• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I think my new pet peeve in XIV is dungeon tanks who try to tank out of aggro stance and lose hate to me on bosses, despite them having better gear.

The worst is that they're totally fine losing hate to me and letting me die until I tell them to put on Grit/Defiance etc.

Use Elusive Jump- oh.

Grudy

So my free trial with the purchase of the game ends tomorrow and i don't think I'll be renewing my sub. I'm just not enjoying the game sadly. I played up to the end of 2.0 and reached level 50 and I gotta say I did not enjoy the majority of it. This was my first 'traditional' MMO as the only other one I played was GW2 which is vastly different. It's just not for me. It's got a lot of good stuff going for it, but I'm simply burnt out just trying to catch up with everyone else.

You guys got a great FC though :)

Qvoth

So my free trial with the purchase of the game ends tomorrow and i don't think I'll be renewing my sub. I'm just not enjoying the game sadly. I played up to the end of 2.0 and reached level 50 and I gotta say I did not enjoy the majority of it. This was my first 'traditional' MMO as the only other one I played was GW2 which is vastly different. It's just not for me. It's got a lot of good stuff going for it, but I'm simply burnt out just trying to catch up with everyone else.

You guys got a great FC though :)

if you finished 2.0 and still didn't enjoy it then yeah the game's probably not for you

ebil

I think my new pet peeve in XIV is dungeon tanks who try to tank out of aggro stance and lose hate to me on bosses, despite them having better gear.

The worst is that they're totally fine losing hate to me and letting me die until I tell them to put on Grit/Defiance etc.
It's always DRKs, too. I basically had a conversation going like this with an A12s geared DRK last week:

"- Please use Grit, I'm ripping hate from you.
- No wai, git gud.
- ..."

Caj814

That feeling when all 3 Fell Cleaves crit.
Hcb0SlM.gif

So do we know until when we have to get the Garo equipment? I'm still level 140-something so I can't play The Feast yet. And I just started an internship in a law firm, so I don't have as much time as I did before to play.

edit: also, I would like to know if the MSQs for the Heavensward patches give 150+ ilvl equipment as a reward. That would greatly help cut down the time it'll require for me to get done with the Garo stuff.

edit: holy fuck, I can't even do the next MSQ quest, as it's ivl 180 (the dungeon in Matoya's Cave). What the hell do I do now?

So do we know until when we have to get the Garo equipment? I'm still level 140-something so I can't play The Feast yet. And I just started an internship in a law firm, so I don't have as much time as I did before to play.

Haven't heard a date but they said it'll be awhile so maybe until the release of Stormblood

Caj814

The Garo event is going to go over 6 months and last pass the Stormblood release window (additional gearsets added for new jobs perhaps?). I imagine they'll give us more than a heads up on when it will be gone.

Vic_Viper

About to hit lvl53 with my NIN and I just noticed there's a vendor next to the poetics lady that wants items in trade for weapons and gear. Is there an easy way to tell which items I should keep for trading and which are just vendor trash. I had be passing on crafting mat drops in dungeons lately and sold everything I had before hitting 50. Is there a good guide online as to which items require certain items for trading?

It's always DRKs, too. I basically had a conversation going like this with an A12s geared DRK last week:

"- Please use Grit, I'm ripping hate from you.
- No wai, git gud.
- ..."

oh yeah. them passing the blame to you when they're so shit they can't keep hate from someone at least 10 ilevels below them.

dramatis

About to hit lvl53 with my NIN and I just noticed there's a vendor next to the poetics lady that wants items in trade for weapons and gear. Is there an easy way to tell which items I should keep for trading and which are just vendor trash. I had be passing on crafting mat drops in dungeons lately and sold everything I had before hitting 50. Is there a good guide online as to which items require certain items for trading?
The items you get from trading there are mostly lvl 50 gear. Unless you want a specific piece for glamour, there's no need to trade there.

The tokens used to trade with that vendor are dropped in the 2.0 EX Primals.

So do I have to grind The Aetherochemical Research Facility over and over until I have enough materials to buy higher level gear? Grinding dungeons in order to be able to continue the MSQ seems crazy to me. I thought they had corrected this years ago.

Thorgal

on another note , outside of doing savage raiding , there is no way for me to get a 270 weapon correct ? ( excluding rellic weap)

Hystzen

Decides do a quick Labyrinth Of Acients for my tomes while tea is cooking. Should be 20-30 mins max

1 hour, 8 wipes (to undead dragon and behemoth) and burned food for tea.

People can't be arsed with mechanics and think can brute force it. Our Alliance was only one trying, best moment is after a wipe to undead dragon alliance c tanks pulls boss while everyone is running back from entrance wiping his team while we all watch.

suzu

So do I have to grind The Aetherochemical Research Facility over and over until I have enough materials to buy higher level gear? Grinding dungeons in order to be able to continue the MSQ seems crazy to me. I thought they had corrected this years ago.

Just do any new dungeons and unlock the daily duty finder roulettes: expert, trial, 60, etc. They reward you with Lore and Scripture tomestones (tokens used to buy gear in Idyllshire).

So You Just Hit 60 in Patch 3.5 - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HkWhxbEiTHXXaoTaHiCNQmVgwTXLrGchcqa3AeQCpG8/edit

ebil

on another note , outside of doing savage raiding , there is no way for me to get a 270 weapon correct ? ( excluding rellic weap)
Not yet, but they'll eventually let you buy Gobdips with the 3 alliance raid tokens. It's probably going to come either with 3.55 or 3.56, whenever they add the last step to Anima (and hopefully unlock Alexander Savage).

Decides do a quick Labyrinth Of Acients for my tomes while tea is cooking. Should be 20-30 mins max

1 hour, 8 wipes (to undead dragon and behemoth) and burned food for tea.

People can't be arsed with mechanics and think can brute force it. Our Alliance was only one trying, best moment is after a wipe to undead dragon alliance c tanks pulls boss while everyone is running back from entrance wiping his team while we all watch.
At least you didn't wipe to Ancient Flare
PADS <se.6>
PADS <se.6>
PADS <se.6>
PADS <se.6>

ebil

As we are completely out of things to do past Tuesday for the next few months, my group just decided to do a premade PvP night. Frontline got wrecked, was a lot of fun!

(then we did 4v4 Feast and I think we managed to hit enrage)

Heartfyre

You should be able to run Neverreap and The Fractal Continuum as well, for variety and bonuses.

Once you hit ilvl 170, you can also run Pharos Sirius (Hard) and Saint Mocianne's Arboretum, for more bonuses and variety.

You'll get ilvl240 gear with Lore tomestones now, and you'll start to get Scripture so that you can buy ilvl 260 equipment. It's unfortunate, but it's really the only way of getting this gear. It'll be a slightly faster prospect for you than it was for me, since I was dealing with Esoterics last year, which only gave out ilvl 200 gear. Made it an even more painful process to get to ilvl 180 to continue the MSQ. Once you get over that initial hump, you'll find yourself well-geared for everything, and you'll notice that you'll have gotten significantly more powerful for the effort.

Do Clan Hunts for centurio seals that you can trade for ilvl 200 gear (which you can then upgrade into 210). Yolaine in the forgotten knight sells them, and the guy next to her sells the items needed to upgrade them.

They're really cheap so it should only take a few days of spending 15 minutes doing the daily 1-3 star hunts. Even less if you can find a PF group hunting A ranks.

The only MSQ that requires lore/scripture gear is the very last quest in the game, everything else you can get through at 210.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Why not just farm frontlines for the ilv 235 Garo gear? You can get one set much faster that way than through anything else, no?

Someone pm me their friend referral code, I'm doing my first paid sub tomorrow and figured someone from GAF FC can benefit.

EDIT: Got one, thanks.

I can't help but feel they got really lazy with Zurvan's theme. It's just a little bizarre for a theme where we're supposed to suffer endless torment. Some lyrics would have been great. I'm just so glad I can rest and not do that right now since I got the demonic lanner yesterday and bought the rest of my alt weapons with the 56 totems I had. What a disappointing fight and a salt fest.

wamberz1

I can't help but feel they got really lazy with Zurvan's theme. It's just a little bizarre for a theme where we're supposed to suffer endless torment. Some lyrics would have been great. I'm just so glad I can rest and not do that right now since I got the demonic lanner yesterday and bought the rest of my alt weapons with the 56 totems I had. What a disappointing fight and a salt fest.
The cinematic ultimate was cool, but yeah the theme was really a let down, especially considering it's hot off the heels of the god(ess)liness that is equilibrium.

Guess Who

Banned
I think I might be coming to terms with Wanderer's Minuet. I was trying to reconnect with Bard today.

I still haven't come to terms with it and I never stopped maining Bard after 3.0. Like, I can manage the rotation and everything fine with it, but fuck me it feels so much less fun to play.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The only thing that really bothers me about WM is that it seems way more tacked on than Gauss Barrel. They are the same thing in theory, but Mechanist has the ammo/reload mechanic and the 3-shot rotation procs that give you a decent amount of instant abilities woven into the cast times. The bard version doesn't feel like it has nearly that level of synergy.

Guess Who

Banned
The only thing that really bothers me about WM is that it seems way more tacked on than Gauss Barrel. They are the same thing in theory, but Mechanist has the ammo/reload mechanic and the 3-shot rotation procs that give you a decent amount of instant abilities woven into the cast times. The bard version doesn't feel like it has nearly that level of synergy.

It's so tacked on that they had to totally rework Barrage to make sense afterward. (On that note, disabling auto-attacks on Bard is clearly a holdover from Gauss Barrel, where it makes more sense because the turret acts as an auto-attack.) It's super thoughtless design.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's so tacked on that they had to totally rework Barrage to make sense afterward. (On that note, disabling auto-attacks on Bard is clearly a holdover from Gauss Barrel, where it makes more sense because the turret acts as an auto-attack.) It's super thoughtless design.

Yeah It's kind of weird. I actually prefer POTD on my mechanist compared to my natural level because I actually enjoy the playstyle with gauss barrel more than without it. I don't feel the same way about archer.

Still haven't seen all the bosses to the new 24 man raid. I just queue in progress and hope for something close to the last boss. Can't even be bothered to aim for any loot, just want the darn coin

Still haven't seen all the bosses to the new 24 man raid. I just queue in progress and hope for something close to the last boss. Can't even be bothered to aim for any loot, just want the darn coin

It's honestly really short but wipes make it long. 4 bosses and the 3rd is a bitch to deal with. The average alliance puts you at 3rd boss in maybe 20-30 min on average and then the last boss is really easy. Shorter than Mhach but harder for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom