• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
soo, you can't switch worlds right? How am I supposed to play with my friends if they keep getting the "cannot create new character" message for the world i'm in? :(

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there a way to access the tutorials that pop up with the question mark in the middle of the screen without using the touchpad?

My main quest line is broken. I am at the quest "In the Grim Darkness of the Forest" and I am supposed to talk to Roseline next. She doesn't have a quest marker. Basically this character is done now. lol

It still didn't pop for me. Maybe, they'll fix it later.

Been trying to login but it keeps saying invalid password and or id. I'm leaving the one time password blank but it doesn't help. Anybody know what's up or what I'm doing wrong?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Been trying to login but it keeps saying invalid password and or id. I'm leaving the one time password blank but it doesn't help. Anybody know what's up or what I'm doing wrong?

Same issue here.

RedAssedApe

Banned
soo, you can't switch worlds right? How am I supposed to play with my friends if they keep getting the "cannot create new character" message for the world i'm in? :(

you can create a new character :\

had to do this because i picked a starting class that didnt start off in the same city as my friend lol

bunbun777

Well let me just say Gridania for me is way less confusing to navigate than Ul'dah ever was. (sorry if spelling is off) I also love the trees and water way more than desert climate. Got to level 11 pretty smoothly, everything is much nicer than what I remember on ps3 though to be fair I have been in a different location. Also enjoy the side characters for the main quests a lot more. Kind of sad that this character will get wiped though. I can definitely see myself playing this for at least a month or two, will probably start in the third city I haven't seen yet when phase 2 starts. Wonder why there will be a month gap between the two phases?

AmyS

I logged back in after a few hours, started in Ul'dah again, but this time there are players all over the place so the framerate isn't as smooth here as before when I was by myself, seems around more like 30+ again.

Angelcurio

What a mess to being able to actually log in. The game kept telling me that my SE ID or password was incorrect, tried to make a new one and then it said that my name was already taken. Had to go into the SE page and see that my ID was actually usable, had to reset my password twice and it finally worked.

Still can't access my account info on the SE site because it is requiring me to put my day of birth info, for which i probably used a random one since I never put my real info in online services.

Will try to contact Customer Service to see if the DoB issue can be sorted out, because my ID is linked to my PSN account and I don't want to lose it.

If I decide to pay for a sub, do I need to do it through SE or can I pay for it through PSN?

SMK

Anyone know how to edit the hot bar? Like, adding attacks, potions, etc?

For almost everything that has an icon, you can press square and there should be an option called "set to hotbar". You can do this from your inventory and your action list.

I made a super manly cat guy.
BhHsblOIcAA5Hob.jpg:orig

BhHsLk5CMAAEXuA.jpg:orig

Flarin

The learning curve for the controls is quite steep. Took me about the first hour of playing to really get a good grasp on how to look into all the menus and customize things. Once I got it down though it plays like a dream, a lot better than I thought it would.

I played the Archer on the PC beta and hated it. Tried out Pugilist here and it's so much more fun. I'd go so far as to say that this beta has sold me on the full game. Definitively plan on getting it this April.

They did a good job making the console controls serviceable, but I'm surprised that many people in this thread play the PC version with a controller. I guess it makes sense if you're playing while sitting back on a couch though.

Grimsen

Been playing on and off today, right now lvl 11.

The first hour or so was insufferable. But I've been enjoying myself quite a bit since I've stopped reading the quest text. Typical MMO on that end.

One thing I haven't been able to customize is my map size with a controller. I can get my cursor over the corner, but cant find the button to enlarge the window. :/

Still undecided wether I'll buy the game, but if it improves, which is likely, I'll bite.

nubbe

They did a good job making the console controls serviceable, but I'm surprised that many people in this thread play the PC version with a controller. I guess it makes sense if you're playing while sitting back on a couch though.

the gamepad controls are really good, would hope other MMOs copy it
I rather have it be convenient than 1337

Cmagus

Questing in this game is really a drag after years of using that giant GPS arrow mod in WoW. Am I honestly supposed to actually read all the quest text and run around with my map open? Because... fuck. :-(

If you select the quest in your journal you can select the map button it will show you exactly where the quest is. Once you know the area it is in you should have no problem finding it on the map.

Kemal86

Had my PC version running on one input and PS4 on another, with characters standing in the same spot in Gridania, flipping back and forth. Looks pretty fucking close to me.

Frame rate on PS4 is kind of trash at times thoug :(

bob page

It took a few hours to get used to the controls and learning curve but I'm really liking it so far. This is the first MMO in years that I'm remotely enjoying and really wasn't expecting it to be this good.

Rising_Hei

I think SE has said that they are still working on the framerate...

Still, you only want 45-60 fps on instance to be honest... that's where it matters

AmyS

Didn't SE say that A Realm Reborn uses a new graphics rendering engine than the old FFXIV Online ?

Also (and probably a separate matter from SE's graphic engines) from what I've read in other threads the PC version of ARR does not yet have a DX11 / D3D11 patch (tho I'm uncertain about that) and if true, I wonder what that means, if anything, for the PS4 version.

For someone like me who's still learning about FFXIV in general, it's pretty interesting to see what old FFXIV was like in terms of graphics.

Some videos of the 2010 FFXIV Online on PC

CG (i think?) Trailer: http://youtu.be/mXDMDvYu0Fc
TGS 2010 Trailer: http://youtu.be/EUxhRoWI-oI
PC benchmark capped @ 60 FPS: http://youtu.be/JwvU3vmS7r8
gameplay with commentary: http://youtu.be/y4_Q6bYt450

aceface

Gonna be awesome when the full PS4 version launches and we get this influx of new people. I love helping folks through stuff, helps to keep things entertaining.

Re: DX11 support, they say they are adding it eventually, but not for awhile. Like end of this year early next year.

todd360

I was getting the same code. I tried several things, and finally found one that worked:

1- Delete the FFXIV game
2- Delete the save game
3- Turn off your PS4 and load it into safe mode (hold down the power button for 8 seconds)
4- Rebuild the database
5- Re-download FFXIV

That finally got the updater to not give me an error at 24% download.

I did that for my third attempt at getting the game to run. It didn't work. My current plan is keep current download and hope for a real fix before the beta is over. Its looking like i'm not gonna be able to play sadly.

Once you get past lvl 5 it seems to open up a lot. Less crappy quests with low xp to better quests that level you up much quicker.

Just discovered the goblet area to buy houses with a guild. I think I'm going to love this game.

Nibiru

Banned
Once you get past lvl 5 it seems to open up a lot. Less crappy quests with low xp to better quests that level you up much quicker.

Just discovered the goblet area to buy houses with a guild. I think I'm going to love this game.

It does get much better. The beginning of the game is just horrendous I honestly don't know what they were thinking. I played the pc game for a month and I did think it was a good mmo that at least feel different from all the wow clones. If you got the time for an mmo it is a worthy choice no doubt.

AdamMPSP

Okay, help, how do I make the NPC chat bigger? I see I can increase the other UI, but how do I increase that font size? GAH. I'm too old to see this tiny text.

AmyS

So I made it outside to Central Thanalan, got into my first few battles. With a fair number of people in various battles the framerate held at 30.

I pressed the PS Home button, went to Music Unlimited, turned on some tunes from my library and resumed playing. I love the game's music too. Joined a guild, talked to as many NPCs as I could.

Still just messing around but I think I'm just at the very beginning of starting to get the hang of this.

I'm loving the beta so far. I've really barely touched the main storyline quest. I've stuck to the class quests and side missions I find along the way. Close to having a Level 12 Archer.

Sophia

In the bottom-right corner, what are those green and blue dots and what do they mean?

The dots stacked vertically represent your equipment and their spirit-bound rate (?), and the dots stacked 5x5 in squares represent your inventory. Each square represents a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom