• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazanko

Banned
What happens when the game offficially comes out. Do I need to delete this app? Also if I get the disc version will I need the disc in to play? Also do you pay on their website or get a month from psn store?

Ryhian

I tried to register for a token via their account management and it says I have to have a product registered first. I registered my ps3 version of ffxiv on SE page but for some reason it's not confirming that.

There's an option on the PC side to cap your framerate to 30 or 60 frames per second. The difference is pretty easy to see, especially if you're sensitive to framerate drops.

King_Moc's estimation is a bit off however. It definitely runs higher than 30 frames per second in most areas. Mor Dhona and one of the Crystal Tower fights (mini-boss before King Behemoth) are the only places I've seen significant framerate loss. Outside of cities, it's usually near the 60 FPS end, if not at it.

EDIT: Add Camp Tranquil to the list of areas with significant framerate loss.

Yes, I think the game does tend to run above 30. It's easily noticeable on a CRT and the last beta drove me nuts but this time I don't get crazy double imaging as bad as before. I mean it's there when you rotate the camera but it's not as bad to where I can't play it. Reminds me of my PC.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow - so this was my first MMORPG expierience. I`ve managed to play the beta for around 4 hours i think and got my Lancer class to level 8. My first impressions are very positive, this is pretty much how i imagined it to feel and play like. The environments and character models look amazing in my opinion, it looks better than many single-player rpgs. Controls and UI take time to get used to, but its fine since i cant compare it to the (superior?) mouse/keyboard PC controls. Well and even the beginner city for me felt really big, I`ve been running around for a while and had a hard time figuring out where and what im supposed to do. And the quests doesnt always make clear which of them were needed to continue the main plot. Are there parts in the towns that are invisible if you vist it the first time ? Because i could swear that with every visit or level i gained new buildings and merchants started pooping up - or maybe it was just me being overwhelmed xD

What i dont like is having to go back to the person who gave you a quest after finishing it - Xenoblade spoiled me :-/

Couple of questions:

1. Do you always have to type in your SE password ? Even in the final release ?
2. Could you buy the FFXIV LE for PC right now and continue the character from this beta on PC and on PS4 later ? Do you still get the 30 free days if you continue this beta-chara ?
3. Lets say i buy the game and stop playing(paying) 3 month from now - how long will the character data be saved on the server before they delete it ?
4. I saw a bunch GAFer running around in ULTROS ( nice) - would like to play or team up with some Gaffers, is there a easy way without having to join the guild/obligations etc. ? Since i am new to the game there isnt much i could add a guild and still dont know if`ll stick with the game.
5. Does the PC version also support the Playstation control setup ?
6. Is it possible to enjoy and finish the game by playing alone most of the time ? Or if not at which point in the game you need to rely on guilds/multiplayer etc. ?
7. Is there anything stopping you from joining every guild that interests you or should you focus your attention ? Same goes for classes - playing the Lancer right now - will he be later able to learn/use mage spells or do you have to strict keep the path you started with ?

So many more questions, but im kinda tired right now.... thanks in advance for answering, if possible
EWmof.gif

Shamdeo

Couple of questions:

1. Do you always have to type in your SE password ? Even in the final release ?
2. Could you buy the FFXIV LE for PC right now and continue the character from this beta on PC and on PS4 later ? Do you still get the 30 free days if you continue this beta-chara ?
3. Lets say i buy the game and stop playing(paying) 3 month from now - how long will the character data be saved on the server before they delete it ?
4. I saw a bunch GAFer running around in ULTROS ( nice) - would like to play or team up with some Gaffers, is there a easy way without having to join the guild/obligations etc. ? Since i am new to the game there isnt much i could add a guild and still dont know if`ll stick with the game.
5. Does the PC version also support the Playstation control setup ?
6. Is it possible to enjoy and finish the game by playing alone most of the time ? Or if not at which point in the game you need to rely on guilds/multiplayer etc. ?
7. Is there anything stopping you from joining every guild that interests you or should you focus your attention ? Same goes for classes - playing the Lancer right now - will he be later able to learn/use mage spells or do you have to strict keep the path you started with ?

1. Yes.
2. Yes and yes.
3. Saved as long as the game exists.
4. Gather Against Fate is mostly casual, no worries. ;) http://neogaf.guildwork.com/
5. The controller setup on PC is mostly identical to PS3/4. I use DualShock 3 for when I want to use a controller.
6. You will be required to party up for story dungeons with three -- and later seven other people.
7. It's best to level your first battle class to 50. To get your Job, you will need to level your main class to 30 and another class to 15. It's best to get your Job crystal as soon as possible. Think of Jobs like a "spec", you'll lose access to some abilities that you could cross-class on Lancer, but you'll gain Dragoon specific abilities.

Quick question: how do you teleport to the housing area? I have done the quest for the mist but can't seem to be able to find where I teleport from, I figured it would be added to the aethernet in limsa but it is not on my list.

Shamdeo

Quick question: how do you teleport to the housing area? I have done the quest for the mist but can't seem to be able to find where I teleport from, I figured it would be added to the aethernet in limsa but it is not on my list.

Go out to Lower La Noscea and head east to Mist.

ibt37q6EZ5o3G1.jpg

So i may have asked this before but what the hell i will ask again!

When the 30 days trial is finished could i just buy a time card from amazon pop the code into the PS4 and continue playing or is that only for PC?

Lucifon

When the 30 days trial is finished could i just buy a time card from amazon pop the code into the PS4 and continue playing or is that only for PC?

Course :) Time is added to your account as a whole, the license determines which version you can play. So if you already have a PC license, and activate a PS4 version you get 30 days trial account wide.

I don't know all the particulars about how they do it on the PC, but adding time or a subscription is done through the Mog Station. (Just google Mog Station)

Jomjom

Banned
So I was just wondering. I just got achievement unlocked on the PS4 beta (so that means in the full game I got a trophy).

What happens if I start the full game, do I still get those trophies? Or can you only get those Trophies if you start completely from the beginning again?

You'll get the trophy but it won't auto pop. For instance if it's the kill mobs trophy it'll pop when you kill your first mob using the ps4. For the crafting ones, the first craft, and for the story mission the first quest you complete.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Does Square know the maps in this game are complete crap. I'm stuck in old gridania and i cannot find the airships, where exactly are they and how do i get there.

Ryhian

So is there anyway to go above level 20 during ps4 beta with transferring ps3 - ps4 or any other work arounds?

Don't currently have my own ps3 and can only play on ps4. From what I understand I would only be able to go past 20 on ps4 when early access begins as of April 11th?

Sophia

Gridania's airships are located in the Adventure's Guild; the Carline Canopy. Take the stairs down to the lower level.

So is there anyway to go above level 20 during ps4 beta with transferring ps3 - ps4 or any other work arounds?

Don't currently have my own ps3 and can only play on ps4. From what I understand I would only be able to go past 20 on ps4 when early access begins as of April 11th?

You should be able to level past level 20 if any version of the game (PS3 or PC) exists on your Square Enix account. There are no real level limits.

Soi-Fong

No more level limits. That was only for Phase I.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Oh shit, that's where I was thinking you were. Sorry, nevermind.

edit:

It's in the southern part of this map in new gridania.

QvBhXZh.jpg

thanks soo much

I'm starting to have second thoughts on this game. The most major problem i have with this game is there is not a proper map. I need a large map to tell me where to go or a marker with a path or something. Its so dumb i have to go searching online for a map and the some F-ed up thing is i cannot find any only stupid ass wikis for stupid crap i dont want. Are MMOs? like this? frustrating crap. All i want to know where is camp drybones, why is that so hard.

Soi-Fong

thanks soo much

I'm starting to have second thoughts on this game. The most major problem i have with this game is there is not a proper map. I need a large map to tell me where to go or a marker with a path or something. Its so dumb i have to go searching online for a map and the some F-ed up thing is i cannot find any only stupid ass wikis for stupid crap i dont want. Are MMOs? like this? frustrating crap. All i want to know where is camp drybones, why is that so hard.

Drybone is in Eastern Thanalan if I'm correct.

Guess Who

Banned
thanks soo much

There is a larger map.

No idea how to access it on PS4, but on PC you just click the mini-map in the top right to get a full map view, and there are markers pointing you where to go for every quest.

Ryhian

No more level limits. That was only for Phase I.

Thanks! So upgrade question - do I have to patch the ps3 version and actually create a character so I can do a transfer from ps3 to ps4 to get the copy free for ps4 or is just linking the ps3 version to my SE account sufficient?

Mesharey

Thanks! So upgrade question - do I have to patch the ps3 version and actually create a character so I can do a transfer from ps3 to ps4 to get the copy free for ps4 or is just linking the ps4 version to my SE account sufficient?
I would like to know that too. @@

Billen

Banned
I have played this some on the pc.It felt rather repetitive, the little I played ït (never maxed out).

Compared to the ps4 beta 1 my hd5870 ran it surprisingly well.

Sophia

Thanks! So upgrade question - do I have to patch the ps3 version and actually create a character so I can do a transfer from ps3 to ps4 to get the copy free for ps4 or is just linking the ps3 version to my SE account sufficient?

You do not need to create a character. However you do need to patch the game because you must register the service with a Square-Enix account (and pair that account up with a PSN account if you haven't done so already.)

Sophia

Are you sure? I thought that if you created a character on the PS4 beta, the cap was still 20.

You are correct. If you have an existing character/account, you can level freely. However those who don't own the game are limited to level 20. Source.

The playable content will be the same as that of the official Windows and PlayStation® 3 versions; however, for Beta Test Phase 2, characters that were created on the PlayStation® 4 will not be able to level beyond level 20.

Characters that have been made in the Windows and PlayStation® 3 versions will have no level restrictions when logging into the PlayStation® 4 version.

Ryhian

You are correct. If you have an existing character/account, you can level freely. However those who don't own the game are limited to level 20. Source.

So it sounds like if just starting a new character it may be beneficial to create on ps3 and just transfer over at level 1 so you can go past 20.

Sophia

So it sounds like if just starting a new character it may be beneficial to create on ps3 and just transfer over at level 1 so you can go past 20.

There is no transferring characters. Characters are saved to the account/server. Your client is irrelevant. The option that exists on the PS3/4 Launcher is actually for transferring UI settings.

Gaz_RB

There is no transferring characters. Characters are saved to the account/server. Your client is irrelevant. The option that exists on the PS3/4 Launcher is actually for transferring UI settings.

I wish this post could be stickied to the top of every page haha

phierce

There is a larger map.

No idea how to access it on PS4, but on PC you just click the mini-map in the top right to get a full map view, and there are markers pointing you where to go for every quest.
Press square to pull up the map. You can resize it and make it as big as your entire screen if you need.

Oh how I miss the old days...like when eqmaps.com was all you had.

Beta tested phase 1 and liked it so much that I bought the PS3 version so I can transfer my character to the PS4.

Will try to join the GAF FC when I get the chance :p

Feel free to add me, username is Katniss Everdeene on Ultros

Gaz_RB

I've tried that, I have reset my password like 5 times and still tells me invalid ID or password. I'm giving up.

Restart your PS4. I was having this issue trying to reset my password, and even if I reset it, it would be invalid on the PS4 client. So I reset my PS4 and it accepted the password. Worth a shot.

Quick question. My PS3 subscription never went passed the free month. If I subscribe on the 11th, will I be able to play on PS4 still for the early access?

Ryhian

What's the cheapest way to get time cards? Can you buy pc version for $10 and use it to get 30 days if you register code to SE account?

So I bought this on PS3 when it was on sale and have not downloaded it or anything because I wanted to first play it on PS4.

But I read that I have to download the PS3 version and sign in order to actually get the PS4 version? So that means I have to start my free 30 days on the PS3 to then switch it to PS4?

Grinchy

Banned
Already had 2 crashes before even getting into the city for the first time on a new character. I also can't get onto Leviathan (the server my brother is on). This blows so far.

I have a character already on Ultros from the PC beta but my brother isn't shelling out $18 to switch.

Hm. I can't find the PS4 beta client on the store any longer. The copy on my PS4 keeps stating it can't completed a version check. I tried looking at the obvious places but I don't really see anything I could be doing different.

Edit: I think I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom