• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
even though i've only played the game for like a month, joining GAF FC was one of my better ideas. just a nice group of people chatting, but i look forward to finding a nice static for end game stuff when i get there.

my character is Hanuman Swiftwind, i'll be on hopefully all day tmrw. these "real life" errands and events are killing meeeee aggggghh.

Uh oh. LOL. I need an invite cause I joined the wrong FC.

I'm Kev Bug.

mod of the year

Submitted my app to GAF FC, I think I did it right on the GuildWorks website and on the recruitment page as well. Let me know if there's any problems.

Thanks you guys!

Guess I will wait for the retail release. Hope they fix the issues by then. Never had any issues on the PS3 version, so I am a bit worried.

Sophia

Guess I will wait for the retail release. Hope they fix the issues by then. Never had any issues on the PS3 version, so I am a bit worried.

Googling the error code suggests its a problem with your PS4 database. The one suggestion I see says to delete the game, rebuild the database, and redownload. Sucks. :\

Googling the error code suggests its a problem with your PS4 database. The one suggestion I see says to delete the game, rebuild the database, and redownload. Sucks. :
I done all the steps, but doing it in order now. If this attempt fails, then I give up. Sony should have worked on the PS4 in order to compensate for the release.

Griss

My mail was in the spam folder. Checked there?

But I was a little annoyed by the signing in, updaten, installing loop I felt I was stuck in for over an hour.
Leveled up to 8 last night. I am not a mmorpg guy but I am enjoying this quite a bit. Good atmosphere and fun play. Only the controls with a gamepad are something to master.

Check junk/spam folder as it's usually in there.

Thanks guys. For some reason all three were delayed, and then they ended up in two of the spam folders. Not sure what the delay was, but I'm in.

Anyway, it's very impressive, but the beginning was far too slow.

My current issue - I've learned how to summon Carbuncle as an arcanist but whenever I do there's a big pet bar in the middle of the screen that I don't know what to do with. How do I move the bar? How do I command Carbuncle?

Is this when you get disconnected from the server after about 3 minutes? I deleted the client and re-downloaded, it's worked so far.
It is random %. It hit 25% the first download. I download it not using standby, and it did not pass 7%. Trying it again. So very annoying.

From what I gather it seems to be more Sony than SE to blame for this. Apparently they did not count on a game updating within an application.

Iceblade

I'm new to the game and have started playing on PS4, and I'm actually quite enjoying it. So far I have gotten a Thaumaturge to level 10.

What's the general consensus on this game as to whether or not it's worth sticking around for? I'm an avid WoW player, and to be honest it's tough to beat the mastery of systems and fluidity of movement/abilities that game has going for it. Will I find XIV rewarding if I stick with it?

Sophia

I'm new to the game and have started playing on PS4, and I'm actually quite enjoying it. So far I have gotten a Thaumaturge to level 10.

What's the general consensus on this game as to whether or not it's worth sticking around for? I'm an avid WoW player, and to be honest it's tough to beat the mastery of systems and fluidity of movement/abilities that game has going for it. Will I find XIV rewarding if I stick with it?

As someone who came over to XIV alongside most of my WoW friends, you'll probably find it quite enjoyable in that regard. It's not as expansive as WoW was (which is understandable seeing as it's only had two content patches), but it makes up for that in a lot of areas. Plus, the developers are committed to massive content patches every three month, and keep us informed monthly of new stuff.

I'm an avid WoW player, and to be honest it's tough to beat the mastery of systems and fluidity of movement/abilities that game has going for it. Will I find XIV rewarding if I stick with it?
I was a big WoW player as well. I say XIV is better because you are not stuck to a particular class. If you get bored as a Black Mage, you can try out Monk. I like the idea of only having one DPS character.

Clockwork5

I have really been enjoying this so far. The character models look fantastic as do the environments. I will say there are an awful lot of load screens for an mmo, but with that said, it seems as though the pointless running through fields has been cut down as a result. It gets a bit framey for me at times too, but it is usually north of 30. Also, playing with the controller is not horrible but I can't see it becoming second nature to me. Time to plug my m/kb into the ps4 and see what happens.

Approaching this beta as a trial run has me strongly considering picking this up.

dramatis

To those who are applying on GAF Guildworks, you should include your GAF username, and your full in-game name. It is possible to attach your official FF14 Lodestone profile to your guildworks account.

Afterwards, in game please check that you are on Ultros server, then find a person with a <<GAF>> next to his/her name, right-click and select "View Company Profile", then submit an application. With that method, even without an FC officer online, we can check the list of applicants and let you in.

If there are any other questions, post away here.

Gaz_RB

To those who are applying on GAF Guildworks, you should include your GAF username, and your full in-game name. It is possible to attach your official FF14 Lodestone profile to your guildworks account.

Afterwards, in game please check that you are on Ultros server, then find a person with a <<GAF>> next to his/her name, right-click and select "View Company Profile", then submit an application. With that method, even without an FC officer online, we can check the list of applicants and let you in.

If there are any other questions, post away here.

Yup, did this last night no problem. There are tons of GAF guys running around the server. Felt like home!

Gaz_RB

Crash! Damnit. I was playing for over 2 hours, including on vita. lol.

Mine crashed right as I had finished like a 30 minute wait for a duty finder group. :( At least you don't lose progress because you didn't stop by a savepoint or something.

Hedrush

Guys/girls if I purchase the ps3 version ( £9 in tesco ) how much would the ps4 version then cost. I've looked around but can't find an answer. Cheers.

Sophia

Guys/girls if I purchase the ps3 version ( £9 in tesco ) how much would the ps4 version then cost. I've looked around but can't find an answer. Cheers.

Upgrading from the PS3 version to the PS4 version is free. Do note that you need to be able to access the PS3 version to register your account, which requires downloading/installing it too.

Hedrush

Upgrading from the PS3 version to the PS4 version is free. Do note that you need to be able to access the PS3 version to register your account, which requires downloading/installing it too.

Cheers Sophia that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Its asking me for a promotional code?

I just grabbed the game from the store and expected to be able to start it up. Do I need to buy something to get a code?

GoldChain

anyone else in Canada not able to join the beta?

I played the original beta, tried to launch the same client but it fails. I removed the install and went to the PS Store to re-install, noticed that is isnt even listed, even by search.

Did I miss something?

aceface

Its asking me for a promotional code?

I just grabbed the game from the store and expected to be able to start it up. Do I need to buy something to get a code?

Go back to the psn store online and reconfirm the download. Don't have to actually download it again but just put it into your cart and click confirm. Should work then.

ReaperXL7

Anyone know of any decent/good guides for Monk? I played my Monk all the way to 50/37 but it's been quite awhile since I played and trying to figure out what's changed about the job with all the patches is proving time consuming.

Been thinking about just starting over again but I don't want to go back to all that running :(

Go back to the psn store online and reconfirm the download. Don't have to actually download it again but just put it into your cart and click confirm. Should work then.

Worked thanks!

I played the original beta, tried to launch the same client but it fails. I removed the install and went to the PS Store to re-install, noticed that is isnt even listed, even by search.

Did I miss something?

I'm in Canada here, the game is in Games>New>New this month for me. Have a look.

Did I miss something?

Same here. I went to my Library, redownloaded the game (I deleted it after last beta ended) and it keeps saying unable to complete version check.

My client is 2014.01.23.0000.0000

aceface

Same here. I went to my Library, redownloaded the game (I deleted it after last beta ended) and it keeps saying unable to complete version check.

Did you download the right beta from the store? Make sure it's the one that was released April 1st not the one from February. That's the only thing I can think of.

fallingdove

Make sure you are downloading the right launcher. I re-downloaded the original beta somehow from my library and couldn't get past the version check error. It wasn't until I deleted it again, went to PSN, and downloaded the beta 2 that the issue was fixed. If it is the right launcher, it won't have a beta symbol in the upper left-hand corner.

Noi

Thanks guys. For some reason all three were delayed, and then they ended up in two of the spam folders. Not sure what the delay was, but I'm in.

Anyway, it's very impressive, but the beginning was far too slow.

My current issue - I've learned how to summon Carbuncle as an arcanist but whenever I do there's a big pet bar in the middle of the screen that I don't know what to do with. How do I move the bar? How do I command Carbuncle?

Carbuncle attacks on his own unless you select the Obey option on the pet hotbar, which will make him only do special abilities when told to do so. For the hotbar itself, you can move and resize it in the HUD layout screen.

Thanks for the help guys. I kind of assumed that the launcher would just download the latest version if mine was out of date...silly of me :)

Downloading latest from the PS Store, feeling confident it will work now.

eliza0224

Can't log in guys :( I downloaded the psn launcher, updated, and it gets stuck on "the news" section. It kicks me out after a while saying "Unable to complete version check". I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :(

EDIT: lol, it's updating now :D

Mesharey

My first time playing it or any other MMO, I'm lost. XD

Level 6 now, I just want the map to show me the destination of my active mission, is it possible? :/

playXray

My first time playing it or any other MMO, I'm lost. XD

Level 6 now, I just want the map to show me the destination of my active mission, is it possible? :/

This is just about my only complaint with the game. As someone who is relatively familiar with MMOs, I can get around the slightly awkward map system, but I do worry that newcomers will be turned off by this and miss out on an otherwise fantastic game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom