• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

This is very true, and it blows my mind when I meet people in my Linkshells who say they've never played a FF game before this one.

The fact that there is a full fledged story mode before the MMO component of the game should be proof at who the primary audience is. A story mode complete with amazing music, full-fledged cut-scenes, voice acting, and a final boss inspired right out of Final Fantasy VII.

Mind you, it just also happens to be a pretty amazing MMO too.

thejpfin

The login screen is available but it sais my password/login name is incorrect.
I try the same details on the online webpage and no problem. I can see that my PSN account is linked there as well.
I believe this also happened to me during the PS3 beta last year preventing me from participating.

Same. I gave up after few password changes. My old SE acc just wont work. (it works if I try online webpage)
Then I created new SE account and voilà! It works.

So do you guys know what NDA this beta has? I tried to find NDA info, but no luck.
(talking about pics/vids)
Edit: Didn't see Ninjacarrots and Fehyds posts, my bad.

Gaz_RB

The fact that there is a full fledged story mode before the MMO component of the game should be proof at who the primary audience is. A story mode complete with amazing music, full-fledged cut-scenes, voice acting, and a final boss inspired right out of Final Fantasy VII.

Mind you, it just also happens to be a pretty amazing MMO too.

Can you please stop making me so excited for this game

Lucifon

Is it possible to purchase a PS3 copy now...wait until say a day before beta phase 2, register it on the ps3 and play it once so it's all activated on my account. Then play beta phase 2 on my ps4 with my existing PC character along with benefiting from the 30 days?

I'm trying to think of the best way to get the PS4 version if I already have an inactive PC account and own a PS3 + benefit from the extra 30 days.

Sophia

So do you guys know what NDA this beta has? I tried to find NDA info, but no luck.
(talking about pics/vids)
Edit: Didn't see Ninjacarrots and Fehyds posts, my bad.

It's a public beta test open to all PlayStation 4 users. Even if there was an NDA, they couldn't enforce it if they tried. :p

Can you please stop making me so excited for this game

But I have so much to say to hype people up still! Like the fact that Gaius is one of the coolest antagonists in a Final Fantasy game, or that a good deal of the soundtrack was composed by Uematsu himself, or the fact that if you can make it to the first beta's level cap of 20 then (Beta story spoilers)
you'll fight the lord of the inferno, Ifrit himself.

Is it possible to purchase a PS3 copy now...wait until say a day before beta phase 2, register it on the ps3 and play it once so it's all activated on my account. Then play beta phase 2 on my ps4 with my existing PC character along with benefiting from the 30 days?

I'm trying to think of the best way to get the PS4 version if I already have an inactive PC account and own a PS3 + benefit from the extra 30 days.

Beta phase 2 will not require you to have a copy of the game to use your existing characters, if I understand it correctly. That said, if you get a physical retail box with actual code, you can hang onto the product key until then.

Lucifon

Beta phase 2 will not require you to have a copy of the game to use your existing characters, if I understand it correctly. That said, if you get a physical retail box with actual code, you can hang onto the product key until then.

That seems pretty awesome. So I can wait til the day before PS4 launch for example to redeem the PS3 copy and convert it over?

Namikaze1

So how long did you guys wait for the confirmation code email to show up in your inbox? I've been waiting for over an hour and nothing from Square so far.

Ok so I am trying to login and it will not let me change the square enix ID that is was automatically put in when I clicked that I already had an account. Any ideas? Also yes this is on the PS4.

jiggles

Banned
You can't play your old character in the first phase. In the second phase, you can.

I thought you could copy your character from the live servers to the beta servers in Phase 1? Obviously, any progress would be wiped when it moves phase 2 on the live servers, but you wouldn't have to start from square one in the first phase.

Sophia

Can I play the beta if I have a PC account, or do I need to create a separate account for PS4 ?

If you have a PC account already, you will log in with those details to link your account with your PSN name.

That seems pretty awesome. So I can wait til the day before PS4 launch for example to redeem the PS3 copy and convert it over?

That appears to be the case, yes. The digital version off PSN appears to activate the free trial as soon as you link the accounts, so a physical code is probably more convenient

Ok so I am trying to login and it will not let me change the square enix ID that is was automatically put in when I clicked that I already had an account. Any ideas? Also yes this is on the PS4.

Do you have a PS3 account already? This happens if your PSN is already associated with a Square-Enix account.

Korezo

Most games with a upgrade plan have a expiration. Like the last day to upgrade cod is march, idk if SE given any dates for ffxiv, but people would just buy the ps3 version cheap instead of ever buying the ps4 version. So who knows when is the last date to upgrade.

satire77

Is it known if the disc will be required to launch the game? Because i dont want to be swapping discs everytime i want to play the game, and considering this is a game that i will be playing for a long time, it is an important factor to help me decide whether or not get the physical or digital version.

Sophia

I thought the soundtrack was done by Masayoshi Soken?

Uematsu composed the original soundtrack to Final Fantasy XIV, of which roughly half is used in A Realm Reborn. Soken composed most of the tracks that appeared in patches for the original game, as well as all the new tracks for A Realm Reborn.

Is it known if the disc will be required to launch the game? Because i dont want to be swapping discs everytime i want to play the game, and considering this is a game that i will be playing for a long time, it is an important factor to help me decide whether or not get the physical or digital version.

The disc is only used to install, and it's not even needed for that as once you've registered the game you can download it off PSN.

Ricker

You can use your pc account, it only asks that you link it through prompts.

Downloading now,even though I did the PC beta last year,why not lol...I think the PC Square/Enix account ID and password are not the same has the login in the game ID and password right...because I have the info for the game but probably forgot the SE stuff...

If you have a PC account already, you will log in with those details to link your account with your PSN name.

That appears to be the case, yes. The digital version off PSN appears to activate the free trial as soon as you link the accounts, so a physical code is probably more convenient

Do you have a PS3 account already? This happens if your PSN is already associated with a Square-Enix account.

Yeah when the beta for ARR started I played on PC and the missus played on the PS3. I assume this means her account is tied to my PSN now, is there a way to remove it as that's going to suck if I can't use my own account on my PSN ID now.

satire77

Uematsu composed the original soundtrack to Final Fantasy XIV, of which roughly half is used in A Realm Reborn. Soken composed most of the tracks that appeared in patches for the original game, as well as all the new tracks for A Realm Reborn.

The disc is only used to install, and it's not even needed for that as once you've registered the game you can download it off PSN.

Thanks, those are great news for people who like having physical discs for their games.

Wow, even though i promised to myself to not play anymore mmos, for some reason i'm really excited for tomorrow beta.

Sophia

Yeah when the beta for ARR started I played on PC and the missus played on the PS3. I assume this means her account is tied to my PSN now, is there a way to remove it as that's going to suck if I can't use my own account on my PSN ID now.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f600d3da39875bbc27d16c82909e36e3465d689e

* Please be advised that linking a Square Enix account to a Sony Entertainment Network account is an irreversible process.

Sorry, but you might be out of luck. Try contacting SE, explain the situation, and hope for the best. Depending on what their policy is, they may or may not be able to help you.

I know EA helped me when I had issues with the wrong Origin account linked, but it came with the full disclaimer of "If something goes wrong and you lose stuff on the account, it's not our problem. We warned you."

Ricker

Thanks, those are great news for people who like having physical discs for their games.

Wow, even though i promised to myself to not play anymore mmos, for some reason i'm really excited for tomorrow beta.

Tomorrow...? I think it starts in 3 hours or so no...?

Tex117

Banned
This game was one of the biggest surprises of the year for me.

I picked it up on sale for the ps3 for what I heard was a pretty decent single player story. I got to level 37, my subscription ran out, and I decided to wait until I could free upgrade to the ps4 to finish up the main quest.

The music and single campaign alone are worth the price of entry for a month or two.

Best FF since XII

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Euro PS4 beta available yet?

Ah, found it on the mobile app/webstore. Nothing on the PS4store yet, but you can just download it on your console with one of those two.

Here's my random question. I bought it for the PS3 when it was on sale and just never got around to playing it. Do i need to go ahead and make an account on the PS3 first before I can upgrade to the PS4 version? I don't mind making an account and character today before the Beta starts so that when the PS4 version launches I'll have everything ready. Thanks!

lantus

Pretty excited for this beta. I've never played an MMO before so this is new territory for me, can't wait to remote play this while on my lunch break too. :)

Here's my random question. I bought it for the PS3 when it was on sale and just never got around to playing it. Do i need to go ahead and make an account on the PS3 first before I can upgrade to the PS4 version? I don't mind making an account and character today before the Beta starts so that when the PS4 version launches I'll have everything ready. Thanks!

Yes, go ahead and do it. That way, your game will be registered to your SE account. You'll be all set.

Question: Is there a beta running on PS3? Since my brother owns a PS3 would it be possible to play together with me having the beta on PS4?

I played the beta for the PS3 version, so I guess I'll try out the PS4 version as well. I had a fully leveled white mage (or conjurer? I forgot the names) in the last beta, hope I get to use it on the PS4 version as well.

nOoblet16

So I live in UK but use an NA account, I downloaded the client and found out it won't work and I have to download the EU game instead. Why ? Why are MMOs like this? This (region restriction, even when it come to the copy of the game) is what makes them so inaccessible to me apart from 100 user sign ins and security checks.

Don't know if the console versions are the same but on the PC there are no restrictions to what server you can join in the game. I'm in the UK and play on a US server and it even gave me the option of joining Japanese servers.

Sophia

Question: Is there a beta running on PS3? Since my brother owns a PS3 would it be possible to play together with me having the beta on PS4?

The first beta test is occurring on its own server, so no, no PS3 users can join. The second beta test will be occurring on live servers.

So I live in UK but use an NA account, I downloaded the client and found out it won't work and I have to download the EU game instead. Why ? Why are MMOs like this? This (region restriction, even when it come to the copy of the game) is what makes them so inaccessible to me apart from 100 user sign ins and security checks.

Square Enix accounts and the product key much match regions, for pricing reasons. Or in this case, your Square-Enix account and your PSN account must match regions to be linked.

You have a North American PSN account or a North American Square-Enix account? If it's the later, simply make a PSN account for the US and download the US client.

Don't know if the console versions are the same but on the PC there are no restrictions to what server you can join in the game. I'm in the UK and play on a US server and it even gave me the option of joining Japanese servers.

This is correct. The restriction is only on the product keys themselves. Once your account is made you can play on US/JP/EU servers as you please.

nOoblet16

The first beta test is occurring on its own server, so no, no PS3 users can join. The second beta test will be occurring on live servers.

Square Enix accounts and the product key much match regions, for pricing reasons. Or in this case, your Square-Enix account and your PSN account must match regions to be linked.

You have a North American PSN account or a North American Square-Enix account? If it's the later, simply make a PSN account for the US and download the US client.

This is correct. The restriction is only on the product keys themselves. Once your account is made you can play on US/JP/EU servers as you please.
It's my PSN account which is North American, my Enix account is EU because I made one for FFXIV PC a while ago but never played it.

Sophia

It's my PSN account which is North American, my Enix account is EU because I made one for FFXIV PC a while ago but never played it.

If your Square-Enix account is EU, you'll need a European PSN account. Alternatively, if you never played it (and thus don't have any characters for the second phase) you can simply make a new NA SE account and start from there.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f600d3da39875bbc27d16c82909e36e3465d689e

Sorry, but you might be out of luck. Try contacting SE, explain the situation, and hope for the best. Depending on what their policy is, they may or may not be able to help you.

I know EA helped me when I had issues with the wrong Origin account linked, but it came with the full disclaimer of "If something goes wrong and you lose stuff on the account, it's not our problem. We warned you."

Wow I hope that's not the case, this is the year 2014 isn't it surely you can have more than one account. Sucks if they won't do anything about it as I have gone all digital and have all my friends on my PSN account so if I have to make a new one just so I can play FFXIV that's a deal breaker for me on that game as it's not worth the hassle.

Stuart444

According to the Playstation Blog it's on Japan time... So any second now?

8am GMT which is midnight PST. (according to the SE banner thing on my PS4)

Anyway, anyone tried to share a screenshot of the login screen? Seems to not take a screenshot (and default to whatever the last game I took a screenshot of) and videos don't seem to work either. Even if there is no NDA, seems like they don't want pic/vid sharing or something... or it's just a bug.

Only a few more months til the PS4 launch of ARR though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom