• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Excited to try this tomorrow (well, maybe, beta and all that) and start living up classic FF again.

Oh, and for anyone else who was wondering it seems you can only get the collectors edition from the Square site. I might do that if I really enjoy the art/music.

Z3M0G

DIqoEd1.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
i wouldn't worry about race for min-maxing. it really won't matter, just go with whatever you prefer
I've been thinking about making a Lalafell Paladin, haha. I definitely want to roll a Paladin, but I'm not sure what race I want to go with. With a name like kittens, my first instinct is Miqo'te, but maybe not.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Weird, can't update the US version while logged into my EU account (downloaded the US version prior to the EU stores updating). It doesn't push updates to it.

Re-downloading the EU version now to save some annoyance.

cormack12

Gold Member
Thanks to those who helped earlier, now got the beta on my PS4. For some weird reason it was sitting in my download list on the store and it hadn't got through to the PS4. Shut down PS4 properly, booted back into it and away it went!

I'm quite excited for this -first FF game :)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Cat is the Master Race.
From the pictures I've seen the cat guys all have weird super model eyes. I want cute eyes like the cat ladies, or something more like the human eyes! I'll probably mess around with the character creator for an hour, haha.

RK9039

Is the PS4 beta live?

Come to Ultros, all of you can give me a 1000 Gils for the Free Company entrance fee. I will make sure the donations are placed very safely in the FC bank, only I can do this.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is the PS4 beta live?

Come to Ultros, all of you can give me a 1000 Gils for the Free Company entrance fee. I will make sure the donations are placed very safely in the FC bank, only I can do this.
Cool, thanks! I'll add this to the OP.

lol

Gaz_RB

So are they really letting us use the PS4 touchpad like a mouse? Cause that would be badass, and the first game to do so yet.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I spent ages trying to register last night before bed because Square's email shit is stupid, but finally got it set up, and now I'm just waiting for this weekend. I'm very intrigued by this game, as I've never played FFXI (I have an unopened copy I got from a friend sitting on my shelf).

If anything, my wife may be the main one playing the game, since she's at home 24/7, and has more time to play an MMO than I do.

ReaperXL7

I have a highlander monk waiting for me to jump back in. Hopefully this beta will be much smoother than the initial beta at launch was, I remember the melt downs well.

So I'm in Australia but I use a US PSN account exclusively. I have to make a US Square-Enix account right in order to link it to my PSN account? Will there be any issues when paying for the subscription each month? Or can I buy pre-paid cards (which don't need to be shipped)? Is it best that I wait for a PS3 sale on FFXIV and then just do the transfer to the PS4 version?

Sorry for all the questions.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Is the PS4 beta live?

By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings!

So I'm in Australia but I use a US PSN account exclusively. I have to make a US Square-Enix account right in order to link it to my PSN account? Will there be any issues when paying for the subscription each month? Or can I buy pre-paid cards (which don't need to be shipped)? Is it best that I wait for a PS3 sale on FFXIV and then just do the transfer to the PS4 version?

Sorry for all the questions.

You can buy crystals then use crystals to buy subs if you dont want to worry about se keeping your cc on file. the prepay cards are too expensive imo.

Aeana

Apparently, those who buy the game on Steam get the option to pay the sub with Steam wallet. And the option only shows up on Mogstation for those people. Seems kinda weird.

suzu

Make sure you're following the main scenario quests! The icon differs from normal ones.

Story quest:
40px-Mainquest1_Icon.png
(fiery ! icon)

Side quest:
40px-Sidequest1_Icon.png
(regular ! icon)

Also keep up with your class quests.

HeelPower

Make sure you're following the main scenario quests! The icon differs from normal ones.

Story quest:
40px-Mainquest1_Icon.png
(fiery ! icon)

Side quest:
40px-Sidequest1_Icon.png
(regular ! icon)

Also keep up with your class quests.

its easy to follow.Quest tracking is superb in this game.

Nobody min-maxes the race, it makes very little difference. Even buying the best gear isn't always important, as the game gives you good enough gear through questing for much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom