• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played up to lvl 12 Marauder, and did some remote play mining as well (which is awesome).
Pretty solid port. However, I think Squeenix should allow some customization of the graphics options for PS4, like Shadows on Self/NPCs/everyone (like in the PC version) so that later FATEs don't become slideshows. It was already chugging in cities with the large amount of players currently on - I can't imagine it'd fare well in a FATE like the lvl 50 (I think?) dragon one, or Behemoth, or Odin.

ViciousDS

Banned
Glad to see the ps4 recognizes the deathadder as a damn keyboard.....FUCK!!!! I get it once in a while to recognize it as a mouse but then as soon as I click my name for profile it pops up external keyboard connected it will not take my deathadder 2013 edition at all

NesFe

Ok, this is my first MMO ever. I'm only trying this because I hear I can complete the story alone ?

Anyways, I was wondering what is the best class to start with as a noob who wants to solo the game ? I'm stil Level 7 Gladiator so I can start over without too much hassle. Also, Is there an easy way to lock on enemies in Fate events. I can't seen to be able to do it with the D-pad, so I must be missing something.

Using a smartphone to initiate downloads via PS4, how does that work exactly.

I added it to my cart and then I click "Download to PS4" but looking at the PS4 the yellow light is still active and my modem isn't doing anything.

I remember with War frame it downloaded automatically the next time i booted up the PS4.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Ok, this is my first MMO ever. I'm only trying this because I hear I can complete the story alone ?

Anyways, I was wondering what is the best class to start with as a noob who wants to solo the game ? I'm stil Level 7 Gladiator so I can start over without too much hassle. Also, Is there an easy way to lock on enemies in Fate events. I can't seen to be able to do it with the D-pad, so I must be missing something.
It isn't possible to progress alone but the dungeons are handles with a cross-server matchmaking system which I found worked fine for all but the toughest dungeons. Some players have had awful experiences with randoms but I've only had one bad dungeon run. Generally a friendly population.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm in... waited some time and did login again.

Another complain.... S-E needs to fix that to the retail version... if I pay to play I will never wait that much.

NesFe

It isn't possible to progress alone but the dungeons are handles with a cross-server matchmaking system which I found worked fine for all but the toughest dungeons. Some players have had awful experiences with randoms but I've only had one bad dungeon run. Generally a friendly population.

Oh, ok. Thats cool. I don't mind that. I meant i don't have to recruit people and go do quests/dungeons with them.

Revolutionary said:
I think Squeenix should allow some customization of the graphics options for PS4, like Shadows on Self/NPCs/everyone (like in the PC version) so that later FATEs don't become slideshows. It was already chugging in cities with the large amount of players currently on - I can't imagine it'd fare well in a FATE like the lvl 50 (I think?) dragon one, or Behemoth, or Odin.

yep. I do too. it's a decent port but could be a lot better. I can't deal with the double imaging from the frame rate so I'll go back to PC. can't really complain too much though since I get the ps4 version free. I will definately use it when the pc is unavailable.

I'd say people coming from the ps3 version are in for a treat though.

Dante316

I used the touchpad and took it to the top right of the box and kept tapping (not clicking) and holding my finger down until it grabbed hold of it and I could drag it around to resize it. Also works to move the entire chat box as well, just tap and hold on the general chat tab and the hand will close so you can drag it where you like after that.

Another question though, is there a way to make the cross hotbar go away when not in use? So it will only appear when I hit L2 or R2, I can't seem to find an option for that.

Character configuration, hot bar settings, at cross settings,

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I never got the code after making the SE account, is this normal?

ZeroAKA

I'm having a lot of difficulty playing this with just a PS4 controller. I wish I had a PS4-compatible keyboard with me right now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Should have made my character last night :/ Now stuck with the message new characters cant be created on this world at this time for everyone lol.

Now the waiting game.

Sophia

shame that the FPS only seem to be around 20FPS
Hope they can optimize... or I expect raids will be at sub 10 fps

Raids will not be at sub 10 FPS. The framerate is fine outside of town areas. :S

How do I change the camera to inverted with the controller?

Graphics look great on my end.

Start/Options > Character Configuration > Control Settings > General tab.

Ashtar

How do I transfer my PS3 characters into the Beta? Is it not possible??

Don't transfer yet, all these characters are going to be reset!
Wait until phase 2 to transfer.
They need to do something about the frame rate, the dipping to below 30 is not wavy in the least.
Still not sure how to use combat exactly is there a way to target an enemy without using the d-pad? people keep stealing my kills as I cycle through enemies

I can't read shit. Why is the text so small.

I'm using a 55 inch @ 1080p and this was the first thing that immediately lept out at me as well.

I.cant.read.shit. (Especially during remote play)

I'm hoping it because its a beta, but still. They HAVE to imagine not everyone was planning on playing this on a monitor sitting on a desk.

Also, touchpad implementation sucks ass right now

nubbe

I can't read shit. Why is the text so small.

I'm using a 55 inch @ 1080p and this was the first thing that immediately lept out at me as well.

I'm hoping it because its a beta, but still. They HAVE to imagine not everyone was planning on playing this on a monitor sitting on a desk.

everyone need to complain like a little bitch on their forum about it, I am :p

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/1097-PS4™-Beta-Test-User-Interface

Dante316

Agreed, trying to grab that chat box for the last 15 min, can't do it, I give up

Subxero

It looks comparable to the PC, way better then Ps3. I only played a hour or two and had to qive up at 5am. As long as I'm able play my launch characters eventually I'll probably resub for 3-6 months since I would probably play more on PS4 than PC anyway.

I'm so glad the hud isn't huge. It really takes away from a game to have the screen full of crap except a small area in the center.

Jeels

Uhh. I cant create a character? All the worlds are full. What do I do.

Edit: Just had to keep editing from scratch and a world opened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom