• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerulily

I could be wrong on this but afaik you don't have to do moogle quests any more unless you want to. They are mostly side quests and the msq gives a lot more exp now.

If it's just a leveling thing it's fine because my tank is like 56. But do i need them for aether currents?

aceface

If it's just a leveling thing it's fine because my tank is like 56. But do i need them for aether currents?

Im not 100% sure but I don't think you do. They made all the aethercurrents easier to get awhile back.

You do need to do them if you want to unlock the Moogle beast tribe quests for leveling crafting though.

All that easy crafter exp comes at a price. Especially since the Moogle crafting quests are 1000x easier than the Ixal ones were.

Xevren

I never understood why everyone called it Leviabeetus...then I got to that point. Now I wish when it popped up it had the head of Wiford Brimley.

Zuly

Guess it's that time of the month again.

People should post their characters/glamour.

It's still Christmas where I live so I'm not taking these off until the 7th.

WHM

hDauMDf.png

SMN feat. a shy Ifrit

Gatherers

garath

I'd show my warrior but it's boring. I just got 53 and have ironworks chest and legs and warrior class gear for the rest. I look silly.

Kyoufu

I ditched NIN for MCH and I'm having way more fun with the game. Similar to how I ditched DRG for BRD in 2.0 and enjoyment factor rose by a factor of 9000.

I guess I just can't do melee DPS.

fuck mudra/ninjutsu tbh

wamberz1

I ditched NIN for MCH and I'm having way more fun with the game. Similar to how I ditched DRG for BRD in 2.0 and enjoyment factor rose by a factor of 9000.

fuck mudra/ninjutsu tbh
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Boiiiiiiiii
Welcome to the holy church of our lord and savior RNGesus

LProtag

Practice > muscle memory will help you with rotation stuff and on harder content you'll get used to the fight's rotation itself

Rearrange your UI to keep the stuff you have to notice in easy to see places

Worst case you set up some alerts in ACT

I've put the target bar and my status bar near the bottom of the screen, though now it seems like it all gets overwhelmed with effects of what's going on, haha.

Elfstruck

fuck mudra/ninjutsu tbh

I just started and got my ninja to 47 just now and it's really fun once you got the hang of it. Maybe it's just me, but ninjutsu is easy.

Kyoufu

I just started and got my ninja to 47 just now and it's really fun once you got the hang of it. Maybe it's just me, but ninjutsu is easy.

I play on a JP server so it's a pain to get it to work reliably. Plus there's a bug (PS4 only?) where the mudra cooldown timer won't show after casting ninjutsu. It's really annoying and just adds to things I hate about the job.

Pilgrimzero

Started playing a week ago. Got to the first dungeon. Do you always have to group for dungeons?

They blew right through it I never had a chance to look around.

I didn't even know I needed to roll for loot until a party member asked why I wasn't rolling for loot.

And what does voting for a teammate do at the end of the dungeon?

So I've main GLD, and subbed healer to 25, so I could become a PLD which is currently lvl 36. How hard is it to switch over to a Marauder and lvl from 1 to 30 with the exp bumps from MSQs?

I'd like to see how tanking as Warrior goes.

Started playing a week ago. Got to the first dungeon. Do you always have to group for dungeons?

I didn't even know I needed to roll for loot until a party member asked why I wasn't rolling for loot.

Dungeons are all with groups besides Palace of the Dead which you can run solo.

Commendations unlock certain things if you get enough of them, including a golden Magitek armor mount.

SkyOdin

It is possible to enter a dungeon solo if you select the "undersized party" option in the Duty Finder. I wouldn't advise it until you are much higher level than the dungeon in question.

Voting for a teammate just gives them a commendation, which just lets them know that someone thought they did a good job. Enough commendations unlocks a handful of cosmetic items, and that's it. Whether you give out a commendation and for what reason is just your choice, so don't worry about it.

LProtag

I got a triple commendation as DPS but I feel like it was just the 3 level 60 players I was playing with patronizing me, haha.

Hikami

fuck mudra/ninjutsu tbh

I ditched DRG for NIN and had more fun that way on the other hand. Mudra/ninjutsu is the best part.

LProtag

I might try out NIN, but I'm having a lot of fun with DRG right now.

I might ditch everything for Red Mage when it comes out, like everyone else

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ninja is what I'm planning to try next. My highest class is my 37 Summoner but I like breaking up the MSQ grinding with POTD grinding on other classes.

Machinist seems like it could be interesting but I like never see any. I don't think I have ever seen one in a POTD run.

OrionX

The completionist in me is demanding I master all the jobs...

Must get all the levels...

Must catch all the fish...

halp

B.K.

It looks like A Realm Reborn is going to work on this computer. I never could get the launcher to work on my old one. I've got three days I can play free. Is there a good XIV style name generator anywhere? I have never been good at coming up with character names.

monochr0m3

Neo Member
It looks like A Realm Reborn is going to work on this computer. I never could get the launcher to work on my old one. I've got three days I can play free. Is there a good XIV style name generator anywhere? I have never been good at coming up with character names.

You can refer to the official race naming convention here if you want to have a lore friendly name.

Hikami

You can refer to the official race naming convention here if you want to have a lore friendly name.
The game has a built-in random name generator as well when you create your character and it follows the naming conventions. That's how I've named most of my characters. I just keep rolling until I see a forename I like then do the same for surname.

I might try out NIN, but I'm having a lot of fun with DRG right now.

I might ditch everything for Red Mage when it comes out, like everyone else

Make sure you finish everything up to patch 3.5.

Chances are you're going to need to be able to access Stormblood in order to talk to the Red Mage trainer like in Heavensward, also since Red Mage starts at level 50, just like the Heavensward classes which all require access to Heavensward in order to unlock in the first place.

So I've main GLD, and subbed healer to 25, so I could become a PLD which is currently lvl 36. How hard is it to switch over to a Marauder and lvl from 1 to 30 with the exp bumps from MSQs?

I'd like to see how tanking as Warrior goes.

You can use level roulette, PotD, Fates, leves and hunting log for EXP. Warrior is a bit more involved than Paladin so you might like it more.

Squishy3

Chances are you're going to need to be able to access Stormblood in order to talk to the Red Mage trainer like in Heavensward, also since Red Mage starts at level 50, just like the Heavensward classes which all require access to Heavensward in order to unlock in the first place.
I hope they forget to give the Stormblood job trainers quest icons at launch like they did the Heavensward ones

Finished that Skeletons in Her Closet quest, though to look at the list of MSQ stuff left to do and I've got like a bajillion in the first set still.

-___-

Finished that Skeletons in Her Closet quest, though to look at the list of MSQ stuff left to do and I've got like a bajillion in the first set still.

-___-

There's absolutely no point in looking up how many quests are left unless you want to intentionally demoralize yourself. Just play normally.

I hope they forget to give the Stormblood job trainers quest icons at launch like they did the Heavensward ones

What they should do is make the new job quests unlockable through one of those quests where it doesn't show up in your quest log and you have to figure out a puzzle.

Squishy3

There's absolutely no point in looking up how many quests are left unless you want to intentionally demoralize yourself. Just play normally.

What they should do is make the new job quests unlockable through one of those quests where it doesn't show up in your quest log and you have to figure out a puzzle.
Red Mage job unlock quest prerequisite: Complete the Greatest Story Never Retold

Soooo does A11S even have an enrage? Cruise Chaser started slow casting GA 100 around 4 percent and we all died. Was that the enrage or cause the pillars made us fall? I guess I need to tell my group to step up dps a little. I try to dps as MH a lot too and it does help but I can't always be doing it especially when last phase is so hectic.

Soooo does A11S even have an enrage? Cruise Chaser started slow casting GA 100 around 4 percent and we all died. Was that the enrage or cause the pillars made us fall? I guess I need to tell my group to step up dps a little. I try to dps as MH a lot too and it does help but I can't always be doing it especially when last phase is so hectic.

I don't believe so. The pillars are only the soft enrage because eventually they will break due to CC moves.

For 95% of groups that second ga100 is the hard enrage. Surviving past that requires perfect aoe/damage placing on the towers on top of virusing the double whirlwind.

Are you meeting the 54% skip shield limit break that gives it a damage boost? That flat damage boost on top of mechanics living through and cleaning up last phase alot harder. If not, just make sure people save all their cooldowns for after lapis and push.

eliza0224

Ninja is what I'm planning to try next. My highest class is my 37 Summoner but I like breaking up the MSQ grinding with POTD grinding on other classes.

Machinist seems like it could be interesting but I like never see any. I don't think I have ever seen one in a POTD run.
I'm on the same boat. I'm thinking of leveling a Black Mage or Summoner and I'm not done with the Monk and Bard T_T

Chille

Make sure you finish everything up to patch 3.5.

You can use level roulette, PotD, Fates, leves and hunting log for EXP. Warrior is a bit more involved than Paladin so you might like it more.

Considering Red Mage will be starting in an ARR area, we might not need to do the Stormblood story to play it.

Arkeband

Banned
The video of Yoshi-P getting embarassed at the NYE event when the community team put his avatar on the wrong server is pretty funny. His character's just dancing in the middle of an empty field and the other game devs are dying of laughter.

Landford

Banned
Hi guys, I stopped playing with a lv 15 character. If I play without Heavensward will I lose too much content even though im not a level 50 as required by it? or all new Heavensward content is only after level 50? Thanks!

Arkeband

Banned
Hi guys, I stopped playing with a lv 15 character. If I play without Heavensward will I lose too much content even though im not a level 50 as required by it? or all new Heavensward content is only after level 50? Thanks!

All Heavensward content is post-50. The only thing you miss out on is being able to create an Au Ra race character.

All HW content is past level 50. I'm not sure about making an Au'ra character, you might need HW for that (and a quick Google search says you do), but there's about 100 hours worth of pre-HW story quests you must clear to even walk into the newer areas.

15 can be done in 2-3 hours now, so if you want to change your character's appearance, now would be a good time. If you want an Au'Ra, get HW. If you want to continue playing as-is, there's a good new feature called Hall of the Novice in each town's inn that will gear you up sweetly until you hit 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom