• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomjom

Banned
Just did a Crystal Tower run on my White Mage. Outside of the mini-boss before King Behemoth, the framerate stayed pretty stable. Most of the time it looked like it was 60 FPS. Overall, the performance is insanely impressive and generally matches the highest end computers.

The Allagan Bomb before King Behemoth hit the framerate pretty hard tho. Only time it dropped down to 30ish. Must have been the size of the room + all the effects.

Yeah I was super impressed (couldn't really tell from the 1st beta because we all had newbie characters and didn't have access to the more graphics intensive dungeons and content). Sitting there and looking at how smooth it is and how sharp the graphics are at 1080p. I was smiling the whole time I was playing last night. Prior to this the best I could do was run it on my laptop with a GT 555M.

Okay, so I transferred to ps3 to ps4, but when I log into ps4 I still can't select my character.

Am I doing something wrong?

Transfer just transfers the hotbars and some settings. After logging in, did you make sure to pick your server center (i.e. Ultros, Adamantoise, etc.)?

Tex117

Banned
Transfer just transfers the hotbars and some settings. After logging in, did you make sure to pick your server center (i.e. Ultros, Adamantoise, etc.)?

It wouldn't let me select a new server...Im on Diabolos. (but want Ultros for the NeoGaf community)

I just had to hit start, and sit through the intro.

Im just where I left off.

Thanks for the advice!

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
How long does it usually take for character creation restrictions to be lifted on servers? Trying to get into Leviathan since my friends are on there.

Jomjom

Banned
It wouldn't let me select a new server...Im on Diabolos. (but want Ultros for the NeoGaf community)

I just had to hit start, and sit through the intro.

Im just where I left off.

Thanks for the advice!

Ok go back to the game's first screen (the screen you see right after the intro and all the logos and whatnot), I think the 3rd option or whatever is Server Center or something. You have to pick the cluster that includes Diabolos. After that, choose the first option to go to your character select and you should see your character.

If you want to choose Ultros and use your existing characters from Diabolos, you will have to pay the fee for a server transfer.

TheMan

Trying my best to get into this but just cant

i find the controls to be kind of daunting, likley because i have very little experience with MMO's. plus, this is a PC game at heart, shoehorned onto a console. since I'm going out of town tomorrow, i doubt i'll ever get the hang of this.

Jomjom

Banned
It's got what I like to call a shitty curve. It sucks a lot for the first 15 levels, and then gets better. I hate having to relevel a character after hitting 20 in the beta.

The nice thing is after you level one job to 50, all the other ones are super fast because they all get boosted xp. Worst thing anyone new can do is level multiple jobs evenly, unless you like the grind. But yeah that initial grind to 50 can be bad, although the first time I played I just did mostly story missions and I enjoyed it, so 50 seemed to come pretty fast.

Jomjom

Banned
I tried to log in and I kept getting errors do I have to redownload?

Did you download the new client that released on PSN yesterday? You cannot use the old one from February and if you downloaded before yesterday, you have to go and hit "Purchase" again from the PSN store.

phierce

So, I played a lot back at launch (2 relics, etc), but haven't played since any of the new patches have dropped. Have a quick and simple question...how do I unlock the roulettes for trials and high level?

Raoh

Will the beta release become the official release digital copy where I just have to pay for the license?

I don't want to transfer my character from PS3 to PS4 I want to be able to play on PC/PS3/PS4 as needed.

My goal was to place a pre order at gamestop as the PSn store doesn't seem to have an official PS4 download/purchase option outside of the beta copy.

Sophia

So, I played a lot back at launch (2 relics, etc), but haven't played since any of the new patches have dropped. Have a quick and simple question...how do I unlock the roulettes for trials and high level?

Complete all of the respective duties within those categories manually. Trials is A Relic Reborn, Gilgamesh, the HM Primals, etc. High Level is Copperbell Hm/Haukke Manor HM/Pharos Sirius.

Will the beta release become the official release digital copy where I just have to pay for the license?

I don't want to transfer my character from PS3 to PS4 I want to be able to play on PC/PS3/PS4 as needed.

My goal was to place a pre order at gamestop as the PSn store doesn't seem to have an official PS4 download/purchase option outside of the beta copy.

You do not transfer your characters. As long as you're using the same service account on all three systems, you'll have the same characters.

phierce

Complete all of the respective duties within those categories manually. Trials is A Relic Reborn, Gilgamesh, the HM Primals, etc. High Level is Copperbell Hm/Haukke Manor HM/Pharos Sirius.
Okay, so I need Gilga for Trials and and the HM dungeons. Thanks for the info.

Also, how's the challenge log work? Unlocked how?

So much shit to relearn. I like it.

Sophia

Okay, so I need Gilga for Trials and and the HM dungeons. Thanks for the info.

Also, how's the challenge log work? Unlocked how?

To unlock the Challenge Log, complete the quest Rising to the Challenge. It's at Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks at x11,y10

The log has several categories, with objectives in each category. They reset weekly. Complete them for the XP/Gil shown.

Raoh

You do not transfer your characters. As long as you're using the same service account on all three systems, you'll have the same characters.

But from what i understood, unless it changed, I have to pay for an individual copy of the PS4 version or my PS3 version becomes unplayable unless I buy a license again.

Or is that no longer the case? That would make the PS4 version free?

I play PC/PS3 but I had to buy the PS3 version it wasn't free.

phierce

To unlock the Challenge Log, complete the quest Rising to the Challenge. It's at Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks at x11,y10

The log has several categories, with objectives in each category. They reset weekly. Complete them for the XP/Gil shown.
Thanks again. Lots of work to do!

Sophia

But from what i understood, unless it changed, I have to pay for an individual copy of the PS4 version or my PS3 version becomes unplayable unless I buy a license again.

Or is that no longer the case? That would make the PS4 version free?

I play PC/PS3 but I had to buy the PS3 version it wasn't free.

If you do the free transfer from PS3 to PS4, you will lose access to the PS3 version. If you wanted to play on the PS3 again, you would have to add a new copy of the game to your account. Nothing would happen to your characters in any case.

There isn't a whole lot of reason to keep the PS3 version however, seeing as the PS4 version is superior in every way.

Raoh

If you do the free transfer from PS3 to PS4, you will lose access to the PS3 version. If you wanted to play on the PS3 again, you would have to add a new copy of the game to your account. Nothing would happen to your characters in any case.

There isn't a whole lot of reason to keep the PS3 version however, seeing as the PS4 version is superior in every way.

Multiple rooms.

PS4 is in the living room, PS3 in the office. Sometimes the wife wants to watch something in the living room, gives me the freedom of being in the office. I could play the PC but I like having the PC up for checking info etc.

i'm going to put my PS4 per order in tomorrow at gamestop so I have the disc for installs then.

Thank you for your help.

Synless

Can we do the PS3-PS4 transfer right now?

Played on Vita...in my bed....Awwwwww yeah

I tried this out. I could see it for crafting or doing quests but the controls aren't that great without the second set of triggers.

It is pretty awesome though. A fifteen year old version of myself would've lost his shit if I could've played ffxi on a handheld device.

Also the game looks great and runs great. Very comparable to ultra. Gives me hope for planetside 2 on ultra!

Can any body advise me, I "initiated" a levequest, and then all of a sudden all of my commands disappeared. So holding down L2 or R2 gave me none of my abilities. Not sure why all my abilities were removed from my hot bar. How do I put them back?

Aeana

Can any body advise me, I "initiated" a levequest, and then all of a sudden all of my commands disappeared. So holding down L2 or R2 gave me none of my abilities. Not sure why all my abilities were removed from my hot bar. How do I put them back?

Try holding R1 and pressing the face buttons to switch bar sets.

Dead

well not really...yet
Jesus, salvaging a square enix member account is a nightmare. Guess I wont be playing this til tomorrow, if at all.

Dynamic3

If you mean the license transfer, no, not yet. That begins on April 11th.

-

The license transfer is not available yet. All you can do is transfer your UI settings over.

So if you have the PS3 version, you can't play with your character in the beta and must wait until 4/11 to do so? Perhaps that's why I'm getting a no service account found error when trying to log in with my PS3 details?

Sophia

So if you have the PS3 version, you can't play with your character in the beta and must wait until 4/11 to do so? Perhaps that's why I'm getting a no service account found error when trying to log in with my PS3 details?

No. You may use your characters in the beta. The license transfer is only for the retail release after the beta is over.

Did you download the new beta client during April 1st to April 3rd? You may need to "repurchase" it from the shop to get the service.

Dynamic3

No. You may use your characters in the beta. The license transfer is only for the retail release after the beta is over.

Did you download the new beta client during April 1st to April 3rd? You may need to "repurchase" it from the shop to get the service.

I may have. Do I simply find it in the store and reselect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom