• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmlk

I just wanted to say that Ul'dah is the most inviting and euphoric starting point in any game I've ever played. That night music, man...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If anyone's on server 4, send me a friend list. Since it goes by character name, apparently, my name is Lonetia jeminon

I'm liking what I am playing so far. The environment is nice and detailed, the open areas are just insane right now. People everywhere fighting. It is fun to watch. Love that you can turn off the HUD ( L1 + click in touch pad ) and still fight as long as you memorize your attack command hotkeys.

Great stuff so far. The opening quests are what you would expect, basically designed to introduce you to the various areas of the town and the immediate surroundings.

My character ... I think ... is on Beta Server 3.

But, so far so good! Can't wait to dig deep into this one during BETA and see if I will want to purchase some months.

Korezo

I finally fixed error 20019 or did SE fix it? Anyway I rebuild the ps4 data base and then deleted everything that had to do with FFXIV out of my ps4, then went and downloaded again or it can all just be luck.

Grinchy

Banned
I sit 6 feet away from a 46'' 1080p TV and I love the text size. Everything is so sharp and readable for me.

I also think I've found a pretty good HUD layout. I just wish I could move the chat box.

DJIzana

I just wanted to say that Ul'dah is the most inviting and euphoric starting point in any game I've ever played. That night music, man...

Glad I chose playing as a human as that's my favorite main city as well.

My favorite zones in the game would have to be Quarrymill, Camp Tranquil, Costa del Sol and Wineport.

DanielJr82

Just did my 3rd install. The rebuid database method didn't work. The first time installed died yet again at 26%. I'm done trying. I can't believe they haven't even acknowledged this error code.

Do you mean third download? You don't have to cancel the download to retry, go to the downloads menu under notifications and and click on "retry" under the FFXIV Beta download, it will continue where it left off.

-Edit-
Nevermind, just figured out you're talking about the launcher updater.

wmlk

Glad I chose playing as a human as that's my favorite main city as well.

My favorite zones in the game would have to be Quarrymill, Camp Tranquil, Costa del Sol and Wineport.

Had me genuinely smiling when playing, and not off of hype since I went into the beta with no expectations. Arni Village comes close.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nighttime over Thanalan is the Ul'dah night music. It's from the original FFXIV OST. Which is Godlike. I wish they would bring back the battle themes. =(

I sit 6 feet away from a 46'' 1080p TV and I love the text size. Everything is so sharp and readable for me.

I also think I've found a pretty good HUD layout. I just wish I could move the chat box.

You can move the chat box. You need to use the touchpad in cursor mode and grab the top right corner of the box to adjust its dimensions and if you grab the tab that says general you can adjust the position of the whole box. It's a bit fiddly but it can be done as I move mine right into the bottom left corner and made it wider as you can see here.

DLoiXu9.jpg

Edit: not sure why on the pic my stuff isn't right in the corners of the screen because on my TV it is but in the picture it isn't, maybe my TV has some kind of overscan setting on or something. When playing on the TV all my stuff like the map, inventory grid, party list and chat box are right into the corners but on the pic there is a big gap.

Sorry for crap quality shooting off screen but you can see on my TV the inventory grid and HP/MP bar are right on the bottom and in the corner, yet without moving anything when I took the screenshot from the game it makes them not flush to the bottom or corner anymore, strange that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love how customizable the HUD is. Halo fans have been asking for that for ages.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm trying an archer this time, but as my second time playing the first levels its getting really rote. Are there any things I can do with archers at the beginning to make stuff more interesting? I know about jobs but I guess I have to plow through all the <Lv10 fetchquests? Is it really a straight line till about after then?

todd360

Do you mean third download? You don't have to cancel the download to retry, go to the downloads menu under notifications and and click on "retry" under the FFXIV Beta download, it will continue where it left off.

-Edit-
Nevermind, just figured out you're talking about the launcher updater.

I don't know what's wrong with it man. The only thing different about my ps4 is that I put a 750gb hard drive in it. It's the same brand as the stock 500gb drive.

Whogie

I'm a little disappointed how framey this is. A ton better than the PS3, but it still stands out a lot.

And I can't get the touchpad tap-click to work with any consistency at all. Seems to work less than half the time.

Did I miss something? I thought if be able to copy my character over into this beta?

Edit: looks like a phase 3 thing.

SMK

I'm a little disappointed how framey this is. A ton better than the PS3, but it still stands out a lot.

And I can't get the trackpad tap-click to work with any consistency at all. Seems to work less than half the time.

it's a double tap

Grinchy

Banned
I'm trying an archer this time, but as my second time playing the first levels its getting really rote. Are there any things I can do with archers at the beginning to make stuff more interesting? I know about jobs but I guess I have to plow through all the <Lv10 fetchquests? Is it really a straight line till about after then?

Yeah this is my 3rd time getting up to level 15 throughout the various betas and It's definitely just a mindless grind now. It's a real shame our progress won't be saved because re-doing all this early shit for a 4th time is definitely not something that is going to make me run out and buy a PS4 copy right when it launches.

nubbe

My TV is the same size and I sit also 6 feet away from it.... but the text size really hurts my eyes and so uncomfortable :\

I can't read the text without sitting so close to my tv

Dont forget to bitch feedback about the UI
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/1097-PS4™-Beta-Test-User-Interface

Synless

I don't get the touchpad, I move it to what I want to click on, I click it, and it doesn't click anything. What am I missing?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Asking again: I made the Squeenix account today, but the PS4 Beta wont let me log in. Do I need to activate the Beta somewhere first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom