• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

This tank coat is so good! Got it this week in 12s aaaah

WC3MK0W.jpg

Unrelated... I really dislike this cross server PF. The amount of arseholes I've met in Zurvan parties lately have been out of control. You'd never see half of the crap I'm seeing now two weeks ago when it was just Lamia, for example. I don't know if other servers have vile communities or if the large amount of parties and potential players available just means no one gives a crap about how they act because they can just boot and find a replacement in seconds. Or even if it's just the Zurvan fight bringing the worst out of people.

But god damn. I don't even wanna farm the damn thing any more

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Lol, I got my clear in a soar party and I'm proud. Btw, any tips as blm in that fight? God, it feels really hard to dps to the best in that fight D:
Really? You can stand still for extended periods of time.
Only times when you really have to move were soar, halberd, southern cross and the tower part of the tethers iirc.

As for tethers with pugs, I found that the easiest way to do this is to tell people to start spreading to different parts of the arena after Southern Cross. Thanks to that, there's almost no overlapping. Japanese groups also sometimes use prioritizing - follow the MT/DPS1/Healer in your pair etc.
Southern cross is really easy with pugs.

Only part of the fight that I found was Soar, but only because the most popular macro lists DPS like this:
DPS1 DPS2
DPS3 DPS4

So when the "line" version of Soar comes more vertically than horizontally, some people (including me) get confused.

That's why I like this diagram more:
Code:
※MS=MT・STの位置 
/p  米型飛翔    ≡型飛翔
/p  \MS /        \\┃MS   ※盾は2名重なる
/p D1\ /D2       D1 \\┃  D2  ※ヒーラーは2枚踏まない位置へ
/p ━━━━━━     \┃\ 
/p D3/ \D4      D3  ┃\\ D4   
/p &#12288;/&#12288; &#12288;\&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; &#12288; &#9475;\\<
Edit:
Wow, this looks terrible on the forum.

Are you really... accusing a bunch of people of parroting opinions they don't understand based on how you think a mechanic you've never seen probably works? It's fairly straightforward but has more to it than the normal mechanic and unlike everything in normal can actually kill you.

The biggest problem is the misconception that it's a top 1% issue; if groups had to actually try specifically to skip Soar, it wouldn't be a huge deal. 2/2/4 groups with mixed iLevels were skipping it day 1. You can skip it in a single tank group where most DPS are well under the 50th percentile for the fight.The mechanic isn't particularly hard to execute it, but the barrier to skipping it isn't that high either.

I'm talking about people who hardcore rage on people in PF groups thinking that not skipping a mechanic is the end, not people in this thread.

This tank coat is so good! Got it this week in 12s aaaah

Unrelated... I really dislike this cross server PF. The amount of arseholes I've met in Zurvan parties lately have been out of control. You'd never see half of the crap I'm seeing now two weeks ago when it was just Lamia, for example. I don't know if other servers have vile communities or if the large amount of parties and potential players available just means no one gives a crap about how they act because they can just boot and find a replacement in seconds. Or even if it's just the Zurvan fight bringing the worst out of people.

But god damn. I don't even wanna farm the damn thing any more
It's just Zurvan, other content seems fine.

EX trials bring out the worst of people for some reason.

THE PUNS THO

Now that I've played Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'll never criticize the localization of FFXIV ever again. Honestly the localization of FFXIV has been mostly faithful and the few times they have deviated too dramatically from the JP script, people have called them out on it and they have responded by saying they won't do it again.

Meanwhile XCX literally has the entire game's English dialogue written to include memes in every conversation. It's like an anime trollsub, that's how bad it is. Nintendo is literally the worst company on Earth doing JP -> EN videogame localizations today, every other company has come around to the reality that most people want reasonably straightforward localizations of games, not censorship everywhere and everything rewritten with dank memes.

Thankfully there is a fan-translated version of Fire Emblem If so i don't have to put up with the censorship and dialogue rewrites of Fates. Too bad no one ever did this for XCX.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Now that I've played Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'll never criticize the localization of FFXIV ever again. Honestly the localization of FFXIV has been mostly faithful and the few times they have deviated too dramatically from the JP script, people have called them out on it and they have responded by saying they won't do it again.

Meanwhile XCX literally has the entire game's English dialogue written to include memes in every conversation. It's like an anime trollsub, that's how bad it is. Nintendo is literally the worst company on Earth doing JP -> EN videogame localizations today, every other company has come around to the reality that most people want reasonably straightforward localizations of games, not censorship everywhere and everything rewritten with dank memes.

Thankfully there is a fan-translated version of Fire Emblem If so i don't have to put up with the censorship and dialogue rewrites of Fates. Too bad no one ever did this for XCX.

lol treehouse

ebil

Finally got all 3 of this patch's miniatures. Ugh... We're going to need a L size house, an increase to the number of items you can shove into a house and a transfer program ASAP.

Look at that Zurvan soaring through our house.

IvorB

Yo what the fuck.
We ran Zeruvan 10 times last night to get a weapon for one of our guys.
No joke, the bow dropped 7 times...SEVEN FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW

We literally got
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
GUN
AST GLOBE
SWORD SHIELD

What the fuck

So... uh... did you not want the bow then?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm still kind of surprised at how much I enjoy Mech. Been doing a bit of POTD after unlocking it, and Gauss Barrel doesn't really bother me at all.

Really? You can stand still for extended periods of time.
Only times when you really have to move were soar, halberd, southern cross and the tower part of the tethers iirc.

As for tethers with pugs, I found that the easiest way to do this is to tell people to start spreading to different parts of the arena after Southern Cross. Thanks to that, there's almost no overlapping. Japanese groups also sometimes use prioritizing - follow the MT/DPS1/Healer in your pair etc.
Southern cross is really easy with pugs.

Only part of the fight that I found was Soar, but only because the most popular macro lists DPS like this:
DPS1 DPS2
DPS3 DPS4

So when the "line" version of Soar comes more vertically than horizontally, some people (including me) get confused.

That's why I like this diagram more:
Code:
&#8251;MS&#65309;MT&#12539;ST&#12398;&#20301;&#32622;&#12288;
/p &#12288;&#31859;&#22411;&#39131;&#32724;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#8801;&#22411;&#39131;&#32724;
/p &#12288;\MS /&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;  &#12288;\\&#9475;MS&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#8251;&#30462;&#12399;&#65298;&#21517;&#37325;&#12394;&#12427;
/p D1\&#12288;/D2&#12288;    &#12288;&#12288;D1 \\&#9475; &#12288;D2&#12288;&#12288;&#8251;&#12498;&#12540;&#12521;&#12540;&#12399;&#65298;&#26522;&#36367;&#12414;&#12394;&#12356;&#20301;&#32622;&#12408;
/p &#9473;&#9473;&#9473;&#9473;&#9473;&#9473;&#12288;&#12288; &#12288;&#12288;\&#9475;\&#12288;
/p D3/&#12288;\D4&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;   D3&#12288; &#9475;\\&#12288;D4&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;
/p &#12288;/&#12288; &#12288;\&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; &#12288; &#9475;\\<
Edit:
Wow, this looks terrible on the forum.

During tethers I always panic as blm and lose my enochian stacks. Sometimes when I do my opener and hit manawall I still get interrupted when flare star blows me up and I lose dps. When we have to move for southern cross I can get one fire iv out or so and next thing you know i'm busy finding my partner and lose enochian again. It's so annoying.

iammeiam

I'm talking about people who hardcore rage on people in PF groups thinking that not skipping a mechanic is the end, not people in this thread.

My point wasn't who you were talking about, more that it was kind of funny to react to the idea of people basing their expectations on secondhand information by leaping to conclusions based on secondhand info. It's not a hard mechanic, but it is worth noting that some of the prevalent strats for doing it do include a cheese element due to the unmarked second half of the dives that you don't get in normal (everyone but the healers gets a giant AOE circle to drop; there's a strat that involves the tanks stacking together on the 'hard' dodge side and just eating 2x the damage because they can get away with it and it leaves the DPS more room to spread.)

But I tend to get just sort of fascinated by how the community reacts to things in general; there's a whole extra layer of side data to the Soar skip thing (group comp can influence how easy/hard the skip is based on the prevalence of burst DPS, it is possible for somebody to essentially be carried into a skip and then go forward thinking they should be able to consistently skip despite not being able to carry their own weight, the debate over just tank LBing the second one to trivialize it, etc) I don't think either expectation is better or worse, I guess, and it's interesting to watch opinions and PF descriptions evolve.

Trying one last time, anyone that can send me an invite for the callback program thing, need to be on friend list from before it seems, char name's Pyros Eien or just Pyros don't remember.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Reddit is a hellhole right now because of all the Zurvan rage. It's incredible because Soar isn't even a tough mechanic. If you see it, then do it. You can clear just fine even if the fight takes another 30 seconds longer.

People just got it into their heads that it "should" be skipped, and suddenly people are flipping the fuck out and cutting themselves over seeing it. And I think some people are using it as an excuse to not learn the mechanic because the "standard" appears to be skipping the first Soar and LBing the second. An insurance LB on a mechanic that isn't even that hard.

I mean a lot of the top raiding people who post there are elitist as fuck, but they seem way angrier than usual about Zurvan for some reason.

Chille

Reddit is a hellhole right now because of all the Zurvan rage. It's incredible because Soar isn't even a tough mechanic. If you see it, then do it. You can clear just fine even if the fight takes another 30 seconds longer.

People just got it into their heads that it "should" be skipped, and suddenly people are flipping the fuck out and cutting themselves over seeing it. And I think some people are using it as an excuse to not learn the mechanic because the "standard" appears to be skipping the first Soar and LBing the second. An insurance LB on a mechanic that isn't even that hard.

I mean a lot of the top raiding people who post there are elitist as fuck, but they seem way angrier than usual about Zurvan for some reason.

I am waiting till I have full 270 now before I even try that fight

I guess you can say their arses are sore from soar. :p We've been labelled all the terms in Zurvan ex farms so far... and off the top of my head they are filthy casual, garbage, streaming pile of shite, shitelords with low dps, kill yourself, let's wipe and leave cause we hit this garbage mechanic... etc.

What I do in my pfs is.... assign everyone a position in case of Soar and there is always that one guy that stacks on top of my position or someone else's. I had one guy even say he was going W... I'm like bro you're gonna die there. He responded with: we're skipping soar cause we have 5 dps so it doesn't matter what position i'm in (sarcastic smile face). Unfortunately, I always have to include no idiots in my pf description for my farms and I still get idiots. Oh and did I mention I was booted from a farm for having 1 kill on fflogs.... lmao I have 30 plus clears. I don't parse and i'm on ps4 so not all my kills will be on there. I guess it is beyond sad that people look others up before starting the fight ;(

Akuun

I am waiting till I have full 270 now before I even try that fight
You could go in earlier if you can run with people you know, or find a learning PF that has a non-asshole sounding description.

I think it's easier than Nidhogg EX. Slightly easier than Sophia EX mechanically, but possibly more wipe-prone because of a few instant wipe mechanics.

Learning Soar is important in case you see it anyway.

let's wipe and leave cause we hit this garbage mechanic
This is the mentality that bothers me the most. Soar is a mechanic that DOESN'T wipe you even if you fail it, as long as some people are still alive. It's not an instant wipe by design. But these morons are turning a forgiving mechanic into an instant-wipe mechanic because they decide to throw a tantrum when things don't go their way.

These idiots are sitting on their hands and giving up when they see something different... in a game that is all about changing things up and making you adapt to whatever situation you're given.

Chille

You could go in earlier if you can run with people you know, or find a learning PF that has a non-asshole sounding description.

I think it's easier than Nidhogg EX. Slightly easier than Sophia EX mechanically, but possibly more wipe-prone because of a few instant wipe mechanics.

Learning Soar is important in case you see it anyway.

I have never seen a learning PF that isnt assholeish lol and everyone I know don't want to run the fight ;-; Doesn't help everyone keeps leaving my FC, we gone from 6 active to 3

I still need to clear niddhogg,thordan,seph one day

Akuun

Are there any machinists who have cleared A12s here?

I have a bunch of mental notes about how I optimize the fight, and I was wondering if I could compare notes with anyone.

Akuun

Yeah, better keep people blissfully unaware that they're doing something wrong lest their feelings get hurt.
That's not the problem. Parsing is a useful tool that helps people improve, but look at the mentality that's spawned from people misusing them.

There's a difference between someone looking at their own parse and going "oh, my numbers go up if I do this", and an entire community full of people who think they have the right to call people all sorts of hateful shit because they have high parses. That's not being helpful. That's just being an asshole.

Parsing is a useful thing at heart, but we can't have nice things because assholes keep using it as ammo to yell at other people.

This isn't some "oh you got your feelings hurt" bullshit. This is about taking data from a tool that's supposed to help people improve, and then using it as an excuse to abuse other people. You think those assholes who keep calling other people shit and telling them to kill themselves want them to improve? Fuck no. They just want to bully other people, and the numbers they get from parses are just being used as an excuse. It's people justifying acting like shitheads by wrapping it up in "lol I'm just giving real talk/telling it like it is" bullshit.

scy

While I want to agree with the base points here that Soar is pretty easy and not skipping it should be an "oh well, 20s cooldown break" reaction and not an actual serious issue...

...it's ~14.2k (14.5k more practical, I usually round to 15k) rDPS to beat it by 80 seconds. There were people who did this Day 0 of Creator on Faust. I feel like treating Soar as a super easy mechanic to just deal with but treating the ability to beat it as something for the elite is disingenuous.

In the end, I don't care too much what PF/RF/etc. group ends up with when it comes to skipping Soar or not. I just find the treatment of both sides to be stretching the truth a lot. Soar is easy, hitting 15k rDPS @250-260+ with 5 DPS is easy. Do whichever you end up with but I really wish people would stop making either side a pride point.

This isn't some "oh you got your feelings hurt" bullshit. This is about taking data from a tool that's supposed to help people improve, and then using it as an excuse to abuse other people. You think those assholes who keep calling other people shit and telling them to kill themselves want them to improve? Fuck no. They just want to bully other people, and the numbers they get from parses are just being used as an excuse

Let's be realistic here, the people doing this aren't suddenly doing it because they have numbers to wave around and the majority of the absolutely shitty attitude ones aren't the ones with actual good numbers. There's exceptions, of course, but let's not somehow make this people with good numbers just want to shit on people.

Yeah, both sides of the argument have fair points, the problem is everyone is acting like apes about it, whether it's bad players or elitists. And then there's the bad elitists, people that can't pull their own weight and also will give you shit if you don't carry them through DPS checks.

Akuun

It's true, it's not a pride point either way. Skipping Soar isn't hard, I agree. It's also not hard to do if you see it. But there's also no reason why people should throw a tantrum about it and force a wipe/ragequit if you do see it.

In the end, I don't care too much what PF/RF/etc. group ends up with when it comes to skipping Soar or not. I just find the treatment of both sides to be stretching the truth a lot. Soar is easy, hitting 15k rDPS @250-260+ with 5 DPS is easy. Do whichever you end up with but I really wish people would stop making either side a pride point.

Let's be realistic here, the people doing this aren't suddenly doing it because they have numbers to wave around and the majority of the absolutely shitty attitude ones aren't the ones with actual good numbers. There's exceptions, of course, but let's not somehow make this people with good numbers just want to shit on people.
While it's true that a lot of people who act like abusive assholes actually suck at the game, there are still a lot of strong players in the community who act really condescending to others.

There are a lot of guides and videos online that have that extra edge of "look at how good my healers are, so if you don't do this then you are wrong and bad" or "this part is easy for my group and we almost never see it", or "if your group is any good then the boss should be dead by now", or "*my* group never sees this, but if you do, good luck lol!" It's really offputting, and it's a totally unnecessary attitude when such content is supposed to be about helping others.

iammeiam

This isn't some "oh you got your feelings hurt" bullshit. This is about taking data from a tool that's supposed to help people improve, and then using it as an excuse to abuse other people. You think those assholes who keep calling other people shit and telling them to kill themselves want them to improve? Fuck no. They just want to bully other people, and the numbers they get from parses are just being used as an excuse. It's people justifying acting like shitheads by wrapping it up in "lol I'm just giving real talk/telling it like it is" bullshit.

You don't actually need a parser for the people who are going to do that to do that.

Early Zurvan groups? ACT was broken. There was no way to tell how anyone did in raw numbers terms, because the thing that gave us numbers was busted. It turned into eyeballing groups and trying to figure out why they were dropping at 85% sometimes and whether it was something fixable next pull or if Soar was just going to happen. The fact that nobody could tell how any one individual's DPS actually was from a parser didn't stop the skip Soar or kick parties from showing up or people from eyeballing aggro meters or tracking buffs and debuffs or castbars to try and call out the weak link.

The problem specifically with Soar is that it is not hard to carry a poorly performing DPS through a Soar skip, but if you do that it is impossible for said DPS to realize that's what happened using any feedback from the game itself. All they know is the group they were in earlier skipped Soar, the group they're in now didn't, and they make the assumption that they must be fine since they've seen a skip. The game gives them zero reason to realize the reason they saw a skip one time is that they happened upon a group where the other DPS was doing 50% more damage and the healers were doing constant DPS, and not because they were doing their part right.

I waffle back and forth on whether or not the game would benefit from a flat in-game personal parser, or if the information would be useless without a complementary effort by the game to actually help people fix what's wrong. The closest thing we have to feedback about personal performance is the SSS dummies, and those are mechanics-free and the damage amounts arbitrary. Anyone being a dick to somebody about a parse should catch a ban because holy crap it's a video game, but the people who are going to be huge assholes about it will, absent a parse, probably pick up from context clues who's underperforming. They were probably being dicks about it when ACT didn't work on the morning of 3.5. The current situation is just flat-out unfair to PS4 players who have no independent way to judge what they're doing or get a real idea of how they're performing. People being jerks isn't the solution, but neither is keeping a giant chunk of the player base in the dark.

Also:

Are there any machinists who have cleared A12s here?

I have a bunch of mental notes about how I optimize the fight, and I was wondering if I could compare notes with anyone.

I do this but am pretty garbage at it so who knows if I have anything useful to contribute

Lanrutcon

You don't actually need a parser for the people who are going to do that to do that.

Early Zurvan groups? ACT was broken. There was no way to tell how anyone did in raw numbers terms, because the thing that gave us numbers was busted. It turned into eyeballing groups and trying to figure out why they were dropping at 85% sometimes and whether it was something fixable next pull or if Soar was just going to happen. The fact that nobody could tell how any one individual's DPS actually was from a parser didn't stop the skip Soar or kick parties from showing up or people from eyeballing aggro meters or tracking buffs and debuffs or castbars to try and call out the weak link.

The problem specifically with Soar is that it is not hard to carry a poorly performing DPS through a Soar skip, but if you do that it is impossible for said DPS to realize that's what happened using any feedback from the game itself. All they know is the group they were in earlier skipped Soar, the group they're in now didn't, and they make the assumption that they must be fine since they've seen a skip. The game gives them zero reason to realize the reason they saw a skip one time is that they happened upon a group where the other DPS was doing 50% more damage and the healers were doing constant DPS, and not because they were doing their part right.

I waffle back and forth on whether or not the game would benefit from a flat in-game personal parser, or if the information would be useless without a complementary effort by the game to actually help people fix what's wrong. The closest thing we have to feedback about personal performance is the SSS dummies, and those are mechanics-free and the damage amounts arbitrary. Anyone being a dick to somebody about a parse should catch a ban because holy crap it's a video game, but the people who are going to be huge assholes about it will, absent a parse, probably pick up from context clues who's underperforming. They were probably being dicks about it when ACT didn't work on the morning of 3.5. The current situation is just flat-out unfair to PS4 players who have no independent way to judge what they're doing or get a real idea of how they're performing. People being jerks isn't the solution, but neither is keeping a giant chunk of the player base in the dark.

I hear ya, but I played WoW. A lot of WoW. People being dicks to you about a parse isn't an if, it's a when. Regardless of what level you play at, at some point you're going to have a bad experience and a meter will be involved. If Blizzard tried to enforce bans on that behavior their GMs would have to work 24 hours and grow 4 extra arms.

In a perfect world, parsers would come with an enforced disclaimer that the information needs to be used for good, not to indulge your inner Hitler.

SSS would be great if it was actually tuned properly, but the numbers are so fucking bonkers that they don't help. Why the hell would you ask a BRD for basically 90 percentile i240 damage to clear A9S, for example?

iammeiam

I hear ya, but I played WoW. A lot of WoW. People being dicks to you about a parse isn't an if, it's a when. Regardless of what level you play at, at some point you're going to have a bad experience and a meter will be involved. If Blizzard tried to enforce bans on that behavior their GMs would have to work 24 hours and grow 4 extra arms.

In a perfect world, parsers would come with an enforced disclaimer that the information needs to be used for good, not to indulge your inner Hitler.

I mean, I've played WoW too? The permission to parse there leads to people being more up-front about knowing where numbers stand, but the actual running dungeons or LRF with randoms in the run up to and time shortly after Legion launch was not markedly more toxic than the average FFXIV experience. You'd hit the occasional guy, but for the most part people just wanted to get in and get out.

FFXIV already has parsers that are allowed if you don't talk about it--they already enforce bans for hurling abuse at people for parse data. FFXIV already has Those People that will go into groups and abuse whoever they think is holding people back (which is super awesome if you're parsing, they aren't, and you realize they're attacking the lead DPS because they have no idea what they're talking about.) The lack of an in-game parser doesn't stop any of that from happening.

Lanrutcon

I mean, I've played WoW too? The permission to parse there leads to people being more up-front about knowing where numbers stand, but the actual running dungeons or LRF with randoms in the run up to and time shortly after Legion launch was not markedly more toxic than the average FFXIV experience. You'd hit the occasional guy, but for the most part people just wanted to get in and get out.

FFXIV already has parsers that are allowed if you don't talk about it--they already enforce bans for hurling abuse at people for parse data. FFXIV already has Those People that will go into groups and abuse whoever they think is holding people back (which is super awesome if you're parsing, they aren't, and you realize they're attacking the lead DPS because they have no idea what they're talking about.) The lack of an in-game parser doesn't stop any of that from happening.

Uh, yeah...it does. You just said it yourself: being a douche with parsed data results in a ban, because parsers aren't allowed.

I'm unsure why you just argued against yourself there :p

iammeiam

Uh, yeah...it does. You just said it yourself: being a douche with parsed data results in a ban, because parsers aren't allowed.

I'm unsure why you just argued against yourself there :p

The game has blanket rules against being abusive to other players full stop. Being a dick to somebody with an in-game parser? Would still be bannable. The only thing an official parser actually changes is letting people operate in-game from an equal playing field and decrease paranoia. Technically you can get banned for mentioning you have a parser at all, in practice it seems to largely happen if you're being a jerk with the data.

Go in and insult a bunch of people in DF and, without a parser mention, you can still cop a ban. The parser itself is a component of the current path, but an official parser in no way prevents them from banning people from being jerks about it any more than they're powerless to ban people being jerks now who don't mention parsers. I'm unsure why this is so confusing.

Lanrutcon

The game has blanket rules against being abusive to other players full stop. Being a dick to somebody with an in-game parser? Would still be bannable. The only thing an official parser actually changes is letting people operate in-game from an equal playing field and decrease paranoia. Technically you can get banned for mentioning you have a parser at all, in practice it seems to largely happen if you're being a jerk with the data.

Go in and insult a bunch of people in DF and, without a parser mention, you can still cop a ban. The parser itself is a component of the current path, but an official parser in no way prevents them from banning people from being jerks about it any more than they're powerless to ban people being jerks now who don't mention parsers. I'm unsure why this is so confusing.

Ah, ok. See what you mean. So you're saying that the current rules enforce action against douchey behaviour, so douchey behaviour with parsed data wouldn't make much difference. I would argue that you'd see an increase in such behaviour though, and that it would become harder to enforce due to volume and frequency.

But that's speculation I guess, after all: WoW and SE's in game moderation styles are very different.

iammeiam

Ah, ok. See what you mean. So you're saying that the current rules enforce action against douchey behaviour, so douchey behaviour with parsed data wouldn't make much difference. I would argue that you'd see an increase in such behaviour though, and that it would become harder to enforce due to volume and frequency.

But that's speculation I guess, after all: WoW and SE's in game moderation styles are very different.

Exactly; you can also occasionally find screencapped conversations where somebody is reported for parsing but isn't being a jerk, and watch both sides play the technicality game so nobody has to get in trouble. The GM contacts the player and asks 'are you running an unallowed third-party tool, or did you get the numbers from somebody else?' The player responds with 'somebody else in the group provided me that data outside of the game', and nobody gets in trouble. They don't care that we parse, they just care that we not be jerks. There's already an accepted get out of jail free response for parsing reports, it's the being a jerk that they care about.

The game's intense phobia when it comes to providing players real feedback at any point creates a weird community; early in the expansion you had people banning physical ranged DPS from Bismarck PFs because you could never, ever possibly hope to beat the DPS check with 'weak' physical ranged. People who actually parsed were more willing to take in physical ranged because you could see the actual data and realize they were not the problem.

Balfour

They will never put in an official parser because they fear more toxicity resulting from everyone now having it

Even though it would help players see what they are doing wrong and accept and be able to better themselves to complete content

but nah just make it easier instead

iammeiam

Akuun

I really like my parser and think it helped me improve a lot. But I do fear for the community because I don't think they will play nice with one. People will be assholes even without one, but I think parsing can fuel or spark a lot more shit because it's low hanging fruit for assholes.

If they do make an official parser, they definitely need to crack down on assholes behavior more.
I do this but am pretty garbage at it so who knows if I have anything useful to contribute
OK, so here's what I've been doing off the top of my head, with a few questions in there. Not sure where I could be doing better:

- 5 ammo opener on pull. Barrel naturally comes off when you need to move for the prey markers, then back on to refresh Lead shot.
- delaying quick reload maybe one GCD guarantees a proc to move with when gravitational anomaly comes out, letting you dodge before you can take your barrel off again. Probably worth it.
- Take off barrel soon after to dodge sacrament and get back into position. Refresh hot shot before boss disappears.

Add phase:
- use RRR as soon as available on the first set of adds so that it comes back in time for your wildfire on the last two big adds. Grenade shot for aoes otherwise. Barrel off near the end, refresh hot shot, barrel on and place rook right before the 4 adds spawn. Save b4b+HE.
- I lead shot the two last adds in our kill order before joining the rest of the group's kill order for the adds.
- pop hypercharge as soon as it comes back so that depending on kill times, it may be available right after the boss comes back. This is also roughly when the last two adds spawn so it contributes to the next few lead shots.
- B4b + HE as last two adds spawn. I dot both before doing a wildfire combo on the circle add. Depending on kill times, RRR comes back about halfway into my wildfire, so it still contributes somewhat.
- I save RRR and cooldowns when killing the last add, then use quick reload to build 2 ammo during boss ultimate.

Time stops:
- 2 ammo wildfire opener with all available cooldowns as soon as the boss comes back. There's a distinct sound after the ultimate where you can start popping cooldowns right before the boss comes back. Wildfire detonates right as the time stop happens.
- rend mind if the boss is doing sacrament instead of radiant sacrament.
- barrel comes off naturally a little after first time stop > holy stuff, but sometimes I leave it off until the next set of debuffs appear so that I can move into position without losing casts. Barrel comes back on early if I get a proc. Lead shot boss as soon as I'm in position (I think it still ticks and does damage while time stop is active)
- B4b + HE + RRR are back roughly after the Holy after the second time stop. I'm unsure of whether I should save these for after the boss jumps off time gate phase, or if I should blow it right away. Right now I refresh hot/lead while saving these cooldowns because I don't want that buff uptime to be wasted when the boss jumps to do time gates, but it also means I severely clip my hot/lead shot after the boss jumps because I want to refresh them before doing wildfire (not sure if it's worth it to do that).

Time gates and inception:
- I stay outside for time gates. Pop a wildfire combo right when boss reappears so that B4b wears off before I soak the stack damage attack.
- save RRR and cooldowns after time gates because boss does inception too soon if I pop stuff here.
- after boss reappears, barrel off + hot + all cooldowns and pot while running in for radiant sacrament. Big wildfire combo as soon as I'm in. I feel like saving RRR for this may be worth it?
- I save hypercharge at this point because because second inception comes back too soon for me to get its full duration here.

Final phase
- all available cooldowns +wildfire happens right when final phase starts, so nothing special there. Pre-position for pool soaks and the movement is minimal.
- the point immediately after second pools is where I'm most unsure, because a lot of cooldowns come back right before the second holy bleed. Right now I'm going forward with the wildfire combo but deactivate b4b right before the bleed hits, but come to think of it, I should probably wait until after the bleed hits since these are the last times I use these moves before the fight ends anyway, right?

I hear that A12 is really good for MCH because the cooldowns line up well for them, but I keep finding all these 10-20 second gaps where I want to save cooldowns because of boss jumps. Not sure if it's the right decision to do it at those points, though.

Squishy3

I'm curious to see if that following the class-specific UI that they've talked about leading to you doing at least "decent" DPS will actually be effective. I hope we get footage of it at the EU fanfest. I'm wondering if it'll be comprehensive and show things like for example a Geirskogul icon that lights up showing that you can safely use Geirskogul right now and refresh BoTD provided the boss doesn't jump away or you need to handle a complex set of mechanics. Something like that would be pretty welcome because the obvious stuff is there for newcomers, but provides easier tracking of it for better players (a good example would be if for SMN their UI element had both your current aethertrail duration and aetherflow CD next to it making it easier to track when you should be gaining your aethertrail stacks without wasting a hotbar essentially just to see when aetherflow is off CD again) and it puts a focus on each class' unique components and brings them to the forefront, instead of just being locked to the same buff UI element everything else is on.

I think actually the other problem with Zurvan parties is a lot of people in PF may not actually just know their classes and their timers well enough to get the optimal burn out before the drop, since this is stuff that comes from hours and hours and hours of play in difficult content. As a Dragoon, you end up blowing Geirskogul early twice since it's a waste going into the drop with a full timer on BoTD, sure you'd keep it but you're missing out on two geirskoguls pre-drop (and one of them being in B4B) and you also get a total of 4 jumps pre-drop. (normal Jump comes off cooldown right before the drop, no point not to use it there) If you don't use the geirskogul and save your BotD timer, it still ends up falling off unless you don't reapply heavy thrust at the start. But then you're doing a chaos thrust/full thrust combo without heavy thrust's buff. Although I guess it might be slightly worth it since impulse drive itself is 10 potency higher than heavy thrust, even without the 10% damage increase. Hm... Might be worth trying at least to see if it lets me keep BoTD up. Still not 100% sure that it'd last long enough without using geirskogul though since there's still like 5 or so seconds before he becomes retargetable.

scy

I think actually the other problem with Zurvan parties is a lot of people in PF may not actually just know their classes and their timers well enough to get the optimal burn out before the drop, since this is stuff that comes from hours and hours and hours of play in difficult content. As a Dragoon, you end up blowing Geirskogul early twice since it's a waste going into the drop with a full timer on BoTD, sure you'd keep it but you're missing out on two geirskoguls pre-drop (and one of them being in B4B) and you also get a total of 4 jumps pre-drop. (normal Jump comes off cooldown right before the drop, no point not to use it there)

DRG is my new alt for this tier so take with grain of salt but: Move BotD earlier in the rotation (post-ID) and you can do 3 in the opening 48s and BotD pops before CT after the drop. You can also skip the Phleb refresh since the drop happens before it ticks enough to balance out reapplying it.

For what it's worth, you have roughly 75-76s of uptime on Zurvan in 80 seconds of the fight to do roughly 1,090,000 damage. In the first 48 seconds, there's 36,000 total damage to the tank (4 autos) assuming nobody gets hit with anything until Purge into the drop so not a lot of reason you can't have full tank damage + full healer damage as well. 8 anything that can clear their SSS for Zurvan EX (even if last second clears) has enough damage to do this.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Dots tick through timestop.
You should hypercharge between the first and the second inception, I think all the physical damage dealers including WAR will also burst here although I've seen NINs trick attack before the first inception cast so I'm not entirely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom