• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i saw your app on guildwork i'll get you in the fc later in the day when i log in.

let us know if you found the fc house if you can't find it is ok.

here's a useful site For New Players: A List of Progression and Level Locked Content (site is down right now)
Oh sweet thanks! Yeah right now I'm in the first place called Ul'dah I think. I did all of the side quests that was given to me so far but I don't know what to do next haha.

SkyOdin

Questions about Grand Companies

I'm in Limsa Lominsa's GC. I seem to be at the maximum rank despite the shop displaying higher ranks for equipment (I can currently hold 50 000 seals). Is there some way to get to those ranks? Also, if I switch Grand Company, will I lose my seals? Is there any downside to switching GC?
Those ranks have been there, but locked out for everyone, since launch. 2nd Lieutenant was the highest available rank obtainable until the latest patch 3.4, which added a way to rank up to 1st Lieutenant. As for the rest of those ranks, we might have to wait for future expansions.

Those ranks have been there, but locked out for everyone, since launch. 2nd Lieutenant was the highest available rank obtainable until the latest patch 3.4, which added a way to rank up to 1st Lieutenant. As for the rest of those ranks, we might have to wait for future expansions.

I see. What about my seals? Will I lose them if I change GC? Or are they universal across the three GCs?

Another question, regarding hunts. I accepted some hunts a week or two ago, in Ishgard. But I don't know where to look in my menu to find their info. I do not remember at all what the hunts were or where to find them.

I see. What about my seals? Will I lose them if I change GC? Or are they universal across the three GCs?

Another question, regarding hunts. I accepted some hunts a week or two ago, in Ishgard. But I don't know where to look in my menu to find their info. I do not remember at all what the hunts were or where to find them.

GC seals are tied to their respective GC. So, if you're, let's say, a Twin Adder and have 1000 seals, then switch to Maelstrom, you'll still have those 1000 Twin Adder seals. You won't be able to use them though and you'll start from 0 seals for Maelstrom.

Hunt mark bills are kept in your key items section, look for 'em there.

GC seals are tied to their respective GC. So, if you're, let's say, a Twin Adder and have 1000 seals, then switch to Maelstrom, you'll still have those 1000 Twin Adder seals. You won't be able to use them though and you'll start from 0 seals for Maelstrom.

Hunt mark bills are kept in your key items section, look for 'em there.

Thanks!

Kenai

I'm not saying that XIV's story is bad in any way, but my exposure to XI and XIV are somewhat limited and very casual due to playing WoW primarily for a long time, so I can only give my impression of what I've played. As a Legacy player of XIV, I'll always be mad at certain changes that happened when they broke the world and the Realm was Reborn.

I did hit some expansion content in XI, but not in XIV. Working on it. If the story gets better I may return and revise my opinion. I loathe Minfilia, so if she vanishes at any point it will immediately be a vast improvement for me.

Since I can only play console versions now due to health problems that prevent me from using Mouse/KB, I am worried that one day no consoles will be supported, same as XI. Hopefully I will learn to play with a controller at an adequate level by then. It is a good thing they're doing it though, PlayStation restrictions held XI back for far too long.

All I can say then is keep playing. I will not bash either but I played WoW and XI and XIV a lot too (WotLK to WoD on WoW, N/A launch to mid WotG on XI, and been playing since 2.0 launch here).

2.0's got the weakest story of the 3 imo (only starts to ramp up towards the mid 40s and before then can be a real slog), but by 3.0 it's surpassed general WoW and RoZ both. HW is comparable to CoP, although right now I am giving CoP a slight edge (HW isn't over just yet so that could change). Stormblood should be able to surpass CoP at this pace and would be a more direct comparison, but with only one expansion behind them it's hard to tell trends.

This is purely story mind you. Not gonna go down the rabbit hole for anything else.

Squishy3

All I can say then is keep playing. I will not bash either but I played WoW and XI and XIV a lot too (WotLK to WoD on WoW, N/A launch to mid WotG on XI, and been playing since 2.0 launch here).

2.0's got the weakest story of the 3 imo (only starts to ramp up towards the mid 40s and before then can be a real slog), but by 3.0 it's surpassed general WoW and RoZ both. HW is comparable to CoP, although right now I am giving CoP a slight edge (HW isn't over just yet so that could change). Stormblood should be able to surpass CoP at this pace and would be a more direct comparison, but with only one expansion behind them it's hard to tell trends.

This is purely story mind you. Not gonna go down the rabbit hole for anything else.
The other thing that's nice is none of the good story's locked behind sidequests and while they took a more FFXIV like approach with the story in Warlords/Legion there's still plenty of dumb filler (Hey hope you like grinding Artifact Power Ancient Mana and Nightfallen rep to see more of the story)

Like one of the most important quests (The one where Thrall meets Garrosh for the first time in Nagrand) in TBC has a prerequisite quest locked behind rescuing some random guy in a tent guarded by two dudes.

How do you give a potion to an ally in battle? I read that you simply select them with your cursor and use the potion, but it doesn't work for me; my character uses the potion on herself.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How do you give a potion to an ally in battle? I read that you simply select them with your cursor and use the potion, but it doesn't work for me; my character uses the potion on herself.
Can you do that? I thought healing potions can be only used on yourself, since they don't even let you choose a target.

wamberz1

If there is anyone here playing in EST, I was wondering if there is a general good time of the week to play for short queue times.

Squishy3

If there is anyone here playing in EST, I was wondering if there is a general good time of the week to play for short queue times.
Would like to point out queue times aren't actually terrible for anything that isn't actual dead content (like duty finder coil) and queue times for some of the earlier alexander turns are kinda rough (alexander roulette when jesus christ)

for the most part you're not going to wait an absurd amount of time even as a dps (hello wow's hour and a half dps queues) and it actually tells you what place in the queue you are now when queuing up for the various roulettes

wamberz1

Would like to point out queue times aren't actually terrible for anything that isn't actual dead content (like duty finder coil) and queue times for some of the earlier alexander turns are kinda rough (alexander roulette when jesus christ)

Yeah, this is what I'm having problems with. Keep getting later turns and ARR EX content in WT, But I want to clear them synced first so I don't totally ruin my experience.

Yeah, this is what I'm having problems with. Keep getting later turns and ARR EX content in WT, But I want to clear them synced first so I don't totally ruin my experience.

You should just make a party or find people in a Free Company to do those with you. You won't find many people in Duty Finder queuing up for those, and even if you get a group it'll probably end up in failure because people won't know what they're doing.

Zuly

Don't worry, people still find ways to wipe to ARR bosses even unsynced. Most notable examples are Titan, Leviathan, Ramuh, Ifrit, and King Moogle.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't get why they're starting with Carbuncle for Egi recolors - not only you stop using it fairly quickly, but they might also cause confusion, because of the default Blue - DPS / Yellow - Tank split which will be lost. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Ken

oGgXvFl.jpg

ahaha

ebil

I don't get why they're starting with Carbuncle for Egi recolors - not only you stop using it fairly quickly, but they might also cause confusion, because of the default Blue - DPS / Yellow - Tank split which will be lost. Unless I'm misunderstanding something.
You'll be able to glamour Carbuncle instead of Ifrit/Titan/Garuda-Egi even as a Summoner, that's the point of it. And they're probably starting with these because... There's actually already a ton of Carbuncle recolors in the game files.

I think they'll keep the color scheme for carbuncles, as in they probably won't allow you to just glamour Ruby Carbuncle on a tanking pet.Yoshida gave the example of Sephirot-Egi being envisioned as a tank pet during the NA fanfest, they'll probably go with this kind of restrictions in mind.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You'll be able to glamour Carbuncle instead of Ifrit/Titan/Garuda-Egi even as a Summoner, that's the point of it. And they're probably starting with these because... There's actually already a ton of Carbuncle recolors in the game files.

I think they'll keep the color scheme for carbuncles, as in they probably won't allow you to just glamour Ruby Carbuncle on a tanking pet.Yoshida gave the example of Sephirot-Egi being envisioned as a tank pet during the NA fanfest, they'll probably go with this kind of restrictions in mind.
Oh, that's how it works. I usually tuned out during letters since I'm not a fan of recolors in general. Thanks!

ebil

real interested to see what the phase change is going to be for this one judging by the one shot
All joking aside, I appreciate that they really tried to challenge the "everything is a circle arena" trope with Heavensward. We've had quite a lot of squares, rectangles and now we're getting rings as well. They've tried to better utilize their arenas and I hope they keep this trend going for Stormblood (hopefully with some verticality, even though it's a lot more challenging to design around).

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5jc8yc/ffxiv_official_census_2016/

We got numbers!!! Translated as well.

SCHs needs a fucking nerf bat to the face. PErsonally I stay true to my AST life even if our numbers are so small.

See, I can't imagine running without a whm. I had our SCH switch to ast after the buff and I feel like insta shield, light speed, and boles have saved way more runs than not.

The only one who really misses it is the whm. That fairy spam on the Mt was a tough thing to let go I imagine.

The only item you can use on others is the Phoenix Down, but you can't use it during battles so it's pretty useless.

Peroroncino

Help me out here guys, I've decided to buy today ARR CE from PSN since the price isn't that bad, however I'll probably buy Heavensward on a physical disc, my question here, do I need to buy a new one? Are there some codes inside I need to put in?

And another question, will it be possible to upgrade my physical HW to CE via MogStation?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I see. That sucks. So there is no way for me to heal my allies as a Dragoon?
Dragoon? I don't think so. You have some HP leech skills from your class/cross class skills.

There's a reason why the optimal party setting is DPSx2, Healer, Tank. ;)

aceface

Grand Company
The Maelstrom - 27%
The Immortal Flames - 31%
The Order of the Twin Adder - 41%

Nice that the community knows what the best GC is.

Also, somehow I managed to get the 4th rarest mount and the 2nd rarest minion.

Nice that the community knows what the best GC is.

Also, somehow I managed to get the 4th rarest mount and the 2nd rarest minion.
But that just means our percentage of bads vastly outnumbers the others. I mean aren't we Adders the worst performing team in PvP?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom