• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Sorry to be annoying with the questions, but I have one more question about the PS3 --> PS4 transfer process.

The only account I have made is the one I've used for the PC and PS4 betas. If I register my PS3 copy right when the PS4 version releases, will I be able to register it with the account that has my beta character from this upcoming phase?

I only ask because I've done the low level quest grind way too many times now. If I have to make a fresh account when I register my PS3 copy, I just won't participate in this beta phase. Otherwise I'm dying to play haha

Jomjom

Banned
Sorry to be annoying with the questions, but I have one more question about the PS3 --> PS4 transfer process.

The only account I have made is the one I've used for the PC and PS4 betas. If I register my PS3 copy right when the PS4 version releases, will I be able to register it with the account that has my beta character from this upcoming phase?

I only ask because I've done the low level quest grind way too many times now. If I have to make a fresh account when I register my PS3 copy, I just won't participate in this beta phase. Otherwise I'm dying to play haha

Not sure if im understanding your question, but you can register one pc, ps3, ps4 version all on the same account. As far as i know the beta account is actually a real account because theres even an option to begin subbing on it in mogstation.

MrBS

I queued the download for the new client with the old client still installed. When I get home I'll have to see just what kind of mess I've created ;)
Just to follow up. The beta and final version sit side by side on PS4. You will need to download the new client guys.

Grinchy

Banned
Not sure if im understanding your question, but you can register one pc, ps3, ps4 version all on the same account. As far as i know the beta account is actually a real account because theres even an option to begin subbing on it in mogstation.

I think that answers my question, thanks.

Jomjom

Banned
I think that answers my question, thanks.

Oh yeah, just to add, the beta account definitely carries over since your progress on the beta in 2 days will carry over to the full game.

Just be careful that you are registering the ps3 version to your preexisting account and not creating a second service account under your umbrella S-E account. I know early on quite a few people did that because S-E's system is damn convoluted.

If you log into Mogstation, you'll notice that you have a tab titled "Final Fantasy XIV 1". I messed up somewhere when starting the first beta and somehow created a "Final Fantasy XIV 2" tab.

IMBored

Oh yeah, just to add, the beta account definitely carries over since your progress on the beta in 2 days will carry over to the full game.

Just be careful that you are registering the ps3 version to your preexisting account and not creating a second service account under your umbrella S-E account. I know early on quite a few people did that because S-E's system is damn convoluted.

If you log into Mogstation, you'll notice that you have a tab titled "Final Fantasy XIV 1". I messed up somewhere when starting the first beta and somehow created a "Final Fantasy XIV 2" tab.

Happened to me. Funnily enough, when I went to register my PS3 version, the process was much more clear (as I had an account already created, and it states what licenses are in each account).

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
You'll discover that they don't make it easy to cross platform play though. Configuration information is stored locally on the console, so you'll need to setup your UI (including all of your actions on the hotbars) again for the new platform. They don't even store gear sets server-side, which is beyond stupid.

I've actually stopped playing on PC because of this. Maybe they'll be able to do it for PS3/PS4.
What? This is horrible. So every time I make a change on one I need to make a mental log to do it on the other platform?

As someone who intends to switch between PC and PS4 quite regularly they need to fix this. It hurts my head just thinking about it.

Interfectum

I've never played the game before, can I just download the beta now and have it ready to play tomorrow? This is open for everyone right?

Just to follow up. The beta and final version sit side by side on PS4. You will need to download the new client guys.

Will the PS4 beta version I have now (from Feb) be updated when the servers go live tomorrow, or will I have to delete the current version on my HDD and download the FFXIV beta that's available now from the PSN store?

What? This is horrible. So every time I make a change on one I need to make a mental log to do it on the other platform?

As someone who intends to switch between PC and PS4 quite regularly they need to fix this. It hurts my head just thinking about it.

actually you don't need to do it often, you just set it up once on each and it will be like that always. But, if you change something on one you have to change it on the other.

I hope they add what they had on FFXI. It was a system where you would upload your UI preferences on the server and you could download them anywhere.

Aeana

Is there any space left in the FC? Didn't get to make my char yesterday, will probably only get a chance to tomorrow night.

8am GMT. Time to work.
There is space, and I imagine that we're going to end up removing some of the more inactive folks again soon. We're well aware of the number of PS4 players who want to join us, so hopefully we can accommodate.

rrc1594

I just got a PS4 for ISS and MLB14, but also for FFXIV. I know it's been on pS3 since summer, but my PS3 broke down before it was released. The only MMO I played is DCUO( I can't wait to play again) so would it be hard to convert from DCUO.

DO we have a GAFGuild

Clockwork5

Never thought I would be getting into this game, but it has a surprisingly good reputation among the PC community. Downloading the beta right now. Does the PS4 support usb wireless keyboards and mice? Or is it BT only?

How are the dungeons in this game? Would consider rolling a healer if group play is fun but balanced and challenging.

studyguy

really hope they fixed/added the following:

larger NPC text
readible remote play text
30 fps cap option

The increased the UI size at the very least. That much is confirmed.
I doubt the NPC bubble text was increased, they refuse to even do it on PC, hopefully down the line.

IMBored

I just got a PS4 for ISS and MLB14, but also for FFXIV. I know it's been on pS3 since summer, but my PS3 broke down before it was released. The only MMO I played is DCUO( I can't wait to play again) so would it be hard to convert from DCUO.

DO we have a GAFGuild

There are gaf guilds for many of the servers, check this thread:
FFXIV Comunity thread

Never thought I would be getting into this game, but it has a surprisingly good reputation among the PC community. Downloading the beta right now. Does the PS4 support usb wireless keyboards and mice? Or is it BT only?

Yes, PS4 supports wireless usb keyboards/Mice.

Stuart444

I look forward to seeing some of the fresh blood with the PS4 release :). Hope to see most of you in the official release and not just the beta :p hehe.

Dunan

So I finally reached Level 50! How does the game change now? Obviously there are no new abilities to gain in your main class, nor is there a reason to gain experience points. I've still got some story missions to do, and there are several Lv. 50 dungeons that I haven't had the chance to visit yet. Looking forward to those!

Are there rewards for doing old dungeons to help others out? What's all this about tomestones?

I'd suggest looking at which city you want to start in. Aesthetics plays into the enjoyment.

Then I'd suggest archer because they can move around and attack.

Indeed, an Archer will continue to prepare an attack even if you move, unlike the mages.

OTOH, starting as an Archer means you start in Gridania, which, at night, has some of the darkest and least visible terrain. (Once I almost considered just standing in place until night passed so I could see where I was going!) Ul'dah, on the other hand, is mostly reflective desert and rarely becomes too dark to traverse. Limsa is in the middle, but leans lighter than Gridania.

Ultimately, after trying classes from all three cities in the beta, Ul'dah reminded me a lot of FFXII's Dalmasca, so I chose it, and went with Thaumaturge.

Aeana

So I finally reached Level 50! How does the game change now? Obviously there are no new abilities to gain in your main class, nor is there a reason to gain experience points. I've still got some story missions to do, and there are several Lv. 50 dungeons that I haven't had the chance to visit yet. Looking forward to those!

Are there rewards for doing old dungeons to help others out? What's all this about tomestones?
This is a question better asked in the OT, but I'll answer.

At 50, the game is about gearing up. As you tackle new challenges, you'll get better gear. Tomestones are rewards from bosses in level 50 dungeons. Currently, there are tomestones of mythology, which you can earn as many of as you want, which can be used to purchase item level 90 gear, and tomestones of soldiery, which you can only earn 450 of per week, which purchase item level 100 gear (which is upgradeable to item level 110 with an item that drops in the Second Binding Coil of Bahamut).

Of course, at level 50, the story doesn't end. There's new story quests added in every major content patch, Hildibrand quests, etc. It's just not running dungeons over and over again for gear (although once you exhaust the quests, it does kinda devolve into that).

The duty roulette will reward you for going back to help lower level players, but otherwise there isn't a specific reward for that.

Moonkeis

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but this current PS4 client, will you be able to continue using it during the PS4 launch? I already have a account from PC, was hoping to avoid having to purchase another disc just to install the game to play on the console.

Aeana

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but this current PS4 client, will you be able to continue using it during the PS4 launch? I already have a account from PC, was hoping to avoid having to purchase another disc just to install the game to play on the console.
Yes, the client that is availabale on PSN right now will carry over to launch.

I look forward to seeing some of the fresh blood with the PS4 release :). Hope to see most of you in the official release and not just the beta :p hehe.

Got the PS4 CE preordered! Plan on being a Lancer and then becoming a Dragoon. Haven't been this excited for a MMO in a while.

DeviantBoi

Gonna try out this beta as well.

I need to download it on my PS3 and activate my account to get the free month. I'll do that the day the PS4 version goes live at launch.

Interfectum

Alright I'll jump in the Ultros server as well. Should be fun. Are there a lot of fan service callbacks to past Final Fantasies in this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom