• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

barit

Servers are on? Already downloaded everything. Wonder what Amazon will send me, I only needed that Pre-order code on PSN for Early Access it seems. Can't wait to explore the new areas, Erozea got a little old by now. Even finished the Zodiac quest and killed the last EX primae (Shiva) all yesterday to be fully ready for Heavensward hrhr. Only t13 is missing for me. Not enough time to kill Bahamut, damn.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Pls be 3 pls be 3 pls be 3 pls be 3

I've already installed the Early Access addon on PS4, and my mog station account still only says Standard. Do I need to patch for Early Access to show up in Mog station? (I'm at the office right now, so I can't really do it right now either way)

(for reference, I haven't started up FFXIV since I installed the addon)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I've already installed the Early Access addon on PS4, and my mog station account still only says Standard. Do I need to patch for Early Access to show up in Mog station? (I'm at the office right now, so I can't really do it right now either way)
Need to launch the client to register early access to your account. Then you download the 5GB patch.

The "Standard" is just your sub type, the EA stuff is the line below that that says Heavensward Early Access.

You mean you didn't plan for 急用?

Tsk tsk lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You mean you didn't plan for 急用?

Tsk tsk lol

I know, I'm not hardcore enough! I'll just do the next craziest thing and leave the office ON TIME.

Need to launch the client to register early access to your account. Then you download the 5GB patch.

The "Standard" is just your sub type, the EA stuff is the line below that that says Heavensward Early Access.

Thanks! That's really helpful.

thetrin

If anyone wants any recruit a friend referral whatsits I'm always willing :D

I want that Twin mount.

As do I. Unfortunately, all my friends I got into the game joined before referrals were a thing. :(

Reknoc

Good thread title.

I'll probably grab the expansion next week when I get paid... Even though I still need to do snowcloak lol

Tirod

Man I'm still bummed about console users not getting some way of making Au Ra ahead of time. Like I totally understand they'd have to go through cert with Sony and make 2 more clients but the first of my expansion access is going to be 30 min of character customization.

Also curious how deep into Ishgard you have to go to unlock Astrologian. Need to get to 50 again ASAP.

Sorian

Banned
Man I'm still bummed about console users not getting some way of making Au Ra ahead of time. Like I totally understand they'd have to go through cert with Sony and make 2 more clients but the first of my expansion access is going to be 30 min of character customization.

Also curious how deep into Ishgard you have to go to unlock Astrologian. Need to get to 50 again ASAP.

I'm going to make an educated guess and say one quest, maybe 2. All you have to do is get access to the city.

Tirod

I'm going to make an educated guess and say one quest, maybe 2. All you have to do is get access to the city.

I hope that's the case! After playing with 60 Astrologian on Tuesday, I NEED (even more than before) to make that my priority. Loved the flexibility/themes of the Job.

Makikou

Ahh crap.. My body would be ready but my character is not :(

As an all-new-eorzean i am still a lv43 monk. RIP my hopes of getting to 2.55 in any sort of meaningful time?

Phased

Just got into FFXIV a week ago or so, really liking it so far.

Figures an expansion would come out right as I start playing, but it seems like they're boosting exp from the Main Story quests 1-50 so that's good.

thetrin

I think if the main chracter Warrior of Light had to change jobs he should have changed to Dark Knight. Still a two handed weapon class, still a tank/leader role but has all the edgy brooding stuff that would fit right in with a fall from grace like what has happened in the story.

But nah, SE made a story about Dragons because everyone has wanted to go to Ishgard for years so it had to be about dragons and this means Main Character becomes a Dragoon just like that because why not.

I main a dragoon, and I found it really cool that when you meet that other dragoon in 2.5, he actually acknowledges that you too are a dragoon. I'm curious to see if that trend continues in Heavensward.

I main a dragoon, and I found it really cool that when you meet that other dragoon in 2.5, he actually acknowledges that you too are a dragoon. I'm curious to see if that trend continues in Heavensward.
I remember there was a point in the main story the Arcanist guild was involved and they acknowledged me, a Scholar, as someone who was experienced in their ways and could help a certain character. I enjoy little things like that.

That's such a cool little detail that really helps the world feel real.

Rad rad rad.

chrono01

An image of Square-Enix/Heavensward Technical Support, in just under an hour.

JPZdNix.gif

I'll post it here, anyone else not seeing their Ultros character on the Mogstation?

It's a side effect of the maintenance, they posted that this would most likely be the case if you tried to add codes during the maintenance and to double check which account you're applying it to.

Noi

Huh, I got a prompt saying "Heavensward Add-on can now be used". Digital PS4 pre-order. Now I'm actually doing first time expansions setup and downloading an extra 2k MB update. Dunno if I just missed doing this part hours ago or if its something new.

Good thing I checked an hour before it goes live.

Top Bottom