• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

The FC invites are nonstop in Gridania, I really need to get on going through the process to get on the GAF FC just to hopefully get them to stop lol.

Yay. I beat the game. Lol. 2.0 at least. Going to have to go back and watch the cutscenes later. Those last two 8-man trials went pretty fast. Tank leading us super quick.

Now to get through the 100 quests until Heavensward.

Take your time and enjoy the story.

You have amazing boss fights to look forward to for 3.0 and 3.4 which closes out the story.

Apoptomon

Is there a good guide to help me figure out what class I would want to play as and what place I would want to start at?
There's this reddit thread that has overviews of the classes. Remember that you can join new classes once you reach level 10 on your first, so you can try them all (well, all the 2.0 classes, to start with) to find one that you like.

There's this reddit thread that has overviews of the classes. Remember that you can join new classes once you reach level 10 on your first, so you can try them all (well, all the 2.0 classes, to start with) to find one that you like.

To add on to this, leveling new classes gets much easier when you hit 50 and all lower level classes get +50% enemy xp. So do not fret on picking the 'right' or 'best' one at first or being worried about grinding too much. You can easily change whenever.

So focus on the story, and everyday choose one class to do you leveling roulette (which has a great xp bonus at the end) and before you know it you leveled it up just playing it for a half hour everyday

Effect

Just started playing again, seems I had free time I didn't realize I had. Do people no longer chat in the cities? On Leviathan and it's so quiet in the Ul'dah and in the areas I've been in that I know people are running around in.

Just started playing again, seems I had free time I didn't realize I had. Do people not longer chat in the cities? On Leviathan and it's so quiet in the Ul'dah and in the areas I've been in that I know people are running around in.

I suppose most of the player chat is up in Idylshire since that's the endgame town.

grimmiq

Finally got around to re-subbing after a 6month+ break, going to take a while to get used to things again, I guess it'll be a good time to level a couple of alt jobs, before I stopped I was more or less up to date with gear, now there's stuff 70lvls above me on the AH.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, you pretty much have to make characters in the morning. I'm already planning the one I'm going to make tomorrow.

Yeah, you pretty much have to make characters in the morning. I'm already planning the one I'm going to make tomorrow.
Suggestion: make the character whenever you have time and spend a while on getting it perfect. Then save the appearance data. When the server you want is open, you can instantly load your appearance data and get to playing ASAP. Or just to reserve the spot when you can if you have to rush out the door when the new character window is open.

So I saved my appearance data. Does that mean if I quit the character creator I can load the appearance data back up and I won't lose my progress?

Yes! :)

suzu

So I saved my appearance data. Does that mean if I quit the character creator I can load the appearance data back up and I won't lose my progress?

Yeah. Not sure if class and server preference is saved. So you might want to double check those after you load it back up.

Renewed

Setup a character on Coeurl for some friends and going through the paces again. Went through 10 levels of Pugilist and 12 levels of Thaumaturge, I think I enjoy THM more.

Tanking as my first job (in my first MMO) has been, unsurprisingly, a bit rough.

A healer lost his shit at me and said I was too hard to heal as was I taking too much damage. Huh? I thought that was my role?

I do get a buzz from dungeons though, my god. When everyone is working together it's such a moment of WE ARE DOING THIS. Wish I could change the victory animation after beating a dungeon, though.

Reknoc

Tanking as my first job (in my first MMO) has been, unsurprisingly, a bit rough.

A healer lost his shit at me and said I was too hard to heal as was I taking too much damage. Huh? I thought that was my role?

I do get a buzz from dungeons though, my god. When everyone is working together it's such a moment of WE ARE DOING THIS. Wish I could change the victory animation after beating a dungeon, though.

Depends on how much damage you're taking. If I blink and you're suddenly down to half heath that's a little concerning, especially if you're pulling way too much (I doubt you are if you're just starting). Make sure you're gear is up to date mind, and you're making good use of your cool downs.

CLBridges

Finally got Monk up to 60. Such a fun class to play, every skill/action just goes so well with the rotation. Gonna gear it up a bit but still main bard because that's still my favorite job. Next job to 60 I think will be Machinist.

That is pretty crazy. What level and or dungeon did this happen at?

Where you pulling more than the usual mob of 2-3 enemies? It could be you met the type of healer who plays as a dps who is forced to occasionally heal

Grudy

I just got the game on an impulse since I wanted an MMO and really did not wanna go back to GW2 anymore. I'll be playing in EU so I just wanna know if there is a GAF sub-guild in any of the EU servers?

Pleased to announce that I'm one Duty away from the hour(s) worth of cutscenes that lead into HW content. I'm not in a huge rush but I would like to be able to start Stormblood when it comes out. Having too much stuff to grimly march through to get to expansion content was one of the reasons I quit last year. That ended up being counterproductive.

Must watch Steps of Fate strategy video... right after I wake up.

Many sad funerals.

Grudy

Hmm can someone help me decide between going for either a Monk or a Dragoon? They both sound pretty cool.

Actually how hard is it to get max level in more than one job?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Hmm can someone help me decide between going for either a Monk or a Dragoon? They both sound pretty cool.

Do you want to stab stuff with a spear or punch stuff?

Reknoc

I just got the game on an impulse since I wanted an MMO and really did not wanna go back to GW2 anymore. I'll be playing in EU so I just wanna know if there is a GAF sub-guild in any of the EU servers?

Don't think there's an EU-data centre guild. Most of us are just on Ultros.

Lol, any easy way to know which of you is which character in game? Always confusing figuring out who I'm talking to.

If you check the FC window and users, some of us have comments set with our gaf name.

Deku Tree

Ok I downloaded the demo and bought the $15 code from Amazon. Not sure when I'll actually start playing. Do I have to sign up for a server when I start the demo?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I know I might sound like a broken record with my Palace of the Dead recommendations, but if you want to check out more classes (or even set up all skill shortcuts for your hotbars to not ever have to do it again, even on lv 60):

1. When you reach level 17 unlock PotD.
2. Clear floors 1-50 to unlock 51+, this step takes a few hours and you can do it with whichever class you want.
3. Go to the floor 51, which you can do solo and with whichever class you want - you'll start at lv 60. You can test all the skills and how each class feels.

Only downside is that you won't have access to cross class skills, unless you unlocked them outside of PotD.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I unlocked POTD last night but haven't tried it yet. It looks like you can only enter it through that NPC that first unlocks it, there's no duty finder queue?

Pastulio

Banned
No, you gotta go to Quarrymill to queue up for it

How does Palace work with random queing? Does it place you in the same floor bracket as other players? Or does it place you in a random number bracket and your personal level value goes up by 5 floors if you complete it?

Chille

I think in the new year gonna go fc hunting again as much as I love my current fc I finally want one that is active and does stuff.

How does Palace work with random queing? Does it place you in the same floor bracket as other players? Or does it place you in a random number bracket and your personal level value goes up by 5 floors if you complete it?
You're put in the same bracket as others, saving every 10 floors. So say, you start a new save and queue up from the first floor, you'll get matched at level 1 with other 1-10 level 1 players, then it saves once you beat the boss. When you queue up again, you'll be at whatever level you were and start 11-20 with other players at 11-20 on whatever level they were when they beat floor 10.

Grudy

Are you willing to keep your buffs up, no matter the danger, whether you take damage, or die? If so: go monk.
Sounds important :p

I know I might sound like a broken record with my Palace of the Dead recommendations, but if you want to check out more classes (or even set up all skill shortcuts for your hotbars to not ever have to do it again, even on lv 60):

1. When you reach level 17 unlock PotD.
2. Clear floors 1-50 to unlock 51+, this step takes a few hours and you can do it with whichever class you want.
3. Go to the floor 51, which you can do solo and with whichever class you want - you'll start at lv 60. You can test all the skills and how each class feels.

Only downside is that you won't have access to cross class skills, unless you unlocked them outside of PotD.

I think I'll follow this for now. Sounds perfect really, thanks!

Don't think there's an EU-data centre guild. Most of us are just on Ultros.

I always have this problem with GAF guilds/clans :( I'm in Dubai so my ping goes upwards to 250-300 when playing on NA servers.

I'll give it a try on my trial account first I guess.

Expire today apparently, these were given to me for being on the o2 UK network, you can only apply 1 set of codes to your account so if you already recieved these they won't work again, I'm assuming these will work on EU accounts as well.

First time using modbot ,hopefully it works fine.
ModBot said:
Instructions for GetDigitized:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Final Fantasy XIV EU Item codes. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GetDigitized, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

50x Aetheryte Ticket -- MB-43398B22FD900879
99x Deluxe Heavenscracker -- MB-272678D9376CDD72
99x Magicked Prism (Wings) -- MB-6A4DAA64C5910156 - Taken by Omni. 1 entrants total.
Crag Mask -- MB-725DCD2251823805
Inferno Mask -- MB-167BFDB88791BFF2 - Taken by Zomba13. 1 entrants total.
Jandelaines Token -- MB-AF02502AFAD50883
MGP Gold Card (30,000) -- MB-EC8D177D416B05E3 - Taken by Kattbuss. 2 entrants total.

t1483207023z1.png

Pachimari

Finally got Monk up to 60. Such a fun class to play, every skill/action just goes so well with the rotation. Gonna gear it up a bit but still main bard because that's still my favorite job. Next job to 60 I think will be Machinist.
This sounds good. I'm currently unlocking Bard but I wanna get into Monk. Seems like it's a ton of fun!

Baleoce

With the Steam controller being so temperamental for me in XIV, I decided to finally try and fix the deadzone on my Wii U pro controller instead. And I'm so glad I did, as I remember now just how perfect for this game that controller is. The battery life is awesome for an MMO, and the d-pad and digital triggers make this thing a breeze for combat. It's especially nice for gathering activities while watching Netflix too.

Btw, as I'm returning (at around ilvl203) what activities should I be looking at to get up to scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom