• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Zomba13

Oh wow. Some of those are very good looking. There are some really nice "basic" ones and some really nice ornate, fancy ones. I really like that fancy looking flowery/crown one, looks very regal and Red Mageish, maybe not so Tanky. And I love the literal Tank armour design on that Lalafell.

037.jpg

This might be my favourite. It's got form and function. It looks like actual tank armour and it's got the completely unnecessary coat and I love me some coat/cape/cowl over plate mail.

Sifl

Too bad SE doesn't know how to make cat people's tails not clip through capes.

Or at least make a tail hole... or something.

Eww, my first run as a drk in the gubal library was horrible. I was carrying everyone.... meanwhile, the healer decided it would be cool to be hit by the dark aoes on the first boss. I got the hell out of there. I'm a fairly lenient player but when it comes to this stuff, nope. You are wasting my time and at that point, i'm eating the penalty.

Kyzer

Banned
This one's my favorite. I like a lot of then, some of them look better suited for when were lvl 80-90 but are a little too much for now

012.jpg

RPGCrazied

Doing the yokai watch thing is pretty fun. I have no idea what the hell it was until I looked it up. An anime? Saw the first season is on Netflix, watched episode 1 and thought it was kinda funny, but corny kinda. I know its geared to kids. Is it worth watching?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Doing the yokai watch thing is pretty fun. I have no idea what the hell it was until I looked it up. An anime? Saw the first season is on Netflix, watched episode 1 and thought it was kinda funny, but corny kinda. I know its geared to kids. Is it worth watching?
Its like pokemon but not at the same time. I hear its good.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So i need to hit lvl 59 to complete the rest of the heavensward quests so I guess its back to yokai rancher for me. Just need the monks gloves and im good.

Omni

Healer dies in Seph ex and then makes a big deal about how I lost hate in the chat. Taken literally a second before he died:

seh6p.gif

It kinda bothered me. Everyone makes mistakes and that's perfectly fine but don't start blaming others trying to shift the blame.

Omni

You've not witnessed bad until you've seen a level 60, i235 tank, provoke pull a boss and flash multiple times trying to hold hate

I don't get it. How do you get so far in a job and still suck at it?

Doesn't mean a person is bad, imo. People choke easily in this game whether it is falling off cliffs or they didn't move in time for a mechanic. Trust me, I know how to tell if a player sucks or not. It doesn't take a lot to notice, but imo, this game is super super basic. Know your job, know mechanics, keep practicing and you are set. It isn't like this game needs you to learn a combo like say a fighting game that takes years to learn. All it is asking you to do is press commands at the right time. Any and every player can do that unless in raids where dps is a very noticeable difference. That's my two cents on that, anyway. My BIGGEST pet peeve in this game is a healer that ONLY spams benefic, physick, or cure and then just waits for my hp to fall. They do nothing.... don't use any of their abilities and can't cleric. Really hate it when I see a level 60 healer with good gear do this. No use of fairy abilities, cards, cooldowns.... whatever. That gets on my nerves.

Akainu

Doesn't mean a person is bad, imo. People choke easily in this game whether it is falling off cliffs or they didn't move in time for a mechanic. Trust me, I know how to tell if a player sucks or not. It doesn't take a lot to notice, but imo, this game is super super basic. Know your job, know mechanics, keep practicing and you are set. It isn't like this game needs you to learn a combo like say a fighting game that takes years to learn. All it is asking you to do is press commands at the right time. Any and every player can do that unless in raids where dps is a very noticeable difference. That's my two cents on that, anyway. My BIGGEST pet peeve in this game is a healer that ONLY spams benefic, physick, or cure and then just waits for my hp to fall. They do nothing.... don't use any of their abilities and can't cleric. Really hate it when I see a level 60 healer with good gear do this. No use of fairy abilities, cards, cooldowns.... whatever. That gets on my nerves.

This guy didn't even have his fairy summoned the whole dungeon. Hell don't even get me started on this dragoon that was in the party. I kept telling him multiple times to limit break and he just won't do it.

Plugging this once more, me and Shiori Ishimaru's (Sophia) Ceremony of Eternal Bonding is today at 2 PM PST/ 5 PM EST. If anyone wants to come, In-game name is Chandler Brown

Thorgal

speaking of LB, Hreasvelgr is such a troll.

in the last 5 times i did sohr Kai he always flew off and became immune just as someone used LB myself included .

dramatis

Is it just me or is the loading time for idylshire a longer than others when teleporting?
I'm an expert on loading times.

Longest loading times go to
Idyllshire
Gold Saucer
Housing areas

I have personally timed out counters after a queue popped in the middle of loading for all three of the above. (lol :/ )

Pre-Heavensward, Mor Dhona also experienced longer loading times than other areas, which is probably why they divided Idyllshire from the Dravanian Hinterlands.

Sifl

I have no idea why when the maintank dies his first instinct when he gets revived is to try and provoke the boss back. If you've been dead on the floor for 1-2mins and we haven't wiped yet, just start dpsing please.

dcye

Pre-Heavensward, Mor Dhona also experienced longer loading times than other areas, which is probably why they divided Idyllshire from the Dravanian Hinterlands.

Stupidly, you still have to tp to Idyllshire to go to the Hinterlands though.

dcye

The games are pretty good as well tbh

Apoptomon

Stupidly, you still have to tp to Idyllshire to go to the Hinterlands though.

If you were gonna put an aetheryte in DH, where do you think would be a good place for it? South near Alex or Matoya? Or the little settlement in the north centre right outside Idyllshire maybe?

Omni

What did he die to, clipping Da'at with Walber Lastname? He bad. So bad.

Also, single target Huton.
I think so. Not quite sure as I panned my camera as he died off screen. aaah well.

I have no idea why when the maintank dies his first instinct when he gets revived is to try and provoke the boss back. If you've been dead on the floor for 1-2mins and we haven't wiped yet, just start dpsing please.
I was in Weeping City the other day and died to hell wind as MT (living dead kinda sucks tbh). Think I was dead over 30 seconds or something and not one of the other tanks bothered to provoke. Sometimes you just gotta get back in there. Sucks for the healers but o.o

SkyOdin

I only ever do that if the boss is currently stabbing healers in the face, which does happen on occasion when the MT goes down.

Hi everyone, any fellow Gaffers on Ragnorak? Have come back after a fairly long hiatus. I stopped playing just before Heavensward came out so have loads to catch up on. Managed to convince a few friends to pick it up so was hoping to play with them but last night when they tried to make their characters they weren't able to create a new character on Ragnorak, does the new character lock get lifted every few hours or so or will it be locked for some time now?

Top Bottom