• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

phierce

Is macro transfer (PS3->PS4) working for anyone?. Been months since the last time I played on PS3, booted the beta a few mins ago and I'm totally lost without my bars.
Didn't work for me. I'm currently reinstalling the PS3 version because someone earlier mentioned it would work if you initiate the transfer from PS3 -> PS4.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Downloading the update file now. Absolutely no idea what to expect as I've seen nothing of this game other than the fancy cgi trailers

sgtmofo

Neo Member
If you are getting key validation errors when launching the client, just go to the PS Store and confirm the download for the beta client again. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DELETE AND RE-DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT, Re-confirming the purchase of the beta client will stop the validation error. Seems to only be happening to users who downloaded the client at various times between Apr. 1st and Apr. 3rd

Asked this in the OT but anyone know how to change the chat size/drag the chat to make it bigger? it's not selectable in HUD layout unfortunate and I can't select the corner using the virtual mouse (that just selects the chat when I press it, rather than allowing me to drag it)
If you have any USB mouse, try plugging that into your PS4 and using that. It will let you drag the corner.

Atolm

Didn't work for me. I'm currently reinstalling the PS3 version because someone earlier mentioned it would work if you initiate the transfer from PS3 -> PS4.

I can confirm that it works that way. You need to do it from a PS3. Thankfully I still had the game installed.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i neeeed to get back to this but ugh i have to go to happy hour with my girl and a bunch of friends tonight #firstworldproblems

CLBridges

Asked this in the OT but anyone know how to change the chat size/drag the chat to make it bigger? it's not selectable in HUD layout unfortunate and I can't select the corner using the virtual mouse (that just selects the chat when I press it, rather than allowing me to drag it)

Hold L1 and then press down on R3/right analog stick to bring up mouse mode on PS4. Then hover your mouse over the top right corner of the chat. L2 is your left mouse clicker, so you hold down L2 and re-size the window with your right analog stick. Hold L1 and press down on R3 to exit mouse mode. Hope that helps.

Is there any way to change it to what it was? I was fine with it because I play on a monitor, wouldn't want it for remote play.
You can edit the size of most UI elements but I'm having trouble getting the dialogue windows back to the way they were, unfortunately. The Main Menu seems to be permanently huge as well.

aceface

If you are getting key validation errors when launching the client, just go to the PS Store and confirm the download for the beta client again. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DELETE AND RE-DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT, Re-confirming the purchase of the beta client will stop the validation error. Seems to only be happening to users who downloaded the client at various times between Apr. 1st and Apr. 3rd

Is this the "You are not authorized to use the PS4 beta" error message I was getting?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Jesus Christ, are all MMOs this complicated?

How do you find the location of a quest? I've managed to find 2 of the first quests you are given but I'm now looking to talk to a market trader about how it works? Can't find any indication of where he/she is. I only found the others by accident.

Number45

Jesus Christ, are all MMOs this complicated?

How do you find the location of a quest?
If it's a quest you're on you can open the quest (select twice will get you to the duty list, up/down to highlight the quest and X to open it up) and then click the map button at the bottom of the description. I'll warn you though, the mapping in this isn't the best by any means if you're traversing zones - it takes some acclimatisation.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
click quest it pin points the location. or follow the exit it points so you know where to go. easy from that.

What pointer? Everything on the mad looks the same design and the same colour so it just looks like a mess of nonsense to me lol.

I've had to shut it down for now because I was getting so frigin' stressed!!! HELP this old man someone.

catmario

QJFrsYw.jpg

Update speed is really awful.

Reeeeeeeeally hard to wait

Number45

Update speed is really awful.

Reeeeeeeeally hard to wait
Huge image is huge!

Also, this is why we downloaded last night.

So there should be a shield on the screen ... I guess I'll try it later, I've got an appointment soon and, to be frank, I'm relishing the break.
If you're in the vicinity it'll be on your screen, if you're in the same zone it'll be on the map - if it's in another zone it'll be linked from the map. That's when it can get a bit confusing.

FFXIV-ARR-Name-your-chocobo.png

Assuming that displays, that's what the icon looks like for a quest objective NPC. If it's mobs you're after you'll see an orange circle on the map.

Takes a little getting used to, but you'll get there.

Gaz_RB

This is an open beta right? It's tellin me to register my promo code or something...

I uploaded this photo from iphone directly, so That's why dat image is soo big. :)

I should have to resize it.

Aaaand another download begins. It really take a long time on my internet. :(
Just quote it

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Huge image is huge!

Also, this is why we downloaded last night.

If you're in the vicinity it'll be on your screen, if you're in the same zone it'll be on the map - if it's in another zone it'll be linked from the map. That's when it can get a bit confusing.

FFXIV-ARR-Name-your-chocobo.png

Assuming that displays, that's what the icon looks like for a quest objective NPC. If it's mobs you're after you'll see an orange circle on the map.

Takes a little getting used to, but you'll get there.

Ok, I found it but only by running around. I'm sure I'll get used to it but why on earth does it need to be this complicated?

Gaz_RB

Ok, I found it but only by running around. I'm sure I'll get used to it but why on earth does it need to be this complicated?
Part of the interest in MMOs comes from their complexity and how deep they can be. Unfortunately, with that comes a steep learning curve. Keep at it and you'll begin to understand everything through osmosis and exposure.

Just go to the psn store online and reconfirm the download. Worked for me.
Thanks man, that worked.

It may seem a bit intimidating at first, but I promise you that it is not. Once you get used to opening the journal and selecting the quest that you want to pursue, you will realize how simple it is to find your objective. Also, expand the map to full screen the next time you pull it up.

Just remember, always use the journal's map instead of the regular map to find your quest objectives easily.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
i think you're missing something, it shouldn't be difficult. did you turn off your map icons or something?

No idea lol. I'm going to have to give this a rest before I blow a fuse. I'll try it later, but thanks.

edit: How do you expand the map to full screen?

Number45

Complexity keeps you playing (or breaks your interest) - it's a pretty useful thing to sustain a subscription model. :)

No idea lol. I'm going to have to give this a rest before I blow a fuse. I'll try it later, but thanks.

I'm not sure you can. If so, it'll be in the options.

Gaz_RB

Damn now it says when I try to log in that my account has been flagged for suspicious activity and to check my email for further instructions. If I remember correctly, SE was horrible at sending out emails last beta.

Number45

Damn now it says when I try to log in that my account has been flagged for suspicious activity and to check my email for further instructions. If I remember correctly, SE was horrible at sending out emails last beta.
I think this happens when you login from multiple IPs without having an authenticator associated with your account. :(

If you've got an iPhone/Android phone, get the software token associated with your account (when you can get back in) and this will go away.

Gaz_RB

I think this happens when you login from multiple IPs without having an authenticator associated with your account. :(

If you've got an iPhone/Android phone, get the software token associated with your account (when you can get back in) and this will go away.
Yeah, I just switched to a different ISP. I guess I'll just wait for the email. Probably for the best so i can actually do something productive today haha. Thanks.

dramatis

What pointer? Everything on the mad looks the same design and the same colour so it just looks like a mess of nonsense to me lol.

I've had to shut it down for now because I was getting so frigin' stressed!!! HELP this old man someone.
Maybe this will be helpful for a lot of general play: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/ps4/

Moreover, there should be pop ups that look like this:
rNax9t0.jpg

Click the touchpad twice to get to it, and then read carefully. If you're a complete newcomer to the game and to MMOs, these "Active Help" windows are very useful.

To view past Active Help topics, you can press Options on the DS4 and go to the System category in the Main Menu, 'Active Help' will be an option there.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
There any particular world to pick or is it just any? Eu worlds btw

Number45

Maybe this will be helpful for a lot of general play: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/ps4/

Moreover, there should be pop ups that look like this:
rNax9t0.jpg

Click the touchpad twice to get to it, and then read carefully. If you're a complete newcomer to the game and to MMOs, these "Active Help" windows are very useful.

To view past Active Help topics, you can press Options on the DS4 and go to the System category in the Main Menu, 'Active Help' will be an option there.
I dismissed so many of these that popped up in dungeons because I didn't want to make people wait. :'(

There any particular world to pick or is it just any? Eu worlds btw
If you want to play with the majority of people who post in the OT you'll want to pick Ultros (EU and NA servers are in the same physical location, and there are many EU players on there without issue, myself included).

Number45

Whats the most fun class that you guuys can recommend?
You're going to get a raft of different opinions with a question like that. :)

Have you played an MMO before? If so did you prefer tanking, healing or DPS? Probably the best place to start.

If you haven't played one before, pick a DPS class which would be (I think) Archer (ranged character that uses bows), Lancer (melee DPS that uses polearms), Monk (melee DPS that uses fist weapons and Thaumaturge (ranged spell-casting).

Open the map by pressing the square button. Then, hold L1 and press R3 to put the controller in mouse mode. Then, move the mouse cursor to the lower-right corner of the map, then hold the L2 trigger, and then drag the map (with the right analog stick) to make it as big as possible.

Then, hold L1 and click R3 again to exit mouse mode. Every time you open your map for now on, it will be much bigger.

EDIT: Here's a link for the gamepad controls:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/ps4/manual/

Whats the most fun class that you guuys can recommend?

If you prefer controlling the flow of battles, roll tank. (Gladiator, Marauder)

If you prefer keeping people alive, roll healer. (Conjurer, Arcanist -> Scholar)

If you prefer shaving chunks off of a mobs health, roll DPS. (Every other class)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom