• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Dun Scaith is annoying. Latter bosses turn into damage spam if people don't position themselves properly and they never do because it's a 24-man. I just take the raise button off my SCH hotbars. What's your favorite meme? Mine is people unable to tell the stack indicator because it's purple and not yellow. Great stuff.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's item level 235 gear but it's not intended for any sort of PVE content so it doesn't have any accuracy on it.
Back to this. My friend went to Pharaoh Sirius Hard in GARO gear and random accessories which had 0 accuracy. His ilv was 233 and he didn't notice any misses.

So if that anecdotal evidence (the above run was performed in response to the quoted post) is true for other dungeons as well, grabbing a full ilv 235 GARO set through frontlines sounds like the fastest way to reach ilv 235. Plus, when farming frontlines for it, you'd get Scripture and Lore as well.

iammeiam

Back to this. My friend went to Pharaoh Sirius Hard in GARO gear and random accessories which had 0 accuracy. His ilv was 233 and he didn't notice any misses.

So if that anecdotal evidence (the above run was performed in response to the quoted post) is true for other dungeons as well, grabbing a full ilv 235 GARO set through frontlines sounds like the fastest way to reach ilv 235. Plus, when farming frontlines for it, you'd get Scripture and Lore as well.

They got a lot of backlash around 3.2 for the accuracy requirements in the level 60 dungeons due to healers having zero non-meld ways to get accuracy and took it out so healers could go back to hitting stuff without missing without needing a ton of accuracy melds.

Omni

They got a lot of backlash around 3.2 for the accuracy requirements in the level 60 dungeons due to healers having zero non-meld ways to get accuracy and took it out so healers could go back to hitting stuff without missing without needing a ton of accuracy melds.

I was so upset when I found myself missing holies and assize hits

NEVER AGAIN.

suzu

Yeah, getting full Garo set is a good filler. A friend did the same when he needed to raise his ilvl for MSQ.

yami4ct

Forgot to post images of my dragoon lady once I got to 50 and got her lookin like a real dragoon.

With Helmet:

unOIZMg.jpg

Without:

BLUpiNR.jpg

I'm very happy with how she turned out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Didn't Blizzard remove accuracy entirely from WoW because of problems like this?

Yeah, in 2013 with Draenor. No one enjoyed the game of stacking a pseudo-DPS stat to as close as cap as possible without actually going over the cap.

kagamin

Oh man, I just rushed all phases of Alexander at once with my FC, took a couple of hours but that was really fun, playing melee is way harder than ranged in terms of dodging without knowing the mechanics beforehand.

I still don't know how the purple stack mechanic works because whoever gets it always runs away from everyone and explodes alone.

Are you supposed to stack while also looking away from the marked player?

Just do any new dungeons and unlock the daily duty finder roulettes: expert, trial, 60, etc. They reward you with Lore and Scripture tomestones (tokens used to buy gear in Idyllshire).

So You Just Hit 60 in Patch 3.5 - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HkWhxbEiTHXXaoTaHiCNQmVgwTXLrGchcqa3AeQCpG8/edit

You should be able to run Neverreap and The Fractal Continuum as well, for variety and bonuses.

Once you hit ilvl 170, you can also run Pharos Sirius (Hard) and Saint Mocianne's Arboretum, for more bonuses and variety.

You'll get ilvl240 gear with Lore tomestones now, and you'll start to get Scripture so that you can buy ilvl 260 equipment. It's unfortunate, but it's really the only way of getting this gear. It'll be a slightly faster prospect for you than it was for me, since I was dealing with Esoterics last year, which only gave out ilvl 200 gear. Made it an even more painful process to get to ilvl 180 to continue the MSQ. Once you get over that initial hump, you'll find yourself well-geared for everything, and you'll notice that you'll have gotten significantly more powerful for the effort.

Do Clan Hunts for centurio seals that you can trade for ilvl 200 gear (which you can then upgrade into 210). Yolaine in the forgotten knight sells them, and the guy next to her sells the items needed to upgrade them.

They're really cheap so it should only take a few days of spending 15 minutes doing the daily 1-3 star hunts. Even less if you can find a PF group hunting A ranks.

The only MSQ that requires lore/scripture gear is the very last quest in the game, everything else you can get through at 210.

Thank you

I can't do Neverreap or The Fractal Continuum right now, as I am ilvl 142. But I suppose I'll be able to do them soon.

So for the Garo stuff, the only way you can buy it is with Wolf Marks, which is given to the player as a reward for any type of PvP, correct? So The Feast, Frontline and the others all give out Wolf Marks which I can use to buy Garo?

aceface

Thank you

I can't do Neverreap or The Fractal Continuum right now, as I am ilvl 142. But I suppose I'll be able to do them soon.

So for the Garo stuff, the only way you can buy it is with Wolf Marks, which is given to the player as a reward for any type of PvP, correct? So The Feast, Frontline and the others all give out Wolf Marks which I can use to buy Garo?

Yes. Just do your daily frontlines roulette and you will have your gear in no time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just finishing up ARR and starting on Heavensward story content and boy is it ever jarring hearing Alphinaud's voice actor change so suddenly. :lol

That plot dump at the end of ARR, though. Whew. Shit definitely happened.

creid

Thank you

IIRC there's a vendor that sells gear for gil that should get you high enough to do those 2 dungeons. In Azys La?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I still don't know how the purple stack mechanic works because whoever gets it always runs away from everyone and explodes alone.

Are you supposed to stack while also looking away from the marked player?

For a while I thought the targets were getting charmed, them running away is that consistent. It's utterly baffling and while I want to say the consistency indicates the failure on part of the encounter designers... Nah, I'll just go with the dumb pandemic.

Moaradin

Just finishing up ARR and starting on Heavensward story content and boy is it ever jarring hearing Alphinaud's voice actor change so suddenly. :lol

Every major character except Aymeric gets a new voice. Pretty much all of them are better as well.

Hystzen

Whats the EU SE store like for delivery its the only cheap place for a Heavensward ps4 and not sure if pull or not or wait see if the anniversary sale includes it

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I didn't get to play much these past 5 days because me and my nephew are trying to get some progress done in Bloodborne since Nioh is around the corner but I will be doing alot of heavy grinding this week to make progress in the Umbrite step for my Anima Weapon.

On the other hand I managed to convince my roommate to return to the game (by telling him he should catch up before Stormblood comes out since he's about to start Heavensward) and he in turn bought the game for his brother so now we both have new company to play the game with.

For the most part I don't mind the voice actor changes now as much as I did back in 3.0 but I would love to know why the Japanese players got to keep their original voice actors while we didn't.

Moaradin

For the most part I don't mind the voice actor changes now as much as I did back in 3.0 but I would love to know why the Japanese players got to keep their original voice actors while we didn't.

Didn't they change recording studios or something? Possibly to make it easier to bring actors back for future content.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think the original voice actors may have been carried over from FFXIV 1.0 so maybe they wanted to change them to people who were easier to get a hold of.

Also, Yugiri's voice actress was murdered right around the time Heavensward was released. :(

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Didn't they change recording studios or something? Possibly to make it easier to bring actors back for future content.
Of course it was always going to be about logistics and money but Square-Enix never gave a reason or at least a heads up to the changes
Also, Yugiri's voice actress was murdered right around the time Heavensward was released. :(

Yeah I remember that and it was a shame too but I guess ultimately I just miss Gideon Emery as Urianger because I don't feel like Tim Watson does so great as Urianger.

Bajan32

yep

Dun Scaith run for reset day at 9pm EST if you want to join reply with your ingame name.

crazy last couple days but im in if im on!
thanks for setting these up red.

Oh hey Vic Strange thanks for helping with Alex, sorry was no show to finish yesterday had bit of emergency.

see you guys online soon

Pachimari

I'm starting to think I should have bought this outside of Steam. If I buy the collectors edition of Stormblood from the Square Enix store, I'll just need A Realm Reborn to be able to play it all outside of Steam correct?

Squishy3

I'm starting to think I should have bought this outside of Steam. If I buy the collectors edition of Stormblood from the Square Enix store, I'll just need A Realm Reborn to be able to play it all outside of Steam correct?
You're locked to Steam if you want to play the same character. You can't have a Steam and Windows license on the same account.

You could buy the console version of the CE though, and then all you'd need is ARR for PS4. (I think you'd need access to a PS4 to be able to tie the license to your account though) You just can't do it for the PC one. You'd need a Steam version of Stormblood regardless if you only play on PC though.

Haly

PVP in this game is such a mess they need to tone down healing by 75%. 2 healers can basically outheal 6 DPS's worth of damage.

Pachimari

You're locked to Steam if you want to play the same character. You can't have a Steam and Windows license on the same account.

You could buy the console version of the CE though, and then all you'd need is ARR for PS4. (I think you'd need access to a PS4 to be able to tie the license to your account though) You just can't do it for the PC one. You'd need a Steam version of Stormblood regardless if you only play on PC though.
Ah that's crap. I won't go back to PS4, as I prefer playing it on my PC. I'll just buy the Windows version of the CE to get the figure, and the full price Steam version too.

xxczx

PVP in this game is such a mess they need to tone down healing by 75%. 2 healers can basically outheal 6 DPS's worth of damage.
Well a number of factors come down to this

1) are you doing your burst correctly?
2) are the healers being CC'd? if free casting, no wonder
3) are you splitting your damage or focusing down 1 person?
4) are the DPS/tanks you're hitting peeling/migrating?

Cmagus

Looks like Aether is dead yet again....

Healers and tanks are pretty OP in Feast right now. DRK imo needs a nerf the most. I find that the jobs balance mostly in the bigger matches like Shatter and Seize but Feast is very unbalanced.

Most of the time it really comes down to party make ups though which can be a problem in something like feast. The changes to feast are terrible and the removal of chat altogether will kill Feast once this event ends. I mean a huge majority of the community is super pissed about the chat removal, you basically can't communicate at all and those stupid quick chat things are useless.

xxczx

DRK imo needs a nerf the most.
DRK is the most underperforming tank, every balance patch there is at least some buff to DRK but WAR/PLD still outshines DRK by miles...

The job just need a complete overhaul for PvP. If you look through the Feast rankings, I doubt you will find any DRK mains.

Cmagus

DRK is the most underperforming tank, every balance patch there is at least some buff to DRK but WAR/PLD still outshines DRK by miles...

The job just need a complete overhaul for PvP. If you look through the Feast rankings, I doubt you will find any DRK mains.

Maybe it's the sheer amount of DRK doing PVP right now but getting multiple DRK can literally cripple the opposite party or at least that's what I've been seeing. In my experience I find PLD one of the easiest to take down and WAR is still a big powerhouse as usual. Then again there is a lot of people who aren't too familiar with the PVP and are just doing it for the event and the lack of communication doesn't help so that could be why they seem to stand out to me

Haly

1) are you doing your burst correctly?
No one holds still long enough for me to really get my burst off.
2) are the healers being CC'd? if free casting, no wonder
Most of them are free casting. I get 2 seconds of stun and 3 seconds of silence (every 90 seconds). It's impossible for me to take out a healer if there's another healer.
3) are you splitting your damage or focusing down 1 person?
I'm focusing any healer I see or casters other people are focusing.
4) are the DPS/tanks you're hitting peeling/migrating?
I don't know, they're just running around. I can't lock them down for any appreciable amount of time.

I just pray for people to not pay attention to me.

Squishy3

8v8 feast is cancer because there's no limit on roles so you can just have a team that is unkillable because they have 3 healers and they get one kill and you can never get those medals back

frontlines you're up to the whims of whoever is in last place working with you to drag down whoever's in first

4v4 feast isn't bad but you best be going in with a premade or you'll just be miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom