• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being this up but on the topic of the new job speculation I think it's gonna be a range physical dps.

We have 3 tanks, 3 melee dps, 3 magic dps (with red Mage now), 3 healers, but only 2 range physical.

And given the Spider-Man shirt, are their any FF jobs that uses strings or whips?

Qvoth

So uhhh
I was running POTD floor 16 when a slime exploded and wiped my entire group.
Any idea what happened?

some monsters have skills that wipe if you don't kill it fast enough
don't remember if you can stun/silence that particular one or not

So uhhh
I was running POTD floor 16 when a slime exploded and wiped my entire group.
Any idea what happened?

That's just what slimes do if they aren't killed fast enough.

Focus then down asap. Do not include them in big pulls otherwise where you try to aoe everything down or they may not die in time.

Random groups can put you in groups where someone just cashed in their points and are way below stats wise where they should be.

wamberz1

That's just what slimes do if they aren't killed fast enough.

Focus then down asap. Do not include them in big pulls otherwise where you try to aoe everything down or they may not die in time.

Random groups can put you in groups where someone just cashed in their points and are way below stats wise where they should be.

some monsters have skills that wipe if you don't kill it fast enough
don't remember if you can stun/silence that particular one or not

Holy shit. I'm never looking at slimes the same way again.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Up to almost 50 Sophia clears and no mount....

And I still have no clue how to read the Sophia clones and know which areas are safe zones. I just follow everyone else.

Squishy3

Up to almost 50 Sophia clears and no mount....

And I still have no clue how to read the Sophia clones and know which areas are safe zones. I just follow everyone else.
Alright, so in the first phase she tethers thunder 3 to two, that means the area under the 2 illusions are safe zones) and thunder 2 tethering to one clone means the area behind the illusion is safe. (as it's a frontal cone)

In the 3rd phase and the tilts start occurring, the rotation is the same every fight. Thunder 3 to two clones, make note of which 2 are safe and then after the tankbuster occurs she'll send the head to shoot a laser across one of the safe zones, so you run to the clone that isn't in line with the head. The next one will be thunder 2+aero+meteors, make note of which one is the thunder 2 clone, then run to the side of the arena furthest from the thunder 2 clone until quasar is finished casting (meteors) and run behind the thunder 2 clone. generally it'll be far enough away from one of the aero 3 clones to allow for better positioning for the sin/punishment mechanic as well.

Thorgal

Trying out Lancer a bit.

So... looking at the skills I have... I just use Impulse Drive over and over?

Lancer is notoriously boring before lvl 26 since all you do until then is basically

yYfiCRh.png

Hey peeps, just got this game and downloading. What is the best server to join? The OP says Ultros whereas I'm reading people say join Balmung?

Alfebit

Banned
I forgot to change my voice when loading my appearance data.

Now it's going to bug me unless I spend the $10 just to change it.

I'm so salty right now.

Qvoth

I'm so salty right now.

depending on your classes, your character might not make any voices much, casters don't make much noises for example
pretty sure all physical (melee and ranged) do though during their actions

Hey peeps, just got this game and downloading. What is the best server to join? The OP says Ultros whereas I'm reading people say join Balmung?

self quoting
gaf guild is in ultros
RP server is balmung
biggest NA server with the most population is gilgamesh i think?
these 3 servers are very popular afaik so it could be hard to make a new character there
if you're in south east asia or oceania, then tonberry is the server of choice, it's in the japanese data centre but it has a huge english population

Kalor

I've been thinking of buying this with the PSN sale but I've got one question. Does the subscription start when you buy the game or when you boot it and set everything up?

I've been thinking of buying this with the PSN sale but I've got one question. Does the subscription start when you buy the game or when you boot it and set everything up?
It only starts when you register an account

I'm so salty right now.
As long as it's not the "orgasm loli" voice you're gucci

dramatis

But I just got told that me being NA I can't play with my EU friend because I have to be on his datacenter. But once I'm in his datacenter I'm locked in and can't go back without paying a fee.
That's still not region locking. Region locking means you can only play your region's version of the game.

You can make a character on your friend's server to play. Then you can get on an NA server and make a character to play. The reason why you would make a character on your friend's server is to play with him. The only instance where you would need to pay a fee is if you want to move a character you already made to a different server.

There is technically region locking, for the korean and chinese versions of the game(and there might be some IP block on playing from these regions on NA/EU/JP servers, although I'm not entirely sure). Rest of the servers aren't region locked and you can make chars on NA, EU and JP servers all at the same time.

Reknoc

Sorry for being this up but on the topic of the new job speculation I think it's gonna be a range physical dps.

We have 3 tanks, 3 melee dps, 3 magic dps (with red Mage now), 3 healers, but only 2 range physical.

And given the Spider-Man shirt, are their any FF jobs that uses strings or whips?

Puppateer and Beastmaster use strings and whips respectively.

but here's my guess: Blue Mage Tank. We've got boring tank, angry tank, and edgy tank. Now it's time for suicidal tank, (well, other than 99% of the tanks doing Sohm Al) a tank that only gets to use its powers by getting hit by enemies. Like, I think there's enough shared mechanics (conal, meteor, stack attack, circle) for that to probably work.

ebil

but here's my guess: Blue Mage Tank. We've got boring tank, angry tank, and edgy tank. Now it's time for suicidal tank, (well, other than 99% of the tanks doing Sohm Al) a tank that only gets to use its powers by getting hit by enemies. Like, I think there's enough shared mechanics (conal, meteor, stack attack, circle) for that to probably work.
Man, I would love a whip-using job in this game. FF needs more whips.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I think I'm in Ragnarok but it seems pretty empty for the most part, at least down here leveling and going through the story.

ebil

I think I'm in Ragnarok but it seems pretty empty for the most part, at least down here leveling and going through the story.
We're at the end of a patch with a new one coming in 3 weeks so it's pretty normal. Aside from the usual raiders in Idyllshire it's pretty quiet at the moment. Party finder is very active though but that's endgame.

ilium

I always thought it was ridiculous that they'd give you the option to listen to emote voice samples during character creation and omit the one sample you're going to hear all the freaking time during gameplay (as melee or archer)
like come on SE, don't be so fucking dense for once!
the voice I picked is driving me insane and now I need to waste a fantasia potion on that, jeez...

Chille

Gonna try some a9s again tonight we got down to 3% before it healed I will clear this before the end of 2016! maybe probably
in another parallel universe

Pastulio

Banned
Haven't bought it yet, does this get better in Heavensword? Or is this kind of the MO of quests in this game?

Aren't they supposed to get really better as soon as we reach Heavensward content?

I felt like Heavensward was worse. As many people have said in this thread, the amount of backtracking from NPCs is ridiculous. There's literally one quest where the objective says"talk to this person.... again," almost like the NA team is mocking the JP Devs. If you're the kind of person that reads all quest dialogue, you're in for a LOOONG slog because it really does drag with filler dialogue. Every character takes 4-5 sentences to say Yes/No in a dramatic way.

Pachimari

I'm at MSQ 64, a dungeon, but I'm thinking I should probably do some of those side quests+ blue icons, are they called levequests? So that I can open up more features, and maybe level up my lvl. 7 pugilist.

There's an alternate pose for /sit where your legs are folded under you. I use that and go AFK in less populated areas.

I'll look for this.

zarnold56

I purchased this game when it was $10 on amazon and looking forward to playing it in the new year. I usually play healer characters in MMO's and wondering how the healing is on PS4. I have tried ESO and Neverwinter on the console and healing was pretty much smart and AOE heals. Does this use that or targeted direct heals? Is it ok on the controller?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Something I'm still not clear on is what exactly happens to your character when you swap to a new job/class. For instance, I am planning to go Summoner on my current character, so when I hit 30 as arcanist and then swap over to a level 1 thaum, do all of my stats drop down? Am I essentially a level one character at that point and need to do low level quests in low level gear? Also, how does having levels in multiple jobs influence your total character level (or is that just whatever your highest job is?)

Something I'm still not clear on is what exactly happens to your character when you swap to a new job/class. For instance, I am planning to go Summoner on my current character, so when I hit 30 as arcanist and then swap over to a level 1 thaum, do all of my stats drop down? Am I essentially a level one character at that point and need to do low level quests in low level gear? Also, how does having levels in multiple jobs influence your total character level (or is that just whatever your highest job is?)

Leveling for each class is handled separately. There's no "total character level." You are correct that if you switch to a level 1 thaumaturge you will be a level 1 character only able to equip level 1 gear, until you switch back to your previous higher level class.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
hrmm, ok. That is a bit more grindy than I was hoping. I guess that's why we have levequests.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm at MSQ 64, a dungeon, but I'm thinking I should probably do some of those side quests+ blue icons, are they called levequests? So that I can open up more features, and maybe level up my lvl. 7 pugilist.
Definitely do blue mark quests - you can use the feature unlock guide which has been posted multiple times in the last few pages to make it easier.

You don't really have to touch levequests unless you want some experience and your gaming session is too short for a set of PotD floors/a full dungeon run.

Deku Tree

So can I buy the digital code on Amazon for $15 and then start a free trial on PSN and then play for two weeks and then input my digital code into PSN and then play for another month and that way get 45 days of play time without paying a sub fee?

Is there two weeks worth of stuff to do in the trial? Does my progress carry over from the trial? Thanks!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So can I buy the digital code on Amazon for $15 and then start a free trial on PSN and then play for two weeks and then input my digital code into PSN and then play for another month and that way get 45 days of play time without paying a sub fee?

Is there two weeks worth of stuff to do in the trial? Does my progress carry over from the trial? Thanks!
Yes, you can do that. Yes, you can keep playing the same character. As for the stuff to do, it depends on how many hours you put into it. You could probably get through the trial stuff in a day or few.

Arkeband

Banned
I have a free ARR code and have been wondering if that can be used with Refer-A-Friend - could someone make an account with RAF and then use my code to give themselves the full version?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I have a free ARR code and have been wondering if that can be used with Refer-A-Friend - could someone make an account with RAF and then use my code to give themselves the full version?
Probably. I don't think there's a distinction there, a code is a code. :)

Maybe BLU tank unlocks moves the more damage it takes during a fight. Or it has a taunt/preparation move that when used unlocks the next tier of special abilities if you are hit.

I don't know.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hmm... Now the hard part is finding an RL friend or someone on GAF who will actually use the code and not just resell it for a few bucks...
If you decide to give it to someone on GAF, remember to mention what region the code is for, since the regions of the SE account, code, and (if this is a console code) the PSN account the game is going to be played on all have to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom