• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

Level 46 and three more levels until the next story mission (which I am assuming is one of the last). Time to do a ton of duties...

BLCKATK

I've been waiting for 23 minutes in the matchmaking for Duty Roulette: Frontline. Is this normal?

I forget if you are level 60, but if you aren't, the level 50 PvP modes are not active at all lately. You won't really be able to start doing PvP until you hit Level 60.

I forget if you are level 60, but if you aren't, the level 50 PvP modes are not active at all lately. You won't really be able to start doing PvP until you hit Level 60.

I'm level 60, but I was totally in the level 50 Duty Roulette. I don't have the level 60 one. How do I unlock it?

did u check off frontline freeloader or w/e

free agent frontline?

I didn't see that. I don't know how it was set up. I'll check tomorrow.

edit: I'm currently at the MSQ "As It Once Was". I am ilvl 142. I have 145 ilvl main gear, but lower ivl accessories, which puts me at 142. It's lame. I'll have to grind that one dungeon over and over to get tomes.

BLCKATK

But are they two Frontlines? A lvl 50 one and a lvl 60 one?

So there is only one "Duty Roulette: Frontline". That will supposedly put you in the earliest game that needs players (for your GC, by turning on Freelancer, this allows you to join any team, hence faster queue). So you were doing it right.

When you look at the "PvP" section of the Duty Finder, there should be four different Frontline activities.

"Borderland Ruins (Secure)" Lv. 50
"Borderland Ruins (Slaughter)" Lv. 50
"Seal Rock (Sieze)" Lv. 60
"The Fields of Glory (Shatter)" Lv. 60

If you got those, you got everything unlocked and you're all set. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even let you do Frontline roulette if you didn't have it unlocked.

Pachimari

This morning I have continued my journey in Eorzea, and beaten a few MSQs to get to MSQ 100. I know there's a long way to go, but I am enjoying the trip, and plan on doing 10 MSQs a day for the next 9 days, so I can get to the lvl 50 content. Anyway, I am not used to being on a full server, as I am in Europe and usually play when the Americans have gone to bed on Ultros. I also met a random gaffer in the wild.

QbLoi8U.jpg

I also discovered new areas, and attuned to a few Aetherytes in Limsa Lominsa which is a region I haven't been that fond of, but it hides some beautiful locations to the East. I found this high-tech fortress that reminded me of Eos:

I went on to find this beach which I did not expect. Again, it reminded me of Galdin Quay in Eos, and it was so stunning to look at:

But what was most impressive to me, was the other day when I went to do a little quest, where I had to find some stuff at a random stone. On my way there I saw in the horizon a pretty special looking horse and knight riding it. He looked way too cool and strong and was a lvl 57, and I was lvl 30 at the time. I tried my luck and stayed to my own business and kept my distance from him, but he ended up slaying me in one swell swoop. After that I went there again and slowly people gathered at the FATE and resulted in this huge battle. I haven't seen a bigger battle than this so far, but I was amazed and now I want that Odin figure. I wonder if he'll play a part in the story.

Hikami

PVP in this game is such a mess they need to tone down healing by 75%. 2 healers can basically outheal 6 DPS's worth of damage.

healers are the worst part of PvP honestly
also having to redo my AP everytime I want to play a different job

healers are the worst part of PvP honestly
also having to redo my AP everytime I want to play a different job

Did you set up presets? You can save 5 different classes in them. It's much better than redoing it every time.

Healers are actually not as bad as they used to be. Back in like 3.1 noct stance astrologians were basically unkillable

creid

edit: I'm currently at the MSQ "As It Once Was". I am ilvl 142. I have 145 ilvl main gear, but lower ivl accessories, which puts me at 142. It's lame. I'll have to grind that one dungeon over and over to get tomes.
There's a vendor in Helix that will sell you accessories to get you over 145.

kagamin

I just did Dun Scaith solo queue (my first run of it); our party wiped 3 times on queen, but other than that (and having to wait to have our DPS slots fill up after the second wipe when people left) we were good.

No a12s this week sadly. Everyone is busy but hopefully this week we'll get progress in and maybe even kill it. It doesn't look that bad especially now that my group are in 270 or near full bis with zurvan weapons and augmented shire. I got cleaved by a warrior that has the alexandrian axe on a11s tonight... yeah, I didn't expect that to happen but I guess people have different ways of tanking in terms of positioning. Also, it was 1 chest... still cool that the twine and coat still drop. I think that's what everyone was worried about missing.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Finished newest anima, and it said its over. Is there not going to be a 275 upgrade with 3.55?

Yes

Source:

Q: By the way, last time you divided the patch into two parts because it was too big in volume to include into only 2.5. Why did you divide it into two parts this time?
Y: It has nothing to do with big cliffhangers like the last one, but this time we intentionally divided it into two parts. The truth is, Part 2 will come after 3.5 and 3.55. The third season of The Feast will end with 3.55, we will add the continuation of the Anima weapons, etc. and after that Part 2 of the patch will come.

http://gamerescape.com/2017/01/12/gamewatch-interview-with-naoki-yoshida-on-patch-3-5-and-more/

What elements will be added in patch 3.55?

Yoshida: It will include the next step of the anima weapon upgrades and the end of season 3 of The Feast. Part 2 will be implemented some time after these elements are introduced in patch 3.55

Q:Anima Weapons will be updated twice more

Will we be able to bring the item level of anima weapons up to 270 with the rest of the quests?

Yoshida: There will be two more stages of the Anima weapon.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/129618-Yoshida-on-Patch-3.5-Famitsu-Interview-Translation

Omni

When a BLM in A9 is doing 700dps while equipped in i260-70 gear

like what are you doing omg. I get not everyone is good at their jobs but why are you trying to do savage when you haven't even learnt a basic rotation. TRIGGERED

desverger

I don't know why nobody has mentioned it, but you can buy ilvl 200 gear with Centurio Seals, which are a currency you get from doing Clan Hunts.

Get the hunt logs from Foundation, there's also the item vendor in the tavern that looks like some old lady. She sells ilvl 200 Artifact gear.

There's a couple of quests you need to do unlock the 3* hunts and I'm not sure if that needed you to advance the story or not, but at least you should be able to do the 2* hunts and get a couple of items from there.

So I capped lore again.

I don't need Eikonic gear and I have no intention of doing an Anima weapon (sweet jesus that umbrite step, just no)

Anything else I should use this for?

Omni

So I capped lore again.

I don't need Eikonic gear and I have no intention of doing an Anima weapon (sweet jesus that umbrite step, just no)

Anything else I should use this for?
Buy mats and sell on the MB. Or directly to crafters. On my server you usually get 1million per 2k lore

Lanrutcon

When a BLM in A9 is doing 700dps while equipped in i260-70 gear

like what are you doing omg. I get not everyone is good at their jobs but why are you trying to do savage when you haven't even learnt a basic rotation. TRIGGERED

I got shouted at in one of the new dungeons cause I asked the Bard if he was gonna put on wanderer's at some point.

"It doesn't make a difference to DPS"

Look mate, I also hate wanderer's, but I acknowledge it definitely does affect dps.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Are you in the GAF fc on ultros and if so what's your character name?

Meccs

Just resubbed, level 57 Scholar and I finally have the time to complete Heavensward.
Healer anxiety is already setting in since I stopped right at The Vault story dungeon. Thank god I still had my bar setups etc. The ability bloat is real, especially if you haven't played for a year. Not sure if I should dive right into The Vault though.

My anxiety comes from the fact that I'm always late to the content because I usually don't have enough time when new stuff comes out and I feel like everyone is expecting a perfect run at this point. :/

So there is only one "Duty Roulette: Frontline". That will supposedly put you in the earliest game that needs players (for your GC, by turning on Freelancer, this allows you to join any team, hence faster queue). So you were doing it right.

When you look at the "PvP" section of the Duty Finder, there should be four different Frontline activities.

"Borderland Ruins (Secure)" Lv. 50
"Borderland Ruins (Slaughter)" Lv. 50
"Seal Rock (Sieze)" Lv. 60
"The Fields of Glory (Shatter)" Lv. 60

If you got those, you got everything unlocked and you're all set. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even let you do Frontline roulette if you didn't have it unlocked.

Alright, thanks. I'll check this out later after work.

There's a vendor in Helix that will sell you accessories to get you over 145.

Cool, thanks.

I don't know why nobody has mentioned it, but you can buy ilvl 200 gear with Centurio Seals, which are a currency you get from doing Clan Hunts.

Get the hunt logs from Foundation, there's also the item vendor in the tavern that looks like some old lady. She sells ilvl 200 Artifact gear.

There's a couple of quests you need to do unlock the 3* hunts and I'm not sure if that needed you to advance the story or not, but at least you should be able to do the 2* hunts and get a couple of items from there.

Thanks

Are you in the GAF fc on ultros and if so what's your character name?

I am. My character's name is Zephyr Alizee.

Just resubbed, level 57 Scholar and I finally have the time to complete Heavensward.
Healer anxiety is already setting in since I stopped right at The Vault story dungeon. Thank god I still had my bar setups etc. The ability bloat is real, especially if you haven't played for a year. Not sure if I should dive right into The Vault though.

My anxiety comes from the fact that I'm always late to the content because I usually don't have enough time when new stuff comes out and I feel like everyone is expecting a perfect run at this point. :/

If you let people know that it's your first time in a piece of content, or that you're re-learning after taking a break, and they still expect you to do it perfectly, then that's on them, not you.

CLBridges

I'm really considering switching the main class I play to WHM. I love BRD but healing is starting to feel more satisfying than deeps. Maybe I'll wait until Stormblood and see what battle system changes are made.

Wilsongt

Best song out of Warring Triad fights is Sephirot it's basically the devil may cry vocalist doing Nine inch nails

Sophia is the better song. However, Sephi is the better fight.

Dun Scaith is painful at times. People forgetting meteors in the 3rd fight... Everyone getting bitch slapped... Not moving away from her jump AoE...

Other than Cuchicuchicoo, Void Ark was never as annoying as Wiping City and Dun Wiped.

wamberz1

Sophia is the better song. However, Sephi is the better fight.

Dun Scaith is painful at times. People forgetting meteors in the 3rd fight... Everyone getting bitch slapped... Not moving away from her jump AoE...

Other than Cuchicuchicoo, Void Ark was never as annoying as Wiping City and Dun Wiped.

Don't forget people forgetting about the big add the second time he jumps down. So he wipes the group again. sigh.

POTD level 1-40/50 will do those levels quite quickly
I attempted the level 50 boss last night. My group and I went in blind. Threw the whole run out of the window. Turbo Tip:
You must dodge all AOE attacks. If she hits any person in your party 5 times (not per person, total), it is an automatic wipe.

dramatis

But what was most impressive to me, was the other day when I went to do a little quest, where I had to find some stuff at a random stone. On my way there I saw in the horizon a pretty special looking horse and knight riding it. He looked way too cool and strong and was a lvl 57, and I was lvl 30 at the time. I tried my luck and stayed to my own business and kept my distance from him, but he ended up slaying me in one swell swoop. After that I went there again and slowly people gathered at the FATE and resulted in this huge battle. I haven't seen a bigger battle than this so far, but I was amazed and now I want that Odin figure. I wonder if he'll play a part in the story.
Odin spawns once every few days, if he's killed.

Newer players probably don't know this, but he takes on the form of whoever did the finishing blow.

So if Odin looks like a dumpy lala well that's why he looks weirdly tiny and unimpressive.

Thorgal

fun bit of trivia about that fight .

if you look underneath The name Odin you can see another name .
it is the name
of the player who dealt the killing blow on Odin last time his FATE appeared.
this fits lore wise with the fact that
the primal Odin is actually the sword which takes over the body of a new poor sod who then becomes the next Odin

fun bit of trivia about that fight .

if you look underneath The name Odin you can see another name .
it is the name
of the player who dealt the killing blow on Odin last time his FATE appeared.
this fits lore wise with the fact that
the primal Odin is actually the sword which takes over the body of a new poor sod who then becomes the next Odin
That is pretty cool. I stumbled on this Fate a couple days ago. It was complete Chaos. Lag City.
But I was able to get some gear for my chocobo!
So that was pretty cool.

Pachimari

Odin spawns once every few days, if he's killed.

Newer players probably don't know this, but he takes on the form of whoever did the finishing blow.

So if Odin looks like a dumpy lala well that's why he looks weirdly tiny and unimpressive.

He looked like the figure on the Square Enix store. Or maybe he did have another form, but to me he looked like the figure.

I haven't seen him in another form yet but that sounds so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom