• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

I just reached Matoya's Cave.

wow. That music brings me back. It's so beautiful. One of the best tracks I've heard so far in the game.

kinda disappointed that the little brooms were not speaking backwards though, haha

On your spoiler: don't they? I know they do later on.

On blind faith I woke up at 5:30am to see if I could catch a pug for the end story instance (OG)

And by some miracle it worked!

I might just be able to pull this off and finish the OG main story in the remaining free days I have left.

Squishy3

Thanks Squishy
Is reaching Floor 200 feasable with a match made group?

I'm guessing the Aether Arms and Armor +## matters on the higher floors

Almost a 2:1 ratio on Arms to Armor
+51 on Arms and +27 on Armor
Want to reach the final floor

I mean in the long run I need it to get to 60 WAR
Just wondering if I need to grind lower levels of PotD until Armor is up to snuff the higher levels
Floors 101-200 can only be done with a premade group. But that rating sounds pretty decent for floors 51-100, and you start to get upgrades like candy on those floors.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thanks aceface
Anything good on Floors 101-200?
Extra loot or something?
Do people even run it?

Trying to get at least WAR 255 Weapon at least, not gonna super grind cause, better gear will be out

Just want to reach a good ilvl + hopefully finish up ARR MSQ, up to some recruiting part, heading towards Shiva
Then get into Heavensward, let's see what I get to in this 30 day freebee

aceface

Thanks aceface
Extra loot or something?
Do people even run it?

Trying to get at least WAR 255 Weapon at least, not gonna super grind cause, better gear will be out

Just want to reach a good ilvl + hopefully finish up ARR MSQ, up to some recruiting part, heading towards Shiva

You get better and better things from Accursed hoard the further you go. Floor 150+ you can get a mount that sells for about 20mil on the MB (Night Pegasus). I've also picked up some glamour items from accursed hoard floors 100+ that sell in excess of a million. Replica dye-able high allagan stuff and glowing primal weapons. Other that no reason to do it other than the accomplishment of getting to 200.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks aceface
Extra loot or something?
Do people even run it?

Chance at getting a pony during the last 50 floors and a housing item for finishing it.

daed175b1d777699bbb13f468603f0e5ea71c54d.jpg

As for ilv, I wouldn't worry about it. They've made it pretty easy and cheap to craft gear this cycle. Could probably get a full ilv 250 set made for ~5m or less once you reach 60.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks aceface
Extra loot or something?
Do people even run it?

Those hidden random drops (forgot the name), supposedly get pretty great on floors 151+.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
When does MP start to become an issue? So far as of level 8 it regens faster than I use it spamming ruin on my conjurer. I'm always at like 95-100%

Zuly

When does MP start to become an issue? So far as of level 8 it regens faster than I use it spamming ruin on my conjurer. I'm always at like 95-100%

No one really has MP issues with the exceptions of maybe Healers, if the party is failing pretty badly, because resurrecting people costs a lot of MP and even then, if you use your MP refresh cooldowns properly, you shouldn't run into MP issues.

MrDaravon

Few hours in, level 8, running around doing quests etc. Still have many questions but the only one I'll ask for the moment: do you just get used to the map, or is there a trick to using it or what? Using the map is the only thing I'm really struggling with interface wise at the moment, it just seems super awkward to use and find stuff, toggle between locations etc. I'm sure at least some of it is just getting used to it, and I've never played and MMO so I'm not sure if there's some shared knowledge there people are used to, but are there any options or anything I can change that help that out? I'd like to make it a bit bigger but I didn't see that one in the HUD options for some reason, same with the chat in the lower left (both of which I'd like to make bigger as well as move more into the corners). Other than that so far most everything else makes sense.

Also saw a few people with a GAF clantag running around Gridania!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
As conjurer it can be a bit hectic at 15 once you get into your first dungeon. Took me a while to get the sense of how hard enemies hit and when it's best to not heal. It progressively gets easier after that once you nail that down and eventually you get abilities that help replenish your mp making it a nonissue for most content. As for single player playing in the over world, it's pretty uncommon you run out of mp before killing the thing you're bashing and when it happens it's more of an annoyance than guaranteed death.
Few hours in, level 8, running around doing quests etc. Still have many questions but the only one I'll ask for the moment: do you just get used to the map, or is there a trick to using it or what? Using the map is the only thing I'm really struggling with interface wise at the moment, it just seems super awkward to use and find stuff, toggle between locations etc. I'm sure at least some of it is just getting used to it, and I've never played and MMO so I'm not sure if there's some shared knowledge there people are used to, but are there any options or anything I can change that help that out? I'd like to make it a bit bigger but I didn't see that one in the HUD options for some reason, same with the chat in the lower left (both of which I'd like to make bigger as well as move more into the corners). Other than that so far most everything else makes sense.

Also saw a few people with a GAF clantag running around Gridania!
I got used to it. Default settings are a bit of a mess. Think I zoomed it out a bit, reduced the font size, and increased the map window.

You can make the window for it and the chat bigger by using the mouse cursor via the touchpad (crappy method) or the virtual mouse (good method/ L1+R3).

demonkaze

Those hidden random drops (forgot the name), supposedly get pretty great on floors 151+.

Does floors 100-200 require a full party. Been doing it in a duo (MCH+DRK) and we just beat floor 100 for the first time with not too many problems. Also, what aetherpool levels should we have going into floor 100+?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No one really has MP issues with the exceptions of maybe Healers, if the party is failing pretty badly, because resurrecting people costs a lot of MP and even then, if you use your MP refresh cooldowns properly, you shouldn't run into MP issues.

By the time MP becomes an issue you'll be given tools to manage it.

That's good to hear. Going OOM during run of the mill DPS encounters is a drag and I'm glad that's not the route this game seems to have taken.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Does floors 100-200 require a full party. Been doing it in a duo (MCH+DRK) and we just beat floor 100 for the first time with not too many problems. Also, what aetherpool levels should we have going into floor 100+?
99/99 is the best and it doesn't take that long to get it.
As for the party, as long as it's fixed, the number of members doesn't matter. I got to 132 solo and the only 2 requirements are:
1) Same fixed party as floors 51-100
2) No wipes on 51+. Once you wipe, you have to start from 51 again.

That said, while 101-151 might be okay, 151+ duo might get rough, since regular mobs start using doom and get much harder to kill.

SkyOdin

That's good to hear. Going OOM during run of the mill DPS encounters is a drag and I'm glad that's not the route this game seems to have taken.
You should see the Thaumaturge/Black Mage. They can regenerate 80% of their MP in a single tick as part of their normal attack rotation. Bottoming out on mana then regenerating it instantly is something they do multiple times per minute.

Anoregon

You should see the Thaumaturge/Black Mage. They can regenerate 80% of their MP in a single tick as part of their normal attack rotation. Bottoming out on mana then regenerating it instantly is something they do multiple times per minute.

I'll be trying out Thamauturge on this char shortly since I need it for Summoner anyway, so I'll be looking forward to that

General leveling question: If I'm already a level or two higher than all the quests I'm getting in an area, should I just ignore everything that isn't part of the main questline?

IvorB

These MSQs are killing me. They're so awful.

Talk to this NPC

*talks to NPC*

Talk to this NPC again

*talks to NPC again*

Talk to this NPC...again

*screams internally*

Talk to this NPC one last time

FOR FUCKS SAKE

The worst is when you do something or finish a dungeon or whatever and the guy is standing right outside. You go and talk to them and they say come and talk to me back at xyz place. JUST TALK TO ME RIGHT HERE WTF?

BHK3

Banned
No. There are data centers and the group of servers within them. Your friend is on a server within an EU data center. There is a feature coming out soon that lets you make parties with people anywhere on your data center. It's data center specific though, so someone an a NA data center will not be able to make a group with someone from an EU data center.

So basically you're either on the same server as your friend, on the same data center as your friend (which is pointless, you may as well join his server), or you're on a different data center and will not be able to play together. I can't speak to the "slight" part in slight lag either. Maybe someone from the EU who played on a NA data center previously can comment what that was like.

That's so stupid, I bought the game because I didn't think region locking was still a thing in video games...

wamberz1

The worst is when you do something or finish a dungeon or whatever and the guy is standing right outside. You go and talk to them and they say come and talk to me back at xyz place. JUST TALK TO ME RIGHT HERE WTF?

bUUpvxd.jpg

Thank god for the armoury system, If I had to do MSQ for every alt I think I would go insane.

NeoCross

I've finally bought the game and heavensward and about to start. Which job in FFXIV is most similar to a shadow priest from WoW? I wanna heal and do some DPS at the same time, does such a class exist in FFXIV?

Zuly

I've finally bought the game and heavensward and about to start. Which job in FFXIV is most similar to a shadow priest from WoW? I wanna heal and do some DPS at the same time, does such a class exist in FFXIV?

Every healer has, and is expected, to DPS but the one that gets to DPS the most because of their pet is Scholar.

Guess Who

Banned

You probably want to be a Scholar, which branches off from Arcanist.

SkyOdin

I'll be trying out Thamauturge on this char shortly since I need it for Summoner anyway, so I'll be looking forward to that

General leveling question: If I'm already a level or two higher than all the quests I'm getting in an area, should I just ignore everything that isn't part of the main questline?
Feel free to do so. You can always come back and do them later with a different job. Don't ignore any quest that has a special icon or an image included in the quest description though. Those do things such as unlock dungeons.

Omni

Yay, got the i275 AST weapon. Also everyone in my static has the mount now so next week I should get it, which is exciting. Was allowed to roll on it for the last month but figured that since I joined the group late, that everyone else should get it before me.

It's good to know you didn't get them based on your hair choice, that must feel good.

If I had my way, my character would be using one of the femRoe haircuts but apparently it's exclusive to them. I still like that one though D:

eliza0224

Damn this game is addictive. SE didn't delete my char from the beta, which was already on Ultros, so I'm rolling with that one 😁

Level 12 for now, can't wait to get back home and slay some monsters!

dramatis

That's so stupid, I bought the game because I didn't think region locking was still a thing in video games...
It's not region locking, you can play on any server. The difference is that different servers are located physically in different places around the world, so you will have lag the further you are from the server you play on.

The reason why there are multiple servers instead of one where everyone plays on is because of server load. The game isn't built for everyone to be able to play on one 'shell', as far as I know only one MMO has, and that's EVE Online.

garath

Finally caught my warrior up to my ninja. Started as ninja and got up to MSQ lvl43 before deciding to start over as a tank. Spent a lot of time in PotD and daily roulette. Went pretty quick. Probably did it in half the time of the ninja. But finally able to progress the MSQ again. Just beat Garuda and down to the last 10 or so quests before 2.1.

On floor 91 in PotD too. Going to try to hit 100 today. Will be all set for the weapon when I hit 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom