• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

data transfer
580mb patch
unskippable awesome cg op I've already seen too many times

damnit I just want to play :(

edit: imma stream
Lol first person I bumped into is from DOT

KiraXD

so how do i upgrade my ps3 version to ps4?

i have a sub on pc
i have the ps4 beta on my ps4
i am currently trying to update my ps3 version

i dont think thats active yet... just log in with your ID and your PS3 character will be fully available during the beta... i think once the game goes gold then the PS3 to PS4 transfer button should work...

nevermind me... you have to go into the PS3 version first then the PS4 version... works great!

ahuffman

Banned
Ugh, tried to get on but it keeps crashing during the initial ride into the city. Gave up after 3 tries and went back to the show. Will try again later, I will be on Ultros for sure.

btkadams

I'm confused. We have to do the PS3 to PS4 transfer now to use our current characters in the beta? Does that mean we can't play the PS3 game again during the downtime between PS4 beta phase 2 and release??

Tex117

Banned
You can use your previous character even without the transfer.

If you're getting an error, you haven't begun the transfer on the PS3 client yet. You have to start it there, move to the PS4 client and /then/ finish it there.
You and your fancy ways.

Will try right now! Thanks

Can someone invite me back to the GAF guild on Ultros? I think I got booted when I took a break to wait for the PS4 version.

Character name is Blackflag Jax

Find anyone with a GAF tag in-game, examine them and view company info. You can apply in-game from there. Just leave a note that you were in the GAF FC before.

Sophia

I'm confused. We have to do the PS3 to PS4 transfer now to use our current characters in the beta? Does that mean we can't play the PS3 game again during the downtime between PS4 beta phase 2 and release??

The transfer is just for hotkeys, UI settings, and macros. You don't need to do the transfer. You'll need to set everything up again in regards to where your abilities are however.

Can you use a PC character on the PS4 version? If you can, is it like a one time transfer?

You don't need to do any transferring or anything. Just log in with your PC info and link your PSN with your Square-Enix account (if it isn't already.) Your characters will be there.

Mr. RHC

Ahh new blood, good! Welcome!

FTxEvlj.gif

Flarin

I've changed my password twice now and it keeps saying my PW is wrong :\ currently re-downloading now to see if that fixes it.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

I've changed my password twice now and it keeps saying my PW is wrong : currently re-downloading now to see if that fixes it.

This was a problem during the first beta. Happened to my brother and, not sure if this is what fixed it but we made sure not to use the auto complete function on the PS4 when logging in.

Number45

I've changed my password twice now and it keeps saying my PW is wrong :\ currently re-downloading now to see if that fixes it.

Have you tried logging into the Mogstation? If you get the same thing there it's not likely to be a problem with the client.

Moonkeis

Argh, my PSN ID was attached to my Beta account I used on the PS3. Looks like I will have to send SE an e-mail to see if they are still doing the one time reset.

Ok so I exported the data for my character from the PS3 then imported on the PS4, but none of my sets or commands appear. This is a problem. Anyone get it to work?

Flarin

Have you tried logging into the Mogstation? If you get the same thing there it's not likely to be a problem with the client.

I was able to log into Mogstation no problem. I'll just wait until the download finishes and hope for the best. Thanks for the tip.

Ryhian

I believe this is possible, I just want to be sure.

Currently have ps4 beta in which I created my SE account during phase 1 beta and linked to my psn ID. When I go through process on beta 2 it has permanent options: beta phase 1 or I can create a new service account. I'm planning on getting ps3 version tomorrow to login with psn ID. If I continue with the permanent option for beta phase 1 will I have any issues getting my ps3 license transferred over?

Jomjom

Banned
Ok so I exported the data for my character from the PS3 then imported on the PS4, but none of my sets or commands appear. This is a problem. Anyone get it to work?

I did this the moment the announcement went up last night and it worked almost perfectly. The only thing it didn't seem to carry over were my Character and System Configuration settings. I don't know if those were supposed to be transferable though. I know the HUD does NOT transfer.

Find anyone with a GAF tag in-game, examine them and view company info. You can apply in-game from there. Just leave a note that you were in the GAF FC before.

Im trying to do this now but the application box doesn't bring up a text box to enter in and i have no keyboard lol :/

edit: never mind I am blind, application sent

Noi

Been having fun just sitting and re-confuring my HUD now that I have the option to mix and match the cross-bar and keyboard bars. I think I've found a sweet spot that I really like, though I'll have to run a dungeon or two to really see if I dig it. I love the simpler "main menu" that PC users have had way more than the one that's on controller mode by default.

Edit: Huh, the screenshot actually has the corner stuff not as glued to the corner as it is on my TV. Ah well.

Been watching streams all day... just two more hours to go until I can get home and jump on to join you guys! Hope I don't run into any server issues later this evening.

Been having fun just sitting and re-confuring my HUD now that I have the option to mix and match the cross-bar and keyboard bars. I think I've found a sweet spot that I really like, though I'll have to run a dungeon or two to really see if I dig it. I love the simpler "main menu" that PC users have had way more than the one that's on controller mode by default.

Edit: Huh, the screenshot actually has the corner stuff not as glued to the corner as it is on my TV. Ah well.

Either your TV is overscanning, see if there's a "just-scan" option for your TV.

Otherwise, the game might utilize the "screen size" setting on in the PS4's settings menu. Not sure if it does or doesn't.

Sophia

Just did a Crystal Tower run on my White Mage. Outside of the mini-boss before King Behemoth, the framerate stayed pretty stable. Most of the time it looked like it was 60 FPS. Overall, the performance is insanely impressive and generally matches the highest end computers.

The Allagan Bomb before King Behemoth hit the framerate pretty hard tho. Only time it dropped down to 30ish. Must have been the size of the room + all the effects.

This was at the 1080p setting, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom