• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea it really is………man dammit.

At 70% in 15 mins but don't know if we have to do an actual game download and update after, hope not I want to get logged in quickly before work.

Edit- 580.13MB update to download after but going really fast.

Edit 2 - The actual Play button was not displaying for me after all updates are done, it is there but you just can't see it. Just click where it should be and it starts up.

fedexpeon

Banned
Hmm, is there new contents for FF14 yet?
I stopped playing after getting my relic+1.
I would love to play this game again on the PS4, and explore the new stuff if there is any.

CLBridges

Logged into my main character and server Siren. Feels good to be playing my main in 1080p on PS4. Nothing else to do today except play this, have fun folks!

Naar

I keep getting an error when i try to transfer PS3 > PS4 settings.

Everything is updated. Any idea whats happening?

I keep getting an error when i try to transfer PS3 > PS4 settings.

Everything is updated. Any idea whats happening?

*nevermind* I was having that issue also.

But I decided to just launch the game anyway, and when I selected my server and watched the cut scene, my PS3 character was there for selection. AAAAWWWWW YYYYEEEAAAAA!!!

Kojak Sirfist (he's a pugilist, thus the name, lol)

Naar

*nevermind* I was having that issue also.

But I decided to just launch the game anyway, and when I selected my server and watched the cut scene, my PS3 character was there for selection. AAAAWWWWW YYYYEEEAAAAA!!!

Kojak Sirfist (he's a pugilist, thus the name, lol)

I can log into my character just fine. But my whole hotbar, etc is reset obviously. I tried 3 times to transfer and every time i get an error and i must exit the game and start it up again. :/

Stuart444

I can log into my character just fine. But my whole hotbar, etc is reset obviously. I tried 3 times to transfer and every time i get an error and i must exit the game and start it up again. :/

Maybe it's a lot of people trying it at once? Never the less, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Naar

Maybe it's a lot of people trying it at once? Never the less, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

That's what i was thinking. Was thinking I should try again in a few minutes. I was kinda relieved when I saw others post that they could transfer just fine. So I know it works!

coughlanio

Is it just me, or does the game on PS4 look a bit better than the PC version?

The shadows seem way better/cleaner. Did anyone notice the graphics configuration to switch from Standard HD to Maximum Full HD?

Also, 30 FPS?

Stuart444

If you are having an issue transferring PS3 -> PS4, go onto the PS3 launcher and do it there first then go onto the PS4 and do it. That should work

IMBored

Trying to focus on work so time passes quickly. Caved in and started listening to twitch streams. Most of the streamers don't speak, and the ones that do are japanese.

phierce

Anyone else received an error when patching? Twice in a row I've gotten to ~30 seconds left and get an error saying unable to patch.

Edit: Never mind. False alarm! Third go patched fine.

Noi

I wish we had the option to copy screenshots directly from the PS4 now, but this'll do I guess. I took a screenshot of me in the same spot in the PS3 version a few days ago, as well as one of the PS4 version now. Both compressed to hell due to how they're taken on both systems, but they get the point across.

PS3:
onixsunblade04_02_201mqsp8.png
PS4:
BkXl_mvIQAALUx5.jpg:large

IMBored

I wish we had the option to copy screenshots directly from the PS4 now, but this'll do I guess. I took a screenshot of me in the same spot in the PS3 version a few days ago, as well as one of the PS4 version now. Both compressed to hell due to how they're taken on both systems, but they get the point across.

PS3:

PS4:

I noticed a massive difference when I booted the PS3 version yesterday, in graphics and fps.
Also, how did you get there?

Korezo

Wow there's a huge graphical difference from when I played 6 months ago, even certain zones changed. Game looks better than when I played max on pc.

Number45

PS3:

PS4:
Can not fucking wait to get home. :'(

Anything for PC players?
I suspect this functionality is piggy-backing on the PSN infrastructure, or maybe the config files are different on PC?

orion434

Wait a second... if I transfer my character to the PS4 now, will I still be able to play with my FC members? Or will I have to wait until the 11th when the beta is over?

KiraXD

Wait a second... if I transfer my character to the PS4 now, will I still be able to play with my FC members? Or will I have to wait until the 11th when the beta is over?

I logged into my FC from PS3 version to the PS4 beta... i didnt even transfer anything... just logged in with my ID and had all my stuff from PS3 version as well as my FC... a few people were on... although i have no idea if they were doing PS4 beta currently...

Number45

Don't think of this as a transfer. For all intents and purposes you're just connecting to everything the same way, but from a different place.

phierce

Game looks absolutely amazing compared to when I was playing several months ago, but fuck, it's like learning to walk all over again. So much has changed and so many new things! I need to read up on all the changes and pretty much relearn my classes haha.

Looking forward to it!

Stuart444

Asked this in the OT but anyone know how to change the chat size/drag the chat to make it bigger? it's not selectable in HUD layout unfortunate and I can't select the corner using the virtual mouse (that just selects the chat when I press it, rather than allowing me to drag it)

Atolm

Is macro transfer (PS3->PS4) working for anyone?. Been months since the last time I played on PS3, booted the beta a few mins ago and I'm totally lost without my bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom