• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remote play seems pretty good to me once I increased the HUD size to max, at the moment it's just the NPC dialogue boxes that are very difficult to read, but they are like that on my TV too so hopefully they do something about it.

Fate Party Yes Please! lol

recentral2014-02-22040sau0.png

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just started playing on the PS3, these shots have me hyped for the PS4 version. MMOs really benefit from extra screen real estate.

Yeah, HUD configuration in the start menu.

Yup. You can make the HUD elements larger. This helps A LOT. You can also make log window text larger. But that seems less helpful as you can see less text in the log window at once.

just need the npc dialog to be bigger so i can't have to squint or sit closer to my tv lol

Yoday

Has anyone found a way of using the controller + keyboard for UI functions? It would be nice to be able to use the controller, and then just quickly hit a hotkey on the keyboard to bring up UI windows. As it is right now any key press just starts typing.

EDIT: Okay, Ctrl + Keybind opens the appropriate UI window. Handy, I just wish I didn't have to use Ctrl.

MilkBeard

I'm gonna go watch some Hunter x Hunter now, but this was fun starting Final Fantasy XIV. Even the beginning fetch quests and roaming around is fun. I can tell this will be a really fun game once I get to some dungeons and bigger quests.

AmyS

Even though I've only moved through a few of the introductory areas and really have no idea what I am doing in an MMO (imagine someone who cant swim being thrown a mile out into the Atlantic Ocean) I can say that I am so happy the framerate is not locked at 30, it's generally 60.

I've only just tuned myself to the Crystal. (It's so blue 'n shiny.)

So I can easily see how FFXIV AAR on PlayStation 4 would go to around 30fps or so when in large areas with far more characters on-screen, fighting, casting, etc. The best of both worlds in terms of framerate.

No wonder Dualshockers had conflicting reports late last year about 60 / 30.

Obviously I haven't been able to test that, cause, I am more lost than a goldfish in the Pacific right now. But it sure is fun being a beta tester.

They don't pay me to do this!

plake

Allright, I'm on beta 5 and started as a melee char this time around. Evelyne Branford, so say hi if you see me!

I wish this game had no monthly fee. I would so be buying it and playing it every now and then.

Tabris

Did the Square Enix PS4 developers not try playing this on a TV from a normal couch distance? I can barely read anything and I cannot change the chat window or dialogue window size.

Buttons

Did the Square Enix PS4 developers not try playing this on a TV from a normal couch distance? I can barely read anything and I cannot change the chat window or dialogue window size.
You can use the touch pad to resize the chat box. You can use it like a laptop track pad, and tap the top right corner of the chat box to drag and resize (dont click the touch pad, tap it and hold).

Not playing it myself but this is what I found to answer your question. ^^

Spades

It's also frustrating that you can't adjust all window sizes by % at the same time and have to do them all individually.

Raxious

WTF, the FF XIV client is gone from my PS4, and apparently I cant get it from PSN :s

Edit: It was still on my download list through PSN. Just really weird that I have to completely redownload and install the game again.

MMaRsu

What is the one time password and how do I enter it? I already created a SE account on their website on my pc.

jiggles

Banned
Massive improvement over the PS3 version. I sit about 4 feet away from the TV so it's all perfectly legible. As expected, it's virtually indistinguishable from the PC version at 1080p, except in performance, but that's subject to how good your rig is.

I rolled Conjurer and got to lvl9. And I've seen enough. I'll be back in Phase 2 when my progress actually matters.

Marceles

Massive improvement over the PS3 version. I sit about 4 feet away from the TV so it's all perfectly legible. As expected, it's virtually indistinguishable from the PC version at 1080p, except in performance, but that's subject to how good your rig is.

I rolled Conjurer and got to lvl9. And I've seen enough. I'll be back in Phase 2 when my progress actually matters.

Yup, turned out great. My eyes are still adjusting to seeing everyone at once lol. My ultimate test was to zoom in on a tree's leaves, no lag. I'm impressed, doubt I'll login again, but now I don't want to log back in the PS3 version and go back to FF14 poverty

Scrawnton

Shame it isn't F2P, will be hard for it to compete with all the F2P games that are coming to PS4

Game seems to be doing pretty well without f2p. Also there are still people out there who want traditional mmos, this games success proves that.

danthefan

Started up and played a bit, my one complaint is that I find the font size miles too small, I can hardly read anything on the screen. I'm sure it's fine when you're two feet away from a PC screen but not when you're 6 feet away on a couch.

Rsinart

Well made it to lvl 13 cnj. Game looks on par with my pc running it at ultra. Can't really see much of a difference. Still seems to be an issue with selecting mobs while in Fates. But overall the game works well on the controller. And pretty surprised how smooth it is on the ps4.

Didn't check but is there keyboard and controller support together? I know on pc beta I played on a controller but used macros on the keyboard.

I believe I am on beta world 2, psn: Rsin, game name: Sir Rsin. If anyone wants to play.

MMaRsu

Ok I figured it out and created a character. I chose world 5 but its full and theres 110 ppl in the queue. can I transfer my char to a different world?

Wait its letting me go in omg

vakarian32

Hi all first time post. Just got a few questions about the game.

Is lag/ping a big issue for Australians playing on American servers?

What server choices would be best for Australian players?

I've read up on it a bit and it seems like either Japanese servers like Masamune(Legacy) and Tonberry or for a more populated server its the NA servers Sargantanas(Legacy) and Behemoth.

What are legacy servers?

I'm in Aus and play on Tonberry which has a large Oceanic community, you can check what ping you get here http://www.arrstatus.com (copy paste IP's and ping in cmd). I get around 140ms to Tonberry and 260ms for Behemoth.

Epcott

Having a hard time reading text, even with my glasses on. Spent so much time adjusting the HUD I had to turn off the stream. Haven't played since October, it's going to take some time getting use to.

Looks beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom