• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
I avoided playing since the launch of the game till now. What is the status on the guild? Is there space now for new members?

falastini

I am kind of jealous of the extremely adorable Lafaell victory poses.

But that's about it.

Their field of vision. I was watching a video of a lala tank and I was amazed at how easily he could see what the mob was doing. As a Roeg, I often have to fight the camera at an angle to make sure I see some smaller mobs/indicators. If I'm against a wall, I might as well be blind.

Wow, Bane is pretty useful as long as the monsters are close together...this could make farming web kinda easier...

I avoided playing since the launch of the game till now. What is the status on the guild? Is there space now for new members?

I believe there is some room in the Gaf guild...I have to wonder how many of those members are actually active...the Ultros one I mean

Kenai

Their field of vision. I was watching a video of a lala tank and I was amazed at how easily he could see what the mob was doing. As a Roeg, I often have to fight the camera at an angle to make sure I see some smaller mobs/indicators. If I'm against a wall, I might as well be blind.

I am a Roe too but I am a SMN/SCH so this doesn't affect me near as much thankfully. By the time I get a melee to 50 (~23 PUG highest) I am hoping the melee buff will be live. I always seem to have trouble with melee "extra" duties no matter what race I am on in any MMO so I doubt being lala would improve me much. This actually makes me wonder if lala have similar camera issues regarding "wall" LoS.

Also, I remember having quite a bit of trouble in 11 when having to SA/TA a Taru tank (yes i was a SA/TA nub), so I'm hoping this won't be a problem in 14 should a similar mechanic come around. They have already talked about a "Scout" class which probably means a THF job.

Amon-Lau

Net issues is mostly the reason I'm not playing lately,getting 5 90K error's one after another is ridicules... =/

There's the whole move thing as well, but that's no biggy...

Baleoce

Is there anything I should know before putting my companion points into a single route of upgrade for choco? (like some broken mechanic)

I was wanting to make a DD choco just for random DPS when I need it. But if there's a compelling reason for me to do something else I'm all ears.

Kyoufu

Heard that too, waiting on confirmation at the moment.

here you go

ffxiv_10262013_161243w7ycs.png

ZetaEpyon

Has anyone checked to see if the DS4 will work with FFXIV? I know it might be kind of tough to reach certain menus and whatnot without a select button, but does everything else work? The better R and L triggers would make playing so much less of a pain!

I picked one up and out of the box, FFXIV maps the buttons a little strangely even with the config in Windows looking correct. However, after one manual tweak to the FFXIV.cfg file, it's working perfectly. It detected easily on Bluetooth, even, so I'm running wirelessly.

The share button works as select, and options works as start, so no problem there.

It's more comfortable to me than I expected, so I'm pretty happy.

Ken

Turn 4 eluded the coil group of tears today.. sigh, maybe tomorrow...

you guys didn't find a healer? or was kagari late again

so trying to hit titan's heart as a monk is really annoying when his punching animation alone can cause the heart to be out of range of my attack mid animation

Trying to subscribe for 90 days on Mogstation but keep getting some error code. Funny how it's the same credit card that was accepted when I bought the digital copy from them, and I can use it everywhere else just fine. I do still have 6 days left on trial so not sure if that's the issue...

Anyways I sent them a ticket hopefully they'll reply soon. Come on Square I'm trying to give you money!

UrSuLeTzU

you guys didn't find a healer? or was kagari late again

so trying to hit titan's heart as a monk is really annoying when his punching animation alone can cause the heart to be out of range of my attack mid animation

Well, a combination of both really.. when I found healers Kagari had to leave to the airport and then Darkness had to leave, etc, etc...

That sounds pretty rough on Titan but it should still be manageable.

P.s: it was Kagari's fault, as usual :D
P.s: it was Kagari's fault, as usual :D

KeRaSh

One more run of WP or AK and I can get my second DL piece. I'll have the expensive pieces out of the way (first was pants, next will be body) so filling up the other slots shouldn't take as long on a piece by piece basis.
Now that I'm slowly accumulating Myth Tomes while grinding for Philosophy Tomes, what should I focus on when it comes to Myth gear? Should I save the Tomes for Relic+1 or start getting some gear first. I'm leaning towards the Relic upgrade since anything else would make DL purchases pretty redundant even sooner...

Ken

One more run of WP or AK and I can get my second DL piece. I'll have the expensive pieces out of the way (first was pants, next will be body) so filling up the other slots shouldn't take as long on a piece by piece basis.
Now that I'm slowly accumulating Myth Tomes while grinding for Philosophy Tomes, what should I focus on when it comes to Myth gear? Should I save the Tomes for Relic+1 or start getting some gear first. I'm leaning towards the Relic upgrade since anything else would make DL purchases pretty redundant even sooner...

depends on what class you are

i think most classes but bards benefit from relic+1 first but someone else will have to correct me

KeRaSh

DRG here. Stat wise it is a pretty nice upgrade but so is AF2.
Might hold on to my Myth Tomes since DL is enough to beat Titan and since I still need a lot more of that, I'll probably have enough Myth on my hands by the time I beat that fat rock.

Ken

Might hold on to my Myth Tomes since DL is enough to beat Titan and since I still need a lot more of that, I'll probably have enough Myth on my hands by the time I beat that fat rock.

i think alucrid told me what drgs eventually want is gaebolg+1 and af+1 chest anyways but i dont spend myth on my drgs so i'm not 100% sure

Lyonaz

Finally got my full Battlemage set for my Blackmage.

coHovWl.png

Also got almost a full set of the Calvary one. Only need to level those classes for it first.

Ferr986

Im DRG and I went for Gae Bolg+1. Thats what the majority recomends.
With full DL you have enough HP for everything (not counting Coil Turn 5) and the weapon damage is more noticeable. I can say it was a decent upgrade going to regular Bolg to +1. Also, theres nothing like a relic+1, except the Allagan weapons (that drops from Twintania, so good luck..) and even if im not mistaken the relic+1 is still better.

Ultrabum

KeRaSh

Yeah, after hearing that Twintania drops Allgan weapons I was curious about how they would compare to Relic+1 but I couldn't find anything about those weapons. However, Relic+1 is much easier to get and probably necessary to get a Coil5 win anyways so no matter how you look at it, Relic+1 is needed.

Yeah, after hearing that Twintania drops Allgan weapons I was curious about how they would compare to Relic+1 but I couldn't find anything about those weapons. However, Relic+1 is much easier to get and probably necessary to get a Coil5 win anyways so no matter how you look at it, Relic+1 is needed.

http://xivdb.com/?search/!filters/IklURU1TOklDSV9EQVRFRF8wOklTSV9XRUFQT046SVNJX0RSQUdPT04i

Same ilvl as the +1, but with det and skill speed instead of accuracy and crit. That is the DRG one at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom