• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

i'm here thinking people are playing. but finds out it won't start until 8 hours from now? lol

Yeah we're pretty much just answering questions until it starts. I think I'm gonna level a class to the beta's cap and stream it all the way myself. :O

We should go to Ultros...not that it matters since we dont get to keep our characters at the end of this beta weekend on the PS4...no use joining a Free Company or anything...but for April it could be useful.

How many of you playing on the PS4 will hook up a keyboard anyway to chat...?

using my phone with the second screen option. Swiftkey FTW.

And i looked at the server list it just says PS4 beta 1 - 4. Are you guys sure there will be worlds in the first beta phase?

todd360

Sophia I made a square enix account and all that but once it's in the update menu it gets to around 20% and then I get a ps4 fail code. Any ideas? Please tell me i don't have to download the whole thing over again.

edit: final fantasy beta error 20019

Replicant

So I have a problem. Despite living in Australia, my primary PSN account is US. So I downloaded the US version of the beta, thinking it won't be a big deal. Wrong! When I logged in with my Square-Enix ID (Europe), it says I use the wrong app? WTF? Is this region-locked? What am I suppose to do now? I don't want to make a new Square-Enix ID and even if I do, I'm not sure if I can link my PSN ID to it since it's already linked to my old Square-Enix ID.

tldr version: I have US PSN ID, US copy of the beta, but Europe Square-Enix ID. What am I suppose to do? It won't even let me log in via my Euro PSN probably because the Beta was downloaded from US store. This is so annoying. I wish companies would stop with region-locking games.

Astra

i'm here thinking people are playing. but finds out it won't start until 8 hours from now? lol

I thought the same thing. Told a friend to download the beta and play with us a couple of nights ago. We were under the impression it was playable at the time, but he logged in and saw not until Saturday. Shiiit.

So I have a problem. Despite living in Australia, my primary PSN account is US. So I downloaded the US version of the beta, thinking it won't be a big deal. Wrong! When I logged in with my Square-Enix ID (Europe), it says I use the wrong app? WTF? Is this region-locked? What am I suppose to do now? I don't want to make a new Square-Enix ID and even if I do, I'm not sure if I can link my PSN ID to it since it's already linked to my old Square-Enix ID.

tldr version: I have US PSN ID, US copy of the beta, but Europe Square-Enix ID. What am I suppose to do? It won't even let me log in via my Euro PSN probably because the Beta was downloaded from US store. This is so annoying. I wish companies would stop with region-locking games.
you download the ps4 app that corresponds to your square enix region. so get the UK version beta.
i a euro account for pc and linked it with the UK ps4 app and had no problem (of course after i downloaded the US version to find out it didn't work) lol.

Replicant

you download the ps4 app that corresponds to your square enix region. so get the UK version beta.
i a euro account for pc and linked it with the UK ps4 app and had no problem (of course after i downloaded the US version to find out it didn't work) lol.

Fuck. That means I'd have to wait until the 24th to download it again since this one already ate up all of my bandwidth allocation for the month.

Okay, but after I download the Euro app and log in with my SE ID and all, can I log out of my Euro PSN and just use my US PSN? I don't want to be earning trophies on my other PSN ID.

Sophia said:
The first phase of the beta test on PS4 is a separate client and separate server. You will not be able to use the same characters that you have on retail, and you will need to delete the client once this test is over.

If that's the case then I may as well wait before downloading the Euro app.

vakarian32

The first phase of the beta test on PS4 is a separate client and separate server. You will not be able to use the same characters that you have on retail, and you will need to delete the client once this test is over.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll wait for Phase 2 then if it's a separate download.

Silly question (assuming we're allowed to use the Stream option in the beta). If I start streaming a dungeon run, should I be asking everyone for permission to do so or should I not bother mentioning it?

AmyS

Fuck. I cannot get rid of the grayed-out SE account ID that I made last night, no matter what I do.

Deleting cookies in the normal PS4 browser (you know the WWW app) does not work.

Even deleting the FFXIV install, then re-downloading everything, also does not work.

my SE ID is still there, damnit.

Obviously they purposely made this whole process not really easy to do, and very, very exacting so that not every kid and his brother and friends with a PS4 could try the beta unless they do everything exactly right, with one chance to do it. LOL

Waiting for SE to respond to my email....

we need a FAQ or something, for starting over, if that's even possible....

Linconan

Downloaded it, filled out the form onscreen for an account.
Been waiting since yesterday for a once time account startup Code to be sent to me email. Onscreen it said the the codes are only useful for 1 hr, so i need to activate the account withing then.lol. Seriously?! smh
So ready to delete this already.

Replicant

Looking at other people's experiences, Square Enix is pretty dumb to make this needlessly complicated and hard for people to join.

Well unlike the rest of you folk, my set up was pretty damn easy. already got a PS3 account and I was just playing on it last week. SO everything went smooth for the PS4 client.

I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that I was just playing a week ago that made everything go smooth.

Will be playing tomorrow to see how much different the gameplay is.

Anyone heard anything about the game running at higher frame rate and resolution???

Am I wishful thinking of wanting the game to run at 60FPS at 1080p???

Fuck. That means I'd have to wait until the 24th to download it again since this one already ate up all of my bandwidth allocation for the month.

Okay, but after I download the Euro app and log in with my SE ID and all, can I log out of my Euro PSN and just use my US PSN? I don't want to be earning trophies on my other PSN ID.

PC version
EU SE Account
No ps3 copy

Loggged in with EU PSN account and used EU PSN Beta goes all the way through and just waiting on servers go live.
Logged into US PSN account using EU Beta says "Cannot launch Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Please register the promotion code included with your package or download".
the first time i tried was using the US Beta + EU SE account and mentioned i should download the app for my region when i was trying to link my account.

So I am ready to play this tomorrow I have not played an mmo since ff xi but I look forward to playing with you guys.

Psn sohail4321

AmyS

Edit (Edit again, NM) I even tried deleting the saved application data for FFXIV (that 11 MB file) both its saved data on the HDD, and online.

The fact that there is a full fledged story mode before the MMO component of the game should be proof at who the primary audience is. A story mode complete with amazing music, full-fledged cut-scenes, voice acting, and a final boss inspired right out of Final Fantasy VII.

Mind you, it just also happens to be a pretty amazing MMO too.

I absolutely love the way they implemented the story into FF14. That is what I always feel is so lacking in other mmo's. Being an FF fanboy probably has something to do with it too though. Give me a chocobo and I'm sold.

Don't tell me who the final boss is though. Still haven't got that far.

Linconan

Grimløck;101789885 said:
the text is so small when logging in. any way around that?

Click the Right Stick on controller.
Sometimes though when entering details, you'll have to zoom back out

I am so so sorry for your bandwidth allocations.. that is the biggest internet crime of them all. I can't believe businesses get away with that in Australia.

ethomaz

Banned
Fucking text... make it full screen Square-Enix.... they did the browser text in Xbone resolution.

Now account created and waiting a slow progress bar in 43% right now.

i'm going to download both EU and US app and make sure what i said was correct when i tried.

BhClzTgCUAAHKUn.jpg:large

Ashtar

Downloaded it, filled out the form onscreen for an account.
Been waiting since yesterday for a once time account startup Code to be sent to me email. Onscreen it said the the codes are only useful for 1 hr, so i need to activate the account withing then.lol. Seriously?! smh
So ready to delete this already.
Do yourself a favor and just sign up using your computer. I got my email right away and I'm all set for tomorrow

Replicant

i'm going to download both EU and US app and make sure what i said was correct when i tried.

BhClzTgCUAAHKUn.jpg:large

I admire your dedication but this is a joke. Just look at it. Why would anyone need to download 2 copies of the same game just to play it on different account on the same console? No other games require that.

And in some countries like mine, downloading 2 apps pretty much halfing the bandwidth allocation (I only get 50GB/month). If it wasn't the 22nd today, I wouldn't have downloaded it since I only have 2 days of dealing with shaped speed before the bandwidth is reset on the 24th.

This really saps my desire to even try the beta, let alone buying the game and subscribing to it.

PS4 prepped, though SE has some funky thing going on with region confirmation between two different account sites. Probably easier to just make a fresh temp account to get through their newest registration clearances/confirmations or whatever.

Don't do that! You'll get stuck with that temp Square Enix ID like the guy a few post above you.

zychi

Banned
i know the beta is free for now, but can i login with my pc character and play the beta with those characters?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just chiming in to say that if you want a fun management based healer, Scholar is amazing. Amazing single target healer, has a pet to help with group healing as well or once you get geared up more you can use the utility pet which gives skill and spell haste to the party.

Plus you get a free level 50 Summoner!

Looking at other people's experiences, Square Enix is pretty dumb to make this needlessly complicated and hard for people to join.

That pretty much describes everything relating to the PlayOnline/Square-Enix Accounts system, yeah. I mean, it's not as in-your-face offensively bad as uPlay, but it's never been good by any reasonable metric - it just squeaks by since outside of their MMOs it's been mostly unobtrusive.

Kind of hoping the recent release on Steam (and their steady movement through their Final Fantasy classics on there) might be a sign they'll someday switch over to a stripped-down subscription system and not putz around so much with clients and accounts.

Sophia

I need to emphasis, because some people are getting confused.

1. The beta adds a specific service to your Square-Enix account. This service must match the region of your SE and PSN account in order to log in. This is essentially the same as product key for all intents and purposes, which also require matching accounts.

2. As it states quite clearly both when you go through the sign in process and in the frequently asked questions on the website, linking your Square Enix account with your PSN account is an IRREVERSIBLE process. Please take this into consideration, because nobody knows right now if Square-Enix will take pity on people who make a mistake.

The fucking size of the 720p text on my HDTV... make it FULL SCREEN Square-Enix.

That's just how the launcher is on all platforms. On the PC side it's just a window. They probably will adjust it for Remote Play down the line. Also quote your image pls.

Hi all first time post. Just got a few questions about the game.

Is lag/ping a big issue for Australians playing on American servers?

What server choices would be best for Australian players?

I've read up on it a bit and it seems like either Japanese servers like Masamune(Legacy) and Tonberry or for a more populated server its the NA servers Sargantanas(Legacy) and Behemoth.

What are legacy servers?

todd360

Sophia I made a square enix account and all that but once it's in the update menu it gets to around 20% and then I get a ps4 fail code. Any ideas? Please tell me i don't have to download the whole thing over again.

edit: final fantasy beta error 20019

Is no one else having this problem?

ethomaz

Banned
That's just how the launcher is on all platforms. On the PC side it's just a window. They probably will adjust it for Remote Play down the line. Also quote your image pls.
They need to fix that... it can't be that hard to make full screen.

BTW about the accounts I created my S-E account for Brazil but linked my US PSN... seems to be working because it says to wait until tomorrow 00:00 PST to play.

Edit - I was browsing the S-E website and saw that Brazil and US are in the same region "The Americas"... so that's the reason mine is fine.

Sophia

Hi all first time post. Just got a few questions about the game.

Is lag/ping a big issue for Australians playing on American servers?

What server choices would be best for Australian players?

I've read up on it a bit and it seems like either Japanese servers like Masamune(Legacy) and Tonberry or for a more populated server its the NA servers Sargantanas(Legacy) and Behemoth.

What are legacy servers?

I've heard different opinions in regards to which server is best for Australian players, so I'll let one of them answer. I would think personally the EU or JP servers would be better, but they may have another opinion.

Legacy Servers are servers that contain characters from Version 1.0 of the game. Any character on a server without this designation started fresh in A Realm Reborn.

Is no one else having this problem?

One second, I missed your post earlier. I'm looking up the error code now.

EDIT: All I can find is that it seems to be related to being unable to download the patch data. I can't find anything more then that. Sorry. :(

ethomaz

Banned
I never understood why they couldn't just make a launcher exclusively for consoles. Is it that hard to make it 1080p and make it work with buttons.
They are using the PS4 web browser... just make it fullscreen.... it is very easy to S-E do that... I don't know why they locked that way... terrible.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
The music is beautiful!

todd360

EDIT: All I can find is that it seems to be related to being unable to download the patch data. I can't find anything more then that. Sorry. :(

Thank you for looking into it. I just tried a Google search of the error code and couldn't find anything.

Maybe the problem is on their end? I think I will just try again once my second assault dlc finishes downloading. If it doesn't work I will just delete everything and download the beta again. Sigh its times like these when I really wish I had google fiber.

Chatin

Can log into the Square Enix site just fine with my Square Enix Account but trying to log into ARR, I get an error saying my ID or password is wrong. Don't understand.

Arklite

Can log into the Square Enix site just fine with my Square Enix Account but trying to log into ARR, I get an error saying my ID or password is wrong. Don't understand.

I had that issue. Remember that your ID and nickname are two different things. The SE site shows your nick, you need the corresponding ID name.

edit: oh yeah, what Man says too about the extra space. That is devious with how small everything is.

Man

I experienced something similar a few pages back, here's the steps I did to handle it:
The login screen is available but it sais my password/login name is incorrect.
I try the same details on the online webpage and no problem. I can see that my PSN account is linked there as well.
I believe this also happened to me during the PS3 beta last year preventing me from participating.

edit 1: Wait... it worked using my username. Doesn't support e-mail as login... amateurish... but now it's complaining about lacking country of residence. Maybe you should have let me edit that in the PS4 game.. *opens SE site* ... oh I see. I already have my country (Norway) assigned. I distinctly remember facing the same problem last year with the PS3 beta as well. I would be grateful if anyone who has faced this challenge before detail their steps.

edit 2: Well... it seems like SE has a two tier system with two different websites:
http://na.square-enix.com/us/profile/edit/accounts
is the not the same as...
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/
You need to edit the identical attributes on that second site... which affects both...

edit 3: Problem was in parts the PS4 keyboard adding a space after my name was entered. This was practically impossible to see on the pocketstation sized browser window as well. This fixed my problem and I'm now updating the client proper.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
how long till it starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom