• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigorath

Banned
The beginning is definitely a bit slow. So many quests just involved delivering messages to people. Standard MMO stuff I guess. Going to be a pain having to redo everything during the second phase.

cilonen

As a disciple of magic (tried thaumaturge last night and arcanist this morning) I keep getting gear quest rewards I need to repair. I can't do this myself - it tells me I need a weaver - the local independant repair NPC can't do this and when I was in the sand city, the Weaver's guild couldn't do it either.

Am I missing something or are these pointless?

Fehyd

Banned
As a disciple of magic (tried thaumaturge last night and arcanist this morning) I keep getting gear quest rewards I need to repair. I can't do this myself - it tells me I need a weaver - the local Independant repair NPD can't do this and when I was in the sand city, the Weaver's guild couldn't do it either.

Sounds like a bug? Gear menders should be able to repair gear for gil.

Krakle

So the conformation email came through straight away when I registered with my Gmail account. I guess it doesn't like Hotmail.

Ken

As a disciple of magic (tried thaumaturge last night and arcanist this morning) I keep getting gear quest rewards I need to repair. I can't do this myself - it tells me I need a weaver - the local independant repair NPC can't do this and when I was in the sand city, the Weaver's guild couldn't do it either.

Sounds like a bug? Gear menders should be able to repair gear for gil.

Yeah that sounds odd. Even the independent menders wouldn't repair for you?

cilonen

Yeah that sounds odd. Even the independent menders wouldn't repair for you?

Nope, it doesn't show up in their lists. My starter gear does, but the quest reward hempen stuff doesn't seem to. I'll go back and see if there's a tab I'm missing.

Edit: ok, none of the Hempen gear I've acquired showed up, but I chose 'repair all' and it did the job. Odd.

Xater

Here's my character. Can you earn more emotes or is what's in the menu all there is? I remember a gif posted on gaf where the guy hilariously claps but then suddenly makes a straight plain face.

ffxiv2t6x56.gif

ffxiv11yyjl.gif

There is a ton more if you target someone, press square and then select emote.

Ken

Nope, it doesn't show up in their lists. My starter gear does, but the quest reward hempen stuff doesn't seem to. I'll go back and see if there's a tab I'm missing.

Edit: ok, none of the Hempen gear I've acquired showed up, but I chose 'repair all' and it did the job. Odd.

Oh, do you have the Hempen gear equipped? There's a drop down list that lets you filter between equipped items and stuff in your armory chest.

cormack12

Gold Member
How many aetheryst things do you need to attune to for close to home? Just been logged out - think I have about 6/7 at the moment at various guilds etc. Just want to finish this up before heading out.....

Ken

How many aetheryst things do you need to attune to for close to home? Just been logged out - think I have about 6/7 at the moment at various guilds etc. Just want to finish this up before heading out.....

Unlocking all in a city just grants you an extra warp point or two right outside the city.

IMBored

Hey guys, I think I found a bug on the simply the hest quest on grivaldia. I talk to Ribald and the mission screen comes up but the complete option is greyd out, I can only decline. Mistake on my part or bug?

Also, any clans or stuff on server 5?

Hey guys, I think I found a bug on the simply the hest quest on grivaldia. I talk to Ribald and the mission screen comes up but the complete option is greyd out, I can only decline. Mistake on my part or bug?

Also, any clans or stuff on server 5?

I'm on server 5 too been trying to see if GAF has organised a Linkshell yet on the server but had no replies yet. If you want to add me it's:

Character name: Server Error
PSN ID: YK-Ruin-X

I won't be on until later tonight though as I am just about to head off to work right now.

That usually means you need to choose part of the quest reward - you can cursor up into the reward window and choose an armor or a potion or something (they usually also offer something that can just be sold for money in case none of the rewards fit you).

cilonen

Oh, do you have the Hempen gear equipped? There's a drop down list that lets you filter between equipped items and stuff in your armory chest.

I can't equip it as it needs repairing right off the bat. Really odd. My trial archer didn't have the issue with the Disciple of War starter gear. It doesn't show up in the Armory Chest listings in the repair dialogue either, even though it is in my Armory Chest.

The beginning is definitely a bit slow. So many quests just involved delivering messages to people. Standard MMO stuff I guess. Going to be a pain having to redo everything during the second phase.

Yeah, the quests around the starter town are basically there to teach you the town layout and give you a "home town" - later on when you are in a party and doing a quest in your home town, you will be able to lead the party to the destination. The good news is, while at first they take a long time and are tedious, once you get the layout down those quests go by quickly, so redoing them isn't as bad as it may seem now.

Also, the only quests you *need* to do are the main storyline quests and your class quests. The class quests show up at your class guild every five levels, the storyline quests are the ones with this symbol:
Ffxivarrmainscenarioquesticon.jpg

So if you really want, you can decide to only do those until they take you out of the main town, and then start doing quests that start outside the main towns. Note, though, that those little quests are the best source of XP for a while.

IMBored

That usually means you need to choose part of the quest reward - you can cursor up into the reward window and choose an armor or a potion or something (they usually also offer something that can just be sold for money in case none of the rewards fit you).

I'm embarassed, I've been doing that for 10+ hours, I don't know how I missed that this time.

I'm on server 5 too been trying to see if GAF has organised a Linkshell yet on the server but had no replies yet. If you want to add me it's:

Character name: Server Error
PSN ID: YK-Ruin-X

I won't be on until later tonight though as I am just about to head off to work right now.

I'll add you as soon as I figure out how to add friends.

Steroyd

Is there a way to change the button layout on rempteplay, having "R2" as a back touch pad is... inneffcient when I'm laying in bed grinding via weaver and miner classes.

Other than that remote play is so awesome and only makes me more hyped for the next RPG to come out on PS4. ^_^

cormack12

Gold Member
I googled it and looks like the quest just asks you to attune to the main aetheryte in the city?

Yeah - doh! Came across it by accident. Cheers though. I was thinking there was like 10 or so smaller ones that I needed to attune to then the large one would unlock!

BajiBoxer

Banned
I can't even get through the registration screen. For some reason when I try to put in the @gmail.com portion of my email the first time I press "." it just deletes the "il" and continues to give unexpected behavior every time I try (and is different each time... none of which let me simply get @gmail.com). Also, can't do more than 5 characters in the password retype field.

Lime

Does anyone know how the PS3 to PS4 transfer will go? How do I activate the PS3 game that I have so that it becomes the PS4 game before the deadline of April 11th?

Lime

I can't even get through the registration screen. For some reason when I try to put in the @gmail.com portion of my email the first time I press "." it just deletes the "il" and continues to give unexpected behavior every time I try (and is different each time... none of which let me simply get @gmail.com). Also, can't do more than 5 characters in the password retype field.

The password retype field is the "One Time Password" field. You should not enter anything into that field.

MilkBeard

Had a pretty eventful play today. Played for a few hours. Met up with someone who I friended yesterday. We followed each other around, wound up in some intense Fates, and I leveled quite a bit. Fun game.

BajiBoxer

Banned
The password retype field is the "One Time Password" field. You should not enter anything into that field.

Ok. I figured out most of it (damn tiny tiny text kept screwing me up). Now it turns out I'm not registered anymore because I have to confirm my country of residence (hadn't used this account in a long time).

cilonen

I know all the progress etc will be wiped after this phase, but does anyone know if our saved appearance slots when creating a character will carry over?

Brannon

Things seem more lively in this version, but maybe that's because the /shout command is used more. Which is nice. I'll miss it when the beta ends, though...

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I give up. I can log into my square enix account fine now on my laptop, but not the PS4 launcher.

This may seem like a stupid thing (because it was happening to me); but if you've typed your name in before, and use the auto-complete function on the PS4 - it adds a space to the end. I got an account lockout notice, and was getting massively upset, until I just happened to notice that the cursor was one over on my name.

Cmagus

same. i haven't finished the ps3 trophies yet, them changing the list would be serious pressure :D

Although I pre-ordered the PS4 collectors edition I'm still gonna wait for this reason. If its like Battlefield 4 the trophies don't come over which annoys me as I now have a listing for BF4 on both PS3 and PS4 and my PS3 copy is no longer an option.

Xater

My first impression of this game pretty much stands. I think it's really good and I have a lot of fun I just can't justify a monthly fee for any game these days. If this was F2P I would be all over it. This way even if there are not a lot of releases in the summer I will probably just return to play more Waframe.

BibiMaghoo

I got the PS3 Collector's Edition for £25 and I plan to upgrade it before April 11th to the PS4 version.

But what is the situation with the upgrade? Can I go buy the PS3 version for £25 and then get the Ps4 version for nothing? - this seems unlikely.

Or do we need to spend X amount to upgrade?

My first impression of this game pretty much stands. I think it's really good and I have a lot of fun I just can't justify a monthly fee for any game these days. If this was F2P I would be all over it. This way even if there are not a lot of releases in the summer I will probably just return to play more Waframe.

I feel the same way about monthly fee games, but then I realise that I will not be playing it 12 months out of a year, 2 may be enough, and that isn't so bad at all. I guess it depends if you are the type of person to run a sub that you are not using all the time.

Xater

I feel the same way about monthly fee games, but then I realise that I will not be playing it 12 months out of a year, 2 may be enough, and that isn't so bad at all. I guess it depends if you are the type of person to run a sub that you are not using all the time.

I'm not but I never know what comes up. When I spend the money even on just one month I feel obligated to play it even when other stuff comes out. If it was F2P I feel like I can tackle it more casually. I haven't played Warframe for a while but I don#t feel bad about that since there are no fees attached. Once summer is around and there are basically no games I can just jump in and play it for a bit and should something else distract me I can just not play it and I am not losing money on it.

But what is the situation with the upgrade? Can I go buy the PS3 version for £25 and then get the Ps4 version for nothing? - this seems unlikely.

Or do we need to spend X amount to upgrade?.

its a legit free upgrade- going to order base game on ps3 as most of the collectors edition as far as ingame items are: aesthetic- I can live without the bonuses

BibiMaghoo

I'm not but I never know what comes up. When I spend the money even on just one month I feel obligated to play it even when other stuff comes out. If it was F2P I feel like I can tackle it more casually. I haven't played Warframe for a while but I don#t feel bad about that since there are no fees attached. Once summer is around and there are basically no games I can just jump in and play it for a bit and should something else distract me I can just not play it and I am not losing money on it.

I know what you mean. Once that game time is bought you need to be on it. At least this one has no gem and shiny real money purchases to wear us down with.

its a legit free upgrade- going to order base game on ps3 as most of the collectors edition as far as ingame items are: aesthetic- I can live without the bonuses

That is fantastic. Will buy 2 Ps3 copies lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom