• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Has anyone who played the PS4 version ran higher level content, large fates, etc?

I know the performance is fine in cities and in barren dungeons, but i want to know the high choke points, how those run.

No issues in the Lost City of Ampadoor or the Battle on the Big Bridge. I tried to do a Crystal Tower, but the queue was taking forever as a healer.

Interfectum

A buddy of mine (who just got a PS4) tried to play the FF14 beta and it told him something like "wait 24 hours and try again." Has anyone run into this? What did he do wrong?

Ascenion

Is there a Free Company for GAF? I'm in the Giant Bomb one on Ultros and I feel like a outcast. College has kept me away for about 6 months looking for a fresh start sorta.

Yondy604

Banned
I guess I am not destined to start over again.

I am trying to log into PS4.

But I can't change my Square Enix ID. It lets me change my SEpassword, but not my ID. I just wanna change it to the new account I made, and it's refusing to let me. Greyed out I guess.

Brutal.

Aeana

Is there a Free Company for GAF? I'm in the Giant Bomb one on Ultros and I feel like a outcast. College has kept me away for about 6 months looking for a fresh start sorta.

If you're in GBomb on Ultros, surely you've seen people with the <GAF> tag around? :)

Atolm

So what's the way to level up now? Fates are crowded with high lvl players farming something but you barely see low lvl. Instances, I guess?

Kemal86

I guess I am not destined to start over again.

I am trying to log into PS4.

But I can't change my Square Enix ID. It lets me change my SEpassword, but not my ID. I just wanna change it to the new account I made, and it's refusing to let me. Greyed out I guess.

Brutal.

I think your PSN ID is linked to a single SQENIX ID. When you first do the link it gives a bunch of warnings about it.

Aeana

So what's the way to level up now? Fates are crowded with high lvl players farming something but you barely see low lvl. Instances, I guess?

They raised the dungeon experience dramatically, and that combined with the duty roulette bonus, it's easy to level that way. They also added the challenge log in 2.2 which is a great source of exp, and they made the guildhest bonus exp to apply to each class individually rather than the character. They also boosted leve exp.

SighFight

Trying to play this but the last hour hads been updating, installing, updating, preparing, updating. Is this 580 mb patch the last one? Starting to be annoying.

For those on Ultros, it's mainly active in the evening hours in North America. It's the working North American person's server.

This is true of all MMOs outside of the launch window excepting games like EVE which pile the entire world's players into one huge server. Most of us have to work for a living you know!

zychi

Banned
so how do i upgrade my ps3 version to ps4?

i have a sub on pc
i have the ps4 beta on my ps4
i am currently trying to update my ps3 version

Gaz_RB

So I just figured out my account issue. Apparently SE's account system saves the email as case sensitive, and when I signed up on the PS4 I had a capital at the beginning of my email -__-

SE customer service guy was amazingly helpful though. Fast and super friendly.

Drame

The game runs really well now, compared to phase 1. The touch pad controls feel a lot tighter too.

I'm just wondering if I should re-roll and join GAF on Ultros as most of my pals at my old server have stopped playing the game or migrated to somewhere else. How's the european situation on Ultros any server issues or whatnot?

Cmagus

Looks nice

BkZbiSUCMAE-MJl.jpg:orig

Garland7G

You guys think it would be ok to stream/share videos of the beta? Since its an open beta and I didn't see an NDA I figure it would be fine but I want to be sure. ;)

The game runs really well now, compared to phase 1. The touch pad controls feel a lot tighter too.

I'm just wondering if I should re-roll and join GAF on Ultros as most of my pals at my old server have stopped playing the game or migrated to somewhere else. How's the european situation on Ultros any server issues or whatnot?
The servers are all in Canada, so the lag will be the same. There are plenty of european folks in Ultros so you should be fine.

I will be transfarring to Ultros now, what do I have to do to join Gaf?
Register at the guild site, make an application there, then go in the game and find someone from GAF. Right click them (or Square Button), choose to view the company profile, and submit an application through there. If you can't find anyone, you can send a tell to one of the officers.

You guys think it would be ok to stream/share videos of the beta? Since its an open beta and I didn't see an NDA I figure it would be fine but I want to be sure. ;)
Make sure you push the Share button after you're logged in. For some reason the game gives me an error if I try to stream the title screen or opening cutscene.

Not enjoying this. The constant unnecessary text for quests is very boring and annoying, the quests themselves are dull and I've yet to
receive a quest where I can use combat. Will try and stick with it.

1-30 is basically one giant tutorial with the main storyline getting a bit more interesting around level 20. Things get much better from there on out.

GAF FC has pretty much dominated the server since day 1. Surprising that you haven't seen any of us running around. You are welcome to join us!

Yes. We picked up some recent members because they had initially rolled on other servers with friends who eventually stopped playing, leaving them in the same situation as you. We have a fair amount of EU and US daytime players. During the week when most people are working or in class, I would say 20-40 active concurrent online users during this time versus 80-100+ active concurrent users at US night time. Plenty of people to chat and group with. There is a lot of overlap on the weekend where US and EU get to play together a lot more frequently.

We have two EU members in our Coil group and currently starting Turn 6 this weekend.

I will be transfarring to Ultros now, what do I have to do to join Gaf?

Submit the form on the 'Recruitment' page at http://neogaf.guildwork.com. There are instructions on this same page for how to apply in-game once you have done that.

An officer or leader will review and approve your website application (which will give you full site access and add you to the user list) and then accept your in-game application, which will automatically add you to the FC. You don't have to be online to get accepted.

Submit the form on the 'Recruitment' page at http://neogaf.guildwork.com. There are instructions on this same page for how to apply in-game once you have done that.

An officer or leader will review and approve your website application (which will give you full site access and add you to the user list) and then accept your in-game application, which will automatically add you to the FC. You don't have to be online to get accepted.

Alright, thanks!

I can't seem to find the beta in the store and the link in the op takes me to a page with nothing. Any help?

Go to Games > New > New This Month

Also, for what it's worth, I was able to transfer my character from PS3 to PS4 easily. I had to load up the PS3 version and activate the transfer then switch to the PS4 to complete it.

nikos

Unable to complete version check :(

I need to cap Soldiery and wanted to test T6-9 on PS4. Hopefully they sort everything out before the beta is over.

Noi

On the launcher, on the ps3-> ps4 transfer, are you guys getting an error?

Can we use our previous characters yet?

Yep, every time. Losing patience with this already.

You can use your previous character even without the transfer.

If you're getting an error, you haven't begun the transfer on the PS3 client yet. You have to start it there, move to the PS4 client and /then/ finish it there.

blackflag

Can someone invite me back to the GAF guild on Ultros? I think I got booted when I took a break to wait for the PS4 version.

Character name is Blackflag Jax

blackflag

eww I'd have to update client on PS3 before transferring my UI and stuff....I think maybe I'll start over. I'm behind many patches.

Re-downloading again. It shows up on the PSN Store, but says unavailable. When I tried to launch it, said I didn't have the license. So I restored licenses, and it said I couldn't connect because I didn't have an internet connection. Deleted the software and am re-downloading. Entry on PSN has all sorts of issues (like missing content errors). Not sure if it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom