• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems to handle a ton of players on screen better then the PC version does. No 60 FPS or anything, but it's actually playable.

I'm noticing this as well. it's kind of odd considering the framerate seems better on PC in towns but outside of towns in a fate with what seemed like 30 people the ps4 was running excellent.

I have just stopped playing after 4 hours for a rest. I am level 7 now and having so much fun! man...am i really going to buy this when it comes out ? Yes i will.

Ok I managed to make the chat box bigger by dragging it out but is there a way to physically move it like you can with all of the other HUD elements? I want to move it over to the right hand side of the screen from the left but can't find a way to drag the whole thing over.

zychi

Banned
is there a stoppage/limit right now? i tried to make a new character but its telling me that the ps4_beta_7 world isnt allowing new characters at this time.

Someone is saying you can resize Text with R3 inside the game as well, same as you can at the Login screen.

I am not home to test that. Can someone try it? Like go over text in the chat window or something and hit R3 to see if it gets bigger.

['quote]is there a stoppage/limit right now? i tried to make a new character but its telling me that the ps4_beta_7 world isnt allowing new characters at this time.[/quote]

Just means the world is full I believe. Try a different world.

And last night when I jumped on there was only 4 beta servers, so they are already having to ramp it up.

Ah so theres no way to have everything under account 1 right? My primary account already had ps3 and pc registered.

Also wheres the GAF FC or LS?

I was able to buy the ps3 version, collectors or whatever, when it was on sale then bought standard pc version when it was on sale. put both on the same account, along with this beta, and all of the extras you get from the collectors version as well as rewards for subscriptions carry over to each version.

Aeana

Someone is saying you can resize Text with R3 inside the game as well, same as you can at the Login screen.

I am not home to test that. Can someone try it? Like go over text in the chat window or something and hit R3 to see if it gets bigger.
You can resize UI elements with that. It doesn't work with the dialog boxes though.

Sophia

Eh, not even close for me (I don't ever go below 30 FPS in Revenant's Toll on my PC), but it's fine. I was just wondering what was up with the people who were complaining about the game being 15 FPS, and I'm going to assume they were in town.

Man, I only wish I got 30 FPS in Revenant's Toll...

is there a stoppage/limit right now? i tried to make a new character but its telling me that the ps4_beta_7 world isnt allowing new characters at this time.

Some worlds are filled up, so try another world.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

If its anything like the previous beta, world's fill up quick. So, you may have to either wait or pick another one.

I just waited the 3 minute to do the server recycle and then server 5 was available so try that if you have a specific server you want to be on

Sophia

There is only one world available

There are seven beta worlds available, as their post indicates. I'm currently on the 5th world myself. If one world is filled up, try another.

Ok I managed to make the chat box bigger by dragging it out but is there a way to physically move it like you can with all of the other HUD elements? I want to move it over to the right hand side of the screen from the left but can't find a way to drag the whole thing over.

Enter Gamepad mode (Hit L1 + R3 at the same time), select the general tab, and drag it manually to the location of your choice. Make sure you're selecting the general tab specifically and not the edge of the tab bar.

You can also use Gamepad mode to adjust the size of the window.

Dante316

I have made all other UI elements bigger except that. I can't seem to make that chat box on the bottom left any bigger, how did u do. It?

Aeana

Man, I only wish I got 30 FPS in Revenant's Toll...

Some worlds are filled up, so try another world.
Worst framerate I ever got was 34 FPS while people were organizing an Ahriman train in RevToll. Usually it's high 40s/low 50s.

But yeah I think the PS4 is fine. And apparently reducing it to 720p makes it even better.

Steroyd

BWAHAHAHA I know it was joked that you have to sit closer to the TV to see the difference in 1080p but this takes the piss.

720p on the PS3 was barely passable for reading text.

Jomjom

Banned
I was able to buy the ps3 version, collectors or whatever, when it was on sale then bought standard pc version when it was on sale. put both on the same account, along with this beta, and all of the extras you get from the collectors version as well as rewards for subscriptions carry over to each version.
Ah so you don't have a "Final Fantasy XIV 1" tab for all your other stuff and a "Final Fantasy XIV 2" tab for just the beta when you log into mogstation?

All under the same account but separate tabs for some reason.

My OCD is killing me not having the beta listed under my long list of different versions of the game registered and all my bonuses.

Sophia

Minus not being able to read the small text, FF14 on the Vita is a pretty effing nice. I love it!

There's not much in the way of input lag either. I could totally see myself doing primals on this. Maybe not Garuda Extreme tho...

Oh niiice. The button configurations are separate for Remote Play. Well done Square!

Worst framerate I ever got was 34 FPS while people were organizing an Ahriman train in RevToll. Usually it's high 40s/low 50s.

But yeah I think the PS4 is fine. And apparently reducing it to 720p makes it even better.

I've dropped it to 720p and I think this game is locked at 30 or never hits 60. I'm on a CRT and I'm getting double imaging during camera rotation. same issue I had with ff13 on ps3. I'm certain it's double imaging too.

Noi

As someone that's only played the PS3 version since launch, I'm absolutely loving this. It's gonna be a reaaaaaal pain to go back to that once the beta is over, 2 more months. @_@

cilonen

Bummer. Turns out I'm not getting on with this at all. It feels a little flat after TERA. I don't think I'm ready for another one of these just yet.

Tagg9

I just completed all the tutorial quests. What should I do now?

Also, is there an easy way to send a friend/party request to nearby players?

I have made all other UI elements bigger except that. I can't seem to make that chat box on the bottom left any bigger, how did u do. It?

I used the touchpad and took it to the top right of the box and kept tapping (not clicking) and holding my finger down until it grabbed hold of it and I could drag it around to resize it. Also works to move the entire chat box as well, just tap and hold on the general chat tab and the hand will close so you can drag it where you like after that.

Another question though, is there a way to make the cross hotbar go away when not in use? So it will only appear when I hit L2 or R2, I can't seem to find an option for that.

Sophia

I just completed all the tutorial quests. What should I do now?

Also, is there an easy way to send a friend/party request to nearby players?

Generally you want to keep doing any quest that has a flame symbol, as that's a story quest. You also want to keep up with any class quests you may have too, as they reward fairly good weapons and sometimes abilities.

When near a player, target them either with the d-pad or by hitting X, and then hit Square to bring a drop down menu.

Ricker

Had to make my guy on beta 4 because 5 wasnt even showing up one hour ago...made a Human Arcanist...man I need a complete manual for all the PS4 controller...not obvious at first,especially for things like stretching the chat window and little stuff like that...I could hooked up a keyboard but I really want to try playing only with the controller...except to chat.

Hellers

I guess people are slacking a bit on my server. I'm a healer waiting in the duty finder for the first dungeon and it just 'aint popping. I think I'll play my PC character for a bit and let people catch up

Primeau31

Coming from a GTX680, only difference I notice immediately with this version vs the PC is the framerate.

I love it. This game is the Final Fantasy we deserve.

Logging off now, hope some of you waiting will be able to get in!

Finally got into a world. I decided to go Conjurer this time, since I had a lot of fun with the class last time. There can never be too many conjurers.

ethomaz

Banned
After deal with the text size and create my char... only the Beta 1, 2 and 7 are available.

WTF 170 in queued for Beta 5.

So what class would you guys recommend to someone who's completely new to MMOs in general? I've never tried one and I really want to give this one a shot.

Sophia

So what class would you guys recommend to someone who's completely new to MMOs in general? I've never tried one and I really want to give this one a shot.

Archer is the go-to beginner class, as everyone new is playing that. Lancer's not too hard for a beginner to pick up either. If you wish to heal, go with Conjurer, and if you wish to be a tank, Gladiator is the easier of the two tanking classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom