they'll need to be willing to accept WAR. I'm determined to clear all five turns with one, just to spite all the WAR haters.

That's right, I'm pro WAR!

Teknoman

Leolin is a great gal. Ran Garuda story with me! Again I hope I didn't cut myself off from GAF. It was not my intention. If anyone every need anything in the story, they can contact me at anytime. I did quit so FC chat is out for the time being (hopefully)

Leolin if you read this, and need help for anything feel free to holla. I'll be there for you! Same goes for anybody else! Love to help (as Monk DPS)! I will keep an eye on this thread too, until a GAF officer tells me I am outta luck and gone forever lol!

Again I had a chat with a FC member on Steam, and I am just not ready for endgame (asked them if I could talk about this even!). And I do mean, not ready at all.

Well add Teknoman Blade to your friend list when you get the chance.

frequency

This thread is getting weird...

Anyway, I finally went back to trying to level a DoH class (mainly because my retainers are full and I didn't feel like selling all the stuff for 1 gil). I used up all my leve allowances and only got like 11 levels. I think I'm doing something wrong.

Now I'm sad.

Also DoH is tedious and I want to punch whoever designed it.

I find I'm leveling a lot of stuff now just to clear inventory/retainer space. I'm leveling like every class so I can convert the lower level equipment and leveling DoH classes so I can get rid of the billions of junk I've gotten from leveling those battle classes and DoL classes. I'm going to wear myself out at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom