• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not to ask too much,but I'd like to at least be in the GAF linkshell haha. I just want to be in the FC when I am better. Not to be cut off entirely.

EDIT. If anyone (like Teknoman) gets a Friend Request from K'sonjha Xin, don't panic, it's just me and my sorry gameplay haha.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
There's no linkshell anymore. It only existed as an overflow for the FC.
I still don't get why you left the FC. :\

Oh snap. T_T. Oh well I am patient. I can wait for a new linkshell lol. In any case I will not get banned from GAF because I sunk a thread down. So tata! But I did leave the FC because I am more useless than useless haha. I had an extended chat on Steam with an FC member (who'll remain nameless...forevah!), and it really enlighted me on my gameplay. Some people just aren't cut out for endgame content in general.

Me? You have no idea how bad I was. I was the kind of dead weight who just said "Oh woe is me, what to do with these materia T_T", instead of asking someone to meld straight out. I was an hypocrite and a massive dead weight for all. I literally asked GAF for help on every dungeon from Brayflox and onwards without consideration haha. Trust me, I am capable of introspection. I see my flaws, and I am just a poor fit for now. When I get better, I think I might be of some help. Again, if any gaffer needs story content help (or any dungeon except end game), I'll be there!

Ken

Me? You have no idea how bad I was. I was the kind of dead weight who just said "Oh woe is me, what to do with these materia T_T", instead of asking someone to meld straight out. I was an hypocrite and a massive dead weight for all. I literally asked GAF for help on every dungeon from Brayflox and onwards without consideration haha.

So? I always ask GAF for melds and Relic quest stuff.

Lily

Oh snap. T_T. Oh well I am patient. I can wait for a new linkshell lol. In any case I will not get banned from GAF because I sunk a thread down. So tata! But I did leave the FC because I am more useless than useless haha. I had an extended chat on Steam with an FC member (who'll remain nameless...forevah!), and it really enlighted me on my gameplay. Some people just aren't cut out for endgame content in general.

Me? You have no idea how bad I was. I was the kind of dead weight who just said "Oh woe is me, what to do with these materia T_T", instead of asking someone to meld straight out. I was an hypocrite and a massive dead weight for all. I literally asked GAF for help on every dungeon from Brayflox and onwards without consideration haha. Trust me, I am introspective. I see my flaws, and I am just a poor fit for now. When I get better, I think I might be of some help. Again, if any gaffer needs story content help (or any dungeon except end game), I'll be there!

Your SUPPOSED to ask for help in MMO's. Nobody would get anywhere without it. You rely on people in a group and they rely on you. You were asking for help in the chat and i said i would help but then a few mins later you quit the FC. You should've stuck around.

Lain

Me? You have no idea how bad I was. I was the kind of dead weight who just said "Oh woe is me, what to do with these materia T_T", instead of asking someone to meld straight out. I was an hypocrite and a massive dead weight for all. I literally asked GAF for help on every dungeon from Brayflox and onwards without consideration haha. Trust me, I am capable of introspection. I see my flaws, and I am just a poor fit for now. When I get better, I think I might be of some help. Again, if any gaffer needs story content help (or any dungeon except end game), I'll be there!

I really don't understand, where is the problem? The FC is there for that, to ask for help, to help and be helped.

frequency

/huh

MMOs are not meant to be played alone. Asking for help is what you're supposed to do. You don't get awesome by playing alone.

I'm not sure what that person you spoke to said to you but either they're a total jerk or you totally misunderstood.

I don't think you understand what an FC is about and whoever gave you the impression that you don't belong should be ashamed of themselves. Get your ass back in the FC.

Camp Lo

Banned
I'm looking to switch servers tomorrow, is there a list of the highest populated? I read it's Gilgamesh but I want to make sure.

Ken

/huh

MMOs are not meant to be played alone. Asking for help is what you're supposed to do. You don't get awesome by playing alone.

I'm not sure what that person you spoke to said to you but either they're a total jerk or you totally misunderstood.

yeah so come ultros freq >: (

Alucrid

Banned
I don't think you understand what an FC is about and whoever gave you the impression that you don't belong should be ashamed of themselves. Get your ass back in the FC.

uh, everyone told him in the FC when he asked and in the thread when he asked not to quit, that he wasn't 'dead weight' or a 'burden' etc. etc.

Alucrid

Banned
17754480252836380672_96pp3.jpg

well i quit

rubius01

Strange question:

When I am in my Bard or any battle job my experience flying text is not displaying. But when I go to a crafting job it displays. Is this happening to anyone else?

Asking this again.

My laptop should be able to play the game.

When I hit "play" in the launcher. The window pops up (not full resolution) and the game crashes.

I've tried to play around w/ my resolution and the resolution in the games config file along with directx if that was the issue. I can't figure it out.

Anyone fix this? Anyone have any tips?

rubius01

Asking this again.

When I hit "play" in the launcher. The window pops up (not full resolution) and the game crashes.

I've tried to play around w/ my resolution and the resolution in the games config file along with directx if that was the issue. I can't figure it out.

What's you laptop's specs?

What's you laptop's specs?

i5 2.5ghz. Intel HD4000. 8gig ram. Windows 7 64.

From me looking online it looks like it should work. I just think it's an issue at startup.

edit: I'm not looking to really do anything besides craft/harvest on the lowest settings. Would rather not have to wait 2 weeks to play, :lol

rubius01

hmmm....

The only thing I can think of is to go to a clean boot. Go to msconfig and disable all of your startups and see if you can run it.

And I guess if that doesn't do it you could try to reinstall it. An install corruption is more common than you would think it is; especially if you got it digitally and downloaded it.

I also did a google search "ffxiv arr crash on statup". Nothing really leapt out to me but if you want to take a look around it could jumpstart an idea or something.

hmmm....

The only thing I can think of is to go to a clean boot. Go to msconfig and disable all of your startups and see if you can run it.

And I guess if that doesn't do it you could try to reinstall it. An install corruption is more common than you would think it is; especially if you got it digitally and downloaded it.

I also did a google search "ffxiv arr crash on statup". Nothing really leapt out to me but if you want to take a look around it could jumpstart an idea or something.

Hmm ok.

Kandinsky

I actually relate to this, this is how I play MMOs lol

jiien

Just to reiterate for both you and F0rneus, there is pretty much the ONE requirement to being in the GAF FC: Don't be a dick. You can have one single class at level 1, and run around in circles all day naked in Ul'dah, and we do not care at all. There is literally no way that anyone can be dead weight or useless in the Free Company.

When people volunteer their time to help you through a dungeon, they don't expect something back. They don't expect to get some higher overall guild ranking (there is no such thing), or some more people at end game to run with, or for you to pay them, or whatever. They do it because they want to help you enjoy the game, just as they did.

Alucrid

Banned
Just to reiterate for both you and F0rneus, there is pretty much the ONE requirement to being in the GAF FC: Don't be a dick. You can have one single class at level 1, and run around in circles all day naked in Ul'dah, and we do not care at all. There is literally no way that anyone can be dead weight or useless in the Free Company.

When people volunteer their time to help you through a dungeon, they don't expect something back. They don't expect to get some higher overall guild ranking (there is no such thing), or some more people at end game to run with, or for you to pay them, or whatever. They do it because they want to help you enjoy the game, just as they did.

Well, being a dick and being absent for extended periods without prior notification.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Just don't be me lolol. I used to think I was OK as a newcomer to MMOs haha. I was the kind of manipulative hypocrite who didn't ask for a materia meld. I was the slimy kind who complained about it, hoping for a solution to fall in my lap. Pure bullshit at it's best. I was that kind of player... GAF keeps taking about how OK people are, but nobody knows how bad I was. How manipulative I was, I mean. I finished the story off GAF's back. I used geared players, instead of doing duty finder basically... Instead of doing PuGs, like everyone else, I polluted the FC chat. I could have asked for help, but I basically sat on my materia/experience. I will get better though. And I WILL disappear once people admit I am derailing the thread lolol!

PS. Only reason I'm still here, is I'm hoping for a way back into GAF in the future. Dun dun dun! You guys have to reinstate a linkshell. Ye' must!

Edit. I pathetically thought that I'd be in there for the long run hahaha. HAHAHHAHAHHA. HAHAHHAHAA. Oh wow.

FireVoa

Reading the past page actually reminds me that I ended up maybe completing about three or four AK groups with GAF while I was on Ultros. Makes me a bit sad, I ended up pugging everything and completing major objectives without the FC for my DRG and PLD. Not that I'm complaining, I can totally understand impatience since I ended up wanting things done asap that I didn't wait for help 95% of the time.

Lain

How manipulative I was, I mean. I finished the story off GAF's back. I used geared players, instead of doing duty finder basically... Instead of doing PuGs, like everyone else, I polluted the FC chat.

There is nothing manipulative in asking the FC to help with stuff. I don't really understand why you believe that. Asking people with better gear for help is the way to do it in MMOs, because as people progress, they get better gear, and as newcomers come in, they get helped by the more older players.

frequency

F0rneus, I don't know why you choose to ignore everyone in this thread but... good luck with... whatever... I guess.

Asking this again.

I think I remember reading on the official forums (technical support) about people crashing when cutscenes come up. Could it be that? There is a fix in there somewhere.

I'm sorry I can't provide more information. I can't find the thread anymore. But maybe it could be a starting point for you to look into.

BLCKATK

Took some new people through Coil with us to replace some people that couldn't make it. Was actually a blast! Having 3 melee in turn 4 is fun.

Can't wait for more drops~

Did my first AK today and it was miserable lol : got repelled by Demon Wall and got kill by the last boss's blue ball. So stupid. Luckily the tank and our FC dps were so decked out that they didn't even need me there lol

I'm trying to level my carpenter to 50 and realize I spend so much money for materials. Do you usually go out to gather your own materials or buy from the market?

docbon

Alas, I can no longer find the strength in me to run WP or AK again.

Didn't even finish my myth tomes for this week.

I think I'm burning out. ;~;

Mupod

Well I think it's safe to say I have turn 1 figured out now. Shame I didn't get a chance at my chestpiece, but for a pug-ass pug we did alright. Definitely would have got it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom