• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

For the people having issues with the text size in the character options section there is an option that allows you to adjust the font size up to 20 point font.

ibjxTuKm5j4TF8.png

RedAssedApe

Banned
For the people having issues with the text size one thing I noticed is that in the PS4 beta there is a few options missing under the character options. Here is a screen shot from the PC version which shows that there is a section that allows you to adjust the font size up to 20 point font.

Between the small start up and text I'm thinking that as of right now some of the options and fixes are being left out as this is just the first phase of beta.

You can increase log window font size on ps4. It's the npc dialogue

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So, downloaded and tried this.

Well, the interface is bullshit. It's a PC interface designed for mouse and keyboard and for sitting at 3 feet from the screen.

The text is impossibly small, I cant even resize the bottom left corner chat window and it's convoluted as hell.

I honestly was interested on this, but can't get past this, it makes the game unusable.

Bebpo

Banned
Arghhhh wtffff

I spend an hour making an account and a character and then I get to the end where I have to pick a server and it tells me all of them are full except 2 & 5 and then when I try 2 or 5 it says "server is not allowing any new characters to be made at this point"

So basically every server is completely full already. What do I do now? If I turn the game off do I have to do all this stuff again just for another try to get into a server?

nm, refreshed and server 7 became available.

My main quest line is broken. I am at the quest "In the Grim Darkness of the Forest" and I am supposed to talk to Roseline next. She doesn't have a quest marker. Basically this character is done now. lol

Same. People got passed it though, because I see people doing Tam-Tara etc.

Noi

So, downloaded and tried this.

Well, the interface is bullshit. It's a PC interface designed for mouse and keyboard and for sitting at 3 feet from the screen.

The text is impossibly small, I cant even resize the bottom left corner chat window and it's convoluted as hell.

I honestly was interested on this, but can't get past this, it makes the game unusable.

To re-size the chat window: Click and drag the top right corner of the window with the virtual mouse (L1+R3).

To re-size the text size on chat: Hit the gear icon on the chat and go to font size.

AdamMPSP

Had a lot of fun making a character, but now I'm stuck not able to get into the world. Beta7 server. Too bad. Will try again later, I guess.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Here's a few screens of my Lancer, Fiarra:

The game has a painfully slow start, and I'm enjoying it, but I don't know if I'll be able to do much with it. I just don't have the time for an MMO. My wife may give it a try at some point, since she has more free time than I do.

Ricker

It's funny how no one barely chats on the PS4...I reached level 5 and had to stop because as an Arcanist,I got the extra Pet hotbar and they decided by default to put it right in the middle of the screen...I just couldn't figure out how to move it with the touchpad...

Aeana

It's funny how no one barely chats on the PS4...I reached level 5 and had to stop because as an Arcanist,I got the extra Pet hotbar and they decided by default to put it right in the middle of the screen...I just couldn't figure out how to move it with the touchpad...
You can hide that one in the options. Then tap R1 to switch between the regular bar and the pet bar.

Cmagus

Probably because most people are just trying it out and don't have an extra keyboard. Chat with the controller is not easy so most probably aren't bothering or haven't figured it out.

Aeana

Is there a way to increase the whole UI and not just the chat window? This is awful on a big TV.
There isn't a global scaler, but you can resize every element by pressing R3 when it's active. For the elements that you can't activate, you can do the same thing with their outlines in the HUD Layout menu.

jwk94

For the people having issues with the text size in the character options section there is an option that allows you to adjust the font size up to 20 point font.

I'm confused, this only increases the text in the chat window. Is there a way to increase the size of all text in the game?

Jagxyz

How do I get my second job thing at level 10? I'm at level 13 and have been following the main questline and so far, no mention of it.

Grandina or whatever is where I started.

molnizzle

I'm confused, this only increases the text in the chat window. Is there a way to increase the size of all text in the game?

No. It's useless because quest text is still unbearably small.

I'm honestly shocked that S-E thought this was passable. The game is fucking unplayable in its current state due to the UI.

Finally got used to using the touchscreen to select people and heal them. Feels weird at first, but it takes getting used to. I only find it problematic when there's a ton of people on the screen and I only need to heal one person in trouble. It takes precise movement for that.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the PS4 version.

Cmagus

As far as i know right now it's only the HUD stuff you can increase. Best thing to do during beta is pot on the forums respectfully (any thread that gets out of hand they usually avoid) and let them know.

Sophia

No. It's useless because quest text is still unbearably small.

I'm honestly shocked that S-E thought this was passable. The game is fucking unplayable in its current state due to the UI.

Maybe because it's a beta and the UI is essentially a carbon copy of the UI that's available on the PC version? And it certainly is not unplayable, seeing as I was having no problems playing it on my bed over ten feet away or playing it on the Vita. :p

Some of you people are really jumping the gun with your insults and your exaggerations. :\

Aeana

I agree that the text is way too small, but unplayable...?
Well, it certainly depends on your TV and how far you're sitting away from it.

Maybe because it's a beta and the UI is essentially a carbon copy of the UI that's available on the PC version? And it certainly is not unplayable, seeing as I was having no problems playing it on my bed over ten feet away or playing it on the Vita. :p

Some of you people are really jumping the gun with your insults and attempted quips...
I actually don't think this is something that SE intended to address, so making noise about is a good idea. Just on the official forums / e-mails to them, rather than here. I'd certainly love a global UI scaler option.

Mrbob

There isn't a global scaler, but you can resize every element by pressing R3 when it's active. For the elements that you can't activate, you can do the same thing with their outlines in the HUD Layout menu.

Thanks. Is there a fix for quest text? Whenever someone is talking the text bubbles are so small I can barely read the writing. If the final version is this way I'm skipping the game.

Sophia

I actually don't think this is something that SE intended to address, so making noise about is a good idea. Just on the official forums / e-mails to them, rather than here. I'd certainly love a global UI scaler option.

I recall Yoshida mentioned adjusting UI elements for Remote Play for this reason, and betas exist precisely for people to make noise about it. If people bring it to their attention (politely]), something will be done. :p

I really should start bookmarking these interviews. Oi.

molnizzle

Thanks. Is there a fix for quest text? Whenever someone is talking the text bubbles are so small I can barely read the writing. If the final version is this way I'm skipping the game.

You can change your chat log to also show quest text in the main tab. That's about it.

My TV is 47 inches and because my room is small I play at about 4 feet from the screen. The text is small but it hasn't effected me personally. I do agree though that they should increase it (or add the option to) for the full game.

Dr. Kaos

Banned
This game is no good on a 720p hdtv (yes, they still exist :p). Really requires a 1080p TV because of the complex map and all the text.

Jeels

I want to play this but knowing my character will go bye bye sucks and I really don't want to go through those boring early game quests again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom