• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z3M0G

Ok played from vita first, x was select and o was cancel.

Playing with ds4 now, o is select and x is cancel. Lol

Edit: had to switch controls to default

Rixa

Remote play was kinda betaish experiment :). Somehow SE forgotted to map X & O buttons in western way (there was no option to change there settings from Vita ps button)

PS4 + DS4 X = accept, O = cancel
PS4 + Vita rp X = cancel, O = accept

Sadly couldnt take picture by using Vita screen capping. Tho took some FFXIV ARR beta Vita rp shots by camera. Text is very small, could use some kinda magnifying lense.

Ripatto%20Horatto.jpg

Z3M0G

Remote play was kinda betaish experiment :). Somehow SE forgotted to map X & O buttons in western way (there was no option to change there settings from Vita ps button)

Sadly couldnt take picture by using Vita screen capping. Tho took some FFXIV ARR beta Vita rp shots by camera. Text is very small, could use some kinda magnifying lense.

I played on vita first. Controls were western, but were japanese when I played on the ds4. Had to reset to default. Lol

Z3M0G

Clicking touch pad does nothing. Isnt that supposed to hop around the hud like select/back??

Edit: whaaaaaaat.... if your thumb is in the center, the click does nothing. From the edges it works fine.

Im gonna spend time on the beta forums giving feedback for sure.

Edit: ok, using either side of the touch pad will tab in different directions. They are treating it as more than one button. Kinda cool actually

OK I'd like to give this a go, haven't played it before. I did play the one that was on 360 years and years ago, is it similar to that?
Have you played WoW or any of its clones? FFXIV basically takes the best bits from many WoW clones, and then adds Final Fantasyesque storyline, cut scenes, characters, and music. If the only MMO you've played was the 360 one, then yes this is similar, except a lot less "hard core" - there's a LOT LOT LOT less grinding, there's no experience loss on death, you don't need a party to survive basic questing only dungeons and certain boss fights, and the game's maps will show you where to go for most quests.

Why i don't want to offend anyone! :) really!

The word has more than one meaning, but it's kind of a touchy thing... just giving you a heads up. The way you used it might be fine for all I know.

On topic, I'm really pleased with the visuals after suffering the PS3 version which I quit after a few hours due to ugly and frame rate.

Dunlop

Is there a way to invert the y axis? I can't find it in settings

Not that it matters, I need to sit like a foot from my TV in order to read the text lol

I'm trying to get into the game but it keeps saying my id and or password is incorrect. I even made a new account with an extremely easy password and it continues to say it. Is it because I'm in the US? What the hell is going on?

How do you expand the chat window?

Not sure I will be switching to the PS4 version. I have my PC hooked up to my TV now. I guess there is no benefit besides Remote Play. Might just use it for trophies since I get it for free.

I find navigating the UI with the touchpad not that intuitive right now.

I was hoping the text communications and menus would be easier to read with the PS4 version since it was designed for play on a TV. No such look. Most I can do is scale the HUD. You can already do that in the PC version though.

I am still not sure if I like it or not. It's so unintuitive on consoles, but I find grinding levels to be oddly appealing.

This is Jim. Jim Theknight.

wl17jh6.jpg

QP3

Wow, seeing those remote play shots makes me giddy. Very cool. How would you compare the experience of the mmo while on the vita vs. the ps4?

Rixa

Wow, seeing those remote play shots makes me giddy. Very cool. How would you compare the experience of the mmo while on the vita vs. the ps4?

Iam testing remote play more at evening (its now 15:47 CET). Need to try and find a way to change those X & O settings. And increase those texts also. But remote play seems to work well and I didnt notice any major lag. Ill post those next test results to this topic later on.

Edit: Testing it now. Managed to change X & O from settings, prolly need to change them again when not using rp.

MilkBeard

I am still not sure if I like it or not. It's so unintuitive on consoles, but I find grinding levels to be oddly appealing.

I disagree...I've never played an MMO before...and to be honest, all the different message systems and mechanics were daunting at first but I've been learning them pretty easily...

In fact, I'd say it's pretty easy for someone who doesn't have any MMO experience to pick up. Perhaps it is easier on mouse an keyboard, but so far I think they've done a good job mapping everything to the controller. It does take some learning, though.

Chucker

Had this ready to go at 3am but couldn't create a character on a server. Will try to jump on 5. Name should be Chucker Deluxe. PSN is ChuxBuster.

Majanew

Banned
Just registered... WHAT THE HELL were they thinking with the tiny ass box with the mouse cursor and having to zoom in just to fucking see anything? Good thing Square took the time to fix that layout for PS4. :|

ieatzombies

This is why I stay clear from mmo's..especially this kind. Stayed up all late night playing this. I told myself to stay away after playing the ps3 beta! Great game once you start ranking higher in the levels.

So we are all in beta world 5 huh???
Well that world is completely full with 100+ players in queue waiting to get in the world.

Well damn.

Edit: nevermind, I got it.

can someone help me? have a character on Ragnarok server on pc, when I press start and choose the profile 1 gives me this error message

"This service account can not be used in the current environment.Use of an account from multiple platform Requires proper registration for each platform"

can someone help me? have a character on Ragnarok server on pc, when I press start and choose the profile 1 gives me this error message

"This service account can not be used in the current environment.Use of an account from multiple platform Requires proper registration for each platform"

Sounds like you need to register on the PS4 versions since your already registered on the PC.

I had to link my account to the PS4 version myself to my enix account. but twas all down in the game itself though. When I linked the account from my PS3 on to my PS4, it registered me for the PS4 versions automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom