• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Thorgal

drop rates are very fair i feel with this event .

also don't really mind fate grinding when said fates are getting Zerg rushed by a horde of players and cleared in less then 30 seconds .

Squishy3

yeah the legendary drop rates aren't that bad and they counter it by making you have to get more medals for each subsequent weapon you buy but it's only increased by 2 each time.

already have 2 weapons and only need 7 more for my next one

Daouzin

Wasn't sure if this is the right place to ask. But I played this game around the time of it's rerelease on PS3. I know they have some free campaigns for return players, is there any way to play it for free on PS4 to see if I want to jump back in or not?

Omni

Don't have it in me to grind out any more fates. Got my DRK weapon and a bunch of minions and eeeh

Was getting a legendary token thing every 4 fates before. Zzzz

Squishy3

Wasn't sure if this is the right place to ask. But I played this game around the time of it's rerelease on PS3. I know they have some free campaigns for return players, is there any way to play it for free on PS4 to see if I want to jump back in or not?
I'd think you need a PS4 license but since they're counted as different licenses whenever the PS4 version goes on sale again for $10 it comes with a month of game time

So far I've gotten a Legendary medal after every FATE. May just try and get a weapon everyday, if I go that far. Getting all of them shouldn't be that tough, it's something to do.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Don't have it in me to grind out any more fates. Got my DRK weapon and a bunch of minions and eeeh

Was getting a legendary token thing every 4 fates before. Zzzz

The event lasts for 3 months and weapons from 4 cap out at 15 tokens per.
It's actually not a terrible proposition if you really do want them all.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
None of the weapons interest me. got the SMN weapon since that's my main, but it's probably the ugliest of the bunch.

Will get all the minions though.

Cmagus

So far I've gotten a Legendary medal after every FATE. May just try and get a weapon everyday, if I go that far. Getting all of them shouldn't be that tough, it's something to do.

They seem to be dropping very often. I got enough for almost two weapons in the last hour. Plus I finally finished my first mount and it was well worth it.

pwmZXVV.png

Everyone laughed at my pony :(

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
2 weapons down and about 4 more to go. Got the gun and rod. Trying to get knives, axe, book, and cane.
They seem to be dropping very often. I got enough for almost two weapons in the last hour. Plus I finally finished my first mount and it was well worth it.

Everyone laughed at my pony :(
The game wasn't really meant to be played from a lalafell size. Pulling the camera back during a raid can make you lose sight of your character.

Zomba13

It's going to take a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time to get the weapons with this event. I know they have it on for around 2 months and that is great and all, but in an hour of fate grinding I got one medal.

Does the drop rate increase if you use the job the weapon is for? Because I was doing the DRK weapon on SMN (yes, I had the Hovernyan out and the watch on).

I probably won't get all 13 weapons and get the special version of the mount but I at least want to try and get the weapons I like.

Ken

i got2 atma, 2 legendary medals and 4 regular medals in like 30 some minutes and i felt like dying

pld + shogun minion

Village

if i' 'm not too tired from work today, I'm gonna get started on this stuff

I want the drk weapon

Does anyone have a weapon, whats the time estimate on that?

Omni

if i' 'm not too tired from work today, I'm gonna get started on this stuff

I want the drk weapon

Does anyone have a weapon, whats the time estimate on that?

Took me maybe an hour and a half or something. 28 fates in total. That's in South Shroud with a full party and others helping

Zalasta

Normally I don't bother with the non-minion/mount rewards from events. However, it seems there is an achievement attached to each weapon so I am forced to grind for them :(

Sifl

They probably should've made another use for the medals since they become useless quick. Like trading 10 or 20 of them for 1 legendary medal.

Audioboxer

Might resub soon just to get a TT fix lol. Managed to get some fairly rare cards before I stopped playing last September.

Think I managed to hit level 50 IIRC. Stupid game is giving me an error on PS4 on launch after updating the boot loader thing. Quick Google search suggests only fix is to redownload the whole game... *Sigh*

I'll maybe do it later. Back to ESO for now which I'm quite enjoying. It seems dead on GAF though.

Ogawa-san

They probably should've made another use for the medals since they become useless quick. Like trading 10 or 20 of them for 1 legendary medal.
If PotD taught me anything, is that your suggestion might happen in about a week or two from now.

It makes me conflicted. On one hand I shouldn't hop in until the hotfixes kick in, on the other hand if I miss the zeitgeist I'll end up soloing fates when it dies down.

Orcastar

Feels like the number of players has dropped significantly compared to September... Both Idyllshire and Limsa Lominsa seem a lot emptier than they used to (EU Lich).

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The GAF Ultros FC raffle results!

First Prize: Faelen Kallig
Second Prize: Karl Tacitus
Third Prize: Sean Duibhne.
Fourth and Fifth Prizes: Bajan Dread and Kuro Yuki!

Congratulations to the winners, officers will try and message you over the next few days to sort out choice of minions and to send the gil over.

Tried to do A6S after not touching it for a month, yikes. Perhaps I should just give up on not beating A6S (could never get much practice on Vortexer) and just hope to get into a raid group in 3.4

K.Sabot

Soooooo my launcher prompted me to re-enter my Heavensward cd key today and its saying the code was already registered.

It's a GMG code.

Tried to do A6S after not touching it for a month, yikes. Perhaps I should just give up on not beating A6S (could never get much practice on Vortexer) and just hope to get into a raid group in 3.4

Can barely even get a5s groups on my server even if I cleared. Party fills halfway and then people get impatient. Eh, I suppose it has to be right on Tuesday reset.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Took some breaks trying to get the yokai weapons and atma farminng to play triple triad. Won about 30 games to try and get the hildi and nashu card but no success. The triple triad deck upgrade is also dumb.

Omni

Almost cleared A4s today. 16% or something but then someone had to leave. Was my first time ever in there. Haha. Dat echo and gear advantage. I get the impression that it was awful back when but I didn't raid while it was relevant.

Gonna keep at it, I think. Gordian weapons are gorgeous and I really want to grab one

ebil

It was awful indeed but gear and echo completely destroys any semblance of challenge in there. It barely has any mechanics aside from Nisi which nobody did and the difficulty came from the extreme (relative to our HP pools at the time) amount of damage, steep DPS check, and pushing at the right time.

Hell, we went into it a couple months ago while waiting for someone to show up and had to recruit a DPS through PF. We got a first timer that we completely carried from one end to the other (I don't think he managed to break 800 DPS with that echo) and still one-shot it. I'm actually surprised it isn't farmed more for its rewards as it's pretty easy right now.

Terrible fight.

tgl3

Neo Member
Just over a month after starting them, I got a bunch of crafters + 2 gatherers to 50. Winner winner!
JWWWPyQ.png

Now I have to stomach going back and doing the remaining 3 crafters. RIP my inventory/armory/retainer slots. I've also heard meh things about crafting in Heavensward so we'll see how it goes above 50.

Turns out crafting is actually fun. I've been running around crafting better gear for FC members and random low level crafters I see in towns \o/

On the other hand I took one look at the new event and the grinding involved and noped straight out.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The day when nobody in a PotD party walks into a trap with Sight enabled will be a joyous day indeed. Forget A4S, it's too hard for the players to not step onto a bright red tile right there on the floor.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The day when nobody in a PotD party walks into a trap with Sight enabled will be a joyous day indeed. Forget A4S, it's too hard for the players to not step onto a bright red tile right there on the floor.

Look I can watch three different streams OR I can pay attention to the game, and nobody wants the latter!

Top Bottom