• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

8cEHgS6.jpg

Yay. Took me 25+ tries before the last one entered, but at least it was cheap to re-buy.

arimanius

I wish they would give more details on the war changes. I've semi lost motivation in leveling up since if the changes don't fix the issues I'll be regarded as subpar.

WolvenOne

I wish they would give more details on the war changes. I've semi lost motivation in leveling up since if the changes don't fix the issues I'll be regarded as subpar.

Well, we known they're adjusting cool downs, but we don't know which ones. They're also supposedly making it easier to build up stacks of wrath, which will certainly be helpful.

With those two things in place, I'd be satisfied with a Buff to Bloodbath. HP Leeching seems to be a huge aspect of the class, but with the main weapon in your leaching arsenal being so weak, it makes it very difficult to utilize.

rykomatsu

Managed to set up the DS4 (to some extent) in FFXIV PC. It was a bit of a pain, but here's what I did:

Under C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn, there is a file called FFXIV.cfg.

Open this in notepad. Under the <GamePad Settings> section (there are 2) there is an entry beginning with Alias {90, 91, 88...11, 10}

These correspond with the buttons on the game pad and the most troublesome ones are O, X, and &#9651;.

Change the original string from:
Alias {90,91,88,89,41,40,32,33,73,72,48,49,1,3,2,0,4,6,8,5,7,9,11,10}
to
Alias {90,91,88,89,41,40,32,33,73,72,48,49,3,2,1,0,4,6,8,5,7,9,11,10}
in both sections. Save, then start FFXIV.

This should at least correct the button mappings to match the screen. I play with O and X in the correct positions so I can't help you with the reversed mind-fuck that is Confirm = X and cancel = O, however :)

Found the translation key on some JPN blog...copied and pasted it then accidentally closed the site :(

Alucrid

Banned
Well just went into coil as a Bard for the first time. Turns 1 and 4 one shotted, wiped once on Turn 2. Silencing not really that bad. I feel like I do more work on my DRG.

the_id

Planning to migrate to a GAF server. Currently in Phoenix server without any friends to play with.

Whats a good server for me to go to? I live in NZ.

GorillaJu

Well just went into coil as a Bard for the first time. Turns 1 and 4 one shotted, wiped once on Turn 2. Silencing not really that bad. I feel like I do more work on my DRG.

You should stick with DRG so you're using Disembowel. Our DRG switched to MNK and now I do less damage and it's the saddest story ever told.

Khatoz

If I get signed exclusivity rights to drg, mnk and brd loot, then you got a deal!

Well you pretty much have all the DRG loot that drops in turn 1-4, we have no MNKs and you also have almost all of the items and we have Mira use his hack powers to steal all the Bard loot, so sure you can have any of those drops.

Alucrid

Banned
Well you pretty much have all the DRG loot that drops in turn 1-4, we have no MNKs and you also have almost all of the items and we have Mira use his hack powers to steal all the Bard loot, so sure you can have any of those drops.

I'm still missing 3 Drg pieces D:

Apoptomon

Planning to migrate to a GAF server. Currently in Phoenix server without any friends to play with.

Is Phoenix a legacy server or a new one? (I don't think its possible to transfer legacy > new). From the OT the GAF servers are:

Durandal (JP data center)
Leviathan
Ragnarok (NA/EU data center, recommended for EU timezones)
Sargatanas (NA/EU data center)
Ultros (NA/EU data center)

Out of interest (since you're NZ), if you try running a ping test to 124.150.157.158 (JP lobby) or 199.91.189.74 (US/EU lobby in Canada), what do you get?

Rocwell

$18 for server transfers.

Sucks because one of my friends was trying to transfer her character over to Hyperion and the server list wasn't populating correctly even a few days before the free period ended.

Are prices usually this high for server transfers in other MMOS? I understand that they don't want people abusing the system but even so this seems kind of outrageous.

Um...where do you guys go to throw money at SE? My free trial ran out, I put in my CC info at the mog station site and nothing's happening. I thought it'd just bring up a prompt to put in my payment info on the PS3. Am I missing something or did they really make this a complicated mess?

Mairu

Sucks because one of my friends was trying to transfer her character over to Hyperion and the server list wasn't populating correctly even a few days before the free period ended.

Are prices usually this high for server transfers in other MMOS? I understand that they don't want people abusing the system but even so this seems kind of outrageous.

I don't really understand why they're heavily limiting gil on transfers so much vs what they did on the free transfers

WoW charges 25 and I think SWTOR is like 20 but that is also free to play.

Tash

What class/job are you? My FC on Phoenix is recruiting SCH and Tanks. :)
We are currently running T4 Coil

BLCKATK

That fight is usually manageable on BRD the only thing that stresses me is when I'm passing rot, dodging Gravity Field and/or Piercing Laser, and I'm on next silence. I get it every time but god damn talk about stressful.

Mupod

Um...where do you guys go to throw money at SE? My free trial ran out, I put in my CC info at the mog station site and nothing's happening. I thought it'd just bring up a prompt to put in my payment info on the PS3. Am I missing something or did they really make this a complicated mess?

If you have noscript, it'll block whatever stupid nonsense they use to process CC payments. I had to disable it entirely.

WolvenOne

So frigging epic!

Why Square, why did you have to make the armor so much less impressive than Darklight!?! I would ten times rather walk around in this!!!

Aaaaanyhow.

Didn't get Coil started tonight, on account of all the lag, and since I spent some time trying to help a Gaf/Pug mix group with Hydra. Sadly this group didn't make it, but they'll be fine players when they're past it. :)

Anyhow, I think over the course of this week, I'm going to try setting some something more akin to a Static Coil group. It probably won't be entirely static, since, I don't really know seven other players who are on consistently around the same time, and who "need," a coil group. Even getting a semi-stead 4-5 players would greatly improve our chances of being able to consistently clear the first few Turns every week.

Especially if they're the vital positions, Tanks, healers, maybe one of the DPS, you know.

Weaver is taking a lot to level, tho, always having to farm mobs, always having to gather more lightning shards. I think I had to stop leveling weaver 3 or 4 times in order to get another pack of 1k shards.

I am level 42 now and kind of lazy to keep going. I hope GSM is better, because that's where I will be going next.

I hit GSM 50 yesterday and I never farmed shards. Got all the needed shards by doing Tradecraft leves.

dcye

I'm an Aussie on Phoenix. I'm up to Titan for my relic (already have the Oil) and I'm full DL. My problem is that I have a really small FC (which I don't want to leave because I love those guys) but finding a decent group for Titan is impossible. Anyone on here willing to help me out? :(

Tash

I'm an Aussie on Phoenix. I'm up to Titan for my relic (already have the Oil) and I'm full DL. My problem is that I have a really small FC (which I don't want to leave because I love those guys) but finding a decent group for Titan is impossible. Anyone on here willing to help me out? :(

I might be - add me to your friendlist (Kyomi Dreamweaver). I am at Titan too and my FC has him on Farmstatus (we are doing Coil but I am not playing enough to be in the progression group for once -.-)

I'll check if we can smuggle you into one of our runs :)

edit: What is your main job you are doing the relic for?

I've already re-rolled a PLD and gotten it to 50. The funny thing is that I started the PLD back up after they announced WAR would be buffed, because first that won't be until 2.1 and no one knows when that will be and second no one knows the nature of the buffs.

And then the Allagan Shield dropped in Turn 1 a few days ago, so my PLD already has it's first Coil drop even though I haven't finished the relic quest yet.

dcye

I might be - add me to your friendlist (Kyomi Dreamweaver). I am at Titan too and my FC has him on Farmstatus (we are doing Coil but I am not playing enough to be in the progression group for once -.-)

I'll check if we can smuggle you into one of our runs :)

edit: What is your main job you are doing the relic for?

That'd be awesome man. I'd really appreciate it. I'm running DRG at the moment. Because I'm Aussie I struggle a little with some dodges but I'm getting better.

I'm Jeral Ba'ken. I won't be on tonight until maybe later but I'll add you when I'm next on.

Tash

On the topic of Titan DF groups:
Had a random dps rage over me. We spawned and I started buffing when he goes:

"Players coming into Titan with AF should DIAF and are a joke."
So I check around but don't see anyone in AF - having a guess though I go:
"Who are you talking about?"
And he goes:
"You, you idiot".
And I go:
"You do know the difference between AF and AF2, yes?"

I so love wannabe elitists...

UrSuLeTzU

We had a few people stop playing so I'm temp-barding.

Nice, did u get any good drops? Coil group of Tears only did turn 1 last night and got some pretty crappy ones... Kagari might disagree since she got some earrings with str instead of dex(for her bard) but still...

P.s: It's her fault we failed turn 2 xD

orion434

Over the weekend Jade finally reached lv 50 in All TradeCrafts! Currently Armorer is such a worthless class, it was particularly painful toward the end. Alchemist was pretty easy, you can make Smelling Salts or Lanolin... yeah from the Kakrul Skin that most people probably toss.

In the next week I'm focusing on Story & Botany, if I can get around to Fishing I can get all Garhering / Trade Classes to 50.

Sorry that I left the GAF FC, another FC needed a Crafter so at least I'll be put to good use there :)

Alex

It's a shame Twintania is such a bundle of glitched out/hearsay nonsense, I've really enjoyed the deeper end game prior to it. Turn 2 and 4 especially are honestly some of my favorite fights since Ulduar from WoW and Ulduar was gushed over endlessly for good reason.

I have a lot of nitpicks and qualms with XIV, it has a long way to go, but ultimately I really like the encounters and playing the jobs I stuck with, and that's what propels it to being that extreme rarity of an MMO that I stick with beyond the free month.

I don't get to use mine unless we have an odd comp night, but I really enjoy Bard on Turn 4, I'm turning songs on and off so much I feel like a Playlist. It feels very significant, as well, like a real Shadow Priest back from Burning Crusade... I miss that class so much.

Mandoric

Banned
I can't decide what shade of yellow to dye my Vanya hat to go with Sorcerer's Coat. Honey is a little to light in the sun, but Halatali is a little too dark in the shade.

Robin64

I'll be honest, the mandatory dungeons for the story killed my love of this game. I still like it, but those dungeon quests are like walls.

I like dungeons, I really do, but I want to do them in my own time, optionally and when I want. Being forced into one, having to queue for an hour and then get a failing party is just a huge block.

And how's it going to be a year or two down the line, when the majority of the playerbase is no longer doing this low level story?

On the topic of Titan DF groups:
Had a random dps rage over me. We spawned and I started buffing when he goes:

"Players coming into Titan with AF should DIAF and are a joke."
So I check around but don't see anyone in AF - having a guess though I go:
"Who are you talking about?"
And he goes:
"You, you idiot".
And I go:
"You do know the difference between AF and AF2, yes?"

I so love wannabe elitists...

lol. i was waiting for this to happen since i got chest and helmet a few weeks ago. sadly, it didn't happen. i really wanted to experience it first-hand :(

And how's it going to be a year or two down the line, when the majority of the playerbase is no longer doing this low level story?
They'll start to give incentives to reward help from high level players. It begins in patch 2.1, which will give tomes if you play a dungeon at random and will probably fill a lot of holes if they do it right.

I'll be honest, the mandatory dungeons for the story killed my love of this game. I still like it, but those dungeon quests are like walls.

I like dungeons, I really do, but I want to do them in my own time, optionally and when I want. Being forced into one, having to queue for an hour and then get a failing party is just a huge block.

What server are you on? and are you in an FC? I know if I saw someone in the FC mention they needed a story dungeon I'd be happy to help assuming I wasn't in the middle of a dungeon myself. That might be the best way to ensure a victory as well!

They'll start to give incentives to reward help from high level players. It begins in patch 2.1, which will give tomes if you play a dungeon at random and will probably fill a lot of holes if they do it right.

I'm really looking forward to this. I can't wait to mix up what dungeons I'm running while still getting tomes and hopefully helping people enjoy the earlier content with smooth runs.

Iph

Banned
Beat Ifrit for the first time yesterday. Much easier than expected (also had aa pretty solid party). Even got the quick completion bonus.

Which ship port goes to Gridania? I am trying to avoid teleporting back because of the higher gil fees until I reset it as my home point. Do I need to take the airship? I'm such a noob, I keep getting lost. <_<;;

frequency

It really is a terrible terrible terrible decision. If it's this bad 2 months from launch, I can't even imagine how it will be a year from now. No more new players I guess...?

As a healer, I often forcetake a tank friend to do the lower level dungeons and the level 20 Ifrit duty and guildhests to try to help a few people through the long queues. But really when you're through them, there is like no reason to go back. It was a very shortsighted design decision to have story quests in duty dungeons.

Beat Ifrit for the first time yesterday. Much easier than expected (also had aa pretty solid party). Even got the quick completion bonus.

Which ship port goes to Gridania? I am trying to avoid teleporting back because of the higher gil fees until I reset it as my home point. Do I need to take the airship? I'm such a noob, I keep getting lost. <_<;;

Yes, just take the airship. It's 120 gil.

aceface

I'm going through the story very very slowly (about a month in and I'm level 29, yay!) but thanks to the GAF FC I've had no trouble finding people for the low level dungeons. Having a good FC really helps. Lately there's also been a trend of the higher level folks starting new jobs and doing the lower level dungeons as well, which is nice (thinking of pitbull here who tanked my Halatali run, haha).

Mandoric

Banned

I'd like to see exp become useful to capped players too, as pre-leveling for the next cap raise/conversion into some kind of spec points/even just dumping directly into spiritbond. That combined with the first time bonus improving or being applied on a job-by-job basis would put me in a lot more Sastashas or Sunken Temples.

BLCKATK

It really goes a long way to try to find a Linkshell or Free Company with helpful members. It will increase your fun with the game immensely. I love going back and revisiting old dungeons, it breaks up the tome grind quite nicely. And in the future they'll add more incentive for it, so I'm sure those old dungeons will get more populated in the future patches.

They are mandatory for reasons though. Every dungeon teaches a thing or two about mechanics of the game and how to play this game properly. Every time you beat a dungeon or primal, you stack up experiences which will be very valuable at the end game. If all dungeon are optional, there will be horrible players everywhere. And if you think waiting for an hour for DF is horrible, can you imagine how long it will take if they are optional? There will be no reason at all to run a dungeon if all you need to do is FATE-grinding your way to LV50.

They are mandatory for reasons though. Every dungeon teaches a thing or two about mechanics of the game and how to play this game properly. Every time you beat a dungeon or primal, you stack up experiences which will be very valuable at the end game. If all dungeon are optional, there will be horrible players everywhere. And if you think waiting for an hour for DF is horrible, can you imagine how long it will take if they are optional? There will be no reason at all to run a dungeon if all you need to do is FATE-grinding your way to LV50.

This. I would feel for you people if it was mandatory to level at all with them
(no, actually I still would not)
, but they aren't. It's the story of a multiplayer game, so I don't see a downside in requiring multiplayer.

frequency

This. I would feel for you people if it was mandatory to level at all with them
(no, actually I still would not)
, but they aren't. It's the story of a multiplayer game, so I don't see a downside in requiring multiplayer.

It is mandatory. Unless you never want to unlock retainers and airships and chocobos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom