• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

How on earth I can change font size to bigger when remote playing?

PSVita%20rp.jpg

Vita seems to handle walking & sprint command nicely. Time to do some fighting :p

Sounds like you need to register on the PS4 versions since your already registered on the PC.

I had to link my account to the PS4 version myself to my enix account. but twas all down in the game itself though. When I linked the account from my PS3 on to my PS4, it registered me for the PS4 versions automatically.
it may be that the cause is the fact that I have not renewed monthly?

I saw that my profile is associated with the PS4 is where my character on PC

How do u map quests? Lol im stuck at 1st few

Look at the mini-map, it shows quest markers that tells you the direction to go - green checkbox is a completed quest you can "turn in", and there are a couple little yellow markers for in-progress quest goals. If you see a large orange circle on your map, that's an area where the quest goals might be found in quests where you have to search for things.

You can also bring up your journal, highlight a quest, and click "map" to see where the quest goal is.

nikos

This first time setup; the anticipation!

Really looking forward to this. Wish we could use our regular characters on regular servers, but it'll be nice to play on console for a change. Can't wait to try mouse and keyboard, but I might force myself to get used to the controller with a new job so I can play relaxed. Maybe an ez mode class like Dragoon, lulz.

Can't wait to see how the visuals compare to PC on max and try remote play. It'll get me to actually level professions one day.

Grisby

It's up? Great, after I finsh my run I'm gonna get on.

Just gonna get the hang of things considering your first character gets wiped.

Anyone else have a problem with their square account, I keep getting told it doesn't exist even though I get emails from them and participated in the ps3 beta.

Dante316

Look at the mini-map, it shows quest markers that tells you the direction to go - green checkbox is a completed quest you can "turn in", and there are a couple little yellow markers for in-progress quest goals. If you see a large orange circle on your map, that's an area where the quest goals might be found in quests where you have to search for things.

You can also bring up your journal, highlight a quest, and click "map" to see where the quest goal is.

Thanks. Are the bsttles always auto? I know R2 allows me control, but can I shoot individual arrows too?

Stuart444

I hope with Phase 2/full release SE makes the login screen bigger like the PS3 version (which is full screen). The Start menu screen also looks smaller than the PS3 version.

edit: Damn, the text is small in the character creation screen as well.

Played for a couple hours

Seemed kinda fun. A lot more engaging then I thought it would be.

I tried an Archer but I noticed a lotof archers and mages. Didn't see one single person swinging a sword when I played.

The music is beautiful and it looks really good for an MMO. I might keep on playing sometime tomorrow.

Think I might change my character though, since I'm not sure if the Archer thing was for me.

I was getting the "Please register the promotion code included with your package or download" error when trying to start the game but I found out what the problem was if it helps anyone.

It happens if you try to start up the game with an account that didn't download the game. The easy fix is just to add the game to that account through the Sony store; I used the website to add it to my account since I'm lazy.

Remote play was kinda betaish experiment :). Somehow SE forgotted to map X & O buttons in western way (there was no option to change there settings from Vita ps button)

PS4 + DS4 X = accept, O = cancel
PS4 + Vita rp X = cancel, O = accept

Sadly couldnt take picture by using Vita screen capping. Tho took some FFXIV ARR beta Vita rp shots by camera. Text is very small, could use some kinda magnifying lense.

yeah i encountered the same problem.

Not to mention HOW SMALL the login area is on remote play

I made a new account to try and get around the sign in problem I was having and now it just says that they have sent me an email with a confirmation code.
There is no email...

Chesskid1

Banned
looks great.

they need to tweak the UI a bit for the higher resolution but i'm pretty happy.

can't wait to fully dive in when i don't have to worry about character deletion.

don't think i can stop myself from playing the ps3 version for a bit now :<

Z3M0G

After resetting controls to default, I have no more mixed buttons when going to/from remote play on vita.

Is there any way to perform the touchpad click from vita though? Using the mouse cursor is a pain...

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Its nice to be able to play this game with a good framerate, even on my PC I had to walk around towns looking at the ground.

Chesskid1

Banned
finally in game and i can't believe how clear everything looks.

lolz ps3 version.

i think they'll for sure fix the UI size for release. this reminds me of PC gaming when you first get a new monitor with high resolution and you aren't used to everything being so small.

My god the maps suck. So tough to find quests and so on. This is probably due to how small everything is.

Other than that though I'm enjoying it. An absolute ton to learn, but I think I'll eventually get the hang of it.

Only issue I have with these types of games (like DCUO) is not being able to fight the huge bosses as I can never find people to team up with. Hopefully being on GAF solves that.

Well damn, still can't fix what seems to be wrong with my Beta. It doesn,t even give me the choice to create a new square enix account on the menus of the Beta. I can only click on the "I currently possess a square account" and when I do click it, my username is already in and it's suspended because of suspicious activity AND I cannot delete it.

Can,t get a password reset either from it since it seems my e-mail aint compatible with any account. ARG.

Rixa

Remote play fighting, I didnt notice lag, atleast I didnt die (was fighting some bigger mob, class quest).

Heres random picture. Sadly the way those pics are taken is kinda stupid atm.
1. Take a screenshot
2. Distribute it to facebook (remember to share it only with you)
3. Copy the picture
4. Upload picture to net
5. Upload picture from net to here...

Yeah, so pic quality is not so great.

I must admit, it was fun to play with Vita. GF watching telly and Iam using Vita to play FFXIV:ARR beta. I might grab this game at summer. Vita opens so much possibilities to play this (at home, not using RP away from home). If you have Vita, try remote play, you prolly like it.

Just remember to change X & O buttons from settings :p.

Ah one more thing. Is it advisable to use my current service account (first option) or create a new one for this beta?

I would probably choose to use your current account if that is the one you want to play on properly. It seems your account gets tied to your PSN ID so if you create a new account you won't be able to switch to your old one later down the line.

I made the foolish mistake of letting my missus play the beta on my PS3 while I played on PC and now her account is linked to my PSN account so I can not use my account on my PS4 unless I make a new PSN ID apparently.

I am currently updating the game at the min but I did choose to make a SE account in the hope that when I get to the creation screen I can just login with my SE ID and it will then unlink her account with my PSN ID and replace it with my SE ID so I will be able to use my main account. I also sent an email to SE to see if they can unlink it on their end, I have been told they can but it is a lengthy process.

Fehyd

Banned
Seeing peeps who haven't played before enjoying themselves makes me happy. Now people can see what us pc players have been banging on about for months lol.

Game looks stellar, haven't fooled around with m/kb yet tho.

aceface

How do you decide what city to start in? Your character?

It goes by the class you pick.
Conjurer, Archer, Lancer start in Gridania.
Gladiator, Thamaturge, Pugilist start in Ul'dah.
Arcanist and marauder start in Limsa.

Different cities have different background stories and slightly different quests for the first 15 levels or so. For Gridania you'll be running around forests for the first 15 levels, for ul'dah you'll be in a desert, for Limsa you are in a maritime/islands area (think the coasts of England or Scotland).

Xater

This game is pretty good. Have to think about if I get it. Depends what the release schedule will look like in April to June. If it was F2P it would be a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom