• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

That is fantastic. Will buy 2 Ps3 copies lol.

If I remember correctly. You need to use PS3 version atleast once in game (with PS3) before you can upgrade it to PS4.

Oh yeah. PS EU Blog according to PS4 FFXIVARR

EU PS Blog said:
Please be aware that after transferring to the PS4 you will be unable to play the PS3 version using your existing copy.
Users who wish to play using both the PS3 and PS4 are required to purchase the PlayStation 4 version separately.
Please note: To transfer your PS3 account, you must have logged in to it from a PS3 at least once.

Toki767

Just wondering, but is the physical Collector's Edition worth it for the artbook? I already have a PS3 digital copy but I kind of want that artbook.

Cmagus

Just wondering, but is the physical Collector's Edition worth it for the artbook? I already have a PS3 digital copy but I kind of want that artbook.

The artbook is really nice and full of designs. Its got art for characters, weapons, environments, misc stuff like minions and two pages of the event art that you often see on the Lodestone. I'd say like 65% of the art in the book is online already but there are alot of things that aren't like some Shiva, Ramuh and Ishgard concepts. Its also a well made book it doesn't feel cheap its a nice hard cover. If you can afford it I would say go for it the whole package overall is really nice.

Anyone? I'm really confused.
Did you accidentally change move sets? If you hit R1 it should bring up the move sets you may have changed it over. If that doesn't switch it back you can hold down R1 and you'll see the playstation buttons that allow you to set custom ones you just may be on that.

Lime

If I remember correctly. You need to use PS3 version atleast once in game (with PS3) before you can upgrade it to PS4.

Oh yeah. PS EU Blog according to PS4 FFXIVARR

Does this mean that I have to activate the free 30 days of subscription for the PS3 version in order to transfer from PS3 to PS4? Or can I simply register my copy, wait for the release of the PS4 version and *then* initiate my 30 days of playing time?

Naar

Anyone? I'm really confused.

Need some context.Did you just login? Did you enter a dungeon? etc

Did you level sync or something? If you level sync and do something thats lower level you will only have access to the moves at that current level

Draper

Need some context.Did you just login? Did you enter a dungeon? etc

Did you level sync or something? If you level sync and do something thats lower level you will only have access to the moves at that current level

Just logged back in, at lvl 9, not undergoing any mission...I don't know what happened.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
god damn that month long ban was brutal.

in any case, this is my first time really trying out an mmo and i love it. pre ordered the CE (big box, art book & moogle minion really sold me). the security token would have been cool too, but now those are just more convenient on my phone.

the jobs from 5/tactics, the combat from 12, the scale of 7, the respect for the series that 9 had. all it needs are the minigames from 8 & 10!

the frame rate was sketchy yesterday but much better this morning. hitting 60 in the main city. after the population shot up, the frame rate goes back to 30ish. i have faith the devs will follow through on their plan to work that out, they clearly love their work and outside of a few ui choices it really shows throughout. the image quality and art direction are solid and the music is incredible.

i'm playing a level 15 CNJ on beta world 4, but will go ACN in phase 2/full game. both will get me to WHM which i'm looking forward to playing with ultros gaf.

Vizzeh

Banned
Played this for a while, seems a decent game, very slow to start altho I guess its for the learning curve.

anyone notice jutter/fps being slow?

Cmagus

does this mean that if i log in once on ps3 and then transfer to ps4 that i will loose my free month and will have to pay a subscription on ps4? if so, that sucks.

You won't loose it as there is no seperate account system all versions share the same account so if you register your copy on mogstation it applies your free month to the account. So even if you log into the PC version that month is just the same.

Korezo

god damn that month long ban was brutal.

in any case, this is my first time really trying out an mmo and i love it. pre ordered the CE (big box, art book & moogle minion really sold me). the security token would have been cool too, but now those are just more convenient on my phone.

the jobs from 5/tactics, the combat from 12, the scale of 7, the respect for the series that 9 had. all it needs are the minigames from 8 & 10!

the frame rate was sketchy yesterday but much better this morning. hitting 60 in the main city. after the population shot up, the frame rate goes back to 30ish. i have faith the devs will follow through on their plan to work that out, they clearly love their work and outside of a few ui choices it really shows throughout. the image quality and art direction are solid and the music is incredible.

i'm playing a level 15 CNJ on beta world 4, but will go ACN in phase 2/full game. both will get me to WHM which i'm looking forward to playing with ultros gaf.

I don't think the frame rate ever hit 60. From the moment I controlled my character the fps felt jerky since I'm use to the 60 fps on pc. This has to be running at 30 and below.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I feel like waiting for another phase if they're just gonna wipe all these characters when this phase is done. I already have characters from the PC version, why play with one that won't count...

Btw, if one of my characters is around Lv30 marauder, is there any do something with the char to make them not a tank anymore, or is that imprinted on them from creation? I really hated being the tank.

Foshy

So umm when does it start getting interesting? Just killed some Aurelias and the battle system feels very slow (picked the class with the battle axe), does it get much faster and more exciting?

Not big into MMOs but I figured I should give this beta a try. Only one I played much was RO, but if this one picks up I could stick with it for a while.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I feel like waiting for another phase if they're just gonna wipe all these characters when this phase is done. I already have characters from the PC version, why play with one that won't count...

Btw, if one of my characters is around Lv30 marauder, is there any do something with the char to make them not a tank anymore, or is that imprinted on them from creation? I really hated being the tank.

Sorry man, you're a tank. No ifs ands or buts about it. While this is WoW-lite, it doesn't feature the talent system of WoW that offsets only having one class per character (XIV offsets that by letting you have all jobs on one character).

So umm when does it start getting interesting? Just killed some Aurelias and the battle system feels very slow (picked the class with the battle axe), does it get much faster and more exciting?

Not big into MMOs but I figured I should give this beta a try. Only one I played much was RO, but if this one picks up I could stick with it for a while.

As you advance through the game, each class gains some off cooldown abilities, but that 2-2.5 sec global cooldown is here to stay.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

The first 10 levels are like pushing a boulder up WOW-Clone Mountain. You just have to put up with it.

katagai

Just logged back in, at lvl 9, not undergoing any mission...I don't know what happened.

Not sure if this is what happened to you, but it's worth a shot: hold down R1 and press the triangle button to switch Crossbar Set 1.

You have access to a total of 8 Crossbar sets and you can freely switch between them by holding R1 and using the face buttons and d-pad.

Lime

You won't loose it as there is no seperate account system all versions share the same account so if you register your copy on mogstation it applies your free month to the account. So even if you log into the PC version that month is just the same.

Does the free month initiate automatically once you play and register the PS3 version?

Sorry but i have to ask ..i can show a pointer kinda like thing when i use the touchpad , but how do i select with it ? i tried swaping , double tapping , several bouttons , how do i select when i have the touchpad pointer ?

Number45

Does the free month initiate automatically once you play and register the PS3 version?
Once the PS3 version is registered to your account. Just don't play it until just before the account migration opens to maximise free time on the PS4 version.

just started installing ps3 version and you can bring over your ps4 beta character to full game-sweet
Not in this phase.

Sorry but i have to ask ..i can show a pointer kinda like thing when i use the touchpad , but how do i select with it ? i tried swaping , double tapping , several bouttons , how do i select when i have the touchpad pointer ?
Tried clicking?

EDIT: Anyone playing in 1080p on the PS4 version confirm the pixel-mapping is 1 to 1? PS3 version loses pixels at the edge with no resize option.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
game is making me regret never getting that chocobo tattoo

I don't think the frame rate ever hit 60. From the moment I controlled my character the fps felt jerky since I'm use to the 60 fps on pc. This has to be running at 30 and below.

even in your inn room?

regardless, it was considerably smoother in big towns earlier today.

Not in this phase.

really? im installing on ps3 currently (cheaper to upgrade to ps4 version and I LOATHE character wipes), and when I logged into PS3 it asked if I want to bring my current ps4 player into PS3- showed my level 16 marauder and everything

still downloaing now so I dont know just yet- 20 minutes left at 4.27mb/sec

edit: will post if I need to remake or if Im okay shortly-

Number45

really? im installing on ps3 currently (cheaper to upgrade to ps4 version and I LOATHE character wipes), and when I logged into PS3 it asked if I want to bring my current ps4 player into PS3- showed my level 16 marauder and everyhing

still downloaing now so I dont know just yet- 20 minutes left at 4.27mb/sec
Interesting. Phase 1 was always supposed to be a full wipe.

Vizzeh

Banned

Playing on a big screen with jutter around 30ish is tough on the eyes, hope they manage to smooth it out, it is a beta after all :) - We have been spoiled with 60fps so far on PS4.

Draper

Not sure if this is what happened to you, but it's worth a shot: hold down R1 and press the triangle button to switch Crossbar Set 1.

You have access to a total of 8 Crossbar sets and you can freely switch between them by holding R1 and using the face buttons and d-pad.

Yeah, I'm aware of that...just 3 of my attacks just vanished from my original set. I'm thinking my game just bugged out or something :(

Namikaze1

Played for about 11-12 hours yesterday. So far, I've enjoy my time in Und'al or whatever Square Enix calls it. Got a level 16/17 midlander warrior just about to finish giving the letters to the other generals. Nearly got my ass kicked in the level 15 mission for the Warriors Guild. If it wasn't for Aldis being such a badass, I would have died.

On another note, one thing I dislike is the text being so damn small on my 50" TV. Anyone knows how to enlarge the text?

Korezo

game is making me regret never getting that chocobo tattoo

even in your inn room?

regardless, it was considerably smoother in big towns earlier today.

I haven't gone to my inn.

Playing on a big screen with jutter around 30ish is tough on the eyes, hope they manage to smooth it out, it is a beta after all :) - We have been spoiled with 60fps so far on PS4.

I am actually playing on a plasma and was able to tell right away, because 30fps games have a weird motion look on plasmas.

On another note, one thing I dislike is the text being so damn small on my 50" TV. Anyone knows how to enlarge the text?
I'd love to know this as well-it's very difficult to see on a 60" as well :/

switched to my 23" monitor and can read everything fine but my desk isn't nearly as comfy as my couch haha

Vizzeh

Banned
I am actually playing on a plasma and was able to tell right away, because 30fps games have a weird motion look on plasmas.

Plasmas from my understanding are pretty much as good as it gets? so rules out the tv :) Im using an LG LED, recent model, I believe its as good as LED gets 16ms. Playing outlast or something in 60fps is noticeably superior in smoothness. (But I guess 60fps isnt their target and its a beta)

Blizzje

Although the framerate doesn't stay at 60, I think it stays around the 40-50 range mostly.
Drops happen outside mostly with many players present, but I don't think it goes blow 30. Played the PS3 version of saints row 4 right after and that dips to 20.

Drame

Out of the major cities Gridania sure is suffering from some wonky framerate.

Today I've been mostly setting up the UI to my liking. I really hope that the settings won't be wiped at the end of the phase 1. It would really suck to setup everything from the get go again. >.<

Couple quests shy from the dungeons, I pressume. Or are they even available at the p1?

Started my first character for this beta, on Server 6 I think.

Game is already tons of times better than on PS3 simply due to the fact that you can multitask while idling/loading/downloading etc. etc. I could just watch some streams on PS Live in the mean time :)

I remember people said the touchpad integration is wonky? I didn't try too much with it but I think it's awesome that it allowed them to implement mouse controls so intuitively instead of a button combination etc.

I have seen many instances where this game hits 60fps.

Especially when I get to an area that has fewer people. In town and such, when there are 50+ people on screen running around, or right outside of the gates when you have that many people fighting, not surprising there is slowdown.

Ark

I accidentally picked a Conjurer thinking they'd be able to conjure up some badass damage spells, turns out I'm now a level 7 healer haha.

RK9039

So umm when does it start getting interesting? Just killed some Aurelias and the battle system feels very slow (picked the class with the battle axe), does it get much faster and more exciting? .

It gets interesting when you start tanking.

EGOMON

Ok I give up. I have tried to register for this but it won't send me an email with some code I need. I don't know how to get into it
Try different emails also make sure you are not using email that been used previously to make SE account use a fresh one that you never used to play any Square Enix game.

Worth mention people few pages back said when they used gamil they received the code but not with hotmail.

Try different emails also make sure you are not using email that been used previously to make SE account use a fresh one that you never used to play any Square Enix game.

Worth mention people few pages back said when they used gamil they received the code but not with hotmail.

My normal email is gmail but it wouldn't work but I have used the mrs email and it came through this time.Thanks

I'd love to know this as well-it's very difficult to see on a 60" as well :/

switched to my 23" monitor and can read everything fine but my desk isn't nearly as comfy as my couch haha

I think the only way is having it as 720p. Because there is no in-game way to change the NPC text/quest text. You can change the chat text though.

fallingdove

Thats good to hear. Loving the beta and picked up the ps3 version during the sale. I didn't want to get roped into a subscription due to a technicality.

jwk94

So is there a way for me to see what objectives are on my map? I have a blip showing on mine but I have no clue what quest it corresponds to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom