• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

okay sorry if this has been answered already (i did look about 20 pages back) but i purchased FF14 (PS3 version) during the PSN x-mas sale so that i could eventually play on the PS4.

i haven't activated the PS3 version yet. how will i be able to activate on the PS4 and get the free 30 day trial?

thanks in advance.
They stated that you'll need to login at least once to fully activate the PS3 account before you'll be eligible for the transfer. If you want to maximise free time on the PS4 version do it as close to launch as you can without missing the cut-off (I'm assuming there will be a cut-off of some sort).

Semper88

Question, might be answered somewhere but I can't find it.

If i buy the PS3 collector's edition on the PSN market can i then upgrade it to the PS4?

Due the fact that the PS4 collector's edition is 80 euro's in retail stores here... (Bol.com the Dutch amazone) saves me a extra 30 euro's if this is possible.

Sophia

Question, might be answered somewhere but I can't find it.

If i buy the PS3 collector's edition on the PSN market can i then upgrade it to the PS4?

Due the fact that the PS4 collector's edition is 80 euro's in retail stores here... (Bol.com the Dutch amazone) saves me a extra 30 euro's if this is possible.

Yes. If you buy the PS3 Collector's Edition off PSN, you can upgrade it to the PS4 Collector's Edition down the line for free.

On that note, it is only necessary to obtain a Collector's Edition once for your Square-Enix account. Should you chose to purchase the PC version or repurchase the PS3 version after upgrading to the PS4, you will not need to buy the Collector's Edition again.

okay sorry if this has been answered already (i did look about 20 pages back) but i purchased FF14 (PS3 version) during the PSN x-mas sale so that i could eventually play on the PS4.

i haven't activated the PS3 version yet. how will i be able to activate on the PS4 and get the free 30 day trial?

thanks in advance.

You will most likely need to download and log into the PS3 version at least once to link your PSN account to a Square-Enix account. Doing so is what activates the 30 day trial on digital purchases.

Carbonox

So uh, anyone else having issue with that cafe quest where you have to take the orders of the patrons? 3 out of the 4 are in the place but the 4th person is never around so the mission can't be completed.

Sophia

So uh, anyone else having issue with that cafe quest where you have to take the orders of the patrons? 3 out of the 4 are in the place but the 4th person is never around so the mission can't be completed.

Yeah that always fools everyone. It's not bugged however.
He's outside, on top of the building.

Semper88

Yes. If you buy the PS3 Collector's Edition off PSN, you can upgrade it to the PS4 Collector's Edition down the line for free.

On that note, it is only necessary to obtain a Collector's Edition once for your Square-Enix account. Should you chose to purchase the PC version or repurchase the PS3 version after upgrading to the PS4, you will not need to buy the Collector's Edition again.

Thx! I'll be buying it for the first time.. i skipped the PS3 version because i can't play a mmo that runs like crap.

So i'll be able to buy the PS3 version and Upgrade it to the PS4 without logging in once on a ps3? :)

Sophia

Thx! I'll be buying it for the first time.. i skipped the PS3 version because i can't play a mmo that runs like crap.

So i'll be able to buy the PS3 version and Upgrade it to the PS4 without logging in once on a ps3? :)

They haven't specified how the upgrade process will work, but seeing as you need to link your PSN to your Square-Enix account, you will most likely have to log in to the PS3 version at least once. Note that linking your account in this manner activates the 30 day free trial.

And the PS3 version doesn't run that badly. It's playable at least!

Semper88

They haven't specified how the upgrade process will work, but seeing as you need to link your PSN to your Square-Enix account, you will most likely have to log in to the PS3 version at least once. Note that linking your account in this manner activates the 30 day free trial.

And the PS3 version doesn't run that badly. It's playable at least!

Ah damn.. so i'll need to use a PS3 first before i can upgrade to the PS4. Darnnnn..

Carbonox

This PS3 to PS4 upgrade talk has me intrigued. I was looking at buying the PS4 version but there's really no point buying that at full price when I could just buy the much much cheaper PS3 version and then just upgrade? :p

Number45

This PS3 to PS4 upgrade talk has me intrigued. I was looking at buying the PS4 version but there's really no point buying that at full price when I could just buy the much much cheaper PS3 version and then just upgrade? :p
Correct. Picked up the SE in the January sale for just this reason.

thats what I did- you cannot beat the price-and no worries about lost progress

Looked around but can't seem to find an answer to this, I'm in HK trying to get on the ps4 beta, but I just keep getting error (WV 33899 - 2)

Able to connect to the psnetwork and online store just fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Hellers

I'm about to rock two quests in Spirithold. The first dungeon in Gridania it looks like.

EDIT: Looks like a pretty tiny dungeon.

Sastasha is the first dungeon. You have to be level 15 at least but it unlocks via the main questline. The first Gridania dungeon is Tam-Tara Deepcroft.

hyp

They stated that you'll need to login at least once to fully activate the PS3 account before you'll be eligible for the transfer. If you want to maximise free time on the PS4 version do it as close to launch as you can without missing the cut-off (I'm assuming there will be a cut-off of some sort).

thank you, makes total sense.

MilkBeard

Sastasha is the first dungeon. You have to be level 15 at least but it unlocks via the main questline. The first Gridania dungeon is Tam-Tara Deepcroft.

Yeah, I realized that. The game called it a dungeon in the quest, but it was just a small area. Can't wait to get to the first real dungeon.

I've been exploring around in some of the connected worlds, and they are pretty high level. I just walked to Boulder Downs and there is this snowy area with a lvl 44 quest. This is making me really want to play the full game so I can explore more. I'm only level 12 right now but it would be fun to sneak around a bit.

Music in this game is great too. It's always nice when you get to a new area and hear a new tune.

Sophia

Can't log in for the life of me. I try to sign in, but keeps saying "ID or Password incorrect" What is this one time password thing???

You leave the one time password blank. It's used if you have a security token (hence "one time password"), and you don't have one most likely. :p

Sophia

Are you a new user? If so, you would have created your ID on the launcher when linking your PSN account to your Square ID.

Friendly reminder that FFXIV account info is not done through http://www.square-enix.com/ as that is a separate thing entirely. All FFXIV related account info is handled at the MogStation: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

Thanks for the trouble, but I figured it out. Just did a Google search on whats my Square ID is. Someone suggested to go through your emails, and that's what I did. And found an old email when I register the site last year. Is my name with a number..So stupid. You can't even see your ID on the site.

ReaperXL7

Hmmm, maybe this has been answered but when I logged in with my account it made me create a second service account, and now when I logged in I get the choice of selecting FFXIV 1, or FFXIV 2. Does anyone know what this is about? Why did they make me create 2 accounts?

Yopis

They are outside cafe if I remember correctly. Been a long time though.

BibiMaghoo

I don't think there can be any kind of cut-off, because people that buy a ps4 a year from now need to be able to upgrade if they have been playing all year on PS3. This tells me the upgrade will be available indefinitely.

It's not on sale anymore for the PS3 though...but 39 is still cheaper then 59...will the PS4 version be 59 bucks...?

Amazon have the PS3 version of the game for less than £10. Think the Ce is about £25.

Number45

I don't think there can be any kind of cut-off, because people that buy a ps4 a year from now need to be able to upgrade if they have been playing all year on PS3. This tells me the upgrade will be available indefinitely.
Yup, now that I think about it a cut-off makes no sense at all.

Amazon have the PS3 version of the game for less than £10. Think the Ce is about £25.
I assume you need the disc in if you buy the disc version (PS3 or PS4). This is one of those games where having the disk in would be a pain in the arse.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I assume you need the disc in if you buy the disc version (PS3 or PS4). This is one of those games where having the disk in would be a pain in the arse.

Pretty sure you don't need the disc to play on PS3.

Someone confirm this, because if I need to have the disc in to play I'm canceling my physical CE and going digital!

Someone confirm this, because if I need to have the disc in to play I'm canceling my physical CE and going digital!

As a current PS3 player, I can confirm you don't need the disk in after you first install the full game to your PS3.

Number45

If there's no disk check on the PS4 I'm almost certainly going to pick it up a third time if I can find it cheap. Or if it's cheap on the store at launch I'll go that route.

As a current PS3 player, I can confirm you don't need the disk in after you first install the full game to your PS3.
Thanks for the confirmation. Really hope it's the same for the PS4, might wait to migrate my account until I find out for sure.

EDIT: Less than £9 for PS3 here at the moment.

Fehyd

Banned
There really is a lot more to experience in the game after level 20. So if you still want to play but don't want to spoil yourselves, most of the best stuff happens post level 20. (Awesome dungeons like Haukke Manor, job unlocks and the job storylines, etc.).

It really is a fun game and while the sub will turn some people off I have yet to feel guilty about it, especially with the rate at which new content is added.

BibiMaghoo

Nope, each disc comes with a one time use key, similar to a PC retail game. Without this key the disc is useless, and when upgrading from PS3 to PS4, it transfers the rights of the key.

So you won't need the disc in the console, and once the key is linked to PS4, the disc for Ps3 becomes unusable, because it has no key. It cannot be sold or used again.

Sophia

So what is there to do for end game? How many dungeons are there? Are there raids?

End game progression basically goes as follows:
Hit level 50 > Complete the story > Start your relic > Chimera > Amdapor Keep > Hydra > Hard Mode Primals > Relic weapon > Binding Coil of Bahamut.

Everything listed above is eight players except for
Amdapor Keep
, which is four players. There's also
Crystal Tower (24 players), Moggle Mog, Story final boss Hard Mode, and the Extreme Mode Primals
as side activities to supplement the above.

In Patch 2.2 they'll be releasing Leviathan (Hard and Extreme), Extreme Mode Moggle Mog, adding four more turns to the Binding Coil, a new four player dungeon, and hard mode versions of two existing dungeons.

So yeah, there's quite a bit just for end game dungeons/raids alone.

There really is a lot more to experience in the game after level 20. So if you still want to play but don't want to spoil yourselves, most of the best stuff happens post level 20. (Awesome dungeons like Haukke Manor, job unlocks and the job storylines, etc.).

It really is a fun game and while the sub will turn some people off I have yet to feel guilty about it, especially with the rate at which new content is added.

Heh. The patch notes for 2.1 were over 120 pages long. Patches are basically mini-expansions here.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Nope, each disc comes with a one time use key, similar to a PC retail game. Without this key the disc is useless, and when upgrading from PS3 to PS4, it transfers the rights of the key.

So you won't need the disc in the console, and once the key is linked to PS4, the disc for Ps3 becomes unusable, because it has no key. It cannot be sold or used again.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. Now I just need to go into cryo until April!

Number45

Cool, thanks. PS4 version is at least £26 at the moment - might keep an eye out for a deal or wait for the PSN pricing.

I think it will be but.. I don't think they've said either way yet (or I've not seen anything on it).
Yeah, I won't risk it until I know for sure.

Thinking of picking up the Collectors edition. How did it turn out PS3/PC?

Also, does the Square Store charge you right away or after it ships?

Thanks

Anyone have any idea how trophies will work when using a character that has a lot of progress from the PC version?

For example, I used to play FFXI on the PC. Then, I picked up the 360 version when it was available. When I first logged into the 360 version with the character that I was using on the PC version for the previous 2 years, a metric ass load of achievements popped all at once.

I'm just wondering if this would be the case when logging into the PS4 version for the first time with a character that has met the criteria for most of the trophies (once the retail version is available, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom