• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
do you double tap and not press?

It clearly says press though for some reason. I had the same issue.

What you should do is press on the left or right side and not in the middle. I wonder why that did it for me. I was hammering on the button and getting nowhere.

After playing a while on PS4 and tweaking around on PC I still say the shimmering on PS4 is far worse than PC. I'm guessing it is lack of AF or something on PS4?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Yeah this is my 3rd time getting up to level 15 throughout the various betas and It's definitely just a mindless grind now. It's a real shame our progress won't be saved because re-doing all this early shit for a 4th time is definitely not something that is going to make me run out and buy a PS4 copy right when it launches.
So this new character I created doesn't stay on my account after the beta?

Milly79

Is there a controller guide anywhere to make stuff a little easier? I set up the target filtering and while it works a lot better, it was quite cumbersome to switch from doing dmg to off-healing other players.

Also, is there anything I should know about pets? I read somewhere they can cause some problems in dungeons if you don't manually control them.

Right now it's total chaos after playing mmos with a kb/m, but it's pretty damn satisfying.

Maligna

Banned
This is bullshit. Every time I try to sign in it says my password is wrong. I've changed it 3 times now trying to fix this. I am 100% sure I'm inputting the same password on the website and the PS4. Anyone else have this problem?

Fusebox

Banned
Just jumped in, holy shit this game is going to make me blind the text is soooo tiny on my 50" telly. Did anyone at SE play this beta before letting it out?? And yeah I know I can manually rescale most of it but shit I shouldn't have to it and it still doesn't fix the tiny subtitles.

My eyes are bleeding...

Synless

This is bullshit. Every time I try to sign in it says my password is wrong. I've changed it 3 times now trying to fix this. I am 100% sure I'm inputting the same password on the website and the PS4. Anyone else have this problem?
My buddy had this problem in the PS3 beta. He never got it resolved until the actual game came out and it just worked when he tried.

Gaz_RB

You're not putting anything thing in the "One time Password" slot?

D23

played the beta for a few hours and that was it for me..

ill be getting this game for sure but no way i want to repeat the fetch quest... saving it for retail!!

Requiem

After deleting the game and redownloading it 4 times, I finally got past the first time set up (was getting a 20019 error)...fucking FINALLY I can play this game and it only took the entire day to get it working

SMK

I don't get the touchpad, I move it to what I want to click on, I click it, and it doesn't click anything. What am I missing?

Clicking on the edges of the touchpad is for toggling between the different ui elements like the chat box, duty list, and any open menu on screen. It's the select button from the PS3 version. Double tapping the touchpad is sort of like a mouse click for the cursor.

aceface

Is there a controller guide anywhere to make stuff a little easier? I set up the target filtering and while it works a lot better, it was quite cumbersome to switch from doing dmg to off-healing other players.

Also, is there anything I should know about pets? I read somewhere they can cause some problems in dungeons if you don't manually control them.

Right now it's total chaos after playing mmos with a kb/m, but it's pretty damn satisfying.

To target enemies, while holding down L2 or R2 (to activate your hotbar) press r1 or l1. This will cycle you through enemies like tab targeting. To target your party for healing press up and down on the dpad to cycle through your party members.

For early dungeons pets are easy. Just put sic on your hotbar and use it on the enemy you want the pet to attack.

I never played this before and I love Final Fantasy so I grabbed the beta for PS4. This is the fist MMO I've played since Asherons Call 2 on PC way back when. Maybe it was the long day of outdoor paintball I played today and having welts all over the place, but when I got home I was tired but I kicked my feet up all excited to play but about 20 minutes in I felt overwhelmed and had to turn it off. I will try again tomorrow after work but I really want to get into this.

I never played this before and I love Final Fantasy so I grabbed the beta for PS4. This is the fist MMO I've played since Asherons Call 2 on PC way back when. Maybe it was the long day of outdoor paintball I played today and having welts all over the place, but when I got home I was tired but I kicked my feet up all excited to play but about 20 minutes in I felt overwhelmed and had to turn it off. I will try again tomorrow after work but I really want to get into this.

I felt the same way, I went back to it today and everything clicked after a few hours

todd360

After deleting the game and redownloading it 4 times, I finally got past the first time set up (was getting a 20019 error)...fucking FINALLY I can play this game and it only took the entire day to get it working

At this point I just want to know what the problem is. I don't understand how downloading it 4 times could cause it to suddenly work. Wtf is up with error 20019?

Why is square not saying anything about it?

Jomjom

Banned
Still didn't get a definitive answer to this. Did anyone else get a 2nd service account created when they registered for the PS4 beta because they already had the windows and ps3 version registered on their main service account?

It's annoying that it keeps asking me to pick between the two when I log in.

Cloudy

Banned

Try to login here:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login

If you don't know the userID, use your email address. You can see the userID the game wants after you log in. Also, you don't need the one-time password unless you set it up...

_Isaac

So I started the game finally, and it's really a lot of information to digest. I imagine it's going to take a while to get used to, but I'll keep at it for a bit. This is my first MMO besides Maple Story, so it all feels so new to me right now.

Mr. RHC

So I started the game finally, and it's really a lot of information to digest. I imagine it's going to take a while to get used to, but I'll keep at it for a bit. This is my first MMO besides Maple Story, so it all feels so new to me right now.

You will get comfortable with it rather quickly, tutorials are very beginners friendly!

Oh and everyone,

make sure to play at least with a keyboard, everything else will be a huge pain.

SkyOdin

how do i summon or join my friends town, we are in the same server

Once you get to level 15, you can travel freely between the starting cities. If you are just starting playing, your only bet is to start with classes with the same starting city.

For Ul'dah: Gladiator, Pugilist, and Thaumaturge.
For Gridania: Lancer, Archer, and Conjurer.
For Limsa Lominsa: Marauder and Arcanist.

Now, the first 15 levels fly by pretty fast, so if you two are set on your classes, it shouldn't be a big deal. However, you can also start with classes from the same city and change classes later to the ones you want to use long term.

One of the most infuriating things for me is after all this time, Square Enix still has not put in a save password toggle. I can understand on a PC, but on a console it is crazy that it is not in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom