• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevren

Question to any of those that got the Garo mounts...I got the frontline fury achievement and it says it should give you the mount. Yet I did not, just curious if I'm missing something obvious? Playing frontlines was awful and just want to make sure.

Ken

Question to any of those that got the Garo mounts...I got the frontline fury achievement and it says it should give you the mount. Yet I did not, just curious if I'm missing something obvious? Playing frontlines was awful and just want to make sure.

Did you claim it from the achievement guy like every other achievement that awards items ever.

stay gold

So since Stormblood includes Heavensward, does anyone know if I pre-order the digital version of SB on PS4 will I 'own' HW straight away, or do I need to purchase it separately to play it before June?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So since Stormblood includes Heavensward, does anyone know if I pre-order the digital version of SB on PS4 will I 'own' HW straight away, or do I need to purchase it separately to play it before June?

The latter would be my guess. When people preordered complete edition back when 3.0 was coming out they wouldn't get access until Heavensward was actually out (and the double pack along with it).

IvorB

I think I might take a day for when Stormblood hits or maybe "work from home". It was such fun being on when the servers first go live on the expansion.

Finally got my AST shire weapon and hit ilvl 252 on AST as well. Gonna work on gearing up my tank(ilvl 236) and level my WHM so that all my healers are 60.

studyguy

Yo what the fuck.
We ran Zeruvan 10 times last night to get a weapon for one of our guys.
No joke, the bow dropped 7 times...SEVEN FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW

We literally got
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
GUN
AST GLOBE
SWORD SHIELD

What the fuck

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wanted to grind something, so I started the Anima chain. I don't have a Zeta, so I'm stuck with farming fates in HW areas for the first step.

I think I did around 5-10 of them in the Sea of Clouds and not one crystal dropped. I thought most of the steps have been made easier. Are those drop rates still so low?

I wanted to grind something, so I started the Anima chain. I don't have a Zeta, so I'm stuck with farming fates in HW areas for the first step.

I think I did around 5-10 of them in the Sea of Clouds and not one crystal dropped. I thought most of the steps have been made easier. Are those drop rates still so low?
It's like a 10% chance

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

You might hit a run of bad luck, but you'll get lucky in some zones. I spent maybe 3 or 4 Hours doing fates on my drg for them.

aett

Fellow Ultros players: is there a 3- or 4-star crafter who would be able to help me craft some Ironworks crafting gear later this week? I'll provide the raw mats, but only one of my classes (BSM) is able to do 3-star crafting, so I can't even craft the ingredients needed for the Ironworks gear.

I'm currently fully decked out in Carbonweave gear, with fully melded accessories, and two-star offhands. I'd like to get that helping hand up to three-star so that I can finish crafting the rest of the Ironworks stuff as well as the three-star mainhands.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Fellow Ultros players: is there a 3- or 4-star crafter who would be able to help me craft some Ironworks crafting gear later this week? I'll provide the raw mats, but only one of my classes (BSM) is able to do 3-star crafting, so I can't even craft the ingredients needed for the Ironworks gear.

I'm currently fully decked out in Carbonweave gear, with fully melded accessories, and two-star offhands. I'd like to get that helping hand up to three-star so that I can finish crafting the rest of the Ironworks stuff as well as the three-star mainhands.

white-lies-11.png

ironworks is a type of gear I think

Are you not in the GAF FC?

There are usually some pro crafter's on that can help

Squishy3

Wait.

Stormblood says "Expanded item inventory".

omg
Yeah, this was one of the big announcements at the very first keynote in Vegas.

So, for someone who still haven't reach Heavensward, is Stormblood worth buying?
Not right now, no. But when Stormblood comes out, if you want to play Red Mage, you'll be able to do so without having access to the Stormblood areas as the job trainer won't be in the Stormblood areas.

ironworks is a type of gear I think
Ironworks crafting gear is the best gear currently available for crafters and it's not class-locked so it's intended for omnicrafters.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yo what the fuck.
We ran Zeruvan 10 times last night to get a weapon for one of our guys.
No joke, the bow dropped 7 times...SEVEN FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW

We literally got
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Bow
GUN
AST GLOBE
SWORD SHIELD

What the fuck
Sometimes the game's RNG is just a great big middle finger.

My group has never seen a t9 scholar book drop. Ever. Not since we cleared it back when it was the main raid, and not in any farm runs that we had after.

aceface

Sometimes the game's RNG is just a great big middle finger.

My group has never seen a t9 scholar book drop. Ever. Not since we cleared it back when it was the main raid, and not in any farm runs that we had after.

I've had that book drop...from PotD. It's dyeable too.

Cmagus

Been seeing lots of complaints about Zurvan around the net. Is the trouble in Ex, normal or both?

People are having trouble with the soar mechanic pretty much. It's not gonna get any better either considering 95% of parties want you to skip it now and the ones that don't usually end in rage quit because people don't know the mechanic because they've been apart of skip mechanic parties lol.

The soar mechanic isn't hard but because the rest of the fight is so brain dead easy I find that most people don't have the patience this time around for people to be messing up. I've been in some parties that have been pretty nasty with some real charming people lol.

Been seeing lots of complaints about Zurvan around the net. Is the trouble in Ex, normal or both?

There is alot of frustration for the fight because it's easily single tank able, and yet PF parties are increasingly running into a mechanic early on that is easy to skip with good dps, but many can't. Even with 5 freaking dps. Skipping that mechanic, has basically become the norm now which means the average players mediocre dps are now actively being called out which created all the complaints your hearings about

Doesn't help that people are asking for stupid high gear level and yet aren't able to clear, making them even nastier.

I've given up trying to get a clear in this fight. It's not worth dealing with all the bullshit.

Soar is super easy but people treat it like a failed DPS check and lose their fucking minds.

This is a fight tuned for i250, stop being babies because people with Sophia weapons can't pull the same DPS as people with Alexandrian weapons.

ebil

BiS Raiders screaming that it's a disappointingly easy fight and that you should be able to skip stuff with average DPS from day 1 didn't help with the trickle down effect either (no matter how true it is).

Everyone feels entitled and everyone thinks they're better than everyone else when a vast majority of players can't output moderately good DPS to begin with. These players should probably work on performing the easy mechanic that you can skip instead of throwing tantrums at each other but that's not how this community works.

I mean, everyone from the FC wants their clear, but we've had to send them who were pulling paladin-level numbers back to Stone, Sky, Sea. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge your own limitations even if that's not pleasant.

iammeiam

At least part of it is a community that reacts really poorly to the idea that not everyone has the same goals and capabilities, though--like, there's nothing inherently wrong with wanting a party that skips Soar, if you're capable of carrying your share of the weight. All else aside, it's 20 seconds of dinking around waiting for the boss to reappear that you don't have to see which adds up over the course of ____ farming.

But it's a player base violently allergic to the concept of people having different goals, and thus either everybody should be able to skip Soar because ezmode, or the people who want to are big giant elitist crybabies who should suck it up and learn the mechanic so people who can't push the numbers don't feel left out. The idea of people self-sorting into parties that skip Soar and parties that just do it is foreign and mean to most people.

Combining it with cross-server PF makes it weirder because there's less immediately knowing based on who's in a group what kind of group it's going to be. I just want a world where people who can actually put out the damage to skip Soar have their parties, people who can't have their parties, and I can just show up to whatever on random healer classes and not care either way.

The funniest part is most farm parties I see these days are like "Its ok not to skip soar just know the mechanic" while trap I mean clear parties go BRING THE DEEPS OR GET OUT

ebil

The funniest part is most farm parties I see these days are like "Its ok not to skip soar just know the mechanic" while trap I mean clear parties go BRING THE DEEPS OR GET OUT
Even if a few people are terrible at it, it's so hilariously recoverable (on top of Zurvan not having a pre-ultimate enrage and generally nothing mattering much) that you could have half your party die to it and still clear as long as your tank/healers are alive and willing to rez up. Healers don't even participate to Soar, so as long as they're not being killed by several other players stacking on them it's just so easy to recover from.

Hikami

Garo Frontlines mount, get!

I actually thought they couldn't fly for some reason, pleasantly surprised that's not the case.

Now to time to finally try out the feast or whatever the other PvP mode is called..

Is Soar the same in EX? Split up towards the edge then run in and stack/heal?

If it is then I have no idea why these people are complaining since that mechanic is easy to deal with after you've seen it the first or second time.

I get the feeling some people just parrot what top 1% groups say despite the fact that they themselves are probably middling at best.

iammeiam

Is Soar the same in EX? Split up towards the edge then run in and stack/heal?

If it is then I have no idea why these people are complaining since that mechanic is easy to deal with after you've seen it the first or second time.

I get the feeling some people just parrot what top 1% groups say despite the fact that they themselves are probably middling at best.

Are you really... accusing a bunch of people of parroting opinions they don't understand based on how you think a mechanic you've never seen probably works? It's fairly straightforward but has more to it than the normal mechanic and unlike everything in normal can actually kill you.

The biggest problem is the misconception that it's a top 1% issue; if groups had to actually try specifically to skip Soar, it wouldn't be a huge deal. 2/2/4 groups with mixed iLevels were skipping it day 1. You can skip it in a single tank group where most DPS are well under the 50th percentile for the fight.The mechanic isn't particularly hard to execute it, but the barrier to skipping it isn't that high either.

Soar has two patterns in which he'll divebomb and they are telegraphed. Just taking a few minutes to look at a guide can show people it's rather simple to grasp. The endgame community getting worse and worse doesn't help matters. Now I'm questioning if I want to even bother trying to clear.

Qvoth

you probably do need to clear it sooner or later though
got my clear in a non soar skip PF, it was with 7 other english speakers (rare occurrence in tonberry) so i'm assuming they're together

Squishy3

ok yeah, soar is a fucking easy mechanic holy shit. we were all out of position on the second one, popped tank lb and still managed to position correctly lmao

i can't imagine doing tethers in a pf group though without voice chat. dodging southern cross is easy enough but with how move happy people are in pf everyone would move out of their circle and try to move into the other

B.K.

What's a good way to level 43-50? I need to do something else for a couple days. I'm really getting burned out on the story with all the bloat and filler. I'm getting tired of doing two or three quests and having to go gain another level, too. I want to get to 50 and forget it for the rest of the Realm Reborn story.

suzu

What's a good way to level 43-50? I need to do something else for a couple days. I'm really getting burned out on the story with all the bloat and filler. I'm getting tired of doing two or three quests and having to go gain another level, too. I want to get to 50 and forget it for the rest of the Realm Reborn story.

Palace of the Dead

Qvoth

ok yeah, soar is a fucking easy mechanic holy shit. we were all out of position on the second one, popped tank lb and still managed to position correctly lmao

i can't imagine doing tethers in a pf group though without voice chat. dodging southern cross is easy enough but with how move happy people are in pf everyone would move out of their circle and try to move into the other

tether is easier than soar imo lol

Squishy3

tether is easier than soar imo lol
it took us longer to grasp than soar, although part of that is we got bamboozled by the soar+dragon claw after the 2nd set. this was actually our first clear tonight, but we'd just not run it at all and are going back to bird farming as a way to relax from running savage. but clear in one night still feels pretty good even if it's an easy fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom