• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i havent played this in about 2 weeks, mainly due to the fact that i need to do one of those tutorial instances and dungeon finder was taking forever. anyway i logged onto the beta and it said square has deactivated my account due to "suspicious" activity, so i went to go reset my password and all of a sudden it says my birthdate is not the same as the one on my account, which is what i need to reset the password. eventually it locked me out all together. apparently its a server problem on their end and im just out of luck. if this holds up i may not get to try out the beta, and i may need to repurchase XIV now -_-

Fehyd

Banned
so i havent played this in about 2 weeks, mainly due to the fact that i need to do one of those tutorial instances and dungeon finder was taking forever. anyway i logged onto the beta and it said square has deactivated my account due to "suspicious" activity, so i went to go reset my password and all of a sudden it says my birthdate is not the same as the one on my account, which is what i need to reset the password. eventually it locked me out all together. apparently its a server problem on their end and im just out of luck. if this holds up i may not get to try out the beta, and i may need to repurchase XIV now -_-

There was a glitch, might have saved your birthdate in DD/MM/YY instead of what it displays as. I know a few people altered the numbers and it worked.

teiresias

Thanks I just started updating the client.

Just to make sure is there a way to make sure SE won't automatically bill me or auto renew a sub (even tho im just playing beta) since I linked my PSN to the SE ID.

thanks!!!

I don't think SE even supports paying for FFXIV subscriptions via PSN.

Hellers

I remember people saying after launch that there weren't any easy ways to make money at the level cap? Did that change at all?

Cmagus

I remember people saying after launch that there weren't any easy ways to make money at the level cap? Did that change at all?

Right now it depends on the server. I'm on Excalibur and the end game economy is a little rough right now. The main issue was housing at first because the prices they set on alot of server was insanely high which led to alot of people not spending gil and exhausting whatever they could in order to obtain a house. However the housing prices have come down alot and more groups are now getting them. You can see a small boost to the markets with furniture right now and materia seems to have picked up abit.

That being said if you're already playing the game you know this but for any new player coming in by time you come anywhere near that point the markets should be much stronger as they are kind on the rise again. If you are joining one of the gaf servers I believe they have housing so it shouldn't be much of an issue and you should be able to bank more gil. We obtained our house now I don't know what to do with my gil lol.

There are also end game quests for treasure maps that allows you to form a group and complete them giving you gil and sometimes it can be a good map with a nice gil reward. Most of the end game dungeons also have enemies dropping gil and you can get a little over 4000gil a run which isn't bad and if you enter a high level roulette you get a nice little bonus as well. So there are ways to make money you just gotta figure it out and like I said it will vary depending on the server.

been playing on the ps3 on and off on Ragnarok. what server is everyone going to? i havent made a friend there yet except the guy to who told me to pick ragnarok. this game is so single player.

mr2xxx

Banned
I purchased the PS3 game during the Dec. sale. Never installed it. What should I do? Start a beta account then activate my retail copy and free month later, activate that now and play the beta?

Does it usually take awhile for SE to send you the confirmation code email? Been Atleast an hour plus and still nothing. I registered on the PS4 inside the client with that incredibly small 1pt looking text so couldn't even tell of my email was correct lol. Just retried on the phone and it says my email is taken already so it went through. Just waiting on that confirmation code. I hope anyway.

gryvan

So to encourage more PS4 players to play tank, this is how near endgame Tanks look like (because I'm still not in BiS atm):

cpd6.png

PLD (Paladin)

WAR (Warrior)

Tiv you better not text Yennaiv D:

So after downloading 10gb for the BETA, I just now been told when I tried to connect that my account has been suspended due to suspicious activity. I havn't played since the Beta on PS3. What the hell.

So here I am, trying to get my password reseted, and once again, another situtation arrives, my e-mail seems to have been completely erased from the data base. So then I'm just thinking "fuck it, ll just register myself a new square enix account", right? ..Wrong! I can't use my new account since I can't even change my username in the menu! So now I'm stuck with a suspended account that I can't figure out for the life of me how to fix so I can play with friends this weekend.

Joy.

Cmagus

So after downloading 10gb for the BETA, I just now been told when I tried to connect that my account has been suspended due to suspicious activity. I havn't played since the Beta on PS3. What the hell.

So here I am, trying to get my password reseted, and once again, another situtation arrives, my e-mail seems to have been completely erased from the data base. So then I'm just thinking "fuck it, ll just register myself a new square enix account", right? ..Wrong! I can't use my new account since I can't even change my username in the menu! So now I'm stuck with a suspended account that I can't figure out for the life of me how to fix so I can play with friends this weekend.

Joy.

Did you input your password wrong several times? If so check your email they will send you an email telling you how to reset everything. They do this for security reasons and I've done this before trying to log into the Square enix store.If they aren't getting back to you give it some time as they are probably dealing with alot of people right now.

Did you input your password wrong several times? If so check your email they will send you an email telling you how to reset everything. They do this for security reasons and I've done this before trying to log into the Square enix store.If they aren't getting back to you give it some time as they are probably dealing with alot of people right now.

Nah, I had the good password, plus I didn,t even get any e-mail from Square enix as my e-mail doesn,t seem to be in the data base anymore! (It seems that way because I used that same e-mail to make my new account.)

Joy.

I got the same thing. Reset my password and all was good though.

AmyS

Shit!

I forgot my password as I set everything up in the wee hours of the morning. got confused with the browser while registering and thus now I forgot.

How do I reset my password ? Says there's no ID for my email.

Joy.

same here!

RK9039

So to encourage more PS4 players to play tank, this is how near endgame Tanks look like (because I'm still not in BiS atm):

PLD (Paladin)

WAR (Warrior)

Tiv you better not text Yennaiv D:

Is that the best armour for the Warrior right now?

Ricker

We should go to Ultros...not that it matters since we dont get to keep our characters at the end of this beta on the PS4...no use joining a Free Company or anything...but for April it could be useful.

How many of you playing on the PS4 will hook up a keyboard anyway to chat...?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We should go to Ultros...not that it matters since we dont get to keep our characters at the end of this beta weekend on the PS4...no use joining a Free Company or anything...

Ultros + Keyboard for me.

We should go to Ultros...not that it matters since we dont get to keep our characters at the end of this beta weekend on the PS4...no use joining a Free Company or anything...but for April it could be useful.

Beta weekend? Isn't supposed to be up till March 3rd?

Alucrid

Banned
Man, it was hard for me to choose when making a Miqote because I wanted to min/max, but I fell in love with Sun Eyes and regret not picking Moon. The fangs on Moon are great too! I just wish all Miqote have the best of both(Fangs/Eyes).

I wouldn't be too worried, all cat people look stupid.

Con_Smith

Banned
Want to play this game but I keep being told my login stuff is incorrect after several attempts and double checking as well as the one time password thing not picking up my account info.

What do?

Epcott

Oh snap, I think its live!

Well it looks like its downloading the setup from the client.

I guess I'll get no sleep tonight :)

MrBS

Small update to the app, logged in now watching a 'preparing first time set up' progress bar slowly move. At this stage the keyboard is working but not the mouse. I did plug it in after I started though the update so I'll see if a quick restart once this setup is done helps.

OneUh8

I am all set to go for tomorrow I think. Installed, created accounts, and am about finished with the "first time setup" install. Love the music, so tranquil.

grimmiq

Account linked and updating now..Guessing we can't play existing characters yet, mostly just want to test remote play, only things I have left to level are Botanist and Fisher, would love to be able to level those laying in bed with my Vita.

Weird, can't update the US version while logged into my EU account (downloaded the US version prior to the EU stores updating). It doesn't push updates to it.

Re-downloading the EU version now to save some annoyance.

Well i managed to patch it , but then it crashes and ask me a code to continue ...

Redownloading the Eu version .....

plake

Patched and ready to go. So psyched! But seriously though, what's up with the windowed launcher? It looks ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom