• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chille

Ladies and gentlemen, Final Fantasy XIV....

YQGGY9s.png

I got my big cock out for everyone to see
C1BOI8VXEAAovZ8.jpg

Zomba13

Ladies and gentlemen, Final Fantasy XIV....

http://i.imgur.com/YQGGY9s.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well... they aren't wrong.

[quote="Kyoufu, post: 227450789"]It took 175, [I]one hundred and seventy five[/I] main story quests for A Realm Reborn's plot to get somewhat interesting.[/QUOTE]

And I bet around 150 of them were spent getting cheese and wine for a fucking party while Titan rampages about.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It took 175, one hundred and seventy five main story quests for A Realm Reborn's plot to get somewhat interesting.

I have to say I am definitely enjoying the game but I'm fairly daunted by repeated reports of the sheer volume of MSQ'S that are required to get to relevant content once I hit 50+ on a char.

Deku Tree

Anyone want to give me a friend referral code? What do I get for using it just a temporary 20% exp boost?

What do you get for referring me?

If I start with the trial before moving to the full game when do I put in the referral code?

Capella

Anyone want to give me a friend referral code? What do I get for using it just a temporary 20% exp boost?

If I start with the trial before moving to the full game when do I put in the referral code?

Here is the recruit a friend website with all of the info about what you get and what the recruiter gets. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/

It only works if you actually buy a subscription, the 30 days free that comes with buying ARR does not count. If you have a free trial you should see Enter Recruitment Code under account services in Mog Station.

Zuly

I can refer you but I would need an email, I think. The people who refer get unique currency to redeem special rewards.

Edit: What Capella said. ^^

You need a subscription otherwise the recruitment code doesn't work. It's a very simple process. You just give your email to the recruiter and they can send you a code.

suzu

For the recruiter: You can just email it to yourself and then copy & paste the referral code for people as well.

Flandy

So is there any way to get cheap time cards? I forgot I tried this game out ages ago but didn't actually play. When I bought my new copy I didn't get the free month since I tied it to the same account ;_;

mamaged to get into Ultros at least. Had to do it at 6:40 AM Pacific

hitmon

I'm considering starting FF XIV for the first time. If I elect to start a trial, if I purchase this bundle from amazon does the 30 days free from the bundle still apply after the trial ends?

Edit: Nevermind, I just noticed the Q&A at the bottom of the product page. I guess it doesn't stack.

Lanrutcon

Ok, resubbed, server transferred.

I know this is a big ask, but can anyone give me some gearing advice? Last time I played was with the launch of the Alexander raids. I'm an ilvl 183 Scholar.

I just checked the "what to do at 60 guide" and the gearing options are confusing me. I just need some bullet points as to where to focus my attention (apart from catching up with the main quest).

MrDaravon

I'm dumb; I'm applying for the GAF FC on the guildwork page and on the actual application it asks for Character, Character Name and NeoGAF username. What is it wanting under Character, like my character's race/gender or?

I'm incredibly sick of getting literally nonstop FC invites and people DM'ing me in Gridania every time I go back there asking if I want to join a FC lol.

Are regular events better than these holiday ones? They've been sort of quick, goofy things which I mean, that's cool, but I was just wondering if there are longer ones that are more in depth.

I'm dumb; I'm applying for the GAF FC on the guildwork page and on the actual application it asks for Character, Character Name and NeoGAF username. What is it wanting under Character, like my character's race/gender or?

I'm incredibly sick of getting literally nonstop FC invites and people DM'ing me in Gridania every time I go back there asking if I want to join a FC lol.
I just put the same thing for character as character's name.

LProtag

Just unlocked Dragoon.

Let me see if I have this right:
1. Keep up buffs (Heavy Thrust + Internal Release) and DoTs (Phlebotomize) as much as possible
2. True Thrust Combo (use Life Surge on Full Thrust when possible)
3. Off GCD abilities when available, or to interrupt (Jump + Leg Sweep)
4. Other buff stuff when needed to stay alive (Keen Flurry + Bloodbath)
5. Second Wind if I'm dying, Invigorate if I'm low on TP

Am I getting this right? Missing anything?

Zomba13

Just unlocked Dragoon.

Let me see if I have this right:
1. Keep up buffs (Heavy Thrust + Internal Release) and DoTs (Phlebotomize) as much as possible
2. True Thrust Combo (use Life Surge on Full Thrust when possible)
3. Off GCD abilities when available, or to interrupt (Jump + Leg Sweep)
4. Other buff stuff when needed to stay alive (Keen Flurry + Bloodbath)
5. Second Wind if I'm dying, Invigorate if I'm low on TP

Am I getting this right? Missing anything?

6. Stand in all the AoEs and stay dead the entire fight.

Don't do this. This is a DRG joke.

Played it finally for two hours this morning, my first MMORPG

After finally creating my character, a dark skinned Hyur woman, I chose a magic oriented job as it is the main attack I use in JRPGS.

I got into Limsa Lominsa and the city is quite beautiful and fun to explore. There is a lot of sidequests which aren't necessarily interesting in themselves but the flair accompanying text is interesting.

I got to kill my first mobs and it was pretty cool the battle system as like FF XII and Xenoblade's (I know it is the other way around :) )

I can't wait to level up a bit so I can take more advanced side quests with gaffers and do the main quest :)

Redx508

you can put the same name for both

Kyoufu

Finally done with ARR quests. Never again!

I hope HW is much better in not just narrative quality but quest design quality too.

MrDaravon

I just put the same thing for character as character's name.

you can put the same name for both

Thanks! I just applied...I think? When I hit submit the page refreshed to my information with a Leave Feedback form on the bottom, and it just takes me to this page whenever I hit Application again up top so I guess I'm good? Next time I get on I'll keep an eye out for any GAFers, I've seen a couple randomly in Gridania.

Redx508

Thanks! I just applied...I think? When I hit submit the page refreshed to my information with a Leave Feedback form on the bottom, and it just takes me to this page whenever I hit Application again up top so I guess I'm good? Next time I get on I'll keep an eye out for any GAFers, I've seen a couple randomly in Gridania.

hey i'm online now i can get you in the FC if you still online ingame

MrDaravon

hey i'm online now i can get you in the FC if you still online ingame

I'm not unfortunately, probably will be back later tonight though. I'm in no huge rush or anything, I was going to join the GAF FC regardless but the constant FC invites in Gridania were getting extra annoying lol.

This game is so damn good.

I hope after FFXV releasing there are more subscribers to the game because it deserves it. So much content to do. Coming from a WoW background to this, there are so many things this game does better and surprisingly, playing with a controller isn't as hard as i thought it'd be.

The cutscenes fill out the story much more than WoW ever did. I wish there were more but hey it's an MMO.

The combat system is pretty solid but more than that, the tutorial quests (where it teaches you how to play your class role in a group) are a welcome addition that I don't recall WoW ever having. For me this was great and hope there are more of these refreshers as grinding solo can be tedious at times which just makes you do the task at hand, not worried about how you play so much. (I'm a Lvl. 16 Lancer so my DPS shreds most of the weak ass enemies so far in the map around the various 'Shroud' areas.)

Crafting I can tell will take me hours on hours to perfect which is great.

Loving the ability to change classes/armour sets + hotkey sets on the fly.

My main negative is the 'Auction House'... I don't understand why there is such a massive barrier to putting this up to auction, level wise. Why can't I stick my early crafted items to sell and make some money while I'm out adventuring? There's an unnecessary barrier there for low level characters which makes some of the prices very poor for those low level items on the Market Board.

Overall FFXIV is a great game + great MMO. Can't wait to hit the expansion up soon (too much Christmas spending has let me down so haven't gotten to the Au Ra(?), dragon blood race yet). I hope the content keeps coming for a long time as post FFXV, this is exactly what this adventurer needed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Few weeks with DRG leveled...

I don't really like it. I don't think melee jobs are for me. I like having a bigger picture of the actions from a ranged perspective.

I raise you shoulder tackling off the edge of ozma because of mis-targeting one of the floating adds (did this back on my first wc run. good times). I'd like to see a DRG top that.

In the old days when Bard were mobile, the good ones knew exactly when to Repelling Shot off the arena on fights like Titan and Leviathan.

MrDaravon

I just ran into Menolly (sp?) who was AFK in Central Shroud and send a FC request, hope I did it right. I had to figure out how to even get the submenu to open when someone was targeted lol.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's weird getting used to the idea that there's no real point in having alts. I've always been a bit of an altoholic, but the job system combined with all the mandatory MSQ shit makes it seem pretty redundant to bother.

I guess I better not get tired of playing a big silly Roeg.

It's weird getting used to the idea that there's no real point in having alts. I've always been a bit of an altoholic, but the job system combined with all the mandatory MSQ shit makes it seem pretty redundant to bother.

I guess I better not get tired of playing a big silly Roeg.
Thats where Fantasia addiction comes into play

Anoregon

I had to google that. I see you get a free one after your first month of paid sub. I might end up using that to be a dragon mans. I don't like their default standing animation but their running animation is cool.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
"Aww cmon, just one more, I know last time you were an Au Ra you didn't like it so much but surely it'll be different with a Raen instead of a Xaela!"

You've gone down a dark path when instead of changing races, you're changing your skin tone a few shades and maybe your eye color too.

Anoregon

You've gone down a dark path when instead of changing races, you're changing your skin tone a few shades and maybe your eye color too.

I was bummed to discover you can't do that with the aesthetician. The barber in WoW lets you change every appearance option you could customize at character creation (other than race)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom