• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
reminds me... i need to buy a usb extension cable so i can finally fit my wirless keyboard usb dongle into my ps4

Hedrush

Can't believe you need to download a new client, that's pretty dumb. I kept beta phase 1 client on my ps4 with the assumption it would just be patched. I guess I better go download the new client just now so I'm ready for tomorrow. I can see me playing this ALOT. I really really enjoyed phase 1, I didn't play anything else except that during beta 1.

Interfectum

Can't believe you need to download a new client, that's pretty dumb. I kept beta phase 1 client on my ps4 with the assumption it would just be patched. I guess I better go download the new client just now so I'm ready for tomorrow. I can see me playing this ALOT. I really really enjoyed phase 1, I didn't play anything else except that during beta 1.

If you keep your PS4 on standby just log on the website and queue it to download.

Dynamic3

I have yet to launch the PS3 version I purchased when it was on sale. Should I launch it and create an account prior to starting the PS4 beta?

Sophia

I have yet to launch the PS3 version I purchased when it was on sale. Should I launch it and create an account prior to starting the PS4 beta?

You will need to do so in order to perform the free one way upgrade to the PS4 version. But you don't need to do so for the beta.

Aeana

I wonder how any spots we have left, sooner the better I'd say. Bring 1.0 items with you to sell pls, Raijinken will love you
Not gonna speak for Maple, but looking at the FC list we have quite a few people once again who haven't logged on in weeks, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were another culling.

King_Moc

Banned
So....this time if I play the PS4 beta, I can log onto my existing character on Ultros and essentially play as normal? Am I reading that right?

studyguy

hmm
is 3 days enough to complete 2.2 storyline?

You have to be 50 to even start the 2.2 storyline unfortunately.
If you're not, then it'll be a hell of a weekend. If you are, then you can clear it in a couple of hours with some dedication.

The rest of the content in 2.2 however is pretty hefty.

jiggle

You have to be 50 to even start the 2.2 storyline unfortunately.
If you're not, then it'll be a hell of a weekend. If you are, then you can clear it in a couple of hours with some dedication.

The rest of the content in 2.2 however is pretty hefty.
oh good good
Looking forward to seeing the new character

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Have this preordered. Going to try the beta and if I don't enjoy it, I'll cancel it. Hope I do though!

Will download continue if I stick PS4 on standby?

Lashley

Downloaded it within an hour whilst I watched the soaps (heheh)

All sorted for tomorrow. 8am UK for other Brits, can't wait.

Number45

Guys I don't know what class to roll!
You should be thinking of what behind you want to spend countless hours looking at instead.

Downloaded it within an hour whilst I watched the soaps (heheh)

All sorted for tomorrow. 8am UK for other Brits, can't wait.
Make sure you launch it for the patch (which I don't think is very big, but the less you have to wait the better).

Lashley

Launched it and it said servers were down so I'll just have to do it tomorrow.

Is the game easy or hard to pick up?

Jomjom

Banned
If I get a retail PS4 copy of this, will I be able to play without using the disc?

Yes you don't need to have the disc in the PS4 after you've got the client installed and your code registered.

Launched it and it said servers were down so I'll just have to do it tomorrow.

Is the game easy or hard to pick up?

I feel the game has that perfect balance of easy to pick up, but has a lot of depth to master, especially with new fights and content being released periodically. The basics are all really easy to pick up, but there's a lot to master to get the full potential out of your job, and then you have to put it all together, while reacting to the more difficult boss mechanics.

Even if you don't aspire to be the MVP DPS in your party (shhh don't tell anyone if you are using a parser), you can be middle of the road and still beat most of the fights and have fun.

Lashley

Hopefully I pick it up quickly.

Whats a good beginner class? Also what's the funnest class?

Korezo

Is transfer of servers still free if you never used the free transfer service way back in October? I have to get out of Excalibur, that server was terrible and was why I quit the game after a month.

Jomjom

Banned
Hopefully I pick it up quickly.

Whats a good beginner class? Also what's the funnest class?

If you've never really played MMOs, play a DPS class, but maybe not one of the summon classes as that has a lot of micromanaging and worrying both about yourself and your pet. I would probably go with an archer/bard, pugilist/monk, lancer/dragoon, or thaumaturge/blm. Not to say that there's no complexity with those jobs, but even if you don't do your rotations perfectly you won't sink the entire party like you can being a tank or healer.

If you like being able to attack while being mobile, start as an archer. I personally like monk because of all the different stances and being close quarters. Dragoon is similar, and I personally am not into magic casting DPS. But nice thing about this game is you can be all the classes on one character, so just try out each one for yourself and see what fits your play style.

Basically, with a tank or healer class you're gonna be responsible for keeping the other guys alive, and if you fail that, people will be pissed. With a DPS, the worst you get is some jerk saying that his DPS numbers are higher than yours, at which point you can report him for using an unauthorized 3rd party program modifying the game.

Is transfer of servers still free if you never used the free transfer service way back in October? I have to get out of Excalibur, that server was terrible.

No you have to pay now regardless of whether you used it or not. It's not one free transfer per account, it was just free during that period.

Aeana

I am confused.

Can we use our PS3 characters in the Beta or is it just the character you create now will carry over?
The beta is on live servers. Any character that exists on the live servers can be played in the beta. And any character created in the beta will exist on the live servers, thus into launch.

Lashley

If you've never really played MMOs, play a DPS class, but maybe not one of the summon classes as that has a lot of micromanaging and worrying both about yourself and your pet. I would probably go with an archer/bard, pugilist/monk, lancer/dragoon, or thaumaturge/blm. Not to say that there's no complexity with those jobs, but even if you don't do your rotations perfectly you won't sink the entire party like you can being a tank or healer.

If you like being able to attack while being mobile, start as an archer. I personally like monk because of all the different stances and being close quarters. Dragoon is similar, and I personally am not into magic casting DPS. But nice thing about this game is you can be all the classes on one character, so just try out each one for yourself and see what fits your play style.

Basically, with a tank or healer class you're gonna be responsible for keeping the other guys alive, and if you fail that, people will be pissed. With a DPS, the worst you get is some jerk saying that his DPS numbers are higher than yours, at which point you can report him for using an unauthorized 3rd party program modifying the game.

No you have to pay now regardless of whether you used it or not. It's not one free transfer per account, it was just free during that period.

Played lots of MMOs mate, I'll likely start as DPS, I usually go healer.

What server are all the Europeans going to use on here?

The beta is on live servers. Any character that exists on the live servers can be played in the beta. And any character created in the beta will exist on the live servers, thus into launch.

And, say I'm a PS3 user, the license transfer won't happen until the 11th but I can still use my PS3 toon, right?

Jomjom

Banned
Played lots of MMOs mate, I'll likely start as DPS, I usually go healer.

What server are all the Europeans going to use on here?

Ah then you'll pick it up super fast. The only bad thing about DPS as opposed to healer is that you'll be in queue longer. Healers basically get insta-queued for any of the raid content, whereas DPS usually need to wait 10-20 minutes. Also healers get a unicorn mount while DPS get nothing.

Lashley

Ah then you'll pick it up super fast. The only bad thing about DPS as opposed to healer is that you'll be in queue longer. Healers basically get insta-queued for any of the raid content, whereas DPS usually need to wait 10-20 minutes. Also healers get a unicorn mount while DPS get nothing.

Always the same way mate.

How do the healers get a free mount? Can't I just swap my job to healer to get the mount? or begin as healer get mount then swap to dps?

jiggle

Always the same way mate.

How do the healers get a free mount? Can't I just swap my job to healer to get the mount? or begin as healer get mount then swap to dps?
When u reach lv 30 on conjurer
You get a quest to get the mount
Doesn't matter what job you start at
Since you can play every job in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom