• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

It means everyone else passed on it and the person who rolled Greed got it because no one else needed it.

Edit: You might want to check your Chat/Log settings on the Character Customization settings. You may not have those messages to show up. I'd suggest right clicking the "General" chat on the settings and setting it to default General Settings. Click the cog on the Chat window which should open the settings I am talking about.

Ahh, it all makes total sense now. Thanks everybody for explaining this to me. I'll sure keep an eye on the chat window during my next dungeon.

As for the main game, I just arrived at the Scions of the Seventh Dawn, and I find them so cool. And the plot is interesting although still very bare-bones.

Over 48 hours on buying that Crysta and still haven't received it. I contacted support as the first time i inquired they said it wouldn't take more than 24 hours.

This time the fellow i spoke with was quite rude, i just inquired to see if they'd offer a few days of game time while the payment processes being as I've already been billed for it, and i got a bit of an ear full, afterwards only offering to cancel my purchase.

Not to be too candid but i'm alone for the holidays, a big reason i wanted to resub was just to do something akin to being social. A bit depressing. I told him to leave the purchase and hopefully it'll clear soon.

Not a particularly pleasant experience.

3 days now :(. Has anyone had such a long delay in buying Cysat? I just want to play :( lol. I'll be paying with just a credit card in the future, thats for sure. I just had some left over money in my paypal and figured i'd just use that, not anticipating any issue.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I just bought Heavsward for $10 for the PS4
I remember I had a PC key when Humble Bundle was doing a SE bundle

So I'm guessing I only get 30 free days from the PC version and nothing from Heavensward?

Also anyone got a chart on how I pick-up where I left off
IIRC, I left around T12 was introduced

So how do I Final Fantasy again?
I have to check my Character to see what I have on them, also how do jump ilvl quick
Cause I'm guessing I left @ilvl 110

Redx508

You can get some relic items and ilvl 120/130 gear, that's about it

you can buy mats also to sell

So I just bought Heavsward for $10 for the PS4
I remember I had a PC key when Humble Bundle was doing a SE bundle

So I'm guessing I only get 30 free days from the PC version and nothing from Heavensward?

Also anyone got a chart on how I pick-up where I left off
IIRC, I left around T12 was introduced

So how do I Final Fantasy again?
I have to check my Character to see what I have on them, also how do jump ilvl quick
Cause I'm guessing I left @ilvl 110

Guide:progression and Level Locked Content

GraveRobberX

Yeesh, I'm ilvl97, the fuck?
Did shit get netfed, gear score-wise?

Lodestone giving me that info

Cornbread78

Can't answer about the GAF guild--but I'm fairly certain there is. For the other 2 questions, PS4 and PC share the same servers, so you don't have to worry about that. There currently aren't boosts available but they've talked about them. I really do recommend playing through the entire game as the story is where the game really excels.

GAF guild is on Ultros

Thank you. Eventually I'll finally make up my mind, I just want to make sure I can play as much as possible in 30 days

Cmagus

I really wanna switch servers but if I do I'd lose my house. I like having a house but it also feels like a burden and I'm not sure what I wanna do.

Yeesh, I'm ilvl97, the fuck?
Did shit get netfed, gear score-wise?

Lodestone giving me that info
If you have a character at 50 you'll be able to gear fast and catch up. Pretty much everything that isn't the new content has gotten nerfs so it shouldn't be that bad for you.

If you aren't 50 Palace of the Dead is a fast way to hit 50. Plus you'll be able to get a level 60 weapon in the time it takes you to level so when you it 60 you'll have a decent weapon.

If you're only 50 I'd suggest going through Heavensward grabbing gear from dungeons until you hit 60 and then you can get the newest gear from Alexander and the new tomes.

GraveRobberX

If you have a character at 50 you'll be able to gear fast and catch up. Pretty much everything that isn't the new content has gotten nerfs so it shouldn't be that bad for you.

If you aren't 50 Palace of the Dead is a fast way to hit 50. Plus you'll be able to get a level 60 weapon in the time it takes you to level so when you it 60 you'll have a decent weapon.

If you're only 50 I'd suggest going through Heavensward grabbing gear from dungeons until you hit 60 and then you can get the newest gear from Alexander and the new tomes.

OK here goes

I have @50:
Paladin, Warrior, Blackmage, Dragoon, Ranger

30+
The rest

0:
Ninja and the 3 Heavensward classes

All Disciples of Handare 50, same for Disciples of Land

33,000,000 gil (is gil economy plateaued or RMT shenanigans put in inflation like before I left)

Fake Edit: Thanks everyone

I posted a little too quickly and not scrolling up!

Materials for crafting. Many endgame recipies require materials that can only be bought with tomestones of various types.

Poetics tomes are great for gearing up alt jobs that have just hit level 50.

Ah, I see. So I could sell the Poetics tomes on the market board for money, and use that money to buy other materials?

GraveRobberX

Ah, I see. So I could sell the Poetics tomes on the market board for money, and use that money to buy other materials?

Also if you got time to kill, gathering can you make gil if its still feasible

I gathered like a maniac, have both the Gold Axe and Gold Pick-Axe respectively for Botany and Mining

Certain items sell no matter fucking what
Made half my fortune selling to GAF crafter's in bulks

At discount to boot
I remember I sold one GAFfer like my 120+ Gold Ores, for 20% off, just worth it both of us
They made their ingots and leveled up, I made bulk money
When I need crafted materials the helped me for free
Even powrrleveled my DOH classes by making items so I can turn in rapidly to level up lol

Cool symbiotic relationship form in MMO's

Mother of God... I'm Downloading updates circa May 2014, Jesus
Only 90 minutes to go to DL all the updates on PS4, even @10MB/s

wamberz1

So is it just me or is raid finder kind of busted for ranged dps? When I queue as monk it says 30 min, but when I queue as MCH it gives me less than 5. Their's no way that can be right.

Sorry to bug---how long after I apply should I expect someone to be able to take a look? I just got back in (haven't played for 3 years). Going to try and make a Ninja this time. Hopefully I'll have more fun than when I was a Black Mage.

SkyOdin

OK here goes

I have @50:
Paladin, Warrior, Blackmage, Dragoon, Ranger

30+
The rest

0:
Ninja and the 3 Heavensward classes

All Disciples of Handare 50, same for Disciples of Land

33,000,000 gil (is gil economy plateaued or RMT shenanigans put in inflation like before I left)

Fake Edit: Thanks everyone

I posted a little too quickly and not scrolling up!
With that much gil you can easily outfit one or two level 60 jobs with top of the line endgame equipment. Buying gear for a level 50 job would be trivial. That is still a lot of gil.

Also if you got time to kill, gathering can you make gil if its still feasible

I gathered like a maniac, have both the Gold Axe and Gold Pick-Axe respectively for Botany and Mining

Certain items sell no matter fucking what
Made half my fortune selling to GAF crafter's in bulks

At discount to boot
I remember I sold one GAFfer like my 120+ Gold Ores, for 20% off, just worth it both of us
They made their ingots and leveled up, I made bulk money
When I need crafted materials the helped me for free
Even powrrleveled my DOH classes by making items so I can turn in rapidly to level up lol

Cool symbiotic relationship form in MMO's

Mother of God... I'm Downloading updates circa May 2014, Jesus
Only 90 minutes to go to DL all the updates on PS4, even @10MB/s

I see, thanks.

So I should level the Disciple of the Land classes before the Disciple of the Hand ones?

GraveRobberX

I see, thanks.

So I should level the Disciple of the Land classes before the Disciple of the Hand ones?

First level up, enjoy the story
Youll earn gil along the way

Start that stuff around down time once your a little high level, like once youve got a grasp on the world, zones, market, and what sells
Get to 10 with a few classes
Then pick which job and level up the 2 corresponding classes to unlock

Remember most stuff will be trash to sell, some items will sell boatloads during level up in gathering

You wanna do gathering a little to accumulate crystals
I went way overboard with my crystal farming

GAF can attest to this!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Sorry to bug---how long after I apply should I expect someone to be able to take a look? I just got back in (haven't played for 3 years). Going to try and make a Ninja this time. Hopefully I'll have more fun than when I was a Black Mage.
Did you already apply. I can pop in later today and accept you if you're still in limbo. If you haven't applied just make a post here and someone should let you in.

I see, thanks.

Will be easier and cheaper if you do since you'll be able to gather your own mats. Could also rotate every 5 or 10 Lvs to something like btn-> mnr-> crafting classes -> repeat if you get bored just sticking to 1 thing.

GraveRobberX

So in my Inventort box there is one page dedicated to crystals or shards. What is this for and why should I give it attention?

Crystal and Shards carry a max of 9999 for each element
When you go gather as a Disciple of Land, there will be nodes
Once you strike the node, you get a choice of material and % of what is gatherable
If you wear the right gear with right equipment, the % goes up

So say your a level 1 miner, shards and like copper and tin ore will be the best route
Once you hit 5+, newer nodes can he explored and chances of earning said material becomes better

Shards/Crystals are used for Crafting, Disciples of Hand to make stuff
Sometimes you need certain amount or mix of items
Crystals are mid level item
There's also clusters that are high and end game material, used for super recipes

You wanna have a decent amount built up for future use

Before I left, I sold everything on that page
Like 9000+ shards, 1000+ crystals, 100+ clusters for each element
I'm coming back to 0 inventory haha!

Time to Gather once Again, you can say this GraveRobber is "Reborn" again lol

Did you already apply. I can pop in later today and accept you if you're still in limbo. If you haven't applied just make a post here and someone should let you in..
Much appreciated, and no rush! I still had an account on the boards, so I changed my name on the boards to match my in-game name "Leindral Alexander". When I tried to submit an application, it said I didn't have access? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I applied in-game also.

Killthee

Crystal and Shards carry a max of 9999 for each element
When you go gather as a Disciple of Land, there will be nodes
Once you strike the node, you get a choice of material and % of what is gatherable
If you wear the right gear with right equipment, the % goes up

So say your a level 1 miner, shards and like copper and tin ore will be the best route
Once you hit 5+, newer nodes can he explored and chances of earning said material becomes better

Shards/Crystals are used for Crafting, Disciples of Hand to make stuff
Sometimes you need certain amount or mix of items
Crystals are mid level item
There's also clusters that are high and end game material, used for super recipes

You wanna have a decent amount built up for future use

Before I left, I sold everything on that page
Like 9000+ shards, 1000+ crystals, 100+ clusters for each element
I'm coming back to 0 inventory haha!

Time to Gather once Again, you can say this GraveRobber is "Reborn" again lol
They nerfed the hell out of them in Heavensward. You can gather hundreds of them in a little bit of time so they're really cheap now on the mb. Only ones that require some effort are water and ice.
Much appreciated, and no rush! I still had an account on the boards, so I changed my name on the boards to match my in-game name "Leindral Alexander". When I tried to submit an application, it said I didn't have access? Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I applied in-game also.
Can only submit an app once to the site. If you try again it'll spit out that error.

GraveRobberX

They nerfed the hell out of them in Heavensward. You can gather hundreds of them in a little bit of time so they're really cheap now on the mb. Only ones that require some effort are water and ice.

Really, damn!

Well I'll still stockpile during my 30 days of free service
Trying to put in maybe a month or two, if all goes well continue, if not, get to a point I can be ready when expansion drops

Don't wanna be too far back to say the least

First level up, enjoy the story
Youll earn gil along the way

Start that stuff around down time once your a little high level, like once youve got a grasp on the world, zones, market, and what sells
Get to 10 with a few classes
Then pick which job and level up the 2 corresponding classes to unlock

Remember most stuff will be trash to sell, some items will sell boatloads during level up in gathering

You wanna do gathering a little to accumulate crystals
I went way overboard with my crystal farming

GAF can attest to this!

Thanks

My Lancer/Dragoon is currently level 57. I'm a little over a third into the Heavensward storyline. I used the marketboard only once so far, to buy a certain lance that I needed for a relic weapon tied to a quest. I'm really not familiar with it; I guess that will come once I try out the Land/Hand classes.

Will be easier and cheaper if you do since you'll be able to gather your own mats. Could also rotate every 5 or 10 Lvs to something like btn-> mnr-> crafting classes -> repeat if you get bored just sticking to 1 thing.

Alright, thanks!

Nudull

Banned
I won't lie, Stormblood is making me want to buy Heavensward and give this game another shot. I've played the trial and liked what I played, though I fell out of it by the end.

The long game to max level seems intimidating, though I've heard plenty of times that the story gets amazing.

Ken

I won't lie, Stormblood is making me want to buy Heavensward and give this game another shot. I've played the trial and liked what I played, though I fell out of it by the end.

The long game to max level seems intimidating, though I've heard plenty of times that the story gets amazing.

it's not that bad getting to max level if you take your time

suzu

I dunno about amazing, but I liked it. Heavensward is better than ARR for sure. The level grind isn't that bad. Just try to focus on main story quests (and class quests) and you'll get there.

Apoptomon

I've used it all of twice, so it's not a big deal, but since it was mentioned the Ivalice thread...

About the GAF discord server, what do the name colours on the right mean? (Grey, green, blue, red, I think). I noticed most people were green, but a few like mine were grey. Because of no mic?

MrDaravon

I've been wanting to check this game out forever since I've heard nothing but good things about it, fanservice etc, but the Return to Ivalice announcement has sealed the deal for me. I'd be on PS4 (I don't even have a PC right now), Heavensward is the only expansion that is currently out correct? This is on sale right now on PSN for $20 that seems to include the base game and Heavensward, guessing this is the way to go?

Couple of questions otherwise:

-Is the CE for either the base game or Heavensard worth it at all? Seems like mostly cosmetic stuff so guessing no, especially at this point?

-I've always heard that this game works well with a controller, should I also get a keyboard to go with it (and maybe a mouse? Does the PS4 even support mice?)? I'm assuming that would be good for chat purposes in game.

-The PS4 version is fully cross-play etc with the PC version correct? It's my only option right now, but how bad does the PS4 version get the end of the short stick, if at all?

-Outside of obvious exceptions like endgame stuff/Raids etc how solo-friendly is the game?

This will be my first MMO, but I like FF in general, and I'm down with grinding in games in general so I think I'll be okay!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
-Is the CE for either the base game or Heavensard worth it at all? Seems like mostly cosmetic stuff so guessing no, especially at this point?
All Cosmetic, up to you.

-I've always heard that this game works well with a controller, should I also get a keyboard to go with it (and maybe a mouse? Does the PS4 even support mice?)? I'm assuming that would be good for chat purposes in game.
You're going to want a keyboard for chat purposes. Not sure about the mouse.

-The PS4 version is fully cross-play etc with the PC version correct? It's my only option right now, but how bad does the PS4 version get the end of the short stick, if at all?
PS4 is perfectly fine for this game. Servers are the same across PC and PS4

-Outside of obvious exceptions like endgame stuff/Raids etc how solo-friendly is the game?
A majority of the game can be done solo as far as story goes, with only mandatory story dungeons requiring group play.
Responses in bold.

I've used it all of twice, so it's not a big deal, but since it was mentioned the Ivalice thread...

About the GAF discord server, what do the name colours on the right mean? (Grey, green, blue, red, I think). I noticed most people were green, but a few like mine were grey. Because of no mic?
Grey names are people not registered as members. Green is registered. Everything else are people you should ignore. Especially the blue names since they're all the EuroGAF members.

MrDaravon

Responses in bold.

Thank you! I have a wireless keyboard so I should be good there, figured that would be the way to go anyway (I've always heard the combat works well with a controller as-is).

I don't want to even look at what the cosmetics in the CE's even look at because that shit is way too expensive, for RR it's $30 and that's on sale so yeahhhhhh.

Redx508

Responses in bold.

Grey names are people not registered as members. Green is registered. Everything else are people you should ignore. Especially the blue names since they're all the EuroGAF members.

why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg

i fixed your name.

j-wood

GAF, I bought heavensward today to get into FF14. I can't patch the fucking game, wth?

Everytime I get to 800MB, it bombs and says it cannot download the patch. What am I supposed to do?

Killthee

GAF, I bought heavensward today to get into FF14. I can't patch the fucking game, wth?

Everytime I get to 800MB, it bombs and says it cannot download the patch. What am I supposed to do?
It's a common issue, try this:

Hey, just to let you know that it would probably help some other poor souls if you added to the OP the solution to the patch download error on PS4. I had to switch my DNS server to one from Japan; specifically, this address: 221.186.113.106.

I was able to replicate its success a second time after I tried Google's DNS to speed up the download (which kept giving me failures still), so it should be reliable.

I don't know if it's pertinent, but I live in Canada.

cheers
If that doesn't work come back here see if anyone else has another suggestion.

j-wood

will that work on PC as well?

This is absurd issue Sony, fix this shit. Google searches show this has been going on for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom