• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
I think I finally got in. It was weird how it would say the server was full, 280 people in queue. Then it would update with 32 people in queue. Then it would update again and say 250 people in queue. It was like it wasn't saving a spot, but it must have because I'm finally getting the first cutscene.

Same, I haven't gotten anything in the last 2 hours after trying twice. I have no idea what all the one time password shit is either. I can log into my SE account on their site but not for the game

Nothing in my spam box either

This happened the first time I created account on the ps3, then I did it on my pc online and it went through.

cormack12

Gold Member
Using a smartphone to initiate downloads via PS4, how does that work exactly.

I added it to my cart and then I click "Download to PS4" but looking at the PS4 the yellow light is still active and my modem isn't doing anything.

I remember with War frame it downloaded automatically the next time i booted up the PS4.

You have a couple of options - maybe on the basket. You go into one of them (Download list) I think then click Download to PS4 and it should say switching PS4 on or summat..

Yeah download list, click download then it goes into your download queue.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Seems like half the posts here are about tiny text. Good god, I hope that means SE will finally let us scale the dialog box font, just makes the game relatively unplayable on a TV if you care about what people are saying at all.

Hint: you can scale every other element in the game to like 200% with R3...just not dialog.

Don't think they have given a date yet.

April 4th to 7th.

Seems like half the posts here are about tiny text. Good god, I hope that means SE will finally let us scale the dialog box font, just makes the game relatively unplayable on a TV if you care about what people are saying at all.

Hint: you can scale every other element in the game to like 200% with R3...just not dialog.

You can make the dialogue box font large in one of the settings.

What I can't figure out how to do is how to make the physical dialogue box itself bigger on the PS4. The drag icon is in the top right corner to resize it, but I don't know how to actually do it.

Also, the text boxes that pop for NPC conversation and other menu items still have small font.

Kinda sucks to hear about the small text size. I can play on PC, but I actually play on PS3 most of the time because the text is easy to read. I'm mostly talking about the small automatic NPC text bubbles and the cutscene text which is almost unreadable on my 50 inch. iirc there hasn't been any way to increase it's size unlike the other UI elements. Shame to hear that PS4 version is like that too.

ciddative

Just a small note regarding the "temporary registration" confirmation email procedure.

I played the PC beta last year, made a SE account for it, then cancelled the account.

If you cancel your account for any reason, you CANNOT make a new one using the same email. They just won't send a confirmation email at all.

I created a new SE account with another email address, confirmation email with activation URL came through straight away.

Game is fun, THM for life!

Got my confirmation code, asked to change my password, said my birth date isn't valid which it is, it's the exact same as the one I registered with. This game is such a hassle for me

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm getting error 20019 every time the in-game updater hits 26%.

I tried it about 5 times, and it happened every time.

Is there a solution for this?

Yaoibot

The performance is decent. Almost what I get on my PC. So close that only the framerate in certain instances gives it away. Definitely a better port than DCUO. They even managed to squeeze AA into the game (FXAA, I think). I may actually play this on the PS4 instead of PC when it launches. The remote-play, voice options and controller are all nice perks to have and I won't feel like I'm playing the 'gimped' version.

Good job SE.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
You can make the dialogue box font large in one of the settings.
You're thinking of the chat feed box. The NPC dialog is unscalable.

You have a couple of options - maybe on the basket. You go into one of them (Download list) I think then click Download to PS4 and it should say switching PS4 on or summat..

Yeah download list, click download then it goes into your download queue.

Okay it looks like I had to manually connect to ps4, turn it on to initiate download then put it back in standby.

gryvan

Wow, this is really overwhelming.

I feel like I need to spend a couple hours watching tutorials on YouTube.

Don't worry the tutorials via story quests are very self explanatory ingame so no need to look it up too much. Just enjoy it at your own pace and leisure.

Don't worry the tutorials via story quests are very self explanatory ingame so no need to look it up too much. Just enjoy it at your own pace and leisure.
More so all the macro things. I'm just not used to them (my only other MMO has been PSO, which was really bare-bones in comparison).

Can't wait to dig deeper!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well so far I'm enjoying the crispness of the game, going back to PS3 version will be hard =/

Only 2 month wait >_<

My HUD Layout:
eZU2MJ0.jpg

How it looks:
jbLPTTi.jpg

Good fun for a few hours:
w4YjMSN.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So many Carbuncles running around in La Noscea, it's hilarious

Also you can change your font size, I have it to 14, the wording looks better
You can see my chat box wording is readable

Drame

Some beta impressions:

Coming from the PS3 version the performance differences are simply said: huge. Framerate is solid most of the time, graphics are nice and clean and the game animates smoothly. There are still some targeting problems and the touch pad's cursor is laggy and it's rather hard to click things with it. Also, it's annoying how you can accidentically activate the touch pad's cursor by just touching it slightly. Sometimes I hadn't even realized I had the cursor up and because of that I lost my target, bleh.

The UI size is fine after scaling it up a little, but almost unreadable with the Vita. Hopefully there will be a fix for the UI elements. The remote play itself works like wonders and while I might not use it for raids and such. It's a great tool for questing, gathering some materials and leveling up crafting professions.

Anyways, the game's great!

Hit me up!

World 5

Character name: Tonnin Seteli

PSN: Halba

RK9039

no, not even close. It's 30fps and dips a tiny bit when it gets busy for me so far. Others are apparently experiencing worse drops, or I'm just not as sensitive to it.

Oh, nvm. As long as it looks good because this is one of the best looking MMORPGs out there.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The PS4 version is great. Been playing it for a few hours this morning and the experience so far has been super smooth.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to get waypoints for a particular quest? I'm having a really hard time finding my objectives.

Edit : Figured it out!

bunbun777

So I just started and my dumb ass cannot figure out how to invert the y-axis, even though it said at the start to follow instructions and adjust position of camera I somehow missed it. Halp!

(What is really sad is I've already played this on ps3 so I don't know what my problem is)

Hm. My gear sets didn't save upon relogging in. Anyone else?

yep. I do too. it's a decent port but could be a lot better. I can't deal with the double imaging from the frame rate so I'll go back to PC. can't really complain too much though since I get the ps4 version free. I will definately use it when the pc is unavailable.

I'd say people coming from the ps3 version are in for a treat though.
Oh yeah, definitely. Gonna post it on the beta forums since they probably don't read GAF

Sophia

So I just started and my dumb ass cannot figure out how to invert the y-axis, even though it said at the start to follow instructions and adjust position of camera I somehow missed it. Halp!

(What is really sad is I've already played this on ps3 so I don't know what my problem is)

Character Configuration. It's in the Controls setting and General tab. You should see it immediately upon opening.

Hm. My gear sets didn't save upon relogging in. Anyone else?

Did you log out incorrectly? (I.E. shut the PS4 off or closed the application while playing instead of going to Log Out/Exit Game in the menu.)

Corum

Great fun so far, lv. 9 Gladiator on Server 4 (Corum Hawkmoon).

The single issue so far is trying to target a creature in a crowd of players/mobs i.e. FATES.

Gaz_RB

Framerate does go above 30 a lot of the time actually. 60 in some instances.

Also goes way below 30 sometimes.
Great fun so far, lv. 9 Gladiator on Server 4 (Corum Hawkmoon).

The single issue so far is trying to target a creature in a crowd of players/mobs i.e. FATES.

Targeting is definitely tricky. I spent a good half an hour focusing on nothing but figuring out the most efficient ways to target both allies and enemies. I would go into settings and mess with your targeting filters. Worth it in the long run to get really good at targeting.

todd360

I'm so salty right now. All you guys have fun with the beta and I'm just sitting here with error 20019. I wish Square Enix would say something about the error.

Corum

Targeting is definitely tricky. I spent a good half an hour focusing on nothing but figuring out the most efficient ways to target both allies and enemies. I would go into settings and mess with your targeting filters. Worth it in the long run to get really good at targeting.

Thanks for the tip, I haven't explored the configuration options because all of the different settings felt overwhelming to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom