• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
will that work on PC as well?

This is absurd issue Sony, fix this shit. Google searches show this has been going on for years.
It's a square issue I think. Something to do with the shitty patch server they're using.

If it doesn't work try the google dns server posted here.

I had this issue as well, for DNS I used 4.2.2.2 and as a secondary I used 4.2.2.3. I also had my MTU at 1450. The download was slow but it was the only solution that didn't give me errors.

Finding solutions for this shit was torture, and I'm sure you've probably tried just as much shit as I did. Hopefully it works for you so you can at least play, because the game is a ton of fun. Just a matter of getting to the point to actually play it.
And if that one doesn't work and you're on pc then you should be able to get around the issue by using a vpn like Mudfish. It'll cost you a few bucks though.

This is not an issue I have presently but is a record of a solution that worked for me, today, for future searchers. This post will hopefully save time for anyone that has this problem now or in the future.
I was unable to download patch h2014.05.27.0000.0000g. The error message was "Unable to download patch files. [30413] [25008] [20495]". The error appeared at random points near 470MB. I succeeded in downloading 6 patch files before this.
I tried the following steps: Close all background applications. Disable all security software. Clear cache. Delete download folder in My Games. Uninstall FFXIV and try again.
None of these attempts worked. What DID work was retrying the download through a free VPN. I downloaded just this one file, canceled on the next one to switch off the VPN, and resumed downloading normally. I am not done patching, but I have encountered no issues since.
This is, as others have suggested, either a routing or port issue. By using a VPN, a different route is used and (I believe) port forwarding becomes a non-issue.

Other things that worked for others, which I did not try: Waiting and trying again later. Switching from Wireless to Wired.
Some people have contacted tech support, but I have found no remarks of positive outcomes. This may simply be a failure to return to the conversation once their issue was resolved.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4j7vaj/resolved_unable_to_download_patch_files/

j-wood

Seems like the japan DNS worked on my laptop. I got past the 800MB point at least.

Man what a shitty system. This is absurd.

CLBridges

Red mage looks good, can't wait to try it. If the next job reveal is Samurai, I know it will probably be a tank. Maybe they'll go in a different route and introduce a non sword/katana tank. But, got a feeling 4.0 will be playing it safe and I'm OK with it. 5.0 is when we can get Engineer tank, Geomancer dps and Chemist healer.

Ok I guess that's it. The showcase is just some community thing.

No more info.

Probably not going to pay for the Europe one.

All the info came out on reddit including relevant video so there's not much point.

drac96

So I just took the plunge and bought the game on steam. Now it's patching, but keeps stopping because it can't download files. Seems like it's a super common issue.

I'm done messing around with my router and opening ports for games. Will this issue resolve itself, or should I just return the game?

So I just took the plunge and bought the game on steam. Now it's patching, but keeps stopping because it can't download files. Seems like it's a super common issue.

I'm done messing around with my router and opening ports for games. Will this issue resolve itself, or should I just return the game?

AuthenticM said:
Hey, just to let you know that it would probably help some other poor souls if you added to the OP the solution to the patch download error on PS4. I had to switch my DNS server to one from Japan; specifically, this address: 221.186.113.106.

I was able to replicate its success a second time after I tried Google's DNS to speed up the download (which kept giving me failures still), so it should be reliable.

I don't know if it's pertinent, but I live in Canada.

cheers

Killthee

You can try changing your dns to get around the issue and if that doesn't work or is too much effort for you, return it.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=227147801
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=227148065

Hikami

Ok I guess that's it. The showcase is just some community thing.

No more info.

Probably not going to pay for the Europe one.

All the info came out on reddit including relevant video so there's not much point.

I'm not upset that I paid for it or anything since I get a Lulu minion and the costume..

But yeah, all the videos/slides are already on reddit so I don't think I'll be buying the next one as well.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
SCOB dev: "I don't want to make fights like SCOB again."

M994S.gif

Pachimari

Installing Heavensward now, funny I thought I had it installed already but apparently not. Will start up the live stream in the meantime.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If I knew that Thavnairian Onions take 10 days to grow, I'd just buy them instead of playing with the seeds.

If I'm a fan of AoE skills, would Summoner be a good first job to check out?

I think Summoner has best AOE damage but you don't get the flashy stuff till late 50s (Painflare/Deathflare).

They mainly spread DoTs to groups of enemies then there's the two flashy AOE moves they get later.

All jobs have some form of AOE though (except Paladin).

holy shit I cannot get an Atma of the Scorpion to drop.

Turn back from whence you came. Don't bother doing that relic quest series. It's from ARR and will be immediately replaced with basic vendor weapons.

SkyOdin

holy shit I cannot get an Atma of the Scorpion to drop.
I literally spent weeks trying to get some of those Atmas when they first added them. Even with the drop rates significantly improved it is still a nightmare.
If I'm a fan of AoE skills, would Summoner be a good first job to check out?
The answer you are looking for is BLM. Nothing beats the classic Flare double tap for providing a satisfying AoE boom.

Turn back from whence you came. Don't bother doing that relic quest series. It's from ARR and will be immediately replaced with basic vendor weapons.

I thought that weapon was upgraded with each patch or expansion that came out? So wouldn't it be a good investment to start doing those quests right now, so that I can keep up with the new future upgrades?

I thought that weapon was upgraded with each patch or expansion that came out? So wouldn't it be a good investment to start doing those quests right now, so that I can keep up with the new future upgrades?

you have like 8 steps to go through. Each worse than the last. After collecting the atma, you gotta do books which require dungeons, mob kills, and fates. Then you gotta collect light which comes from doing trials. Then you gotta infuse 60 some stats of materia into your weapon. After that you gotta do more books and get crafted items. After that I dont know what you gotta do but Im guessing its the same.

If you want a for sure way of getting the atma to drop, get somebody with worse luck at atma farming than you to party with you and watch the atma rain down for you while the other guy cries. It's proven to work 100% of the time

LowParry

I think it's more of if you want the glamour. But no, a new relic quest line is ongoing which, again, will get replaced come expansion. Do you want the glamour piece of awesome and title that goes with it? Up to you.

I literally spent weeks trying to get some of those Atmas when they first added them. Even with the drop rates significantly improved it is still a nightmare.

The answer you are looking for is BLM. Nothing beats the classic Flare double tap for providing a satisfying AoE boom.

Pfff.

Flare has a damage drop off.

You havent lived until you deathflare a mob of 10+ enemies and a sea of 5k crits flashes across your screen.

iammeiam

There are two relics--the ARR one at level 50 and the Heavensward one at level 60. Getting the ARR one all the way to the very last stage, which is still a pretty big time investment, lets you skip one trivial step on the Heavensward relic (the Heavensward atma grind, funnily enough.) That is the only link between the level 50 relic and the level 60 relic, and in the time it takes you to get a single level 50 relic to Zeta (the last stage) you can probably farm out the HW atma for a relic for every job in the game.

As for whether it's a good investment or not... Depends entirely on how much fun you have grinding out the steps. It will enjoy a brief shining couple months of being the BiS weapon for everyone at the end of the expansion, but whether that justifies the time sunk into the grind is going to vary from person to person.

Killthee

Sort of, but it's not required. There's a new relic in Heavensward once you reach lv 60 and there will most likely be a new one in Stormblood at 70. If you fully complete the ARR one you can skip the first step for the HW one. If you don't have a complete relic from ARR you just start at step 1 for the HW one which doesn't take long especially compared to fully completing an ARR relic.

In short, do not do the relic unless you want to burn out fast on grinding. It is not required at all.

Just continue with the main story.

PLD has Circle of Scorn. That's it though, and it's not very strong.

I can't even call that compared to every other class that has some form of an AOE rotation.

Compare Warrior AOE to Paladin AOE for example. AOE with Warrior is pretty satisfying, especially when you get the back to back Decimates because you happened to end a previous pull with 4-5 stacks of Wrath. Popping Berserk/Vengeance/Bloodbath and watching all the damage and healing roll in is why I like pulling big groups on Warrior the most because you can do a crap ton of damage.

Compared to Paladin's weeny CoS. I would hope that they provide Paladin with an actual AOE rotation in Stormblood but I learned my lesson in expecting such things with Heavensward.

Pachimari

Oh man, only now did I install Heavensward, which I thought I had installed for months. So now I got the Heavensward menu and music, nice. I also just learned about Materia to enhance gear.

Just got to "Lord of the Inferno" in the MSQ.

Squishy3

Oh man, only now did I install Heavensward, which I thought I had installed for months. So now I got the Heavensward menu and music, nice. I also just learned about Materia to enhance gear.

Just got to "Lord of the Inferno" in the MSQ.
Don't let it play the opening movie by lingering on the title screen if you don't want spoilers

Pachimari

Don't let it play the opening movie by lingering on the title screen if you don't want spoilers

Good to know, I'll make sure not to play the opening movie.

I'm about to fight my first Primal. Scared as hell.

I also just learned about dying my gear, and that I can have a helper holding my items and such. Lots to learn still.

mdzapeer

I have been playing realm reborn on and off since the beta, finished the heavensward MSQ patch as BLM but want to level my other classes too, I was playing main as PLD in Realm Reborn.

So the problem is inventory space, I have lots of low level crafting mats sitting on my retainers, what should I do with them? sell on them on the martket or just sell them to NPCs?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have been playing realm reborn on and off since the beta, finished the heavensward MSQ patch as BLM but want to level my other classes too, I was playing main as PLD in Realm Reborn.

So the problem is inventory space, I have lots of low level crafting mats sitting on my retainers, what should I do with them? sell on them on the martket or just sell them to NPCs?
Check the market, but there's a high chance of most of them being worthless.

Pachimari

I've been playing a lot and is finally to get my own chocobo soon! I thought I would be able to get it right away when joining a Grand Company, but it seems I need to do some MSQs first before I can collect seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom