• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

What the shit

Ruby Carbuncle is dying to AoEs on the ground. I swear this didn't happen with Garuda. Kinda frustrating when you're trying to push past soars in Zurvan ex and you're left trying to re-summon when you fall down

I'm not crazy, right? I thought it was just a skin?

I think the issue is that it's much better at following you around than Garuda is. On the one hand it's nice that I don't have to worry as much about it getting locked out of boss areas, but on the other hand it runs with you when you jump into a pack to start spamming Blizzard 2 and then just stays there.

It's worth it to not have to look at that scrawny chicken thing though.

(Will post updated pic momentarily, the gpose thing is pretty cool)

ebil

wjvWFZN.png
This new gpose thing is pretty cool indeed. It's going to come in handy for scenery pictures as well!

Omnicent

I'm planning a Dun Scaith run for reset day at 9pm EST if you want to join reply with your ingame name.

If there is room for a MNK, then sign me up.
Bellona Hecate

Also Thorgal your ALT rocks (Fellow Highlander lady).
I'll see if I can get a good gpose posted after work.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I just finished the MSQ before Heavensward
Yes that last Quest was loaded and the 3 month wait leading up to Heavensward was jarring because I wanted to know what happened next.

Leunam

Yes that last Quest was loaded and the 3 month wait leading up to Heavensward was jarring because I wanted to know what happened next.

I finished that last quest the night before Heavensward was made available for early access. Can't imagine what the wait was like

I guess I'll know soon though.

Hikami

Man, Dun Scaith in duty finder
Tank: 30+ minutes
DPS: instant

I just have to hope the tank passes on the gear I guess cus that's what I need.

wamberz1

Man, Dun Scaith in duty finder
Tank: 30+ minutes
DPS: instant

I just have to hope the tank passes on the gear I guess cus that's what I need.
This is Revenge for all the time we have to wait for every other queue while you guys get them instantly >:)

brinstar

so how hard is Dun Scaith. Because I did Mhach for the first time the other day and that place put me through the ringer. Way harder than Void Ark.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
so how hard is Dun Scaith. Because I did Mhach for the first time the other day and that place put me through the ringer. Way harder than Void Ark.
I ran it yesterday and it was my second run after a clear on the first day. People were definitely dying more often than in the previous alliance dungeons (now, not right after release) and I was worried we might wipe quite a few times, but we didn't.

Still better than Mhach week two.

ferr

What the? I removed FF14 from my PS4 for a while to clear some space a couple months ago, but now I'm trying to add it back.. when I try to download it through my "Library" it says it can't download. When trying to get it through the store, it says "Cannot download at this time" with the message "You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s): You already own: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition Pack"

Anyone seen this before? google is little help..

Moaradin

Getting no healer in The Feast is complete bullshit. Why would they allow that to happen to begin with when it's practically unwinnable?

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Since everyone's doing it, here's my character:

First time playing, just about to hit level 25 as an Archer. I've really appreciated the GAF community, even though I listen more than I talk. :)

KuroNeeko

Still grinding through MSQs but having a hard time settling down on a character.

I have a 28 ACN because I like healing and doing damage, but content is too easy with me and my pet.

I also have a 26 ROG because I like the atmosphere of the character. Melee DPS seems to frantic in raids and the gameplay seems too simple so far. Basically Spinning Edge, Gust Slash, then Aelioan Edge. I'm hoping Mudras shake things up a bit.

Would be nice if RDM could fill the void between the two or if we could dancer...

I also have a 26 ROG because I like the atmosphere of the character. Melee DPS seems to frantic in raids and the gameplay seems too simple so far. Basically Spinning Edge, Gust Slash, then Aelioan Edge. I'm hoping Mudras shake things up a bit.

Mudras definitely shake things up.

Today was a damn good raid night.

Got bow and aiming chest from 12 on top of 8th page for my axe. Then I convinced my group to relearn and help me do sephirot for bird. 30 minutes later and with 25% echo we clear and bird drops.

Fire bird get.

Qvoth

Still grinding through MSQs but having a hard time settling down on a character.

I have a 28 ACN because I like healing and doing damage, but content is too easy with me and my pet.

Would be nice if RDM could fill the void between the two or if we could dancer...

do not judge a class before you reach 50 in this game
level 32 dungeon brayflox is the 1st dungeon where it gets tough if nobody knows what they're doing, so be prepared for that
and remember to follow this guide for ARR progression
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression and Level Locked Content

KuroNeeko

do not judge a class before you reach 50 in this game
level 32 dungeon brayflox is the 1st dungeon where it gets tough if nobody knows what they're doing, so be prepared for that
and remember to follow this guide for ARR progression
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression and Level Locked Content

Yeah, my friends tell me that as well. Still, that's a pretty significant time investment just to see if you'll like a class. 30 in one main class and then 15 in another, then the last 20 levels to hit 50. : /

I played a Rogue in FFXI and like SCH so far (hit 38 on an old account). I like how ROG = Ninja is "sort of" like Rogue from FFXI, and just like playing sneaky thief classes (as well as healers).

Will play ROG to NIN to see how I like Mudras and then decide which one to spend more time on. DPS queues are no joke in this game.

Moaradin

Yeah, my friends tell me that as well. Still, that's a pretty significant time investment just to see if you'll like a class. 30 in one main class and then 15 in another, then the last 20 levels to hit 50. : /

Palace of the Dead is pretty great for that. As long as you have a class at level 30 and unlocked their job, you can pretty much preview all their skills at level 60 in PotD.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Palace of the Dead is pretty great for that. As long as you have a class at level 30 and unlocked their job, you can pretty much preview all their skills at level 60 in PotD.
To give a bit more information about this.
You have to unlock PotD, clear the first 50 floors with any class and (I think) have your aetherpool weapon/armor on at last +18 to be able to start from floor 51 at any time.

When starting at floor 51, the class/job which you entered with will be level 60 and will have all skills unlocked.

Like Moaradin mentioned, if you want to check the skills of a job, you'll need to get an equip the job crystal first.

Also, remember that clearing the Hall of the Novice will reward you with an accessory increasing exp gained until level 30.

yami4ct

I would post my character, but she's gonna look like absolute crap until I hit 50 and get my last piece of Dragoon armor. 46 now. Let's see how quickly I can get this last set of levels done.

Squishy3

I played a Rogue in FFXI and like SCH so far (hit 38 on an old account). I like how ROG = Ninja is "sort of" like Rogue from FFXI, and just like playing sneaky thief classes (as well as healers).

Will play ROG to NIN to see how I like Mudras and then decide which one to spend more time on. DPS queues are no joke in this game.
Having gone back to WoW for Legion for a bit, XIV DPS queues are nowhere near as bad as they are in WoW. WoW DPS queues have you waiting for an hour+, outside of dead content in XIV which aren't populated by the various roulettes, queue times aren't very bad. I don't think I've ever waited more than half an hour for something, and there's plenty of stuff to do in-game or out of game while you wait.

KuroNeeko

Having gone back to WoW for Legion for a bit, XIV DPS queues are nowhere near as bad as they are in WoW. WoW DPS queues have you waiting for an hour+, outside of dead content in XIV which aren't populated by the various roulettes, queue times aren't very bad. I don't think I've ever waited more than half an hour for something, and there's plenty of stuff to do in-game or out of game while you wait.

That's true. I usually played a Restro Druid in instances so didn't have to wait long, but when playing Balance Druid or Aff Lock, the waiting times were reeeeaaaallly long.

I'm not complaining about a lack of stuff to do...there's actually too much stuff to do lol. Just, there are times when I enter queue, but then wait so long I have to log off without doing any runs (which, more times than not, end up being Satasha).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom