• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

I thought as long as you had actions on additional crossbars, it would include it in the RB toggle. If not, there should be controller settings that determine which will show up.

I'll have to try it when I got home. Right now I only have Sprint, Mount, and the 1-2-3-4 Marks set to crossbar 3, and to access it I have to hold the R Bumper and hit A. The toggle may very well extend automatically when Action commands are added.

Also, another thought just occurred to me. What's the range on Holmong? If it's far enough, it might actually be useful as a means of locking down Add's with AoE attacks, before they run off to chase a healer.

Edit: For example so, during the ADS fight in Coil 1. Use Holmong right as the first ADS ADD spawns, locking it in place for several seconds, out of range of most of its attacks. It'd give you a couple safe seconds to throw a couple Tomo's, maybe hit a CD, and alert any support DPS that the first ADD has spawned.

It'd only work if it's range was just as good as Voke's and Tomohawks though.

Edit 2: Looked it up, and it's a close range attack. Shame, since being able to lock an enemies movement from a distance would actually be extremely useful.

WolvenOne

Incidentally, sorry for all the public musing I've been doing today. I'm going through the process of finding ways of maximizing my effectiveness, and since I cannot experiment at work, asking around is all I can really do.

I mean, for example, without fighting against Codacus from Turn 1, I cannot experiment to see if the Storms Eye rotation cuts his heals in half when he eats slimes or not. I can only ask to see if anyone else has tried that particular experiment.

WolvenOne

So turn 5 nerfed into the ground now? I know of 3 groups that have beat it now. Anyone got a more accurate count?

Sounds like they only increased the window for escaping that one attack slightly. Doesn't sound like a huge nerf, but there were probably a number of groups that were already on the verge, and even a slight reduction in difficulty would likely put them over the edge.

Ultrabum

Incidentally, sorry for all the public musing I've been doing today. I'm going through the process of finding ways of maximizing my effectiveness, and since I cannot experiment at work, asking around is all I can really do.

I mean, for example, without fighting against Codacus from Turn 1, I cannot experiment to see if the Storms Eye rotation cuts his heals in half when he eats slimes or not. I can only ask to see if anyone else has tried that particular experiment.

I don't know the answer, but 90% of groups only use 2 slimes the entire fight, so I don't think it will make a big impact unfortunately.

Princepeach

Neo Member

I know what you're talking about WolvenOne. Play with your UI settings.

By default, R1 should cycle through ANY hotbars that have commands on them of any kind. I know what you're talking about though.

Once, when first starting out, I had somehow changed my config to do what you describe yours as doing, and could not figure out how to change it back. It was early days so I ended up just completely remaking a new character to fix it. There must be some obscure way to change this though. Try digging through the settings and playing with the options.

WolvenOne

I don't know the answer, but 90% of groups only use 2 slimes the entire fight, so I don't think it will make a big impact unfortunately.

Probably not a huge impact, but if a parties struggling to get a slime's HP properly widdled down first, it'd give them a little more wiggle room at least.

That's of course, if it worked in the first place.

I know what you're talking about WolvenOne. Play with your UI settings.

By default, R1 should cycle through ANY hotbars that have commands on them of any kind. I know what you're talking about though.

Once, when first starting out, I had somehow changed my config to do what you describe yours as doing, and could not figure out how to change it back. It was early days so I ended up just completely remaking a new character to fix it. There must be some obscure way to change this though. Try digging through the settings and playing with the options.

Yeah, there should be a way to edit the toggle. I'll have to experiment when I get home. XD

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

If your party is feeding slimes that are high enough HP to heal the boss noticeably, the party has much bigger issues. It isn't a super tough task and it definitely isn't the MT or OT job to control it.

If you are off tank, you probably should'nt be attacking the first snake at all. Just sit around and be ready to get agro on the split ASAP.

Aeana

Trying out Shadowplay with this game, it seems to work beautifully. You do have to play in exclusive fullscreen for it to work, though.

WolvenOne

If your party is feeding slimes that are high enough HP to heal the boss noticeably, the party has much bigger issues. It isn't a super tough task and it definitely isn't the MT or OT job to control it.

If you are off tank, you probably shouldn't be attacking the first snake at all. Just sit around and be ready to get agro on the split ASAP.

Yes I know, this would only be applicable if WAR was Maintanking the first snake. Which I have done, and isn't too bad with a War. I was usually one of the last to die as Main Tank.

Mostly I'm just thinking aloud, trying to discern if there are any little ways for War to be more effective in Coil that I've so far overlooked. Some of this, perhaps even most, is going to end up being a bit of a reach. After all, I doubt anybody has overlooked the obvious stuff.

WolvenOne

There is another Twintania clear, on Sargatanas, now :). MNK Allagan weapon looks pretty cool.

Looks like the floodgates have opened. There'll probably be half a dozen or so groups per server that'll have cleared C5 by the time 2.1 hits.

Really hope I manage to make it in one of those groups. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, where's a four leaf clover!?!

desu

"Nerfed into the ground" might be a bit of an exaggeration. Were these groups fighting in swimsuits?

Apparently Twisters have been nerfed to a laughable state, which is something that made people lots of problems. I suppose there will be tons of clears coming now.

Ken

Apparently Twisters have been nerfed to a laughable state, which is something that made people lots of problems. I suppose there will be tons of clears coming now.

having game mechanics that dont respect the limitations of online gaming was kind of lame anyways

WolvenOne

Also, I'll reiterate.

These are all probably groups that were already on the verge of beating Twintania anyway. Said nerf probably just put them over the edge. We'll probably see a lot of groups pass in the next few days, only for it to slow back down to a slow trickle.

WolvenOne

I just realized, it's Halloween tomorrow, I'll probably be busy with Trick or Treaters until fairly late.

So, I think I'm going to have to cross a couple things off my to do list tonight.

• Try to finish off Coduscus.(sp?)
  • Made All Saints Wake Tour Video.
  • Run WP/AK once or twice, so I'm not scrambling to cap my myth over the weekend.

Yikes, tonight's going to be hectic. D:

Aeana

I think it just seems "laughable" compared to what they were like before. They don't actually appear to be a joke unless you've been training super hard to try to avoid them previously.

MechaX

Huh, Turn 5 is seemingly beatable now. Although, I'm more curious as to what is beyond Twintania from a story standpoint.

Eh, dunno if I'll get it on some Coil action either as a Bard or as a Black Mage or whatever other class I decide on leveling up (which I am now leveling because fuck crafting classes). Kinda tempted to save all of my phil/myth stones on BLM/SMN, though, whenever I eventually get that leveled up.

BLCKATK

Pre-nerf, 1 completion 2 months.
Post-nerf, 4+ completions in 1 day?

How would you describe the change?

I can almost assure you that these groups were almost as good as BG at dodging twisters and were on the verge of beating the fight. Now that Twister is a bit more forgiving, they were able to push on past it easier than before and into the final part of the fight. and with enough coordination the win came. For groups that don't have nearly enough Twintania experience, the fight will still be extremely difficult.

WolvenOne

I can almost assure you that these groups were almost as good as BG at dodging twisters and were on the verge of beating the fight. Now that Twister is a bit more forgiving, they were able to push on past it easier than before and into the final part of the fight. and with enough coordination the win came. For groups that don't have nearly enough Twintania experience, the fight will still be extremely difficult.

Ayep.

Which is why I think we'll see a large handful of groups beating it over the week, only for it to come to a standstill, as more groups have to work to that point.

Instead of grinding out more tomestones, I decided to go ahead and finish grinding LTW to 50 yesterday and today.

As I strapped on my blue head knife and bought a new awl from the AH, and proceeded to make my first HQ square of HQ hyppogriff leather, I just kinda sat there wondering why the fuck I bothered with this.

I still don't have an answer to that question.

Kenai

Instead of grinding out more tomestones, I decided to go ahead and finish grinding LTW to 50 yesterday and today.

As I strapped on my blue head knife and bought a new awl from the AH, and proceeded to make my first HQ square of HQ hyppogriff leather, I just kinda sat there wondering why the fuck I bothered with this.

I still don't have an answer to that question.

I went with "dye-able AF" for my Culinarian and LW is almost certainly more useful than getting that to 50 in terms of moneymaking.

Taruranto

Pre-nerf, 1 completion 2 months.
Post-nerf, 4+ completions in 1 day?

How would you describe the change?

It's not really a good comparion, because it took ppl 2 months to understand whatever the mechanic that insta-killed them was bugged, cause of lag or there was some kind of hidden pattern to discover.

so bored!
nothing to do in game
2.1 soon, yes?

I've started to wish they'd re-introduce NM, at least they would give me something to do in the game world.

falastini

So after being told to work on my gear before tanking Titan HM again after the first attempt, I was wondering of this is enough? Been sitting on a complete Relic and just need a Titan HM clear to get it.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2407947/
Should have better rings by tomorrow but Hopelite headpiece has refused to drop after many, many, many AK runs.

I think you're okay. I would say 6.3k at the very least fully buffed (defiance+group bonus). Table flip will hit you for close to 5k hp. You need that buffer in case healers can't get you to %100 beforehand.

Also watch that video about tank placement after the heart phase. You can avoid two bomb patterns from that spot. The clock pattern will be unavoidable unless you luck out and have the first bomb pop near you.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/113554

Currently, we are split between implementing a personal room within a free company house or personal housing.

lolwat

LOLWAT

Q: Are you looking into mini-games or other elements where free company members can gather and play?
A: I think some staff members are starting to think about a card game…

Oh god, don't play with my emotions. D:

Item Box

Triple_Triad.jpg

yoship pls

so bored!
nothing to do in game
2.1 soon, yes?

I always wonder about this complaint.

Have you leveled multiple battle classes to 50? What about crafting or gathering classes? Have you geared up one or more of your 50 classes? Have you been running the Coil? Do you help friends and LS/FC members clear stuff they are stuck on during your downtime?

As brand new launch MMOs go, ARR is a bit content-light at endgame but there's still a shitload of stuff you can be doing after you've finished the main story and watched the credits roll. I've been playing almost every day since launch and I haven't ever found myself without anything to do, in fact I typically don't have nearly enough time to do stuff I want to do but isn't a big priority like level my Miner.

I don't want them to rehash old FFXI minigames.

Give me Blitzball, dammit!

jiggle

I always wonder about this complaint.

Have you leveled multiple battle classes to 50? What about crafting or gathering classes? Have you geared up one or more of your 50 classes? Have you been running the Coil? Do you help friends and LS/FC members clear stuff they are stuck on during your downtime?

As brand new launch MMOs go, ARR is a bit content-light at endgame but there's still a shitload of stuff you can be doing after you've finished the main story and watched the credits roll. I've been playing almost every day since launch and I haven't ever found myself without anything to do, in fact I typically don't have nearly enough time to do stuff I want to do but isn't a big priority like level my Miner.

lv 50 blm/brd/whm/smn
lv50 gsm/bsm/wvr/ltr/arm/crp/alc/cul/bot/min/fsh
stardust+1
artemis
waiting on my group of friends(who are logging in less everyday) for coil
really not much left to do after the weekly 300 myths farm :<

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I had a weird situation in coil yesterday

Was doing Turn 4, than I get the error from PSN that I have been signed out and it was due to a DNS error

Somehow I still was logged into FFXIV, did a few more ties and maybe it was a placebo effect, but my game was more smoother

Today in the morning I tried to signing off PSN while I was in game, just to see if I can replicate said situation and it worked

Game feels a little smoother and faster w/o PSN XMB overlay

So log into PSN, sign into FFXIV, log out of PSN, keep playing the game
You lose the PSN features, but I get a better result signed out

Can anyone else who is on the PS3 try this out for me?

Darkness Tear and others from GAF?, wanna see if you get a better framerate/smoother experience

dcye

lv 50 blm/brd/whm/smn
lv50 gsm/bsm/wvr/ltr/arm/crp/alc/cul/bot/min/fsh
stardust+1
artemis
waiting on my group of friends(who are logging in less everyday) for coil
really not much left to do after the weekly 300 myths farm :<

:O do you sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom