• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Nohar

And I gotta finish all of that before heavenward content? Aaah crap.

You'll get experience and gear. Chances are you will be level 51 or 52 thanks to those quests, without even setting a foot in the new zones.

Edit: Wow. That thread does move fast.

And I gotta finish all of that before heavenward content? Aaah crap.

All in all, it shouldn't take you as long to complete the story quests compared to the original release of A Realm Reborn. There are requisite dungeons and trials to complete, naturally, but a bit of good news is all these quests should give you EXP now upon the release of the expansion (the dev team wants players to be able to catch up and access the new content). There's also a fair number of returning and new players at the moment, so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting through those party instances (if you main a DPS though, be prepared for some waiting).

Erekiddo

You'll get experience and gear. Chances are you will be level 51 or 52 thanks to those quests, without even setting a foot in the new zones.

Edit: Wow. That thread does move fast.

Wake me up when corsair is back in.

Edit: 50WHM. No issues finding duties at all. :p I forgot about the level cap increaase.

Is it too late to get in on early access?

Nohar

Wake me up when corsair is back in.

Well, guns were given to the Machinist, and the card system was given to the Astrologist... So... Yeah... Pick your poison.

As for the EA: no idea. I suppose it is not too late though. There should be enough keys for everyone on most websites.

Ken

...if anyone is thinking about jumping into XIV fresh, let me know for referral code for cool items. :>

something something blood of the dragon something

Ennosuke

Well at least they're adding experience and gear to make that go by faster.

Oh really? When will this happen? My gf and I tried to catch up until the addon goes live, but we are currently only 43. Which is not bad, but my biggest always has been that we can't finish the main quest. Because at one point I remember that you need suddenly a group of 8 players ...

Sandfox

Oh really? When will this happen? My gf and I tried to keep up until the addon goes live, but we are currently only 43. Which is not bad, but my biggest always has been that we can't finish the main quest. Because at one point I remember that you need suddenly a group of 8 players ...

It should be implemented as soon as the servers go back up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Have they publicly said what the new EXP gains will be like in the old world? I just started playing this game yesterday...

Nohar

Have they publicly said what the new EXP gains will be like in the old world? I just started playing this game yesterday...

The armory bonus gains a boost, from +50% to +100% for the level 1 to 50 (it stays +50% for 51 to 60). Which means that all monsters, dungeons and FATE will give more exp.

Nohar

Kaine and Freya are awesome though and I'm kinda expecting some Monks and Ninjas to switch over due to the new changes.

Freya was sadly quickly forgotten after her mini-arc. Really, it feels like she is only there for the ride, and her character doesn't have any development after Brumecia. I was very disappointed.

As for I, I played Bard, but I think I'll try to main Summoner for a change. In any case, leveling Summoner will also level up Scholar, so it is a win-win.

Zomba13

Squenix needs to stop pretending anyone cares about dragoons

I think if the main chracter Warrior of Light had to change jobs he should have changed to Dark Knight. Still a two handed weapon class, still a tank/leader role but has all the edgy brooding stuff that would fit right in with a fall from grace like what has happened in the story.

But nah, SE made a story about Dragons because everyone has wanted to go to Ishgard for years so it had to be about dragons and this means Main Character becomes a Dragoon just like that because why not.

Erekiddo

Used the coupon to get the deluxe edition from GMG for $45. Redeemed the early access code on mog station.

That's all I need to do, right? Anything else I need to download?

Soma

Dang I'm gonna have to wait til next week as money's a bit tight right now.

Guess it's for the better as servers might not be as congested by that time. Maybe...

Teknoman

It isn't but it's also the first interesting dungeon.

And you don't get there until 32.

True...Yoshi & team should liven things up in the earlier dungeons with maybe...a chance roaming NM spawn or something. Nothing too punishing, but something to keep people on their toes?

Used the coupon to get the deluxe edition from GMG for $45. Redeemed the early access code on mog station.

That's all I need to do, right? Anything else I need to download?

Start the launcher so you download the patch/main game client if you haven't already, but otherwise yeah just the EA code.

I think if the main chracter Warrior of Light had to change jobs he should have changed to Dark Knight. Still a two handed weapon class, still a tank/leader role but has all the edgy brooding stuff that would fit right in with a fall from grace like what has happened in the story.

But nah, SE made a story about Dragons because everyone has wanted to go to Ishgard for years so it had to be about dragons and this means Main Character becomes a Dragoon just like that because why not.

Pretty sure they didn't make the Warrior of Light a Dark Knight because he isn't trying to piss off the people that just took him in (Dark Knights are pariahs). Dragoons on the other hand are revered heroes in Ishgard and since they're setting your generic Hyur man WoL to become a big hero there...yeah.

And Illy's just salty that SE made it about Elezens and DRGs instead of cats and...whatever the hell job they identify with. Prostitutes, I suppose. :p

Erekiddo

Start the launcher so you download the patch/main game client if you haven't already, but otherwise yeah just the EA code.

Ok good, cause it looks like this so I got concerned.

11425873_10153009870742283_2518006012611254037_n.jpg

Thought I'd see a circle under collector's edition for Heavensward.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So in my first session I'm planning on:
1. Wait in the queue
2. Do the lvl 50 dragoon quest
3. Start the 3.0 story
4. Clean out my inventory which I forgot to do yesterday
5. Get my machinist

By then the servers will probably be pulled down for maintenance or something because of Duty Finder breaking or something.

It's word for word the same thing I'll be doing, hahaha.

CaLe

This expansion offers nothing new to players that didn't reach the end game yet, correct ? Besides the new race, that is.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Was really tempted to get the expansion, but in the end decided not to. While I did enjoy playing FFXIV, I know continuing will turn into a huge time sink at the expense of countless other games I'd like to play. =S

Tabris

I think I may be the only person hoping maintenance is rescheduled 1-2hrs longer as apparently my internet won't be up for at least 1-2 more hrs

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This expansion offers nothing new to players that didn't reach the end game yet, correct ? Besides the new race, that is.

Pretty much. Even the new classes can't be accessed without having a lvl 50 character.

There's a few things you can access even in the old world(more xp for story quests, more armory xp, dungeon xp slightly rebalanced for 30-50dungeons etc), but you don't need the expansion to get that, so yeah it's mostly the new race and everything else I think is for 50+. So no real rush to buy the expansion if you're still not 50.

I did try my best to get to level 50. I expect a shit lot of fun at level 50 but I failed and never access to those end game contents.

I think I will give it another try with this expansion.

Actually, I'll concede that raw leveling to 50 can get tedious, especially for certain jobs. Getting in an FC can help with that alot tho

Teknoman

Nah you're good if you have the "Early Access" box. The circle will appear when the game launches officially if I had to guess.

The circle will appear once you enter whatever actual retail Heavensward code you get.

EDIT: Take advantage of Challenge log, hunting logs, food etc. to get every little exp boost you can.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pls be 3 pls be 3 pls be 3 pls be 3

You can double check via your email. They send an email titled "[Square Enix Account] FFXIV Invitation Code Registered" when someone uses one of your codes.

Top Bottom