• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ultros is full :(

Will it unfill soon? Or should I wait for early access for all these freeloaders to GTFO

molnizzle

I'd really like to have the 30fps cap that's available on PC. The judder in the PS4 version is pretty damn sever when panning from side to side.

I'm gonna have to buy a Bluetooth keyboard aren't I? Not using one is a pain and I have a feeling I'll need to be typing quickly at some points.

Do any keyboards work?

molnizzle

I'm super glad that I actually fired up my PS3 copy and made my character before all the freeloaders assaulted Ultros for beta. =D

molnizzle

I'm gonna have to buy a Bluetooth keyboard aren't I? Not using one is a pain and I have a feeling I'll need to be typing quickly at some points.

Do any keyboards work?

You're definitely going to want a keyboard. Unquestionably. Most players are still on PC and it's expected that you can quickly type to communicate.

Any USB or Bluetooth keyboard will work. I use a Logitech Easy-Switch, which I love because it can stay synced with up to 3 Bluetooth devices at once and instantly switch between them at the tap of a button. It also uses micro-USB to charge, so whatever you use to charge your DS4 will work just fine with it. Not that you'll need to charge it very much. I charge mine every couple weeks just because. I've yet to have it die on me.

It comes in both Windows and Mac variants. I have the Mac one myself, it's awesome. You could also pick up a refurb Windows model from Newegg for a cool $59.99.

Thanks guys. Gonna pick one up before the game fully releases.

Edit: anyone do the "I come in peace" quest? Keeps asking me to type it in the Say box but it won't trigger and I'm spamming the clan :(

Edit 2: actually....do it have to type [FC] for the clan toeven read my stuff? I'm not sure.

ahuffman

Banned
Ugh, I put the wrong character on the ultros server. I guess I will just roll with it and change classes later. Just hope that won't be a problem when joining the Gaf Fc.

Just deleted the old one and installed the new one, and I'm getting a loop of "Cannot launch FF XIV: ARR. Please register the promotion code included wiht your package or download."

Ideas?

Sophia

Just deleted the old one and installed the new one, and I'm getting a loop of "Cannot launch FF XIV: ARR. Please register the promotion code included wiht your package or download."

Ideas?

You need to go to the PSN store and "repurchase" the new beta, so it adds the service to your PSN account. This does not require a redownload.

Hold L1 and then press down on R3/right analog stick to bring up mouse mode on PS4. Then hover your mouse over the top right corner of the chat. L2 is your left mouse clicker, so you hold down L2 and re-size the window with your right analog stick. Hold L1 and press down on R3 to exit mouse mode. Hope that helps.

And if you move the mouse cursor over the bottom left part where it says "general" you can hold l2 and move the chat box around the screen to wherever you want it to be.

Also, somewhere in settings there is a default size option you can select so everything can default to 140% or whatever size you prefer. You still need to manually adjust the chat and stuff but it helps.

HOLY SHIT!

This is totally awesome on the Vita now!

Dare I say I prefer using it more than the dual shock 4 due to the much larger touch pad real estate.

Vita = life

Guess I'm joining the lot of you who are trying to sneak onto Ultros... This sucks :(

I just want to start playing so I can start leveling up.

orion434

The game kept crashing on me, about 10x in a row... it couldn't stay stable for more than 5 minutes. Should I delete and then re-download it?

Mikey Jr.

Fuck Ultros for now.

Started up on the brand new NA server, Jenova I think.

Everyone there is low level and starting fresh. Hopefully its populated.

Vire

Have they said if they are working on the performance of the game still? I'm getting some pretty nasty framerate in weird spots.

Kinda shitty coming off of Ground Zeroes at 1080p 60fps no dips.

aceface

The character creation restrictions usually go in day/night cycles. If you couldn't create a character on Ultros tonight, try during the day tomorrow.

Edit: actually see here it updates and changes every 4-5 hours.

molnizzle

Have they said if they are working on the performance of the game still? I'm getting some pretty nasty framerate in weird spots.

Kinda shitty coming off of Ground Zeroes at 1080p 60fps no dips.

I'm honestly just hoping that they patch in a 30fps limiter. The PC version has one right there in the options. It's badly needed for this game on PS4, IMO.

Luckily instances are pretty much locked 60fps. It's just the overworld that's a stutter-fest.

Barakov

Just had my first crash while riding my chocobo. I played quite a bit today so it seems I'm one of the lucky ones. As well being able to log on to Ultros with no problem. Definitely seems like a YMMV type of situation. The games as a whole seems to run much better on PS4.

bunbun777

Anyone else having issues logging in, seems they fixed the problem 12 hours ago don't know if it's the same thing or not.

Edit: seems fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom